Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? (4162 Views)

Historical Perspective Of Hatred Between Igbo And Yoruba / Why Is There Hatred Between Yorubas & Igbos? / Historical Perspective Of Hatred Between Yorubas & Igbos (Very Historic Piece) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by tommynico(m): 1:22am On Sep 10, 2017
It's really disheartening to read online the bitter and hateful words being used by both parties. Majority of us ( Yoruba and igbo) have friends from the mentioned tribes, why can't we just see ourselves thesame way we see our individual friends. I know this country can be tiresome and at times confusing due to the decisions and desires of some powerful few but I do believe we can still rise above this negative rivalry and instead compliment ourselves and become better. History as well has given us reasons to be at odds but we have come a long way, even up to the point of intra tribal marriages which have only bonded us together as a sign of prosperity and goodness. It helps no one to hate but it is much more refreshing to the soul to live happily with one another because hatred will only make see the other from the fault side and not the possible goodness in them. Please my dear brothers and sisters from both sides of this widening gulf, we should stop it all before it consume us all, Let those who want to be apart do so with respect to the other group and not with hatred.......

Oga lalastical.....help us preach the gospel please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by orunto27: 4:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Let us restructure Nigeria's unity now.
There will be Peace when we organise to ask ourselves somethings before we get them.
Presidency now is fraught with inequalities, unprogressiveness, sefishness and unholy manipulations leading us to nowhere.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by DonVikings: 5:47am On Sep 10, 2017
It is on the basis of the inability of pigs and idiots to play opositon politics that others quietly played for over a decade without insulting other people's tribe, religion and culture.

That is unforgivable. angry

22 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by greatCharley(m): 7:27am On Sep 10, 2017
DonVikings:
It is on the basis of the inability of pigs and idiots to play opositon politics that others quietly played for over a decade without insulting other people's tribe, religion and culture.

I have observed the rubbish you say on this platform for a while, I conclude that you are either a kid or you are an educated fool. did APC play opposition politics quietly? and calling Igbo's pigs sounds ironical, when we know the real dirty tribe. you people defeated Jonathan with politics of hate, but now that the same is hunting you, you want to cry down the heavens

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Nemesis1: 7:54am On Sep 10, 2017
greatCharley:

I have observed the rubbish you say on this platform for a while, I conclude that you are either a kid or you are an educated fool. did APC play opposition politics quietly? and calling Igbo's pigs sounds ironical, when we know the real dirty tribe. you people defeated Jonathan with politics of hate, but now that the same is hunting you, you want to cry down the heavens

OP is trying to quench a fire you just poured more petrol

The person you quoted never mentioned Ibo but I guess you know it's your birth name that's why your itching fingers had to write the nonsense above

The north or Yoruba did not embark on massive hate speech, agitation for another country, insulting the whole country's tribes and religion because they lost presidential elections

North or Yoruba did not open a pirate hate station to spread more hate

North or Yoruba did not threaten to destroy Lagos or Nigeria if their candidate did not win

North or Yoruba did not employ propaganda as tool of disintegration

So if you have nothing reasonable to contribute kindly shutthefuckup

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by chiagozien(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Be on your own let me be on my own is not hatred,but the children of the fallen demon are born to hate and to please their master up north.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by DonVikings: 7:59am On Sep 10, 2017
greatCharley:

Go and lick Kanu's urine and stop pouring smelly spittle everywhere my Wawa Jewish alobam. grin

15 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Balkan(m): 8:07am On Sep 10, 2017
Nemesis1:

The person you quoted never mentioned Ibo but I guess you know it's your birth name that's why your itching fingers had to write the nonsense above

The north or Yoruba did not embark on massive hate speech, agitation for another country, insulting the whole country's tribes and religion because they lost presidential elections

North or Yoruba did not threaten to destroy Lagos or Nigeria if their candidate did not win

look this dirty Afonja talking. Abokki slave

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by koladebrainiac(m): 8:19am On Sep 10, 2017
Its a mutual feeling so no offense here.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by obailala(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2017
tommynico:
It's really disheartening to read online the bitter and hateful words being used by both parties. Majority of us ( Yoruba and igbo) have friends from the mentioned tribes, why can't we just see ourselves thesame way we see our individual friends. I know this country can be tiresome and at times confusing due to the decisions and desires of some powerful few but I do believe we can still rise above this negative rivalry and instead compliment ourselves and become better. History as well has given us reasons to be at odds but we have come a long way, even up to the point of intra tribal marriages which have only bonded us together as a sign of prosperity and goodness. It helps no one to hate but it is much more refreshing to the soul to live happily with one another because hatred will only make see the other from the fault side and not the possible goodness in them. Please my dear brothers and sisters from both sides of this widening gulf, we should stop it all before it consume us all, Let those who want to be apart do so with respect to the other group and not with hatred.......

Jonathan Goodluck is the bone of contention. Yorubas and Igbos have always had a cold war, but the current escalation is just a creation of the 2015 elections. A lot of Igbos who supported GEJ passionately still feel deeply pained over his election loss and they harbour great contempt against Yorubas for daring to choose APC/Buhari over PDP/GEJ.

Too bad that a simple election has had this much effect on the psyche of many...

