Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (17716 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid / Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by smileyoo: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2017
if the op is a pastor, then he has lost it. even christ commended the widow that gave the least, because that's what she had. one can only give within one's ability. more over God loves a cheerful giver. if you give without cheerfulness, then its not from your heart, therefore a rejected offering.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by sabangeri(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2017
End time pastor ole
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by okoyeizu: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2017
Stop posting rubbish until u get a job, get married,pay ur kids fees in a good school,buy good food at home, cater for ur aged parents n in-laws,fuel ur car n ur wife's car if u buy her one, pay ur rent n bills, pay ur tithe...then if u av up to 1k evry sunday,that means u av a job of above 200k..
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Lordkratus(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
please tell me what God needs the money for? instead of you to day your pastor you are saying God. I have never heard that God came down to collect money o. criminals

3 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Phi001(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2017
Your opinion is completely preposterous!!!

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Wolfbrother(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2017
OP is a block head with a block headed opinion .. puta

3 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by sugarwiz(f): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
So you cant keep aside 4,000 out of 18,000 for offering.
Be realistic, how do u want d person to survive. To buy foodstuffs monthly sef is another thing.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by nenergy(m): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
I suspect that you're the senior pastor of a mushroom church and offering has been dwindling. You come vex start thread online grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by ikept(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2017
Nonsense! you offer what you have, not all u have. You dey their pockets? smh.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by ayokellany: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
The Almighty God that I worship does not need subvention from me. Your own god might. According to what I read about Christ he is wealthier above all.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by djeezy(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Exactly...GOD bless you.... cc lalasticlala and mynd44
Are you this dumb? that's a sarcasm. He doesn't agree with you. Op must be a pastor and a thief. Imagine the nonsense he just posted. Some churches these days are worst than ponzi schemes. It has become a business venture and that is why there are lots of churches all over d country and the country is still corrupt. This goes to tell you how fake these churches are. It's a very lucrative business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by olashas(f): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2017
Shey God asked for money ni? grin

Why would you instruct another on how to spend his hard earned money? Is something wrong with this OP? undecided

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by bodeskii(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2017
Just feel like beating up this OP. angry
Ure no better than d corrupt politicians u condemn.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by lomprico(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2017
noscarn91:

You are the reason these yahoo boy pastors are living luxurious lives with private jet ,expensive SUV and big mansions while you struggle with life with the meagre salary your boring 9-5 job brings, continue fuelling their ministry, sheeple.

Are u sure he is not one of them?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by joepapilo(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2017
Its people like you who rob God, if not you stated it to be your opinion I would have send amadioha to you coz even God didn't give a price why then are you fixing a price , is it coz you live financially stable and you think everbody are like you. Mr man give what you have and stop taking panandol on another persons headache. Afterall is the same God that gave us the money we are only decieving ourselves
Giving pastor to show off. Don't read your bible. ? the poorest woman in the church gave the biggest offering coz its her all.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by geunik(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO will the 18,000 keep you alife? will the 18,000 give you long life and 100% good health? We fail to spend for GOD with the bad mindset of pastors using your money....this is not a good mentality.
tithe of 18k will be about 1800 plus 4k which is about 6k leaving the guy with 12k. And some months have 5 weeks. Lets be realistic na.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by repent4christ: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2017
Ahhh please stop! Offering is not tax, rather cheerful giving no amount is stipulated. Tithe is compulsory, He/ she who defaults till death goes to Hell. Stop preaching out of biblical standard!
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by proeast(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Exactly...GOD bless you.... cc lalasticlala and mynd44
Try and read between the lines, the person you quoted was actually mocking you! You know what sarcasm means? I went to RCCG last sunday for a friends child dedication and all the pastor (and later his wife) were preaching and emphasizing on were tithe and collections, it was so bad! I've stopped paying tithe to all these Lagos/Ibadan Exp Way church conglomerates! All they do is buy jets, build universities for the rich, lavish money on themselves and children while the suffering masses keeps contributing their widows might!!! That is wickedness and evil. Our society will be a much better place if we all stop giving 10% of our income to people that are already in the Forbes list of billionaires and rather give such money to the less priviledged ones in our midst. God will appreciate it more! These god of men are really feeding fat on the gullibility & low IQ of Nigerians!!! SMH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by kenn4rill(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:

