Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U (2623 Views)

In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by fumisko(f): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
So really....if you sincerely knew all you know about yourself, would you marry you (your exact replica)??

Sincerely, I have pondered on it over and over again without having gotten the answer to it myself.

Would you marry you if you knew you d way you knew you (I mean your very exact replica)? Have you ever really sat and thought about what you are asking someone else to do?

Character wise

Are you someone who is short of patience?

How quick to anger are you?

How caring/ considerate are you as a person ?

How Temperamental can you sometimes be?

If you had a choice, would you agree to be with you ??

Have you ever thought about what you are asking someone else to step in and do??

Personality and habit wise

How does your breath smell in the morning?
Can you even bear the very smell of your own breath?

How about your shoes and toe smell after you walk for a while and after your day at work?
http://diaryofalovergirl..com.ng/2017/09/if-you-knew-all-you-know-about-yourself.html?m=1
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Tapout(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yes!
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nbote(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
I'll definitely marry d female version of me.. I cannot com and go and marry a replica myself wen I'm not a homo. I'm d kinda of me I can do with
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
YES! YES! YES!
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
I will cheesy
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by AngelicDamsel(f): 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
I will answer the question after I see the op's answer.

Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Iamlamide(f): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
No! Am a full package can't handle two me. One is enough headache
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by fumisko(f): 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
I wouldn't marry someone like me or what do you think....my poo and the smell of my fart isn't really nice.
Am not always understanding and forgiving
There is so much you know
Are you truly looking deeply into yourself...it's easy to say YES superficially
Deep down can u marry the opposite gender that is exactly like you in character etc
Consider the bad about you too and how annoying it can be

1 Like

Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by LordIsaac(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
I'm super sensitive besides other flaws. An opposite would do. cheesy
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Ezionye(f): 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nopes

I am just too serious. Maybe a little " unseriousness" will help cheesy
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yes I will, am the best of my kind.
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
someone who know me, therefore understands me perfectly and think/reason like me..... would be the best ever mate.
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Atlantia(f): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
No way, it would be too weird....and when we both get angry, we'll end up killing each other.
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by sisisioge: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
I will. If I could get someone who has the same disposition I have towards life, I don hammer be that grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by fumisko(f): 7:21am On Sep 09, 2017
Ezionye:
Nopes

I am just too serious. Maybe a little " unseriousness" will help cheesy
Lol...very funny
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by fumisko(f): 7:22am On Sep 09, 2017
Atlantia:
No way, it would be too weird....and when we both get angry, we'll end up killing each other.
Shows that when you get angry you could be probably wild
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Atlantia(f): 7:37am On Sep 09, 2017
fumisko:

Shows that when you get angry you could be probably wild

Yeah, I guess you could say I get wild when I'm really angry.
But apart from that, I'd like someone who's personality is completely different from mine because it would keep things on an even keel.
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by DarkRebel69: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2017
No, I wouldn't. Why? (1.) I'm not auto-erotic, ego-centric Narcissus who fell in love with his own image (2.) Where's the room for variety?
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2017
DarkRebel69:
No, I wouldn't. Why? (1.) I'm not auto-erotic, ego-centric Narcissus who fell in love with his own image (2.) Where's the room for variety?

Poor you. grin
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by DarkRebel69: 10:21am On Sep 09, 2017
Mindfulness:

Poor you. grin

It is in keeping posterity in mind that I wouldn't marry my doppel-ganger if such a ridiculous option were to present itself. I'm quite conscientious and methodical in those kind of matters.
For instance, as it stands now I can only speak English, Yoruba, Creole, and a smattering of some Romance and Germanic languages. Well, my grasp of classical Latin is about 70% (both reading and speaking knowledge), while of Italian it's girthed around 50% (reading knowledge only) – of course I improve on them whenever I get the chance, but as it stands I think and write predominantly in English. So, if I were to marry an exact replica of myself that would mean my progenies–especially if they aren't language enthusiasts–would likely only be bi-lingual i.e. speak Yoruba and English. (Of course I could always hire a multi-linguist for a maid, but it'd be more natural and intimate if the kids learnt from their mother.)

But say I'm married to someone slightly of a different constitution, supposing too that the person were to be a virtuoso polyglot, someone who can moan in Spanish and Mandarin when we're fücking, then that's already an added benefit for my kids.

