Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,559 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! (3693 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / Professor Bose Afolabi Wins $2.5 Million Bill Gates Grant / UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Ugosample(m): 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
thoollz:
One thing I want d op to understand is that some people can be comfortable being neymar kind of rich while others would want to attain bill gate's wealth. As someone rightly stated above, I don't think education has/had a part to play in bill gate's case because idea and determination brings forth success. Neymar is still young and if he's financially wise, he can still get to where bill is, I love mayweather and Ronaldo's business sense. Take a look at d top10 richest in d world and tell me education has a part to play. Idea and talent is needed bruv.

Thank you very much!
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Mirallas: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
Mightyify:
In summary, EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT BUT MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT. ...SO go get d money
I don't believe so. Education is the most important thing in the world for any fucking body
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Ugosample(m): 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
This article forgot to point out that with financial advisers and a good eye, Neymar can invest his fortune in these companies I.e. be a big time share holder in big companies world wide ( owning 2 million dollars worth of shares in 13 top companies worldwide is 26m dollars, and with the dividends from the portfolio, plus endorsements, he is set for life, making money that 95% of those who even claimed to have "education" will ever see in their life.

My point is there are different roads to success, and formal education is just one of them.
There is talent (Neymar) there's skill (Bill Gates, Oga Mark grin) there's innovation (Starbucks, Uber, etc) And there is also raw entrepreneurship (Dangote, the importers in Nigeria etc)

Many Nigerian parents ruined the lives of their kids by indoctrinating them that formal education is the ONLY way to success, thus beating the skill, talent and innovation out of them.
now they are out what's happening? We all know the answer.

I don't want to say that the article is rubbish, but it is partly rubbish, with a good message

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by twosquare(m): 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2017
What is education? Literacy?
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by twosquare(m): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ugosample:
This article forgot to point out that with financial advisers and a good eye, Neymar can invest his fortune in these companies I.e. be a big time share holder in big companies world wide ( owning 2 million dollars worth of shares in 13 top companies worldwide is 26m dollars, and with the dividends from the portfolio, plus endorsements, he is set for life, making money that 95% of those who even claimed to have "education" will ever see in their life.

My point is there are different roads to success, and formal education is just one of them.
There is talent (Neymar) there's skill (Bill Gates, Oga Mark grin) there's innovation (Starbucks, Uber, etc) And there is also raw entrepreneurship (Dangote, the importers in Nigeria etc)

Many Nigerian parents ruined the lives of their kids by indoctrinating them that formal education is the ONLY way to success, thus beating the skill, talent and innovation out of them.
now they are out what's happening? We all know the answer.

I don't want to say that the article is rubbish, but it is partly rubbish, with a good message
You dey mind op ....his view on education is parochial.
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by alexis007(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
If one isn't diligent enough to cope with school work, I wonder how good he'd be with practical real-life endeavors.

Whatever one's hand finds doing, one ought to do it with all his might. As a student, I aim for the best grades. And when I'm on vacation and helping out in the family's biz, I turn into a shrewd merchant immediately.

A lot of young people out there often claim that academic life is stressful. But trust me, life beyond campus is more tasking. I for one person, grow more fatter and look fresher when I'm at school than at home.

Learn anything...from books to craft. You're a half-baked if you know just books...and you're equally half-baked if all you know is just an art/trade. The perfect educated man is the individual who possess both.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Finally Calls Off Strike / Neco Certificate 2008 Nov/dec. / UDUS Sokoto Gets 1st Ever Female SUG President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.