Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? (21923 Views)

Factors That Have Affected Business Operations In Nigeria / How Cbn’s Strict Monetary Policies Have Affected The Stock Market / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by adeoba2008(m): 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Starting my blog www.crmnigeria.com
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by chyima(f): 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
babapressy:
Leaving the comfort of my parents house (with no single hope or idea of what the future holds). Left home with just my hanging bag containing my laptop, 1boxer, 1singlet, 2trozers & 2shirts, 1 wrapper, tooth brush, bathing soap and sponge. I left home that faithful morning n my mum dnt call when i dnt return home, at least to knw if am dead, My mum was too angry that she refused to attend my wedding 2yrs later and till date she has not spoken to me. I left home cox 3yrs after NYSC no hope of getting a good job while staying in that house, and the insult was getin too much, the little 15k i get from a small teaching job was going back to the house e.g food stuff, security bill, nepa bill etc i cant even save anything. she said all manner of ill words to me not cox she dnt want me to prosper but she just want me to be with her, any attempt to travel out of lagos for job hunt she will squiz her face, always telling me to be patient, but am not growing any younger so i took that deadly step. At first it was hell cox no were to even sleep, i wunt go into details but today i have a good job, a home, am married and am a consultant etc. God was and is always with me.

Pls you need to communicate with your mother,she will always be no mother will not appreciate the success of her kids.
Pls mend that bridge,thank God you are married now and won't want a replay of your actions towards you.I pray God give you the wisdom on how to resolve this

3 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by hot1sauce(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
Really inspiring stuff here. Infact so much so that I plan to use all these as the basis for the decision I've made to relocate back to the U.K. The same way I made the decision to relocate to 9j based on pretty much all the points that the OP pointed out

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Onedibe1: 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
LalasticSeun:
I stopped giving a fvckk grin

And you strted receiving.
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by vaca1: 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
indoorlove:
I can relate!
Thanks for understanding.
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by pemoney(m): 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
I stop playing 100 odd for a week but now I play 1.3 odd Daly and stake 100k to get 130k .It rely help me alot.. .....D punter in d house will understand me better.

2 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by menxer: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaca1:
My intent of courrse is to reap what i sow. On spiritual background, i'd give myself 70% but right now i'm beginning to doubt if God really exist cos all the sacrifices i've made has been fruitless I must say.

I wouldn't say he does or doesn't, that is part of your spiritual enlightenment.

As for the spiritual background, it is not yours alone that is a factor, your parents, family,... and continent plays a role.
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by wman(m): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

I agree...Infact i will be quitting the forum soon, I will deactivate and won't return, too much negativity, i've been speaking to people about it and i'm not solo on this..

Girls are cheats, sluts, prostitutes, guys are broke, poor, classless, this tribe is this, the other is that, my next best decision will be removing Nairaland and its negativities from my life....

I enjoyed this forum those good old days. I stopped visiting most sections and stopped clicking front page topics. I only visit topics thta I will benefit from. It's even my personal text on my profile. "Stay away from most sections of Nairaland else you'll get retar.ded." I gain a lot from Explorers, the business threads and some other threads. They are the things that keep me on this forum. I also check for headlines. Since I hardly have time to watch TV, I don't listen to radio again and I hardly visit other sites.

2 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by MorningDew2017(f): 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
becoming my own Boss#check my signature#We do private and out door delivery#To place an order SMS or whatsapp 08124028849 #or visit our instagram page @camadorable#or send your order via inbox#we have open space for all kinds of out door events.

2 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by kissval1388: 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
cutievik:
my broda our stories are similar, I almost joined after one Saturday night like that when one amongst d numerous lot loaded me with to many easy routes to yahoo on top my hunger.... Hmmm na so I think am sleep. That night I dreamt of a scripture Psalms 37 wen I Neva open nor see for ma life before! As I go church that day which was on a Sunday morning na still psalms 37 they use open service for winners chapel called 'call to worship'... I hail ma God as cold catch me.. Never was Gee for me!

wowwww he is most highhhhh
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by vaca1: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
menxer:

I wouldn't say he does or doesn't, that is part of your spiritual enlightenment.

As for the spiritual background, it is not yours alone that is a factor, your parents, family,... and continent plays a role.

enlighten me more cos if it spiritual cleansing, we've done that uncountable times. And besides I don't like the idea of being told that one ancestors is blocking steps to my elevation. mind you, i so much believe in God
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by menxer: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaca1:
enlighten me more cos if it spiritual cleansing, we've done that uncountable times. And besides I don't like the idea of being told that one ancestors is blocking steps to my elevation. mind you, i so much believe in God

@bolded, Then what was the cleansing for?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by MRAKBEE(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
1.staying put in the north after youth service although it wasn't rosy at first but its blissful now.
2.not minding what people say about me and being happy all the time regardless of place or situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

Okay, in 2007 i opted to work for free in a cybercafe as the manager of the cafe....

