Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati (4058 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Why Buhari Must Not Run - Dr Nelson / Archbishop Okogie To Jonathan - "Do Not Run For Presidency In 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by koruji(m): 3:34am On Jul 29, 2011
Yeah, if you believe that you'll believe anything cool

There is a reason why almost every democracy in the world makes room for up to two terms of 4 years each.

The 4 four years allow the candidate time to show his mettle, while the second 4 years allow him to be retained if worthy.

[size=14pt]Short-play: GEJ & Cohorts Plays Doctors[/size]

Runner (limps into doctors' office): "You know I am a runner, this is my job & life, but one of my legs is seriously cramping up. Everytime I think its okay to run, the cramps come back with a vengeance. My life depends on it doctors, help me."

GEJ & his cohorts : "How many times have you tried running with the cramps returning"

Runner: Two-and-a-half times grin

GEJ & cohorts: "A whole two-and-a-half times!!! There is no hope for that leg. Bring that leg over here, lay it on the table. Let's amputate and get rid of that trouble-some leg for you!!!!"

Runner: "No o o o o o o o o o o o o o o"  shocked shocked shocked, limps away hurriedly, mumbling "I need better doctors - need to get rid of these ones first though"  cool cool cool

It is not the bad leg, it is the bad doctor s-t-upid.

Single Term: I ‘ll not run in 2015 – Jonathan

Presidential Spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati who briefed State House Correspondents disclosed that President Jonathan welcome the national debate, the proposal has generated as healthy for democracy but denied that the issue is capable of crippling the business of governance at the federal level.

Dr Abati reiterated his boss earlier declaration in February this year that he will not run for a second term, and his recent statement on single term for the president and the 36 governors, which he (Jonathan) does not intend to benefit from.

“I believe what it means in very clear term is that the President will not be a beneficiary. In other words, the President will not come in 2015 to benefit if the amendment says so. Because, if he tries to do that, those who are saying it is an attempt at tenure elongation will have been vindicated. And he is fully aware of the concern of Nigerians and he is insisting, he is resolute in upholding that statement that he will not be a beneficiary”, he said.

Asked to be specific if  the President will contest the 2015 presidential election, he said “that has been made clear by Mr President that this proposal is not to pursue any personal interest and he has also made it clear that if the proposed amendment scale through, he will not be a beneficiary.

I don’t see anything that can be more categorical than that. That is quite clear. I think the statement he made in Addis Ababa shortly before elections was that he will not seek a second term in office”.

The media aide however hinged his comment on the controversy on an earlier pronouncement of his boss during a trip to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; saying that “now that the matter has come up I will have to meet him to get an answer for you later”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/single-term-i-ll-not-run-in-2015-jonathan/
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Chyz2: 3:45am On Jul 29, 2011
Jonathan didn't say he won't stay beyond 2015, he said "I will not run for presidency in 2015". In politics, it is always recommended that you pay close attention to words, this is a good case. Of course Jonathan won't run in 2015 if this bill is passed. I give him that much,but, if the bill gives the president 5 or 6 years then of course he won't run in 2015 because there will be no election then,lol. Using a play on words and back doors aren't going to fly for people like me who think sophisticated or strategically. Sorry Goodluck. Checkmate, you lose! grin
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by BABE3: 3:50am On Jul 29, 2011
---and how does your play-let come into play?
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by OAM4J: 3:52am On Jul 29, 2011
I dont think he is lying.  Fact is; he is not an Obasanjo and he is not from the North, even if he wants to return in 2015, it will be difficult or near impossible for him to achieve it. Let's remember how difficult it was for him to emerge as the PDP presidential flag bearer, he literarily begged the PDP Governors by assuring them he will not seek 2nd term and he squandered the excess crude account to please them in other to emerge. He just doesn't have the balls. As someone who had no shoes to wear to school, he should be satisfied with a single term.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by jason123: 3:54am On Jul 29, 2011
OAM4J:

I dont think he is lying.  Fact is; he is not an Obasanjo and he is not from the North, even if he wants to return in 2015, it will be difficult or near impossible for him to achieve it. Let's remember how difficult it was for him to emerge as the PDP presidential flag bearer, he literarily begged the PDP Governors by assuring them he will not seek 2nd term and he squandered the excess crude account to please them in other to emerge. He just doesn't have the balls. As someone who had no shoes to wear to school, he should be satisfied with a single term.

ROMFLMAO!!!
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Chyz2: 4:03am On Jul 29, 2011
OAM4J:

The bolded is exactly the reason for his proposed bill. He knows with the same 1 term of 4 year system, he will not in any way be elected in 2015. This is solely his reason for the elongation of amount of years in 1 term. He gets to stay longer without having to run and risk a certain and definite loss.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by ektbear: 4:07am On Jul 29, 2011
Interesting.

