Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) (42582 Views)

Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by claremont(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
marsoden:

Why are the looters always or mostly blacks?

The pictures the OP posted are mostly from the the Caribbean Islands of Barbados, St Kitts etc. The Island natives are black, so it's not surprising that the pictures of the looters are black. I don't understand why some people are trying to introduce a racial dimension to it, no need for it at all. When Katrina hit New Orleans, there were a lot of black looters simply because the majority of New Orleans population are black.

This is purely a population-based issue, the wider debate on the correlation between poverty/social deprivation and crime doesn't apply or fit into this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by rydow(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
lovelygurl:

The only fool here is you. I don't know if you are blind but I just told someone on this same thread to be careful of what the media presents to him undecided

The fact that the media might favour whites doesn't change the fact that African Amricans have the highest poverty rate.

Besides the screenshot you added just proves my point undecided

Screenshot just enlighten you Arindin. You are the first to raise a stupid statistics.

Don't quote me again oooo. Cos I hate to trade words with dumb people like you
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
rydow:

Screenshot just enlighten you Arindin. You are the first to raise a stupid statistics.

Don't quote me again oooo. Cos I hate to trade words with dumb people like you

Grow up
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by joinnow: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
rydow:

Liar. Everyone is a Victim both White Hispanic Latino waterver. Stop this stupid mentality. African Americans ain't mostly poor

#Shotigbo.

The camera did no justice to the picture.

Same line of thinking
They will only capture black looting but will not want to show white looting.
When I was in Holland white also thief bicycle

1 Like

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Maj196(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Na When Hurricane Nkem go reach Naija sef..make e Wipe naija..make we start again and give the country another name angry
Sorry guy who's dis kid. I see his memes all over. Is he a child actor?
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
Thoughts and prayers with everyone affected

1 Like

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Pidginwhisper: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
Maj196:
Sorry guy who's dis kid. I see his memes all over. Is he a child actor?
Nope, na Meme actor he be wink

1 Like

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by BIXYBABE: 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
Lemme quickly comment before Seun barn me
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by pooozeee(m): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
I hope those black looters aren't Nigerians ?
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by sukkot: 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
irma aka apollyon aka abaddon the destroyer.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by RGem(f): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
Adeoba10:
Seun should make Explorer one of the moderator of this forum. Let's vote for this guy, he's very unique, unlike some nairalander like NwaAma.kpe n Eco9

I agree.

2 Likes

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by dingbang(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
God ain't happy with america..
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Fidelismaria: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
lipsrsealed
can sum1 enlighten me on how this hurricanes are named
hurricane Harvey hurricane Irma
I don't get?

1 Like

Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Ekeseges(f): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
lovelygurl:
The looters though grin
A thief is a thief whether Hurricane or not
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Ekeseges(f): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Fidelismaria:
lipsrsealed

can sum1 enlighten me on how this hurricanes are named

hurricane Harvey
hurricane Irma

I don't get?

may be alphabetically
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by melejo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
cummando:
Jesu see natural disaster!

Here we have bobrisky , Vic o and speed Darlington. Bangdadadang
What of Hushpuppi?
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
Explorers:
Looters on the run

In St Martin, the French occupied half of the island, police men deterred other looters after Hurricane Irma.

Hilarious sign telling looters not to bother breaking in Florida

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
why the looters go always be black people undecided black race is a curse
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Afritop(m): 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
That won't stop me from processing my visa to America. They think that will scare me
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by salford1: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
marsoden:

cos st maartin is a carribean island.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Topshow2010(m): 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
Its quite saddened wit d huge loss ,dts d reason its said dt d innocents often have a share in d calamity dt befalls d guilty ones.British island has alwaz been a safe haven for d looters and oda shady elements all over d world especially naija my beloved country. undecided
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by post111(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
thank u explorers. I want you to kip updates with the one of Florida pls
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by holatunde1759(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
Explorers:
Troops are being called in to stop looters armed with guns and machetes on hurricane-ravaged St Martin with food, water and medicine running low, it has emerged.

Dutch soldiers are pictured patrolling the streets on the Dutchside of the island

Extra troops and police are arriving on the southern part of the island, which is shared between France and the Netherlands, and part of their job is to help keep order, officials said.

Call of duty.......Wildlands
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by valdetino(m): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
God help them, no wonder TB Joshua said soon Africa will be a safe hoven for the western world.

All those damaged cars will find theirs way to Africa soon but our car dealers can never reduce the price of Tukumbo cars.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by princetom1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The inevitable ocean surges is why I built in the highest part in Ibadan.

Lmfao
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by elijahkayode(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
Live: Hurricane Irma destroys Maho Beach Cam in St Maarten USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCc85T5qd8Q
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Hclinton: 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
Have mercy Lord.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by Xano(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
NairalandSARS:

No, I mean the way they hyped the hurricane.

Search "Berbuda" on twitter. It is an Island that was hit by Hurricane Irma at category 5. You would videos and pictures of more than 90% damage of the Island.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by twinskenny(m): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes but in a different way. But it won't fall.

Wow okay
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by NairalandSARS: 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
marsoden:

Maybe most caribbeans are black?
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by enimooko: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
They are very organized even in disaster!
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by monerozi5590: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
Abudu2000:
they muat be from nigeria, or their accestors grin grin

Just can't stop laughing.
Re: Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) by ajl: 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Rich4god:
There are poor whites also in the affected area... Just different mentality.

You are assuming that poor White people do not loot. You are damn wrong. I have lived in North America for quite awhile. A poor man is a poor man irrespective of skin colour. As there are black looters, there are Hispanic and White looters.

It seem the White man has done a good job in making Black people to never see themselves in a good light. I remember taking a bus to catch a train to my place of work. I was standing right beside the driver who is Black and likely of Carribean origin. He asked where I was heading, I told him I was heading to the local university. The next thing he said shocked me but I was not surprised. He said where do I work there, that does the university have a bakery or something like that that I work in. He was not expecting someone of his own colour to do the kind of highly technical job I hold at the institution. I would not believe that he said that because I was in a pair of jeans. He surely would not have said the same if I was White.

A lot of Black people need help to free themselves of their badly damaged psyche. Here you see some of our people born and bred on the streets of Lagos, Enugu or elsewhere trying to sound American.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter / ISIS Claims Responsibility For Kabul Airport Suicide Bomb Attacks(Pix) / See The Countries That Recognize Hamas As Terrorist Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.