14 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Oblang(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2017
obailala:
Jonathan Goodluck is the bone of contention. Yorubas and Igbos have always had a cold war, but the current escalation is just a creation of the 2015 elections. A lot of Igbos who supported GEJ passionately still feel deeply pained over his election loss and they harbour great contempt against Yorubas for daring to choose APC/Buhari over PDP/GEJ.

Too bad that a simple election has had this much effect on the psyche of many...

They can go and die if it pains them so much that Yorubas supported buhari...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Etogist: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2017
We became enemies the day we decided to debunk their age long lies and propaganda and tell them in their face without mincing words that they are slaves to the caliphate.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 10, 2017
Please support Oduduwa and Ooni of Ife

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 10, 2017
Please disregard Yoruba muslims on this thread

14 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by NothingDoMe: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2017
Etogist:
We became enemies the day we decided to debunk their age long lies and propaganda and tell them in their face without mincing words that they are slaves to the caliphate.
Simple.

11 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by NothingDoMe: 10:49am On Sep 10, 2017
obailala:

No. It was/is Buhari the hate speech Master.

He made it obvious that anyone who didn't vote him won't benefit from his tenure. The yorubas not wanting to eat their words and negatively impact the Vice president still supported their choice. So the war began with the Igbo's their southern counterpart that refused to bow under such a bigoted leader called Buhari.

Now their eyes Don clear.

8 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Amarabae(f): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2017
I think it is an effect of the part awolowo played during the war,
Some Igbos watched their children starved to death and kwashiokor during the war,
and also the £20 saga,
awolowo no try abeg,

3 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by raker300: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2017
I hate double standards..

Where was all these campaign of love during the 2015 election that was a tribal war against the Igbo?

10 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by waledeji(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Balkan:
look this dirty Afonja talking. Abokki slave

Look this dirty criminal talking. Ijaw slav.e

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by rainylad(f): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
greatCharley:

Co-signed and right on the money.

3 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by obailala(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
NothingDoMe:
No. It was/is Buhari the hate speech Master.

He made it obvious that anyone who didn't vote him won't benefit from his tenure. The yorubas not wanting to eat their words and negatively impact the Vice president still supported their choice. So the war began with the Igbo's their southern counterpart that refused to bow under such a bigoted leader called Buhari.

Now their eyes Don clear.
The yawa started long before the 97% statement, so quit trying to use that as a justification. A lot of GEJ supporters were very pissed off and bitter followinv the election results and that bitterness led to many things including the massive folllwership of ipob today. After the election, a lot of Gejites from the SE felt they were betrayed by the SW for supporting a northern candidate over a fellow southerner. Taunting names like 'Hausa slaves' and 'betrayers' are still being freely used today and it was purely out of the disgruntlement from the elections. Save that you 97% excuse for people that were born yestrday.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by NwaJozi: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
Igbo boys and yoruba dey tag along here na poverty dey worry una there
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by mpianya39(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
Unity beggars don upgrade to another level grin grin grin

Thunder scatter yoruba muslims a.k.a skull miners angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by mpianya39(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
DonVikings:

You mean this..

9 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Obdk: 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
tommynico:

stop unity begging....

oke ochi na ebute mkpari

anyi anohozi na dia level. nkea ka ana akpo nkari

4 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by MasterKim: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
Amarabae:
I think it is an effect of the part awolowo played during the war,
Some Igbos watched their children starved to death and kwashiokor during the war,
and also the £20 saga,
awolowo no try abeg,
Shut up and stop crying about this awolowo stuff.
Did he chase u from withdrawing ur money before leaving?
You're coming towards his region, he has no gun and u expect him to sit while ur children re happy and Biafran soldiers re killing and enslaving his tribesmen.
U guys must be a very greedy set of people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Obdk: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nemesis1:

stop being hypocritical.
d 20 naira collecting former olopa and orijin drinking and skunk smoking lagoon oba threatened to drown the Igbos..

the baboons and dogs whr threatening and killed in 2011..

so shut it

5 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by MasterKim: 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
mpianya39:
Unity beggars don upgrade to another level grin grin grin

Thunder scatter yoruba muslims a.k.a skull miners angry angry angry
Lol.
Unity begging, we have wema bank, we have odua group amongst the rest.
U don't av anytin apart from ipob and ohaneeze. U can't create a country without adding Niger delta, u can't make it untill u come to d west. No better school until u school in d west.
If u no build house for west, u neva build anything.
If u neva rent house for west, u neva achieve anything.
If u neva carry ur ugwu, gala, fanyogo, aboniki, bread come sell for Lagos Ibadan express, ur life neva settle.

So who is now begging for unity

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by rlauncher(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
tommynico:

We, Yorubas don't hate Igbo's or anyone.

Just because we resist Igbo's calling us names all over the social media does not amount to hating them. I believe it is the other way round.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nemesis1:

You are a fulani man,so why are you speaking for yoruba?why not speak for the north alone...and the agitation for self determination started even before gej lost his election

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Lightening: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nemesis1:

In other words, hate speech is real hate only if the hater' candidate looses in a presidential election? This una free education work so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Abba Kyari, Chief Of Staff To The President? / Apc's Gboyega Oyetola Defeats Pdp's Adeleke In Osun Rerun / Reps To Investigate Abandoned Projects In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.