Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG (31488 Views)

SSANU, NASU Suspend Strike After Meeting With Education Minister / No Agreement Yet To Suspend Strike ― ASUU / Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Nigeman: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
Money has changed hands
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Fidelismaria: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
zinachidi:
Now that I've gotten a nice, well paying job bah?, that they'll know they'll call strike off. ASUU better reject FG proposal and ask for all the 1.3 trillion at once. undecided

are you alright sir?

if you don't want to continue with education pls kindly drop out

nice paying job my foot

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Magjoel(m): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
They better call off this strike soon
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Captain6(m): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
safarigirl:
What kind of useless news are the mods pushing to FP?

Title says ASUU agreed to suspend strike. Body says ASUU will consult their NEC and get back to FG by next week.

This is the third news that has a misleading title, but the same recycled trash and some people are here celebrating nothing.

You think schools can reopen if the likes of NASU and SSANU are on strike even if ASUU calls theirs off?

Nigerian students are something else
What is your point exactly?
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Truemann(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
undecidedHow did this become News undecidedHow did this become News
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by shadyberry(f): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
That's good. check my signature for your fresh kilish/ hair wig. tongue
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by exclusivejayce(m): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Noted.
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by PSVITA(m): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
notoriousbabe:
They should not call it off yet,I want to get pregnant before going back to the campus
just read ur comment.

Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by mercygrey177(f): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
Oh thank God
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Phi001(m): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
ASUU president said that the Government had submitted a concrete proposal that could be taken back to their members for consideration...but that's about it.
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by highness25(m): 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
morereb10:
Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it has agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike. The news comes after 12 hours, 30 minutes of a closed door meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja which started 1:38pm on Thursday, September 7 and ended 2:15 a.m. on Friday, September 8.

According to PT, the leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week. The national president of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.

In his words:

"Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration."
Adamu Adamu, the minister of education, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.

Recall that the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU) and the National Association of Academic Technologists, (NAAT), announced that they would join the ASUU strike on Wednesday, September 6.

The president of SSANU, who is also the chairman of JAC while speaking at a press conference in Abuja explained reasons for the industrial action, saying the nationwide strike would be total and comprehensive.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/09/just-in-ASUU-reaches-agreement-to.html?m=1

call this strike off before I give person belle ooh. How my course mate go follow me go house till today she no wan go. My food self don finish
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by JastSiryin(m): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
Criis:
Damn! Where are my books? cry
lol jejely left mine in school o...who get time to dey read for house
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by JastSiryin(m): 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
notoriousbabe:
They should not call it off yet,I want to get pregnant before going back to the campus
Bros I greet you!, because normal babe not fit yan dis kind tin
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by somehow: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ok, its still possible, ask oga to do you twice a day.
notoriousbabe:
who tolded you that I am not married?
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by ghost3040: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
ASUU WENT ON STRIKE (2009,2013,2017)....Hmmm...ASUU now go on strike every 4 years like the world cup...My brother did ur skul qualify for 2017 world cup??
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Pharmumar(m): 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
I doff my hat... someone is thinking
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by raphaeladeyele: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
alright
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by ernesterioo(f): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
bleskid:
ASUU why why i wan finish my mama food before i go back to schoolll haba .... To soon at least two mouth ... I will letter to ASUU to seek for two mouth strike embarassed ASUU why why i wan finish my mama food before i go back to schoolll haba .... To soon at least two mouth ... I will letter to ASUU to seek for two mouth strike
dis ur English is enough to declare another strike,..which university u dey rep self
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Abiodunstephen(m): 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
ASU should go and sit down they have be protesting for same thing since 1993 After three days you we here them going for strike on same matter why dey kukuma wait collect their money and stop wasting our time in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by holuwajobar(m): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Are you seeking for admission?

Then visit www.admissiontipz..com for admission tips you will need for a successful admission process.

A Home For All Admission Seekers
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by bleskid: 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
ernesterioo:
dis ur English is enough to declare another strike,..which university u dey rep self
unibenue and you?
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nigeman:
Money has changed hands
Indeed.
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
highness25:
call this strike off before I give person belle ooh. How my course mate go follow me go house till today she no wan go. My food self don finish
Lol
Re: ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG by highness25(m): 8:21am On Sep 09, 2017
Sabrina18:
Lol
no be small thing I de face for here oo. I don tell her say I de travel on monday so dat she go go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Second Wave: All Schools In Nigeria Closed Till 18 January 2021 / Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / Fortune Okudaye: Lady Rides Okada To Pay School Fees, Shares Her Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.