I CASHED IN 20K DAILY AND NEVER TOOK A DIME BEHIND MY BOSS THEN WHO WAS JUST 3-5YEARS OLDER, WHEN I WAS ABOUT QUITTING, HE WAS PLEADING AND ASKING ME TO STAY....EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY THEN, CASHING IN 500K MONTHLY FROM ONE RUGGED SHOP LIKE THAT FOR HIM THEN.....LOL...

I worked both day and night and didn't request for payment or tips. I didn't have food to eat because i left my home to a new city. After sometime,people noticed my devotion offered me tips which i used for feeding.Guess what, over the next eight months, i read over 30,000 articles,blog,research projects and used the knowledge i gained later in setting up my online adventures...I can't share my successes publicly but, i developed the ability to study( a trait i lost after i finished high school as an adult) and from the knowledge i gained during this period, i broke out and became a more thoroughbred I.C.T professional ...I'm using all those skills till today...

I started a business over 40 people who saw me in training at the cafe then discouraged me and told me i would fail....after just two years of persistence, massive fruits were reaped...sad enuff, friends ...

I'll stop here...

pls would mind sharing some of the online biz u did?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
OrdercityWeb:
Hey guys,
A few days ago i was reading a thread on Quora on this particular question and i thought to myself what decisions have i actually taken that i can say helped me to this point.
Well so here are some i could think of, kindly share yours in the comments. This would help others learn from you incase they want similar result as you have. Let's do it this way; write the decision and in brackets write how it has affected your life positively
This could also inspire somebody to do something positive with his or her life.
So here goes:
- I deactivated FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM, i basically limited my involvement on social media. (This has helped me to do more productive things with my time, i started visiting more informative sections on NAIRALAND and frequent Quora)

-Cultivated a reading culture( Thanks to my last point i have more time available to myself, so i devote myself to reading novels, researching. This has drastically improved my vocab and knowledge base. There is something reading does to the mind)

-Improved my cooking skills ( Rather than use my data for social media, i downloaded apps and researched how to cook different local meals)

-I stopped chasing girls grin (This should be one of the best decisions I've taken, young guys I'll advice you to do same. This girls you're chasing when you leave them and CHASE YOUR DREAMS they'll be the ones to chase you)

-Took online courses (There is a saying that "the valley between you and your success is ignorance" )

-Developed a habit of self-development (I read anything that can improve me)

-Started online businesses (Thanks to my self-development habit, i run various online businesses, without being taught by anyone. I earn 6-digits income)

- I decided not to be limited by setbacks (so i have had a few setback. Everyone does lol. Life isn't fair right? Anyway when i look at where i was a year ago and where i am now i can say there's been alot of progress)

I'll add more as soon as i remember. cool

Share yours in the comments let others learn from you. cheesy

wat are those online biz u did pls?
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Igboeze90: 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
Best thread ever! Quora means a lot to me and it has really changed my life. Nothing even comes close.

My decision(s)?

Quitting Facebook and WhatsApp

Ever since I deactivated and uninstalled these two time wasters my life has been pruned of all anxiety and distractions. I can wake up, meditate, exercise and get on to do my task for the day. No sidetracking. Also, it has made me to grow at my own pace. No endless comparison. Life is best lived one day at a time. One task at a time. One activity at a time. Multitasking is a bitch.

Leaving my comfort zone

Two months ago, I left Aba for Lagos. I grew up on the fourth floor(an expansive three-bedroom flat)of my father's four storey building. There I had lacked nothing. All my sisters are married, and my mom lives with one of my sisters as permanent resident in the US. I use to teach in an elite school where I earned a decent salary. But I left all of that. And ran onwards to Lagos where I now sleep on the floor of a self-contained belonging to the friend of a friend. I'm looking for a job. My family is furious, but I have made a pledge to myself. I have made a conscious decision to never look back. My bridges I have set on fire; there is no going back.

[Practicing Poverty

I read on Quora of a magic principle to condition your mind to survive the most adverse conditions. How? By living on $1(#365 at today's exchange rate) daily. I have been doing this for the past 10 days. Not only has it let me save so much, it has also conditioned my mind for the worst.

In summary, I have been radicalized by Quora, but this radicalization has helped me come to terms with the kind of man I will like to be:

A man who succeeds or is self-made in spite of, not because of, his father's little wealth.

I live for Quora!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by HAkorehdeh(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Stayed back after my second semester exam in my third year. It's a very long story.
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by menxer: 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
chyima:

Pls you need to communicate with your mother,she will always be no mother will not appreciate the success of her kids.
Pls mend that bridge,thank God you are married now and won't want a replay of your actions towards you.I pray God give you the wisdom on how to resolve this
That's not true, I have heard 101 accounts of it and a recent occurrence I know of has proven that to be a fallacy,

3 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by vaca1: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
menxer:

@bolded, Then what was the cleansing for?
spiritual cleansing I meant here is inviting Men of God to hold family prayers to keep the family from harm. smiley but I find archaic cos I can pray for myself. I don't want my life to be centered around religion cos religion has done more harm than good. case study is nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by JamesReacher(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
HAkorehdeh:
Stayed back after my second semester exam in my third year. It's a very long story.
I have listening ears ma bruh
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
wman:

I enjoyed this forum those good old days. I stopped visiting most sections and stopped clicking front page topics. I only visit topics thta I will benefit from. It's even my personal text on my profile. "Stay away from most sections of Nairaland else you'll get retar.ded." I gain a lot from Explorers, the business threads and some other threads. They are the things that keep me on this forum. I also check for headlines. Since I hardly have time to watch TV, I don't listen to radio again and I hardly visit other sites.

