Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! (1765 Views)

Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / Adamawa Ex-deputy Governor Asks Court To Declare Him Gov / Buhari Urges Tribunal To Declare Him President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
It will be a good idea to institute a court case asking the court to compel stakeholders to either produce the President or declare him missing.

Defendants will be Turai Yar'adua and the rest of Yar'adua family, Federal Government of Nigeria, National Assembly, The Nigerian police.

Oya oh!!! Save Nigeria group over to you.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Moves: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Mikeansy,
There's is no need for any group to do anything or any court matter, All we need is our Acting president to assert himself, SNG have done their bits, elder statement have done their bit, so has the NASS, It is now time for Jonathan to act, How can they deny Jonathan access to someone in Nigeria, where he is the Acting President
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2010
Moves:

@ Mikeansy,
There's is no need for any group to do anything or any court matter, All we need is our Acting president to assert himself, SNG have done their bits, elder statement have done their bit, so has the NASS, It is now time for Jonathan to act, How can they deny Jonathan access to someone in Nigeria, where he is the Acting President

My brother you are right

The thing don tire me. yar'adua is in Nigerian soil. all this blablabla Turai this, blablabla Tanimu that . . . . .does not mean anything. If Jonathan acts this people will shut up. They have no real power . . . . I don't know the origin of their confidence honestly.
I am not really sure of what Jonathan is scared of at this point.

The idea that Yar'adua's CSO told him not to seat somewhere yesterday was the most ridiculous.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by SapeleGuy: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
The issue is now about the president's ability to rule. Arrival by air ambulance and onward transportation by road ambulance do not bode well.

The pressure needs to be firmly on NASS to do what is right.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Moves: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Mikeansy ,

Same Here, Tired of all Turai this Cabal that, they have power to any extent that Jonathan allows, I for one am not ready to fight for someone who doesnt have the will to fight in Him; The US & EU are behind you; NASS are behind you by refusing to acknowledge the return of yardua, Obj who installed Yardua is behind, the whole nigeria bar few people fought for you to get to that position and you are still acting stupid, cancelling FEC to visit a housewife, tufiakwa, If he was my son or brother I would have asked him to change his surname as he is bringing shame to the family,
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
SapeleGuy:

The issue is now about the president's ability to rule. Arrival by air ambulance and onward transportation by road ambulance do not bode well.

The pressure needs to be firmly on NASS to do what is right.

The NASS can not compel the FEC to implement section 144. The process of implementing section 144 begins from FEC not NASS. Jonathan should be able to lead the executive to inform Nigerians whether Yar'adua is dead or not.

There needs to be leadership from Jonathan.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
Moves:

@ Mikeansy ,

Same Here, Tired of all Turai this Cabal that, they have power to any extent that Jonathan allows, I for one am not ready to fight for someone who doesnt have the will to fight in Him; The US & EU are behind you; NASS are behind you by refusing to acknowledge the return of yardua, Obj who installed Yardua is behind, the whole nigeria bar few people fought for you to get to that position and you are still acting silly, cancelling FEC to visit a housewife, tufiakwa, If he was my son or brother I would have asked him to change his surname as he is bringing shame to the family,

I think it is getting to the point when we should demand leadership from him or he should quit.

Who is Turai? who is Tanimu Yakubu? Atiku Abubakar survived the bullyish OBJ even when OBJ is full strength. Who is Yar'adua when he was full alive let alone now that he is incapacitated.

I bow oh!!!!!!! Just like Aondoakaa run go Brazil go hide, na so Sarki Mukhtar, Tanimu and Ibori go run if Jonathan exerts his authority.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

I think it is getting to the point when we should demand leadership from him or he should quit.

Who is Turai? who is Tanimu Yakubu? Atiku Abubakar survived the bullyish OBJ even when OBJ is full strength. Who is Yar'adua when he was full alive let alone now that he is incapacitated.

I bow oh!!!!!!! Just like Aondoakaa run go Brazil go hide, na so Sarki Mukhtar, Tanimu and Ibori go run if Jonathan exerts his authority.