A bit unfortunate that he is talking now about not running. Why not face the job you still have nearly 4 years to do?
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by OAM4J: 4:12am On Jul 29, 2011
Chyz*:

The bolded is exactly the reason for his proposed bill. He knows with the same 1 term of 4 year system, he will not in any way be elected in 2015. This is solely his reason for the elongation of amount of years in 1 term. He gets to stay longer without having to run and risk a certain and definite loss.

Then it is pay day for the legislators, cos they will have to be heavily paid for them not to put the starting period at 2015. And that is bad for Nigeria. Anyways time will tell.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Johndoe100(m): 4:19am On Jul 29, 2011
OAM4J:

Sorry to burst your anti-GEJ bubble. He can come back very easily - (if he fixes the power problem for instance), I do agree with him though that having a new term of 6 years would be better for the country as he could do more in ten years than in 8 with elections in between.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by OAM4J: 4:31am On Jul 29, 2011
Johndoe100:

Sorry to burst your anti-GEJ bubble. He can come back very easily - (if he fixes the power problem for instance), I do agree with him though that having a new term of 6 years would be better for the country as he could do more in ten years than in 8 with elections in between.

lol, glad you know he needs to perform to be close to dreaming it. But the truth is; he will not fix anything before he leaves. . . i will be happy he proves me wrong though
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by koruji(m): 4:34am On Jul 29, 2011
@BABE!
My analogy is mainly about the reason why GEJ is repeating himself about "his" single term i.e. his proposal to do away with the second term of political office in Nigeria.

1. There is a reason why humans have two legs, and there is a reason why most democracies allow up to two terms of 4 years rather a single term of 4 or 6 or 8, etc years.

2. Rather than cure the disease of bad governance, ethno-politics (aka zoning) and rigging-matis that characterize second-term elections in Nigeria (cramping of the one leg) GEJ thinks it is the chance of a second term (the second leg) that needs to be done away with.

3. We have only tried 21/2 transitions in this democratic match, yet GEJ thinks our democracy has no hope with a second term allowed.

4. The patient according to GEJ is supposed to be all better without his second leg (no more cramps), but we are not being told what use is one leg - one thing is for sure he is not going to be running on one leg.

The funny thing is, inspite of his protestations, this seems to be GEJ's way of getting his extra two years to make 8 years of governance. GEJ is another OBJ or worse waiting to happen.

If this is GEJ's definition of transformation - he needs to leave Nigeria untransformed. It seemed like yesterday, when OBJ was promising to better Mandela in how he will transform Nigeria.

BABE!:

---and how does your play-let come into play?
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by dayokanu(m): 5:21am On Jul 29, 2011
Can this Odechukwu retardeen just shut up
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Odunnu: 5:40am On Jul 29, 2011
dk! dk! dk!
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by metodman(m): 5:44am On Jul 29, 2011
This guy is known to be a snake, I will never believe anything that comes out from his odechukwu mouth.

He is a very cunny person by nature and he does that perfectly right!

@Gej, kindly shut up and do what you
promised b4 election, smhh
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Becomrich11: 5:48am On Jul 29, 2011
Become they confirm him from acting to president. he said he will not run for 2011 too. He is playing game with you.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by dayokanu(m): 6:02am On Jul 29, 2011
Odunnu:

dk! dk! dk!

Yes You see the m0r0n you and beaf sold us, He has not spent 3 months already talking about tenure extension, And dont come with the "He wont run story see BCR posts or tell us what happened to the zoning agreement he signed with the PDP

Becomrich}:

Become they confirm him from acting to president. he said he will not run for 2011 too. He is playing game with you.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Rhino5dm: 7:07am On Jul 29, 2011
Are you now ashame to be reading from 'your' GEJ? Were you suffering from memory loss when you & retarrded-BEAF were busy buzzing around with LIES in this section like house flies? If you have any integrity left(which i doubt), you should bury your head in a thick mud or perform User-ID harakiri just the way BEAF did.
Go clean UP yourself!!

Odunnu:

dk! dk! dk!
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Odunnu: 7:40am On Jul 29, 2011
Loooolest loool. . .
I'll rather have a clueless re.tard (by your interpretation) lead me than have a bloodsucking ethnocentric jihadist rule me.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Odunnu: 7:47am On Jul 29, 2011
. . .I forgot to add that myGEJ isnt a perfect man just like you are not. I have times when I disagree with my parents and even though it turns out they are wrong, it doesnt stop me from acknowledging my heritage. They aint perfect either.GEJ is human and not infallible. He is susceptible to mistakes
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by ektbear: 7:52am On Jul 29, 2011
In retrospect, Buhari may have not been much different from a Sanusi. . . just another fulani feudalist.

