Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had (626 Views)

Top 6 Phobias Most Nigerians Have / Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism / Eating After 6pm Dangerous To Health - Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had by Caspian22(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
A phobia is an obsessive fear or anxiety about something in particular. We all have certain phobias, even though you might not know it. There is always one activity, action or thing that scares the hell out of us.

There are a lot of phobias people have today, but since I am all about your health. I am writing about the common phobias related to health you really need to know about.
But just before you learn about that, let me briefly and comprehensively explain why we have phobias.

What causes phobias?

Phobias are mainly caused by past events or experiences that trigger fear. The amygdala in the brain records any strong emotional action that you experience. So, if at first you experience a situation or thing that triggers fear, the amygdala causes you to have a fear reaction that occurs anytime you encounter a similar experience, situation or thing. Even by just mere thinking the fear reaction begins. Some phobias are also genetic. Now let's move on.

1. Trypanophobia - This is the fear of needles or injections. About 20% of people on...
Read more:

http://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2016/09/10-phobias-related-to-health-you-didn.html?m=0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had by Caspian22(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2017
Please mods move to the home page
Re: 10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had by GloriaNinja(f): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
undecided EVERY GIRL IS MENOPHOBIC.

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had by Caspian22(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided EVERY GIRL IS MENOPHOBIC.
Lol, Sorry.
Re: 10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had by Carlos122(m): 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
I have 1,4, 8 and 10 chai!!

mods move to front page, let me find out your phobias.
Re: 10 Strange Phobias Related To Health You Never Knew You Had by GloriaNinja(f): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2017
Caspian22:
Lol, Sorry.
why are you sorry?

(1) (Reply)

Guaranteed Cure For Staph Aureus Infection / Top 10 Best Workout Apps For Android / Herbal Supplements For Hepatitis B And C (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.