Why would you wanna do that, We already have an Acting President and that means the president could chill
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Why would you wanna do that, We already have an Acting President and that means the president could chill

An acting President who did not know when 2 batallion of soldiers were deployed in the State capital yesterday is surely not in-charge. We want to have a President in-charge.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

An acting President who did not know when 2 batallion of soldiers were deployed in the State capital yesterday is surely not in-charge. We want to have a President in-charge.

I will blame Jonathan for that one.
As soon as he was made the Acting president, he has the opportunity to get rid of all that would betray him and put his own people there, but he never did.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Moves: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

Exactly, Why must leadership always fall to the worse of us, the 1st chance of the high office for someone from the ND and he is already a disgrace, I sincerely feel he needs to do something today tomorow, 1st fire Segun Adeniyi, Fire Taminu & Andonkaa , the rest will sit up, nothing will happen,
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by otawa: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
Guys, stop getting excited.

There can only be one President physically in Nigeria at any time!

Yaradua is that President. Goodluck is only VP.

NA should have impeached Yaradua instead of making Goodluck to be acting-President.

NA and Governors played 419 to mumu Goodluck. They have collected their share of $2billion windfall and where are they now?

This is high-powered politics. Goodluck has played it well, till he accepted the NA joker, which is illegal.

Nobody can declare you MISSING except your next of KIN. And that's Turai for Yaradua.

It is either She is master politician or she has tactians working for her.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Shoot2Kill: 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
Jonathan is a coward,we don't need someone like that running Nigeria.If he does not act the cabals will kick him out.He is just a chicken who is scared to die.If he is truly a decent Nigerian ,he will stand up for his right.He is the acting president and he meets with the heads of the armed forces so how come he can't control them

Nigerians it is time we hire snipers o!
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
otawa:

Guys, stop getting excited.

There can only be one President physically in Nigeria at any time!

Yaradua is that President. Goodluck is only VP.

NA should have impeached Yaradua instead of making Goodluck to be acting-President.

NA and Governors played 419 to mumu Goodluck. They have collected their share of $2billion windfall and where are they now?

This is high-powered politics. Goodluck has played it well, till he accepted the NA joker, which is illegal.

Nobody can declare you MISSING except your next of KIN. And that's Turai for Yaradua.

It is either She is master politician or she has tactians working for her.

Otawa do you have any videos of Yar'adua from the last 2 months? Where is Yar'adua? can you produce him?

Right now we just have one Acting President, acting for an un-existent substantive President. This is illegality and a constitutional crisis in itself.

Jonathan himself may be breaking the law by acting for a President that is either dead or incapacitated. Because for everyday he addresses himself as acting President for an un-existent President he is simply misleading Nigerians.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2010
Moves:

Exactly, Why must leadership always fall to the worse of us, the 1st chance of the high office for someone from the ND and he is already a disgrace, I sincerely feel he needs to do something today tomorow, 1st fire Segun Adeniyi, Fire Taminu & Andonkaa , the rest will sit up, nothing will happen,

It is already too late for him to do all that.
The president is back in town, although, Jonathan is still the Acting President, but now, he will watch his back and be careful of what he does.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is already too late for him to do all that.
The president is back in town, although, Jonathan is still the Acting President, but now, he will watch his back and be careful of what he does.

Which President is back in town? Have you seen him?
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

Otawa do you have any videos of Yar'adua from the last 2 months? Where is Yar'adua? can you produce him?

Right now we just have one Acting President, acting for an un-existent substantive President. This is illegality and a constitutional crisis in itself.

Jonathan himself may be breaking the law by acting for a President that is either dead or incapacitated. Because for everyday he addresses himself as acting President for an un-existent President he is simply misleading Nigerians.

The president dont have to exist for an acting president to be.
He is an acting cos there was a vacuum created by the president being away, and that produced him as an acting president
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

Which President is back in town? Have you seen him?

