Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (17761 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid / Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by ErnyyBobo: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:
i think you are correct.. in fact.. God is greater than every other aspect .. so i don't think the money we spend on our feeding should be greater than the money we spend for offering.. our offering should be twice our feeding and rent put together.. because the all creator of everything is definitely interested in paper money

Saintsammurai:
Exactly...GOD bless you.... cc lalasticlala and mynd44

Since you failed to grasped the Sarcasm in Wilgrea7 post.. grin grin grin . .... Let me help you out.. In other words what he means is that Fucck' You and Fucck' your God

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Karleb(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
This thread has made it obvious that church is all about the money. Imagine?! sad

How is the amount I drop as offering anyone's business?

This comment is coming from someone who hasn't dropped offering for the 3rd consecutive Sunday.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Double194(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:

and to think you didnt see the sarcasm in that statement, I just pity people you influence.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by HenryOA: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
Oleee. lol bench womer
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by davillian(m): 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

You are a thief for suggesting that someone who earns just 18k to part with 4k for offering.

So after the offering, this member can die in hunger and lack of adequate medical care while your self acclaimed men of god flaunt their I'll gotten wealth.
Bro not 4k alone but plus tithe. I've Even stopped going to church self.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by samwash(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
@Op wat is ur definition of offering ? prosperity is not only in finances .
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by gemale(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.

Op your aim is noble but your method is not too good IMO. You can't try to enforce generosity. It should be of free will. An offering to God should not be pegged at any amount. It should be as the Spirit moves. The fact that you give a million should not make you think you're a better Christian than those who gave 1 naira. Can you remember when Jesus was with His disciples in the temple & people were giving alms? He told them the widow who gave 2 copper coins gave more than the people gave bags of gold. God isn't like man who judges based on quantity.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
cheesy pastor is fighting for his money... soon they would tell you anyone that doesn't put at least N1000 in offering is going to hell.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
You are not even smart enough to know he was being sarcastic... grin grin

Saintsammurai:

3 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
Piiko:
I put 300 today oya come and beat me undecided
u put 300? Bro u try, I don't drop above #200
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
AfriAskMen:
You are not even smart enough to know he was being sarcastic... grin grin

you expect someone that's so engrossed in religion to be smart?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by rufus7719: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
The God I know does not measure you faith in currency terms. Fingers are not equal. How do you expect a family that wakes up with less than #400 on a Sunday morning to drp #1000 as offering?

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by nobleblood: 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Doing those things is totally different from offering.... offering money is taking care of the body of christ, which in this case.. "the church".

Stop talking what you don't know. The body of Christ is people. Least of bredren. If you do this to them, you have done it to Christ. The church was set up to do this. If he us doing this he is already helping the church with its commission.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
KGBEAST:

The guy deserved the beating grin cheesy grin
. I nearly killed him that day.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by obisco4u: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mr OP here's what your supposed N1000 per week will produce.

1. More expensive church universities for the wealthy.
2. Mercedes benz Gwagen, Rolls-Royce, Range Rover for pastor and his family.
3. Private jets
4. Increased financial crime in the church.
5. Impoverishment of members.
6. Pastor's wife opens a creche for rich parents.
7. Buying more expensive musical instruments and sound system (nothing wrong with this)
8. Pastor's children go to the est schools because they know how the world works.
9. Expensive clothing and gifts for their wives
10. Sex scandals. Etc

No mention of the members who deep their hands into their pockets and brought out a bountiful offering. You expect to invest your money there?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Iamzik: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
Op you need to read your Bible. Start from the book of acts and tell us what church contribution and free will donations were used for. Every proceed was distributed equally between members according to their needs -withine the local church, not remitted to some church headquarters far away.

How many times did Peter, Paul, Timothy or any of the disciples make reference to tithe, offerings and compulsory contribution?

Paul was a missionary but he was also a tentmaker and he worked with his hands apart from active preaching and mission work.

A system where members of the local church are encouraged to keep giving and the money does not stay in the local parish where the impact will be felt in form of welfare is really not working.

Christianity was brought to Nigeria through selfless charity -free mission schools, hospitals, self empowerment programs. Most of our big time pastors went to tuition free mission schools but suddenly they realize that education is expensive and you must use all your life savings to send your child to school. They have forgotten that some Christian church members somewhere paid for their education. Nothing is free.

Summary? Church should seek to make more impact by touching individual lives in the local church. Let's go back to practical Christianity.