The same
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Eaa247:

wat are those online biz u did pls?

This is a tough question, I will need up to 45minutes to type how i moved from one level to the next, it's a tough question to answer. But i can say it begins with learning and then discovery through learning and then moving to higher levels...The three steps are crucial :

1. Reading/Learning

2. Self Discovery

3. Moving up to higher levels

Practise these, and you'll be moving from one point to the next... I.e first the foundation, the momentum, then consistency, then stability, and then growth ensues naturally as an aftermath of all these processes...
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

This is a tough question, I will need up to 45minutes to type how i moved from one level to the next, it's a tough question to answer. But i can say it begins with learning and then discovery through learning and then moving to higher levels...The three steps are crucial :

1. Reading/Learning

2. Self Discovery

3. Moving up to higher levels

Practise these, and you'll be moving from one point to the next... I.e first the foundation, the momentum, then consistency, then stability, and then growth ensues naturally as an aftermath of all these processes...

nice one!
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Eaa247:

nice one!

Allow me recommend you a book that elucidates the subject matter explicitly. Read Reposition Yourself by Bishop T.D Jakes... It should be around 450-600Naira Max...Read this book, it will answer all the questions you what about achieving your dreams no matter where you find yourself in life..
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by akeensbussy(m): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
The biggest decision of life was when I resigned from my job of 30k monthly in 2014. Register my business, rented a small space office for 12k yearly and started my own business.

After u got sacked from my on the first week of January, 2014. When we just resumed for the new year break. I took up another job immediately but the pay was just 30k and my previous job was 70k. Just gave birth to my first daughter when I lost that job. I had to take the one 30k immediately.

That singular decision change my life for better..within the space of 3 years, my life change for good. Bought series of property, build my house (3bed all en-suit), bought land for wife, did the foundation. etc. All these happened btw the space of 3years.

9 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by ILAB(f): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Accepting CHRIST as my Lord and Saviour

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
Interesting thread.
I took a great decision last 3years or so, at the moment its been hell I must say.

I was about 19 years then, disobeyed my Guardian/supportter who trained me through secondary school, my mumsy and most of my friends for not going to Lagos *to do boyi*.

I chose to further my education not for employment tho, to gain more exposure.

Wrote first jamb and felt like flying cool, post ume f*cked me up.
I did again the following year and was offered admission, after paying school fees and other things like Dat, I found out that about 200,000+ which I saved through *serving Manson and casting concrete* is just chicken change.
I developed waist pain so I stop doing that kind of job.

Now I'm in year 2 but ASUU strike Dae useless to me because I don't have strong waist to do heavy work anymore. Searched and got things to do on my head but no money,,, still trying my best anyway atleast I eats 2square meal.

Like I said earlier, this decision of mine will be forever remembered, whether it's good or bad is yet to be seen.

9 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by banmee(m): 11:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
Jaqenhghar:
I shudder to imagine what might have becone of you jad you stayed

Truth be told, I wasn't doing that badly but one thing continued to bother me. As unstable as Nigeria is, someone can just decide to end me for no freaking reason. That shoot haunted me for years.
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by chichichilolo1(f): 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
obamd:
Studying medicine.
im Curious to know how this your decision affected you positively.please can you tell me
Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
banmee:

Truth be told, I wasn't doing that badly but one thing continued to bother me. As unstable as Nigeria is, someone can just decide to end me for no freaking reason. That shoot haunted me for years.

Glad you exited...My best buddies tried exiting me, nollywood style...

Thank God for who He is..... Still in some pains sha... sad

1 Like

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by chichichilolo1(f): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
kissval1388:
I decided I won't join yahoo boys.. though most of my friends are pressuring me to join dem. they are in to it and are making a lot of money, some got cars and houses but I still stand my ground.. I won't cheat others to make Money... cheating is d sin I see as the greatest among all..
I don't wana be cheated when God bless me.

lord pls bless me to avoid this temptation.. I don't know how long I can withstand but I trust in you..
Good decision and Jehovah God will surely reward you. Do not lose hope

4 Likes

Re: What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
supersystemsng:

Allow me recommend you a book that elucidates the subject matter explicitly. Read Reposition Yourself by Bishop T.D Jakes... It should be around 450-600Naira Max...Read this book, it will answer all the questions you what about achieving your dreams no matter where you find yourself in life..

many tanks! I will definitely get the book.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naij.com's Editor Yinka Adeparusi Missing / How To Remove Chinese Virus Manually / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.