I am yet to see him, however, even Jonathan release a statement that he will be meeting with Turai on that notion and has Jonathan said anything?
How come all of a sudden the FEC meeting was cancelled?
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Gbawe: 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

This is what I am talking about !!!! Instead of leadership all we get  is one cowardly fu*ck up after another from Jonathan !!!! I was one of those who protested with the SNG in London for power to be transfered to Jonathan but I won't do it again because it is clear that Jonathan cannot even do what is minimally expected of him i.e dismiss , without delay, the very obvious culprits who had shamelessly held Nigeria hostage , for more than two months, to the extent of international derision !!! Instead Jonathan is sending some of these enemies of progress on a fact finding mission to SA !!!! I am now totally beyond placing even an iorta of hope in Jonathan's ability. The best thing would be for David Mark to combine his senate Presidency with the Military stealth he possess to ensure Yar Adua is impeached ASAP . waraheck is this prolonged nonsense !!!!!!!!! The entire world must think we are clowns in Nigeria with how so many individuals and institutions are being held hostage by a few selfish men and women !!!!
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

The president dont have to exist for an acting president to be.
He is an acting cos there was a vacuum created by the president being away, and that produced him as an acting president

Nope section 145 calls for an Acting President when the President is on a temporary medical leave or for whatever reason is on leave.

However if the President is incapacitated or dead, you must swear in his vice as substantive head.

Section 145 is no substitute for section 144 otherwise both would not have existed in the constitution. The resolution to make Jonathan acting President was on the understanding that Yar'adua was temporarily absent but could not write a letter. But after 3 months and counting it is time to assess how temporary Yar'adua's illness is and whether somepeople are using the President's lifeless body as a bargaining chip to hold on to power.

This is a very serious issue that must be resolved and not just ovelooked.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Moves: 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Fhemmmy, It is not too late, he is still the acting president, not a vice president as insinuated by segun adeniyi, read comments from some NASS members regarding this in todays guardian, There is no need for him to watch his back, he is already wealthy , worst case scenario send his wife and children out of the country and proceed with his action, nothing will happen, Let him Quit being a coward,
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Damix007(m): 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2010
Where is Yaradua? Anybody who has sighted him since his return to post a picture. Am surprised dat he had to sneak into the country like a thief.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by udezue(m): 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
I feel like he is acting cowardly but honestly if he even does what we want him to do and the North will the South and even Middlebelt come for his aid? I doubt it. People will remember they are Yoruba, Itsekiri, Ijaw etc etc so I no blame am for threading too soft. Toothless visionless southerners are the issue.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
udezue:

I feel like he is acting cowardly but honestly if he even does what we want him to do and the North will the South and even Middlebelt come for his aid? I doubt it. People will remember they are Yoruba, Itsekiri, Ijaw etc etc so I no blame am for threading too soft. Toothless visionless southerners are the issue.

My brother Nigeria no dey like that again. Jonathan's fear is based on nothing.
So long as he still stands on the side of truth and own's the moral argument he will win this battle. Even if he is an Ogoni man (i.e. a tribe not as large as Ijaw). He will still win this battle so long as he is on the path of truth.

The Nigerian Army is not like the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Gone are the days when the Army was an extension of the Sokoto caliphate.

I have not seen what Jonathan is scared of. Trust me Turai can't do him jack. Except may be he has some dirty deals they may have blackmailed him with. but if its the North-South dichotomy. Forget it.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Moves: 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2010
udezue:

What Exactly will Happen for Him to require People Coming to his Aid.
Yardua returning hale and hearty and firing him, well thats just 14months left in these tenure anyway , and there is no way yardua will win a 2nd term
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

Nope section 145 calls for an Acting President when the President is on a temporary medical leave or for whatever reason is on leave.

However if the President is incapacitated or dead, you must swear in his vice as substantive head.

Section 145 is no substitute for section 144 otherwise both would not have existed in the constitution. The resolution to make Jonathan acting President was on the understanding that Yar'adua was temporarily absent but could not write a letter. But after 3 months and counting it is time to assess how temporary Yar'adua's illness is and whether somepeople are using the President's lifeless body as a bargaining chip to hold on to power.

