Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It (14281 Views)

Xpressverify Has Access To Nigerians’ NIN, Data & Is Making Money From It / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It / Mtn Monthly Whatsapp 1.2GB For N150 How To Browse With It On All App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Collins4u1(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2017
oluwadubem:

my manny live them nw,what is paining me if u tell em they will mark u as mtn agent,after streaming online video u still want ur data 1.5gb to last upto 30days...the days will enjoi unlimited datas is back in d days of BlackBerry sub,not anymore...thanks for correcting some folks

#peace#

and even those that doesnt do mtn sub will still talk.. Mtn zaps or gives fake data volume now.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by harsysky(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2017
I finish 10gig mtn data within a month. It's painful though but i can never use GLO. They are useless as far as im concerned. Grand masters of useless data that is slower than �
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by sheunpompey: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2017
I have been having this data zapping too for some time now. I subscribe to SME data and normal data subscription still not getting it how they deduct....
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2017
adedayo3193:

Bro I will like to let you know that airtel is terrifically terrible, as in I subscribed but can't use my data

Is it that the network is slow or they also zap data?
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2017
INTERMAN:
thats my plan too. Airtel or 9mobile
Obviously
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2017
When it comes to data zapping, hands off for Airtel. I've got all of d Sim cards, so I know what I'm talking about. I use data monitor to check my usage. Mtn and Glo has never zapped my data. Only airtel does that. Pls don't go streaming a 1080p or 720p movies online, when Uve subscribed for only 1.5 gig. U can finish Ur one month subscription in a day

2 Likes

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by inscreAF: 11:50am On Sep 10, 2017
Mtn has joined Zap gang.

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by onostar(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
Oga but mine is going well o.... nothing fake here joh......

Get paid for viewing adds........its simple just register.. and start viewing while you earn....http://xefuredrgeqi.trade/8622980547981/
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by hyuga(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
talut:
All of you claiming the data zaps faster than normal most likely don't turn off your data regularly. when you are not using your data the Android still uses it too run sum background process that are not necessary. The process Android OS in the screenshot sent uses a lot of data though it's a background process. There should be smtn zapping your data without you knowing. A data counter app can also be used to keep track of the data you use.
One more thing, most people forget about the uploading part of using data and consider downloading alone. Having the notion that downloading a file of 20mb should take 20mb form your data balance is so so wrong.
PS: I dislike it when I hear people complain about data zapping
I was once like u. I used to dislike such complaints until they share thr ''bread'' reach my side. Downloading a file of 20mb should account on ur data as 21mb used at max cos of the uplink too. BG data and others are accounted for on data usage on d fone. Now what happens when it doesn't tally. That's what we call zapping and its currently as real as daylight. Wanna do a sim swap as i am guessing it may be a sim issue as my younger bro who streams still gets well accounted data on his but mine zaps. Will advice peeps to try same as mtn CC knows ''nothing'' bout it
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by tutaboi(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
INTERMAN:
The MTN monthly Data of 1Gb+ 500Mb is fake. it is not real. My data now finishes in less than two weeks. i did not use it finish.MTN duped me. I will urge everyone reading this to stop subscribing to MTN. Spread the news. We Nigerians are not foolish.

MTN baaad!!
My money just gone without opening one video. And is not as if network Is nOt stable in my area . I have full 3g network service .

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by oluemmakay(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
The OP may not be far from the truth. I used to buy from resellers. My 1gb usually last for one month. Suddenly I noticed it won't last more than 2 weeks. I thought it's because am buying from data resellers. I started buying directly from MTN. But Na still the same thing o. Am already planning to port to another better network. If there's Sha.

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
Bj5all:
From personal experience, i have been using mtn for quite a long time, i do alot of video calling and the experience hasn't been to bad in terms of data consumption until like 3 months back. The data rush out like mad, i was subscribing almost everyday. I personally i believe mtn increased their data consumption rate.

Luckily for me, Glo has a very good network in my area, i subscribed 3k for 12gb and surprisingly it lasted for morethan 3 weeks which i would have spent close to 10k using my mtn line. So far it has been Glo.

