Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,503 members, 7,850,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? (771 Views)

BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result / Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 2 / President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? by nduchucks: 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
Events of the past 24-48 hours has made it clear to me that the participants in the so-called North/South power sharing agreement plan to honour the agreement by hook or crook.  Even if Yar'Adua is brain dead and on a life support machine, he can be kept alive until 2011, frustrating any effort by Jonathan to rule the country or plan to run for office in 2011.

I suspect that  Jonathan does not have the guts to make the necessary power play he needs to fully wrestle power away from the North - he apparently does not control the millitary and is afraid to replace the ministers with people who will be loyal to him. 

I submit to you that within 1 year, Jonathan can make very significant inroads. He could bring about lasting peace in the ND, and work with the Americans who have promised to help Nigeria's power generation sector to increase capacity to 10,000MW by 2011!  If Jonathan can achieve these 2 things, he will be endeared to Nigerians forever. Jonathan is still young and can always run as a Southern candidate in 2015 - not necessarily with PDP.

My question to forumites is this:

Is it time for Jonathan to announces that he will not run for office in 2011?   I think if he does that, the power grabbers may give him a free hand to rule for the next 12 months or so. 

Jonathan is now like a teenager boy that has just been disvirgined and who will spend the rest of his life chasing skirts (toto).  He has tasted power and his best chance to rule may come in 2015 if he plays his cards right.  Jonathan's hidden ambition to run in 2011 may be ill advised and naive.
Re: Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? by Gbawe: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Is it time for Jonathan to announces that he will not run for office in 2011?   I think if he does that, the power grabbers may give him a free hand to rule for the next 12 months or so. 

What you want Jonathan to do will achieve totally the opposite effect to what you suggest it may . The cabals will not be encouraged to "give him a free hand to rule for the next 12 months or so". Instead they will be more enboldened by an action they will interprete as more cowardly capitulation from a man who has what is their 'birthright' - the power to rule Nigeria and utilise it's wealth as they please !!!! The minute Jonathan announces he will not run in 2011 the demands will begin and the cabal will now insist on ruling by proxy through Jonathan. They will insist on telling him what to do and say. I don't think we need a super stooge , who may be potentially worse than Yar Adua, leading us .

Wether Jonathan wants to admit it or not , we all know that he is in a fight with a pro-Yar Adua cabal who want him out of the way. What Jonathan should do is stand up to them and not concede any more ground . If he cannot do that then he should resign. I am sure David Mark , as a former military officer, will deal with Turai and co decisively.
Re: Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? by becomricch: 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
Jonathan can not achieve  10,000MW  because he as no clue to what to do. I read electrical engineering. And nigeria leaders lack the understanding of the power sector.

And if he should run. his chances are slim, if because the PDP had 11 years to, the north is scare of thier future, as minority, while the yorubas feel cheated.

. I would run for the office of President to bring peace to nigeria. if the issue is not resolve. The issue is we have to remove the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa from Nigeria to give the north majority to have peace and avoid a Darfur. If this is not done. I intend to run for the office of President. And I know how northern leaders think. And by the time I show the northern emir the satellite pictures, and what my plan is. I would win the north and become president. I would resign from the office of president when my mission is finished. And hand over to the vice president. The lifes of 15,000,000 people depend on it. we can not afford to be the next Darfur

You see leadership is about what is best for the people and not about what is best for a person. Nigeria needs this change now to have peace. And if govt is not ready to make the change. I am ready to work with the north to achieve this change to bring peace and avoid a civil war. I intend to run for the office of President, if the Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa is not remove to make the north majority.

watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI

Re: Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? by CyberG: 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Events of the past 24-48 hours has made it clear to me that the participants in the so-called North/South power sharing agreement plan to honour the agreement by hook or crook.  Even if Yar'Adua is brain dead and on a life support machine, he can be kept alive until 2011, frustrating any effort by Jonathan to rule the country or plan to run for office in 2011.

