Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction (600 Views)

I May Now Believe In The Supernatural / The Supernatural Experience / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by peacesamuel94(m): 10:47am On Sep 09, 2017
Religious people have been described by atheists, as bigoted, myopic, insincere and all that, but on a second thought who has these qualities? a major arguments that
will prove the genuineness of theism is the proof of the existence of the supernatural, and many atheists have tried to ridicule this claim by writing it off as fallacious.

Let us for once assume the atheist to be correct, and imagine that paranormal events do not really occur in this world, for someone who is not myopic or one sided in reasoning, this means that all the miracles prophecies we see in churches were prearranged. So from this perspective how do you..

explain how prophecies occur in churches today..... taking Nigeria as a case study thousands of people flock these mega churches every Sunday and the pastors or (prophets specifically), are expected to walk to any random person in the building and tell him/her what they wouldn't on a normal day share with anyone, if we were to go by your logic that it was STAGED!, circumstantial things happen, people do call on the pastors attention, and still get ministered to, my question is how do these men get away with this constantly....without getting caught, even if they have the greatest photographic memory, what about uncontrollable events.

Before you call the belief in the supernatural an African ideology, know that mega churches have also thrived outside this continent, neither is it because of Christianity, because Africans have always believed in the existence of the supernatural.

So atheists as open minded individuals, who unlike religious people subject their beliefs to thorough scrutiny before adopting them, I would like to know how you came to arrive at the conclusion that the supernatural does not exist.

lalasticlala
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by lardeipo(f): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2017
bro, go watch thunderbolt (magun) nd u will find ur answer there

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by peacesamuel94(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2017
lardeipo:
bro, go watch thunderbolt (magun) nd u will find ur answer there

The answer I seek is the one drawn from your personal opinion, not from a movie. by the way are you an atheist ?
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by lardeipo(f): 11:37am On Sep 09, 2017
peacesamuel94:

The answer I seek is the one drawn from your personal opinion, not from a movie. by the way are you an atheist ?
no
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
supernatural is not fiction. It exists
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by peacesamuel94(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
onyenze123:
supernatural is not fiction. It exists

True.
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2017
The supernatural exists.
That certain actions are explainable, does not mean that the are not influenced by a supernatural source.

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by orunto27: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
I am very sincere 'cos I have experienced HIM.
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by peacesamuel94(m): 1:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
orunto27:
I am very sincere 'cos I have experienced HIM.

how exactly?
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by peacesamuel94(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
would really like to see what atheists have to say about this topic... so far so good, it seems none have commented.
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by orunto27: 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
People who experience God don't go around boasting about it.
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by peacesamuel94(m): 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
orunto27:
People who experience God don't go around boasting about it.

OK if you say so.
Re: Are You Being Sincere, Is The Supernatural Really Nothing But Fiction by peacesamuel94(m): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
still waiting for the atheist to come give their points..

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nairalanders, I Just Dreamt Of Rapture! / See The Banner Of This Church At Oshodi / Agent Of Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.