Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,518 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG (31493 Views)

SSANU, NASU Suspend Strike After Meeting With Education Minister / No Agreement Yet To Suspend Strike ― ASUU / Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by iphanyiuma(m): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
Happy consideration, gringrin.. ASUU should just make it official that every year, schools should go on 3 months Hustle beaak so as to help students who are roasting in schools... That one will be better.. gringringrin
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by mrsochy: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
grin if they call off dis wan now nxt 4 years e go set again wayo ASUU and fGovt. They av successfully played anoda trick on students again nonsense.
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Elin: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
morereb10:
Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it has agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike. The news comes after 12 hours, 30 minutes of a closed door meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja which started 1:38pm on Thursday, September 7 and ended 2:15 a.m. on Friday, September 8.

According to PT, the leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week. The national president of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.

In his words:

"Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration."
Adamu Adamu, the minister of education, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.

Recall that the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU) and the National Association of Academic Technologists, (NAAT), announced that they would join the ASUU strike on Wednesday, September 6.

The president of SSANU, who is also the chairman of JAC while speaking at a press conference in Abuja explained reasons for the industrial action, saying the nationwide strike would be total and comprehensive.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/09/just-in-ASUU-reaches-agreement-to.html?m=1

grin
morereb10:
Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it has agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike. The news comes after 12 hours, 30 minutes of a closed door meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja which started 1:38pm on Thursday, September 7 and ended 2:15 a.m. on Friday, September 8.

According to PT, the leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week. The national president of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.

In his words:

"Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration."
Adamu Adamu, the minister of education, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.

Recall that the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU) and the National Association of Academic Technologists, (NAAT), announced that they would join the ASUU strike on Wednesday, September 6.

The president of SSANU, who is also the chairman of JAC while speaking at a press conference in Abuja explained reasons for the industrial action, saying the nationwide strike would be total and comprehensive.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/09/just-in-ASUU-reaches-agreement-to.html?m=1

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by somehow: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
Does this make sense? Except you are married, why should you pray to be preggy?
notoriousbabe:
They should not call it off yet,I want to get pregnant before going back to the campus
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by safarigirl(f): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
What kind of useless news are the mods pushing to FP?

Title says ASUU agreed to suspend strike. Body says ASUU will consult their NEC and get back to FG by next week.

This is the third news that has a misleading title, but the same recycled trash and some people are here celebrating nothing.

You think schools can reopen if the likes of NASU and SSANU are on strike even if ASUU calls theirs off?

Nigerian students are something else

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by snrjamed: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
der is God o......
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Elin: 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
grin grin grin Olori Buruku ASUU, but y na I was enjoying the break Oh Lol

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Misleading headline.
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by safarigirl(f): 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
chymes0359:

RUBBISH POST..
Did we ever read and comprehend what this post is all about..?
most of those commenting did not read it.

This is the same news recycled in three headlines today. Nigerian students are a disgrace to whatever education they have received.
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by bleskid: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
ASUU why why i wan finish my mama food before i go back to schoolll haba .... To soon at least two mouth ... I will letter to ASUU to seek for two mouth strike embarassed ASUU why why i wan finish my mama food before i go back to schoolll haba .... To soon at least two mouth ... I will letter to ASUU to seek for two mouth strike
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by notoriousbabe: 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
somehow:
Does this make sense? Except you are married, why should you pray to be preggy?
who tolded you that I am not married?
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Elin: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
grin
notoriousbabe:

Yes Mr Man, Who Tolded u dat She's not married? grin
notoriousbabe:

Yes Mr Man, Who Tolded u dat She's not married?
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Wizklynd23(m): 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
notoriousbabe:
They should not call it off yet,I want to get pregnant before going back to the campus
OLOSHO spotted! I swear;

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by legba1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
notoriousbabe:

it shouldnt take that long to catch it na....sure that dude is fertile
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by chymes0359(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
safarigirl:
most of those commenting did not read it.

This is the same news recycled in three headlines today. Nigerian students are a disgrace to whatever education they have received.

The way people rush to comment here, without reading the post always makes me sick!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by notoriousbabe: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
legba1:

it shouldnt take that long to catch it na....sure that dude is fertile
you wan help?
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Abdul3391(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Criis:
Damn! Where are my books? cry
baba hurry look for them oooo
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Wizklynd23(m): 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
safarigirl:

Nigerian students are something else
So now what do you mean?? angry
safarigirl:

Huh
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by ComradeShegs(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
notoriousbabe:

Love ur Dp. cheesy
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by kibra4u(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
castrokiller:
ok confirmeed
http://punchng.com/strike-fg-ASUU-agree-on-some-contentious-issues/

lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3

Its not yet over na. The whole agreement is still subject to debate amongst its members so why say ASSU to suspend strike? Journalist and their misleading captions........ undecided
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by notoriousbabe: 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
ComradeShegs:

Love ur Dp. cheesy
go inside it and pay your homage
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by safarigirl(f): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
chymes0359:

The way people rush to comment here, without reading the post always makes me sick!
honestly. It's disgusting, I get so vexed whenever that happens.

They never read

3 Likes

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by ComradeShegs(m): 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
notoriousbabe:
go inside it and pay your homage

#Modified....No b me and u. I resist u undecided cheesy
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by notoriousbabe: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
ComradeShegs:

#Modified....No b me and u. I resist u undecided cheesy
my pussssy is only for the brave and not for toy pricks like yours
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
There was never any agreement to suspend the strike. If ASUU should suspend the strike just because of payment of earned allowances arrears as against the payment of the 220Bn annual funds for revitalisation of tertiary institutions, then it is obviously they've always been fighting for their selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by chymes0359(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
safarigirl:
honestly. It's disgusting, I get so vexed whenever that happens.

They never read
Am wowed at your little write up dated back june 9 on politics section about about the state of Nigerian youths on the mantle of leadership.. Honestly, i think am the only one feeling disgusted about the plethora sheer stupidity of our youth of today...
If you wouldnt mind..
I would like to have you as a facebook friend here
www.facebook.com/onyedika.umejike
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by ComradeShegs(m): 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
notoriousbabe:
my pussssy is only for the brave and not for toy pricks like yours

And my deek is being wise not to venture in a journey of no return. grin
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by safarigirl(f): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
chymes0359:

Am wowed at your little write up dated back june 9 on politics section about about the state of Nigerian youths on the mantle of leadership.. Honestly, i think am the only one feeling disgusted about the plethora sheer stupidity of our youth of today...
If you wouldnt mind..
I would like to have you as a facebook friend here
www.facebook.com/onyedika.umejike
thanks

I'm not a regular on Facebook, I'd make a terrible Facebook friend

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by ComradeShegs(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
ComradeShegs:

And my “toy prick" is being wise not to venture into a journey of no return full of thorns sad

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by chymes0359(m): 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
safarigirl:
thanks

I'm not a regular on Facebook, I'd make a terrible Facebook friend
hehehe..
No problem then..
Guess you are a regular here..
Am following you..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.