I suspect that  Jonathan does not have the guts to make the necessary power play he needs to fully wrestle power away from the North - he apparently does not control the millitary and is afraid to replace the ministers with people who will be loyal to him. 

I submit to you that within 1 year, Jonathan can make very significant inroads. He could bring about lasting peace in the ND, and work with the Americans who have promised to help Nigeria's power generation sector to increase capacity to 10,000MW by 2011!  If Jonathan can achieve these 2 things, he will be endeared to Nigerians forever. Jonathan is still young and can always run as a Southern candidate in 2015 - not necessarily with PDP.

Jonathan is now like a teenager boy that has just been disvirgined and who will spend the rest of his life chasing skirts (toto).  He has tasted power and his best chance to rule may come in 2015 if he plays his cards right.  Jonathan's hidden ambition to run in 2011 may be ill advised and naive.   

^^^^ Airhead, I come in war and your destruction is at hand! From the other thread you are now running from: How can insane animals pray for a DEAD man? Not even a dead man walking? Pathetically and functionally so dead, the person who knows better won't let your so-called prayers, praying ignormauses and corrupt leaders even come close! Even if you turned to a housefly and tried to visit this Yara'dead man, you will be swatted to death! Hahaha. . .Nigerian silly prayer warriors without sense! Guess what? When the farce you are praying for shows up to be a lie that it really is, you guys will be next in line to be fired to hell!  Grin Grin Grin

I laughy, I laughy!  Grin Grin Grin. Meanwhile, you pathetic losers sit your dirty backside up in Naija and wherever hell-hole you reside and your money is finding it's way to the pockets of the people asking you to pray harder and your brains hasn't told you: Wait a minute, the more I PRAY without using my God-given sense, the more Nigeria's problems gets worse and worse!

You guys are brain-dead indeed!  grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? by nduchucks: 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
CyberG:

^^^^ Airhead, I come in war and your destruction is at hand! From the other thread you are now running from: How can insane animals pray for a DEAD man? Not even a dead man walking? Pathetically and functionally so dead, the person who knows better won't let your so-called prayers, praying ignormauses and corrupt leaders even come close! Even if you turned to a housefly and tried to visit this Yara'dead man, you will be swatted to death! Hahaha. . .Nigerian silly prayer warriors without sense! Guess what? When the farce you are praying for shows up to be a lie that it really is, you guys will be next in line to be fired to hell!  Grin Grin Grin

I laughy, I laughy!  Grin Grin Grin. Meanwhile, you pathetic losers sit your dirty backside up in Naija and wherever hell-hole you reside and your money is finding it's way to the pockets of the people asking you to pray harder and your brains hasn't told you: Wait a minute, the more I PRAY without using my God-given sense, the more Nigeria's problems gets worse and worse!

You guys are brain-dead indeed!  grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

What an intellectual answer to a hypothetical question from a highly intelligent person, albeit a stalker as well!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? by vangogh: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Any announcement short of resignation by Jonathan ain't going to change anything. These ppl already know that Jonathan
will not be running in 2011 -even I know that talk less of those power mongers you alluded to.

He will not be running in 2015 as well, he is a political pawn caught in a political cross-fire.
Ruling Nigeria is very difficult, too many selfish interest groups. 
I have a sad feeling that only ex-military men can rule Nigeria for now or someone who is very familiar with the Nigerian military terrain.
The threat of a coup is always looming.  If power mongers can't rule through a proxy (Yaradua,) they'll use the military.
Nigerians of all tribes must rise up to challenge the cabal holding Nigeria to ransom.
Re: Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
I think its time for Jonathan to announce that the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is missing if he is not granted access to him.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Fg Talks Tough, Vows To Criminalise Torture, Extra-judicial Killings / Obasanjo- You These Children, Do Not Trouble Me, So That God Will Not Trouble U / Underscoring Tanko Yakassai's Patriotism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.