I don't like GEJ much, but perhaps he was the lesser of two evils.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Gbawe: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2011
Odunnu:

Loooolest loool. . .
I'll rather have a clueless re.tard (by your interpretation) lead me than have a bloodsucking ethnocentric jihadist rule me.

A "bloodsucking ethnocentric jihadist"? Don't you think you are being sensationalist and grossly unfair to Buhari? What has he actually done to warrant this categorization? Nigerians , from all walks of life, who have worked with him testify to his fairness towards everyone. You can concede GEJ is not perfect and that he "makes mistakes" yet Buhari is not accorded that priviledge.

In any case , if you would rather be led by GEJ than by "a bloodsucking ethnocentric jihadist" then what is responsible for you choosing GEJ ahead of RIbadu? Will you accuse Ribadu of being a jihadist also or can you honestly say, even with mistakes made, that Ribadu's short record in public office is not far more indicative of ability than GEJ's long and mediocre history as a career politician? It is instructive that some of us were only able to consider voting for a Southern Christian yet we can contend that it is only Northerners who are ethnocentric and bigoted. It reminds me of how some black folks think it is only white folks that are ever guilty of racial discrimination.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Odunnu: 8:18am On Jul 29, 2011
I was a facebook fan of Ribadu and Utomi. I respect and believe in them but I had to choose just one candidate and I chose GEJ after every other consideration
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by DrummaBoy(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2011
Mr President why dont U get ur priorities right.
Your first exec bill: Tenure Elongation! Haba!!
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 29, 2011
Gej wants to, and can rule nigeria beyond 2015 all he needs do is fix our power problem, reduce the rate of unemployment, stablize the nigerian economy, rebuild our roads, deliver us from the menace of boko haram and other terrorists, if he can do these things within the 1st term, then nigerians themselves will beg him to run again. But that will be too much work for someone who has no purpose and clear vision.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Gbawe: 8:28am On Jul 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

In retrospect, Buhari may have not been much different from a Sanusi. . . just another fulani feudalist.

I don't like GEJ much, but perhaps he was the lesser of two evils.

Given how GEJ is stinking up the joint , you honestly think Buhari would have been worse? Please do some research to understand why the Northern AGIPs and ruinous hands (like your current defence Minister) ,who are now GEJ's close pals, cannot stand Buhari or entertain the thought of him being President. "Game over" for them and development for Nigeria . It is as simple as that. You are not blind and there is no way you or anyone else, if being honest, can deny that GEJ is currently only leading Nigeria in favour of the AGIPs and "owners of Nigeria" .
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Daytonbale: 8:33am On Jul 29, 2011
Kai dis people self na waOoO
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Johndoe100(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2011
@dayakanu
I see you have returned from sucking blood in Bornu.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Akanbiedu(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2011
Gbawe:

Given how GEJ is stinking up the joint , you honestly think Buhari would have been worse? Please do some research to understand why the Northern AGIPs and ruinous hands (like your current defence Minister) ,who are now GEJ's close pals, cannot stand Buhari or entertain the thought of him being President. "Game over" for them and development for Nigeria . It is as simple as that. You are not blind and there is no way you or anyone else, if being honest, can deny that GEJ is currently only leading Nigeria in favour of the AGIPs and "owners of Nigeria" .

Sheer bigotry if you asked me.

But what they don't understand is by the time PDP is returning power to the north, they will be given another corrupt northerner, and their votes will not be able to stop it.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by nastydamus(m): 9:28am On Jul 29, 2011
gist4real:

Gej wants to, and can rule nigeria beyond 2015 all he needs do is fix our power problem, reduce the rate of unemployment, stablize the nigerian economy, rebuild our roads, deliver us from the menace of boko haram and other terrorists, if he can do these things within the 1st term, then nigerians themselves will beg him to run again. But that will be too much work for someone who has no purpose and clear vision.

Don't you think you'll be asking too much of the lame duck? For someone who claims he didn't really promise any point agenda, lol.
Me I have tire with the whole thing, and what, we're just in the third month? smh.
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Rhino5dm: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2011
whatup! My lady?
I was kinda lonely prior to that. Thanks for stopping by. . .

*shoutout*
Am hotta than fire. . .

Odunnu:

. . .I forgot to add that myGEJ isnt a perfect man just like you are not. I have times when I disagree with my parents and even though it turns out they are wrong, it doesnt stop me from acknowledging my heritage. They aint perfect either.GEJ is human and not infallible. He is susceptible to mistakes
Odunnu:

Loooolest loool. . .

Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Odunnu: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2011
My secret admirer, how far with our deal?
Re: President Jonathan Will Not Run In 2015 - Reuben Abati by Rhino5dm: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2011
Just outta rehab courtesy of you. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Part Of Buhari's Legacy Still Standing The Test Of Time (pictures) / The Length Of Your Ring Finger Length Means More Than You Think - See More At / Gov Obiano Ugu Exporter, MOU Governor Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.