which Bible DAT specifically asked for 1000# offering? n wat about those countries DAT uses dollars? how are we gonna arrange der offerings? if ur income is 18,000 monthly n u remove 4k for offerings n ur tithes, how much u go come chop na..u sef tink am....
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by LEOVOLUTION(m): 11:34am On Sep 10, 2017
Oga shut up! G boys spend thousands on drinks, not workers who can barely afford T fare.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Beedude(m): 11:34am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Will God or Jesus spend money ? Don't be a fool of the word. Ur heart is the most important thing God needs. Give what u can afford. Am a Christian and a worker in the church but this is my personal relationship with God not my pastor. If u like sell ur house and land and donate to your general overseer if u won't make heaven u won't and u G.O will keep buying private jet and increasing the church university fees. Like I said , my relationship is only with God. Peace
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by ironprocs(m): 11:35am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Are you okay....what will 14,000 buy in this country?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by femicyrus(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2017
Ultimus:
The god that needed nothing in creating a universe but now needs naira notes to run it's evangelical ministries...Lol. When will you people have sense and break away from these scams??
I did not go to church today but I felt I could transfer offering to the church from home because that seems to be the only thing that matters

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by joepapilo(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2017
Lordkratus:
please tell me what God needs the money for? instead of you to day your pastor you are saying God. I have never heard that God came down to collect money o. criminals
Godbless you wetin God wan use money do when na him dey give us. Some will even say they want to buy God a car. Ok make I do go open church sef
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by LEOVOLUTION(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
And still pay tithe and sow seeds? You guys are unbelievable.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by koolaid87: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2017
Op, you no well
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by zeestone99(m): 11:39am On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=Saintsammurai post=60308869]SO will the 18,000 keep you alife? will the 18,000 give you long life and 100% good health? We fail to spend for GOD with the bad mindset of pastors using your money....this is not a good mentality.[/quote

Mr man, what do you mean by spending for God, who told you God is spending money, is God human dat he ll need ur moni, u beta rid ursef d stupid mentality. Udoma already said it, back in the days offering moni is used to cater for the needy and sick. These days u don't have that so it definitely does nt serve it's purpose. There are rarely church projects u ll see around you that benefit the common man, and yes that's what our offering is for, not for God to spend moni, God doesn't need ur moni.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by djeezy(m): 11:39am On Sep 10, 2017
olashas:
Shey God asked for money ni? grin

Why would you instruct another on how to spend his hard earned money? Is something wrong with this OP? undecided
Don't mind the idiot. That's how a pastor deceived a woman to sow her SUV to him. That's how they know every scripture pertaining to giving and will always preach it in church to extort money from gullible members.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by murphyibiam15(m): 11:40am On Sep 10, 2017
repent4christ:
Ahhh please stop! Offering is not tax, rather cheerful giving no amount is stipulated. Tithe is compulsory, He/ she who defaults till death goes to Hell. Stop preaching out of biblical standard!
fear of hell is used to perpetually keep you guys enslaved.. smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by gabe: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2017
cos u v got to pay ur dealer...
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nostradamus: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

You are a thief for suggesting that someone who earns just 18k to part with 4k for offering.
I have a feeling this guy is blunt and always straight to the point,no time to dey beat around the bush,say the truth as it is.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Beedude(m): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
So when ur landlord evict u, ur pastor will give u shelter ?
When ur children cant go to school , ur pastor will give them free education in the church school ?
And remember u will still be told to pay tithe out of the 18k. Ur children and wife look malnourished while ur pastors family ride in range rover and ur children deprive benefit they ought to get . Bro even on judgement day God himself will send u to hell for failing to take care of ur family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boyfriend/Girlfriend Relationship, Also Known As Dating: Is It Right Or Wrong? / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences / You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.