The church has been so preaching on giving. It's time for her to practice what she preaches. Abi won't the church also be bless if she gives to her members. Afterall it's more blessed to give than to receive
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Adex001(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
gemale:

Op your aim is noble but your method is not too good IMO. You can't try to enforce generosity. It should be of free will. An offering to God should not be pegged at any amount. It should be as the Spirit moves. The fact that you give a million should not make you think you're a better Christian than those who gave 1 naira. Can you remember when Jesus was with His disciples in the temple & people were giving alms? He told them the widow who gave 2 copper coins gave more than the people gave bags of gold. God isn't like man who judges based on quantity.
you've said it all... Don't mind the materialistic OP. I will rather keep my money to myself than to put 1k for offering... They say, cut your coats accordingly to your size...
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by obaoyedotun(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
You should have just kept your stupid opinion to yourself God loves a cheerful giver if it's 50 naira you have give don't commit crime cos you want to give to God am sure going to warn people about you should you start a church 2moro are you God why tell them what to give to him
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by ukata16(m): 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Giving your girlfriend more than 1,000 naira and spending less for GOD is an insult and disregard to GOD.
ARE YOU GOD?
How did you know? So by giving money(offering)you have done God's bidding ba?
My friend go a park well. Read your Bible well done go around confusing your lineage
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
bjhaid:
u put 300? Bro u try, I don't drop above #200
I drop 1000-2000 atimes depending on my mood and my wallet
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by slurity1: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
you must be joking. Churches do offering around 4-5 times within a single week. so. we should still drop a thousand naira abi?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by win2kwire: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
if Nigerians are not stupid monkeys about religion this will not come up.
blame yourselves
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:

Dumbest I have heard in a long time
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by KGBEAST(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. I nearly killed him that day.
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Jumbus31(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Op u re one of the brain washed Christians who think that God needs our money. Get off that mentality. You re just like my cousine ,a pastor who came to my house to borrow a pair of my shoes to attend a church program,after the program,I didn't see him or my shoe for like a week. After like 2weeks he came Nd when I asked him abt the shoe he borrowed from me,he said he used it as a tithe. Lol,my own shoe? I beat am that day,arrested him with police until his elder brother came Nd pay me the exact amount I bought that shoe. Now tell me is the guys head correct? Some people re daft.
I'm dying of laughter with this comment.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by iykemanjc: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
Lol, Let Daddy Freez catch OP with his writeup He will single handedly roast him or is it freez him well well.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Fvcknames: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
I yus weak o.
4,000 naira apart from tithe?
When the Bible says pay 10%,who now sent you to add another 22.2%

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by oshemus: 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
I think the OP is trying to mock Christians. I won't be surprised if he is not a Christian.

What's all this nonsense about offering. No one can force me to give offering. I give what I can afford, and even if i have in excess it is still my decision to give or not to give.
After all God gave me the money so why does he want it back? Just come out clean and tell us the pastor needs some money to run the church, that will make more sense than saying we should give to God.
Big churches hardly donate to small church of God and when they do its done at will.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by chukzyfcbb: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
lool, naira landers dey vex o. so this offering thing dey pain una like this. na why social media good o. At least people get to voice out their frustrations , not faking cheerful givers in the midst of Christians,lol
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Ishilove: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

One can buy food and medicine when sick from his meagre wage since the church has failed in its responsibilities of looking after the needy ones in their midst.

to the contrary, it is your own mentality that needs to change.

how on earth did you suggest that someone who earns just 18k to part with 4k as offering (1k per Sunday for 4 Sundays).

You come off as one who is already enriching yourself from the proceeds of offerings made by church members.
Hahaha. Don't you know you are arguing with someone still being fed by his parents? He is also a notorious troll

3 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by sharpwriter(m): 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Who made you a judge over your brethren's earnings. Who are you to set the standard of N1000 offering for all? it's people like you that have complicated Christianity with your man made doctrines in these days. Agreed, it's good to give the Lord richly, but are fingers the same? Do we have the same faith, understanding and maturity in the Lord's things? So keep quiet and leave conviction for the Spirit of God, stop breeding guilt and fear among inexperienced souls. Face and worship your God in peace.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by oshemus: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
lool, naira landers dey vex o. so this offering thing dey pain una like this. na why social media good o. At least people get to voice out their frustrations , not faking cheerful givers in the midst of Christians,lol

The OP is an anti christ. Just imagine the rubbish.
Pastors will peach their opinion and gullible people will think it's the gospel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If Evolution Was Untrue. / Names Of 'seeds' & 'offerings' Used In Extorting Money In Churches / Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.