You're right
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by LilSmith55(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
INTERMAN:
thats my plan too. Airtel or 9mobile

Bro Try Airtel and u won't regret, Either Blackberry or Android
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
MTN zaps data more than normal. I've jejely switched back to my glo. I don't even have power to complain.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Artistree: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
INTERMAN:
The MTN monthly Data of 1Gb+ 500Mb is fake. it is not real. My data now finishes in less than two weeks. i did not use it finish.MTN duped me. I will urge everyone reading this to stop subscribing to MTN. Spread the news. We Nigerians are not foolish.
My dear, do you know I subscribe for 2.5gb+1gb and the thing drains before my eyes within one week?
I have been trying to reach their customer service line but haven't been able, I thought I was alone in this.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Obudupikin: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
INTERMAN:

Mine finished in less than a week. I kid you not.
Even the 5000naira bonus they gave me for recharging 1000 was taken 5 days before the expiration date.

I've dumped the sim.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by adedayo3193(m): 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterRahl:

Is it that the network is slow or they also zap data?

Bro airtel Is another word for thief, I would have given you reply immediately but due to their shitty network I cant. Their network is damn slow and also their method of zapping data is baffling me. I subsribed since yesterday but couldn't browse due to their silly network and yet they keep deducting my data for nothing

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by ammyluv2002(f): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mehn, MTN zap like mad! Stay away from them.... had to run back to my airtel line.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
adedayo3193:

Bro airtel Is another word for thief, I would have given you reply immediately but due to their shitty network I cant. Their network is damn slow and also their method of zapping data is baffling me. I subsribed since yesterday but couldn't browse due to their silly network and yet they keep deducting my data for nothing
Lol. Thank you bro. It seems there's no hope but what about the newly launched 9mobile?
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by shedy03(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
ammyluv2002:
Mehn, MTN zap like mad! Stay away from them.... had to run back to my airtel line.

lol.
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by preshdiva(f): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
I actually thought my data consumption rate increased but this is really very alarming.
I've bought more than 5gb within 2 weeks. I had to restrict my background data at some point, yet, my data dissipates like no man's business. Don't even know which network to port to right now... angry
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by rammyblog: 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
lol..
happened to me before i discovered Double data bonus offer http://www.rammyblog.com.ng/2017/08/new-method-to-activate-mtn-100-double.html
its a life saver
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by adedayo3193(m): 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterRahl:
Lol. Thank you bro. It seems there's no hope but what about the newly launched 9mobile?

Though 9mobile is quite stingy with their data plan but their network is damn fast

2 Likes

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
adedayo3193:

Though 9mobile is quite stingy with their data plan but their network is damn fast
How about the zapping rate? grin
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by adedayo3193(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterRahl:
How about the zapping rate? grin

Well recently 9mobile just join the train grin, but for the network stability that I can vouch for them
And also my biggest mistake this week is subscribing airtel bundle which I won't make next time

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by FrancisCAF: 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

why dont you proceed to show us a screenshot of your device data usage and check if it tallies with your data consumption. and i really dont know how to tell nigerians that data bundles are not time based even 40gb can finish in one day if you use it. You lots spend all day on instagram and snapchat and wonder why your data keeps exhausting, ewu namas grin grin grin

Some out of ignorant share a 35mb video clip to all their contacts on WhatsApp without checking the size of the video. No mind them. Let them stop spoiling people business. Ask questions, stop running to media for everything. Posting nonsense
Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Apipia: 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
internationalman:
Thank God for d speed of light service rendering by Glo in my area.
You are hallucinating?

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by internationalman(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
Apipia:

You are hallucinating?
No I'm not. It's d best network in my area.

1 Like

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by Jozebrain(m): 9:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
For me I choose airtel as my favorite browsing network since mtn choose to cheat Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It by joseph214(m): 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
I noticed it too. I normally subscribe for 1gb with N500 twice to get 2gb and it would last me for at least a week, but now it doesn't even last more than 3 days. Recently I subscribed for the 2gb for 1k and now it's showing me 309mb available when I have used only 1.5gb. That's almost 200mb gone.
Seems I may have to go to airtel or 9mobile.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tricks To Get A Good Replacement Battery For Your Smartphones. / Have You Noticed Mtn Overcharging For Calls? / Galaxy S5 Original And Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.