This is a very serious issue that must be resolved and not just ovelooked.

And the Acting president or the H of rep are yet to ask for documents to show that the president is capable or not.
So till then, Jonathan will be Acting.
So sad, cos i think that is a bad loopholes in our judicial system.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

And the Acting president or the H of rep are yet to ask for documents to show that the president is capable or not.
So till then, Jonathan will be Acting.
So sad, cos i think that is a bad loopholes in our judicial system.

House of Reps does not need to ask for any documents on Yar'adua's health.

The FEC chaired by Jonathan himself should innitiate the process. Which is why the need to determine Yar'adua's health lands on his table.

There are not a lot of loopholes in our Judicial process or constitution. Most of these loopholes are invented.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

House of Reps does not need to ask for any documents on Yar'adua's health.

The FEC chaired by Jonathan himself should innitiate the process. Which is why the need to determine Yar'adua's health lands on his table.

There are not a lot of loopholes in our Judicial process or constitution. Most of these loopholes are invented.

Who appointed all the FEC?
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by presido1: 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
Even a woman can do better( No disrespect to woman folk). He should have changed the face of FEC members within 48hrs of taking the acting job but he was playing the good boy. If he don't take time this situation will eat his head.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Who appointed all the FEC?

It does not matter who appointed them. If presented with the evidence of Yar'adua's health any minister who refuses to do the right thing will have some explaining to do.

It does not matter who appointed the FEC. The FEC are hired by the Nigerian people and so is the President. That the President appointed them don't mean much. No minister can look the acting President in the face an say he wants to break the law because Yar'adua hired him.

The question who hired the FEC? is one of those inventions I keep talking about. Is there any section that says a minister hired by a President can not implement any section of the constitution if it will undermine the seating President but will be in the interest of Nigeria.
The Oath they swore is it loyalty to country or loyalty to Yar'adua family?

This is why I say the loopholes are invented and somehow you and I condone it. Folks should stop blaiming the constitution and do the right thing.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
mikeansy:

It does not matter who appointed them. If presented with the evidence of Yar'adua's health any minister who refuses to do the right thing will have some explaining to do.

It does not matter who appointed the FEC. The FEC are hired by the Nigerian people and so is the President. That the President appointed them don't mean much. No minister can look the acting President in the face an say he wants to break the law because Yar'adua hired him.

The question who hired the FEC? is one of those inventions I keep talking about. Is there any section that says a minister hired by a President can not implement any section of the constitution if it will undermine the seating President but will be in the interest of Nigeria.
The Oath they swore is it loyalty to country or loyalty to Yar'adua family?

This is why I say the loopholes are invented and somehow you and I condone it. Folks should stop blaiming the constitution and do the right thing.

You have either refused to understand or just pretends not to.
Yaradua appointed all these people and their loyalty is still to him (Yaradua)
They dont give a damn if the guys is alive or dead as long as they dont have to answer to no one else, they are fine, cos they are getting paid, Now the mistake that Jonathan made was keeping them around, he shd have had a major reshuffle and trust me, with that, by now, he would have been made the President of Nigeria and not just acting.
Re: Produce The President Or Declare Him Missing! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You have either refused to understand or just pretends not to.
Yaradua appointed all these people and their loyalty is still to him (Yaradua)
They dont give a damn if the guys is alive or dead as long as they dont have to answer to no one else, they are fine, cos they are getting paid, Now the mistake that Jonathan made was keeping them around, he shd have had a major reshuffle and trust me, with that, by now, he would have been made the President of Nigeria and not just acting.

He can have a reshufle.
But what I am saying is that with live hard evidence, regardless of who is there in FEC. Anybody who says a dead man should continue to rule can will have to tell the country why he wants to break section 144. Trust me no minister wants to be held on record to do that. He can reshuffle if he likes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2011 & 2015: Where Ohanaeze Ndigbo Missed It / Wikileak: Nigeria A Failed State, Another Pakistan In The Making / Which Is The Best Law Firms In Lagos, Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.