Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Things You Must Do & Know Before Coming To Nsukka For UNN Post UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things You Must Do & Know Before Coming To Nsukka For UNN Post UTME (1907 Views)

Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department / Whatsapp Group For UNN Aspirants 2018/2019 Session / Free Accommodation For Unn Post Utme Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Must Do & Know Before Coming To Nsukka For UNN Post UTME by MummyJackson(f): 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
this write up was not made, in any manner, to freak or scare you; on the opposite,

it is supposed to thoroughly put together you for the large assignment in advance.
so, put your mind at rest and follow those simple recommendations as a way to give you leverage at the same time as you attain achievement in the up-coming unn post utme.
 except, no undergraduate inside the university of nigeria has a higher head than you do. now, allow’s roll!
to start with, allow me give you a quick data about the college.
 the university of nigeria, normally called unn, is a federal college placed at nsukka, enugu kingdom, nigeria. founded in 1955 and officially opened on october 7, 1960, the college of nigeria has four campuses – nsukka, enugu and ituku-ozalla – located in enugu country and one in aba, abia nation, nigeria.
the principle campus of the college is located on 871 hectares of hilly savannah within the metropolis of nsukka, approximately eighty kilometers north of enugu, and enjoys a completely first-class and wholesome weather.

the university, with a motto “to repair the glory of man” has been a completely successful ivory tower, and has produced vital personalities in multiplied positions in nigeria. the likes of chinua achebe, dora akunyili, chimanda adichie amongst others are alumnus of this super organization. before i digress, let’s get to the principle points;

1) leave for nsukka in time:

i mean in time, not on time , i am hoping you recognize the difference out of your use of english. it’s essential you be inside the college as a minimum two days earlier than the exam especially for the ones coming from a long way locations like lagos. because of the enormous crowd coming for this examination, there may be bound to be heavy visitors in sure towns round nsukka.
earlier than now, this exam have been co-hosted/performed both at nsukka and enugu (unec) campuses of the university, but this time, all of the applicants will ought to head to nsukka, the most effective venue for this year. also, records indicates that between 20,000 – 30,000 candidates may be coming for the exams this 12 months.
every other point is that there are simplest approximately three fundamental shipping groups (peace, ifesinachi, and globis) that fly the nsukka route. the points i made above is simply to offer you a glimpse of what to expect when you make a decision to come back to nsukka an afternoon before the exam or even on the exam day. please come beforehand of time.

2) transportation in college:

the handiest way of transportation within the school is through the faculty’s bus services referred to as unn travel (this is virtually written on the shuttles buses and taxis available within and out of doors the campus).
 it takes university  students both inside and out of the campus.
those shuttles give one a exquisite deal of convenience and a sense of protection. they have, as their destination, a park in the city, whichis very close to peace mass transit park (i.e, in front of the popular ogige market at nsukka).

it can as nicely prevent you everywhere you want within the campus or anywhere within its path. there also are different smaller routes within the faculty just like the flat (zik’s flat) direction. the precis of the shipping fares is as follows;

-city (park) to campus and vice versa: #50 by means of go back and forth bus, #50 by means of commute taxi (specially vw golfing automobile).
-everywhere in the campus is n 30(bus), n forty(taxi).

-anywhere in the campus is always  #30(bus), #50(taxi).

word that those fees are problem to exchange relying on the triumphing financial state of affairs.
it’s not really useful to ask for carry that day, pay to your shipping fares.
but, it's far more painful no longer to recognize every body or some thing about the university  before coming. wager what? you’re at benefit for having long gone via this. girls, because the maximum ‘endangered’ specie, we might say, “open your eyes.” we've got our reasons; find out as you examine on.

3) ask for assist if want be
whilst you want assist in any manner like finding a particular place inside the faculty, ask for it, don’t fake. as soon as it’s your first time of being to the faculty, whoever sees you will know, you can’t disguise it.
just search for exact and innocent looking student (despite the fact that appearance may be misleading) and ask for what you want. unn university  students are pleasant and generous, there ‘ll usually be any person prepared to help.

