Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,907 members, 7,810,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree (75431 Views)

2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Goodvibes8(m): 3:30pm On Mar 23
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.
He cheers me up and told me better days ahead.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
I won’t lie I felt so devastated.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Franklyspeakin: 3:40pm On Mar 23
Itis well

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Jennyclay(f): 3:43pm On Mar 23
Thread for olodo rabatas!

Biko, Let me gently leave this thread for them

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by tonicyril: 3:53pm On Mar 23
Jennyclay:
Thread for olodo rapatas!

See as u talk like ur mother grin

384 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Goodvibes8(m): 3:56pm On Mar 23
Jennyclay:
Thread for olodo rapatas!

Sweet heart Don’t judge the book by it cover.
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.
I don’t blame anybody, I take responsibility for my actions.
I still Thank God I’m not where I used to be.

1050 Likes 81 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 4:03pm On Mar 23
I'm sorry oooo....But why will u go to college and graduate with a bad grade

........it's not a case of everybody cannot get good grade.... because there's actually enough room on the good grade level for everybody.....

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by chopnaira: 4:05pm On Mar 23
Keep your head up OP. There is always something or someone that would need your skills irrespective of the class of degree.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Festus30(m): 4:10pm On Mar 23
advanceDNA:
I'm sorry oooo....But why will u go to college and graduate with a bad grade

........it's not a case of everybody cannot get good grade.... because there's actually enough room on the good grade level for everybody.....
dis one just dey use English confuse himself.

237 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 4:13pm On Mar 23
Festus30:
dis one just dey use English confuse himself.

Sigh!!!
U even rush jump into my mention without auditing urself first...

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Ibechris2: 4:14pm On Mar 23
U are calling that wahala girl sweetheart.

U no well honestly.

Goodvibes8:
Sweet heart Don’t judge the book by its cover.
Not everyone who graduated with a third class are dull or unserious when in school.
Life happens to anyone academically, financially, health wise, businesses and so on.
I went to a state university and I paid my tuition fees ALL by myself, I had little time to attend lectures and study my books being a commercial bike rider and laundry service provider just to pay my bills back then. It wasn’t an easy ride for me.
I don’t blame anybody, I take responsibility for my actions.
I still Thank God I’m not where I used to be.

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Sheuns(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23
When I got into uni I told myself I’ll not leave with anything lower than a 2:1, not because I intend to seek jobs with it but I can’t spend 4 years in school and not leave with at least a decent result. I wasn’t the most serious type but I made sure I finished with a 2:1 which I did.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by advanceDNA: 5:27pm On Mar 23
Ibechris2:

U no well honestly

That's what them ladies want on nairaland. ....asslicking

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by NOwazobia: 5:45pm On Mar 23
You dish the result and work as though you don't have one...

7 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by ceevictor(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23
Based on my job experience over years, nobody looks at class of degree anymore and this thread does not have a make sense

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Festus30(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23
Ibechris2:
U no well honestly.
I tire for the op, I wonder wat is sweet in dat girl heart… dat leech get bitter leaf heart.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Jokerman(m): 6:09pm On Mar 23
Next time work hard to graduate with a better class of degree especially the young graduates reading this....

Although it's not easy, but as children of God, "we can do all things through Christ that strengthens is"

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by iCauseTrouble: 9:03pm On Mar 23
grin
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by inoki247: 9:03pm On Mar 23
Buh is time you look at the bright side of Life u need to hustle like a drop out don't let ur grade determine your happiness or your success....

6 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by CamsedVacancy: 9:03pm On Mar 23
Send me the link. I know someone with the class of degree
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by lexy2014: 9:04pm On Mar 23
advanceDNA:

Sigh!!!
U even rush jump into my mention without auditing urself first...

what was he supposed to audit?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by fasho01(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23
Yet some are pushing for a 3rd class mandate hunter to occupy the highest job in the country tongue

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Kingluqman(m): 9:05pm On Mar 23
Jokerman:
Next time work hard to graduate with a better class of degree especially the young graduates reading this....

Although it's not easy, but as children of God, "we can do all things through Christ that strengthens is"
Which next time again? grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by bigdammyj: 9:05pm On Mar 23
Seen.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by 99thEnemy(m): 9:05pm On Mar 23
Goodvibes8:
There’s a new Apple Store situated around ikeja, they strictly deals on Apple products only and they needed an accountant, the salary is quite good… so a good friend of mine sent me a link that I should apply for the job since I have Bsc in accounting, then I applied.

Yesterday I received an Email from the Apple Store stating that I wasn’t up to the criteria due to my class of degree. I felt disappointed but life goes on.

I just screenshot the mail and send it to my friend and he said he wasn’t aware that there was a specific class of degree ( minimum of 2:2) to apply for the job.
He cheers me up and told me better days ahead.

Though I’ve a job currently but the Apple Store is willing to pay x 2 of my current salary.
I won’t lie I felt so devastated.
cool
Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Honestey: 9:06pm On Mar 23
But they may end up with a cheat at school who graduated with 2.1

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Pootle: 9:06pm On Mar 23
better one ahead...keep your head up

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by FutureFocus: 9:06pm On Mar 23
Your class of degree does not determine your success in life, be creative and push hard

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by virginboy1(m): 9:06pm On Mar 23
Sorry about this...my only advice is for you on upskill yourself...
Learn other skills...rater than depending your degree

6 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Tokskob2008: 9:06pm On Mar 23
Even with a better degree most still don't have jobs

9 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree by Kemadealadire(f): 9:06pm On Mar 23
See below

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Just Got This Message From NYIF / Access Bank 10 Minutes Recruitment / Application For Recruitment Into The Nigerian Navy (nnbts 17 Batch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.