Besides, my replica would be an out-and-out weirdo. I already have my weirdness to contend with. Why add another weird planet to my Weirdiverse?

1 Like

Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 09, 2017
DarkRebel69:

It is in keeping posterity in mind that I wouldn't marry my doppel-ganger if such a ridiculous option were to present itself. I'm quite conscientious and methodical in those kind of matters.
For instance, as it stands now I can only speak English, Yoruba, Creole, and a smattering of some Romance and Germanic languages. Well, my grasp of classical Latin is about 70% (both reading and speaking knowledge), while of Italian it's girthed around 50% (reading knowledge only) – of course I improve on them whenever I get the chance, but as it stands I think and write predominantly in English. So, if I were to marry an exact replica of myself that would mean my progenies–especially if they aren't language enthusiasts–would likely only be bi-lingual i.e. speak Yoruba and English. (Of course I could always hire a multi-linguist for a maid, but it'd be more natural and intimate if the kids learnt from their mother.)

But say I'm married to someone slightly of a different constitution, supposing too that the person were to be a virtuoso polyglot, someone who can moan in Spanish and Mandarin when we're fücking, then that's already an added benefit for my kids.

Besides, my replica would be an out-and-out weirdo. I already have my weirdness to contend with. Why add another weird planet to my Weirdiverse?

Whatever qualities the other person may have, I can never love anyone more than I love myself. And whatever qualities the other person may have, they will also have their shortcomings. My male replica would not have the latter just as i do not. grin cool
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Daeylar(f): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You really are something else grin I like it.

As to the question, someone with the same values as me, yes,
Someone exactly like me, no.
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by DarkRebel69: 10:53am On Sep 09, 2017
Daeylar:

You really are something else grin I like it.

As to the question, someone with the same values as me, yes,
Someone exactly like me, no.

I agree on the point of marrying someone whose values are the same as yours. But then, two individuals usually only have values that are similar in some respects, and that do not necessarily share sameness in all facets. Values change with time too, so I'm not so keen on values as I am on "interests". If our interests interlock like the two equilateral triangles of a hexagram, then I wouldn't mind if our values as regarding some subjects were at loggerheads – say for example that I am pro-life while she is pro-abortion, that I would be willing to over-look.

How are you today?
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by nursennenny(f): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2017
I would do that over and over again .
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Daeylar(f): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
DarkRebel69:

I agree on the point of marrying someone whose values are the same as yours. But then, two individuals usually only have values that are similar in some respects, and that do not necessarily share sameness in all facets. Values change with time too, so I'm not so keen on values as I am on "interests". If our interests interlock like the two equilateral triangles in a hexagram, then I wouldn't mind if our values as regarding some subjects were at loggerheads – say for example that I am pro-life while she is pro-abortion, that I would be willing to over-look.

How are you today?

Values change with time? I was surprised to see that,
Just researched that. I see where you are coming from. I think it depends on what the values are. E.g respect
As for your pro life example, I don't think I would mind either as long as the person is able to look at each case critically and determine what would be best,

Regarding interests, I agree with you on that,
However we don't have to have exactly the same type of interests, we can differ on one or two things,

I'm wonderful. How are you doing?
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
Yaaaaasssss!!!!!

.......in all of my quirks, faults and all.....

A gazillion bytes infinitely affirmative.

I am not looking for my clone

But......

If i find a man that remotely and genuinely have my endearing and wonderfully innate qualities, I will propose to him myself and marry him within a month- a week even.

Maybe thats why i have turned down so many suitors and find myself still single @ 30--*coughs*

embarassed sad

Anyway, loving my singlehood. Me and pappi Jehovah kiss
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Ladyjumong(f): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2017
well sincerely no, buh i would love some certain things to be the same grin
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
well sincerely no, buh i would love some certain things to be the same grin
for example??
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Ladyjumong(f): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2017
Piiko:
for example??
chisos, stop trailin me laa cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
chisos, stop trailin me laa cheesy cheesy
undecided undecided you wish
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Ladyjumong(f): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
Piiko:
undecided undecided you wish
haba, are u taking it serious shocked
Re: If You Knew All You Knew About Yourself, Would U Marry Someone Exactly Like U by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ladyjumong:
haba, are u taking it serious shocked
yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? / Should Husband Not Often Call His Father In Law And Mother In Law For Greetings / In Need Of A Virgin Girl To Marry (please Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.