4a) accommodation:

in the beyond, the college furnished accommodation for post ume candidates who are required to pay n 500 for the accommodation, and that i agree with equal can be relevant this year.
 if you decide on a personal lodging, there are few lodges and accommodations in nsukka, some of which can be cec (the faculty owned accommodations), kennan resort, grace manor inns, new & old lodge carolina (outside, however near the faculty), milipat, conis inns, jucony inn & resort and so forth.
these few accommodations & accommodations will truly be in hot needs. if you plan on staying with a friend, make sure you contact her or him ahead of time.
but, most lodging troubles are been mitigated by the one-of-a-kind campus fellowship our bodies who will always be to be had with their buses, assisting stranded applicants get an accommodation, and discover their special places.

although you can  go away your personal faith or fellowship whilst as sooner or later admitted into the college as you'll get steady sms, calls, visits, and pestering to enrol in their fellowship.
whatever you do when you finally gain admission, make sure you are in track along with your creator. don’t be over excited!

b) don’t fear approximately what to eat
yes, it’s funny however i recognise some mummy pikins will without a doubt be considering this. there may be a diffusion of meals to eat in nsukka, the maximum famous being okpa, a popular pudding eaten and loved with the aid of many in enugu kingdom. it’s eaten like peanuts right here, and i guess you'll revel in it (even though some of them can be truly pepperish).

there  are different local nsukka foods like aghara agha ji, aghara agha ede, aghara agha oka etc. don’t inquire from me how they taste, simply taste and see for your self, lol.
 you'll also get the standard fashionable foods you spot in different elements of the town.

also you need to eat well on the day of the exam. normally candidates are checked into the exam hall at about 8:00am for an examination in an effort to sooner or later begin at about 1:00pm as unn submit utme examination question papers are most effective printed as soon as all the applicants sitting for the exam are checked into their targeted halls and the printing takes multiple hours. this year’s exam will surely be exclusive as it can be pc based.
five) come with all the requirements
you're required to bring the subsequent for the screening exercising:

(i) a duplicate of on-line form duly finished.

(ii) 2015/2016 jamb slip.

do not visit the exam halls along with your mobile smartphone as you'll be forced to drop it outdoor the corridor, and who knows what will appear to it before you can pop out to pick it. venue for the screening is nnamdi azikiwe library (digital laboratory), university of nigeria, nsukka campus.

6) come for the exam prepared

it’s nearly impossible to put together too much. examine substantially and inside the jamb curriculum. in the conflict subject, no enemy is much less important. do no longer look down on any query at some point of the examination. assault every of them like a soldier that is combating along with his remaining breath. however, do not cheat! do no longer contain your self in examination malpractice, unn does no longer tolerate that. it’s a critical offence right here!

7) have an opportunity phone wide variety other than mtn
it is important that you have an opportunity phone wide variety other than mtn with which you could touch whoever you‘ll live with while you come to the faculty or with which you can be contacted without difficulty as records has shown that mtn community in nsukka maximum times move down whenever there is a large event just like the publish ume specially in the evenings.

cool beware of scammers

you need to be very careful due to the fact there will be wolves in sheep’s clothing. these fraudsters, who of path are not bonafide  university  students of the college may be concentrated on gullible post ume applicants with offers of admission runs, lodging (each unfastened and paid), particularly to submit utme ladies. don’t ask me why they pick imparting lodging to girls because i can't categorically inform you why now.
 besides, you could ask my oga at the top. on a severe note, those disgruntled factors will constantly come as pals but don’t be deceived. you just have to be wise!

9) you are secured!!

when you are inside the university  of nigeria, your protection is guaranteed. the university has a vibrant protection branch with a speedy reaction unit. you don’t need to panic. so every time you discover your self in hassle, just raise an alarm and make certain you ‘ll get a fast reaction.

10) get a glimpse of the way the questions appear like

the closing but no longer the least, many college students will need to realize how the unn publish post-UTME  questions appear like via getting a past query. it's miles very vital!! and of direction there's no compiled past query that has particular grade by grade solutions.
I wish y good luck.
Remember to tell me how it goes when you come back!

Source : http://www.waploaded.com

Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: Things You Must Do & Know Before Coming To Nsukka For UNN Post UTME by Nuel25846(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
wow
Re: Things You Must Do & Know Before Coming To Nsukka For UNN Post UTME by MummyJackson(f): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2017
if you haven't read this. don't come to unn
Re: Things You Must Do & Know Before Coming To Nsukka For UNN Post UTME by christejames(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2017
Did you read this article before posting it here? @OP... It seems the text was written in a foreign language probably French and translated into English. I overworked my brain trying to decipher what you meant in each paragraph.

Nevertheless, aspirants to the great citadel of learning (UNN ), need not be afraid or perplexed cause the school and Nsukka as a town is a nice and a hospitable place which has permeated the minds of the students and dwellers. Just be rest assured that any mind boggling question from you when you get to the town will be answered with all friendliness.

Good luck guys!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Didn't Go To Sch, But I Now Supervise Masters And Phd Holders - Mogul, Indimi / Top 10 Weird But True Facts / Study Abroad Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.