Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? (21958 Views)

Factors That Have Affected Business Operations In Nigeria / How Cbn’s Strict Monetary Policies Have Affected The Stock Market / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by roqrules04(m): 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
badoi:
I want to run away from home
I'm working towards it grin grin
I hate being dependent

Having freedom is not easy bro
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by indoorlove(m): 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
A thread by a Nairalander with moniker 'depressionkills' change my life.

6 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by reality17(m): 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
sekxyqueen:
decided not to date till I graduate..hehe cheesy

Owerri girls?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
Xfemt:
things started going positive for me cus I did so many negative stuff and guess what it actually shaped my life.
every body is not the same, u must learn what works and make decision u won't regret, oh yes regret, wen I mean regret it one of d tin that makes u loose focus.
here we go.

I sold my mums car and I used the money and i left for Benin when I was in 300 level in 2013. dis decision really shaped me do u know why I never regretted what I did and it was very wrong of me although I miss use d money and life was unbearable for me but I move on and never tot of going back home to apologies for any tin or trying to regret but I forged on and wanted to prove every body wrong.

- Cultivated a reading culture - I read wht ll motivate me to be a better person and improve my IQ.

I stop going to church, although it good to serve God but I just don't want to. but am a Christian and I blive God is God and he is d reason why I'm alive.

- I stopped chasing girls, yes I stopped for a while so I cud achieve my aim but after den I started chasing oh after all man no b fire wood but girls de pushu me I de pushu dem.
na 50/50

I did menial jobs just to survive, during dis time I cultivated d habit of saving and I saved and started a business which was a laundry service from there I ventured into other business and right now am doing pretty fine although haven't gotten to were I want but am doing 100% better than b4

I'll add more as soon as i remember.

Have you gone back home bro ?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by sakaba(m): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
About time!
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

Wow!
Quite inspiring.

Thanks!!

What decision did you take that affected your life significantly that you like to share to help others against making such mistakes...I think you need a coutner thread like this bro...Nice thread...
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by dingbang(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Assisting people
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by sekxyqueen(f): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
reality17:

Owerri girls?
what happened to it?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by HMZi: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
STARTED EATING W33D instead of smoking it....
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by cutievik: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
kissval1388:
I decided I won't join yahoo boys.. though most of my friends are pressuring me to join dem. they are in to it and are making a lot of money, some got cars and houses but I still stand my ground.. I won't cheat others to make Money... cheating is d sin I see as the greatest among all..
I don't wana be cheated when God bless me.

lord pls bless me to avoid this temptation.. I don't know how long I can withstand but I trust in you..
my broda our stories are similar, I almost joined after one Saturday night like that when one amongst d numerous lot loaded me with to many easy routes to yahoo on top my hunger.... Hmmm na so I think am sleep. That night I dreamt of a scripture Psalms 37 wen I Neva open nor see for ma life before! As I go church that day which was on a Sunday morning na still psalms 37 they use open service for winners chapel called 'call to worship'... I hail ma God as cold catch me.. Never was Gee for me!

4 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Kylekent59: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
Believing in myself

Doing what is right

Staying away from bitches

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
Evaberry:
I decided to learn programming

I decided Not to care about what anyone said

I decided to stop thinking about relationships

I Decided to save more.

I decided to stop putting emphasis on sex and just let it happen when it happens

I decided to watch more anime, travel more, write more and game more.

What language(s) are you learning ?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by reality17(m): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
sekxyqueen:

what happened to it?

They can date a ghost
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Xfemt(m): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

Have you gone back home bro ?
since na
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
I devoted three hours to praying daily for a six months period...The results ''was'' phenomenal...

I stopped taking Liverpool too serious...

2 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
Xfemt:
since na

Nice one bro... Nice one
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by sekxyqueen(f): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
reality17:

They can date a ghost
lol..it doesn't apply to everyone though..
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by balarabe01(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
control my emotions,my finances and my fate and treating everyone the way they deserve to be trxd.

2 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by PrinceKenne(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
My decision on boldness to take unsolicited CV to an international organization and A federal govt parastatal which eventually earned me the jobs. One after the other anyway.

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Xfemt(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

Nice one bro... Nice one
thanks man
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by firebaby(f): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
1.I gave my life to Jesus(this is a decision till date I never regretted making)
2.I care less now what people say about me or about my family.(because I have now learnt those who talk about you have more BAGGAGE than you,they are only pretending,sometimes it takes spiritual eyes to see them,I thank God)
3.Right from time I am not a social media person because I believed that most posts are not real....if you get to know most if these people from their home how they live and all that you will always be grateful.
3.But I love nairaland grin
4.I have made this decision the LIMITATIONS set for my parents won't be mine.... Am moving forward.....thank you Lord....
5.I decided to cut some people off my life to the extents of them not having my phone number....its working ....
6.I changed my environment.... Location... I thank God.......
7.less family drama....
8.And I pray God leads me more ....since I have told him he is the porter I am the clay . ....he is been my supporter.....Psalm27:10
THANK YOU

3 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
Xfemt:
thanks man

You're welcome...I wish my dad left like 20 acres, i would have sold it ryt now... grin
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Jarus(m): 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
1, Moving from science to commercial class in SS1, despite the mockery of my friends who felt I was running away and that commercial class was for dull students. Most were only doing Science just to prove they were superior. I realised early in life I was cut out for story writing.

2, Studying Economics. The course I would have done best in.

3, Choosing OAU. Really helped me in post-school exposure coming from a somehow village background. OAU also helped me in religious understanding. It was also a perfect system that wasn't based on materialism and made me remain who I was without undur influence.

4, Writing ICAN during my service year. Got me my first job. Now I have earned my living as an accountant all my post-NYSC years.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by reality17(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
sekxyqueen:

lol..it doesn't apply to everyone though..

Yea... Are u from Owerri?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
firebaby:
1.I gave my life to Jesus(this is a decision till date I never regretted making)
2.I care less now what people say about me or about my fanily.(because I have now learnt those who talk about you have more BAGGAGE than you,they are only pretene,sometimes it takes spiritual eyes to see them,I thank God)
3.Right from time I am not a social media person because I believed that most posts are not real....if you get to know most if this people from there home how they live and all that you will always be grate full.
3.But I love nairaland grin
4.I have made this decision the LIMITATIONS set for my parents won't be mine.... Am moving forward.....thank you Lord....
5.I decided to cut some people off my life to the extents of them not having my phone number....its working ....
6.I changed my environment.... Location... I thank God.......
7.less family drama....
8.And I pray God leads me more ....since I have told him he is the porter I am the clay . ....he is been my supporter.....Psalm27:10
THANK YOU

Halleluyah

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Xfemt(m): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

You're welcome...I wish my dad left like 20 acres, i would have sold it ryt now... grin
lolz u regretting now bro, one of my commandment is do not regret. do not regret and u ll see ur self flourishing
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
Xfemt:
lolz u regretting now bro, one of my commandment is do not regret. do not regret and u ll see ur self flourishing

I'm not, just sarcasm... my dad left two years after secondary school, that was over a century ago...
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
Xfemt:

I'm not, just sarcasm... my dad left two years after secondary school, that was over a century ago.....
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Xfemt(m): 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

I'm not, just sarcasm... my dad left two years after secondary school, that was over a century ago...
I blive that shaped ur life positively

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
Xfemt:
I blive that shaped ur life positively

Wasn't beans losing dad @ 19. Buried him with the first money i made in life...Wasn't beans...

Stayed away from girls, fun, social activities to put the hustle on...
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
The best decision of my life right now would be to QUIT nairaland.

Discovered nairaland in 2015. There are loads of good topics but this site has really made me hate conscious. I pity those who grew up with and around hate all their lives, being taught to hate and deride other people. Such emptiness. They really dont know the joy of a good life. tongue
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Xfemt(m): 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

Wasn't beans losing dad @ 19. Buried him with the first money i made in life...Wasn't beans...

Stayed away from girls, fun, social activities to put the hustle on...
that wht we all face in life but we difinately gonna make it if we learn and not regret

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland / Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.