Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette (3438 Views)

BREAKING: Atiku’s Witness Admits Paying N10,000 To Soldiers During Election / It Doesn't Take Decades To Fight Corruption, Rwandan President Tells Buhari / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by SmartchoicesNG: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
Abuja – Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has openly declared his intention to contest the 2019 presidency.

He, however, did not disclosed the political platform to be used in achieving the aim.

But the former number two man expressed his willingness and preparedness to fight corruption which he said he will do far better than the current administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Adamawa born politician who has been in the eye of the storm following the open declaration of support and loyalty to him by the Minister of Women Affairs, Hajia Aisha Alhassan, has also challenged everyone who has referred to him as corrupt to come out with evidences to prove their allegations against him or keep quiet for ever.

The intention of the former Vice President was made public on Monday in a statement by his media office, written as response to the allegations of corruption being levelled against him by some persons, especially, those who are supporting president Buhari.

According to the statement, the desire of the former Vice President to provide better leadership for the country was made while on an inspection tour of the new ultra-modern Yaliam Press Limited in Jabi area of Abuja on Monday.

“It is sickening to continue to regurgitate allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office” he said while condemning those who kept referring to him as corrupt without proving it.

He added that people who have no initiative, personal resourcefulness and ideas about wealth creation, always assume that a man cannot build himself without stealing.

According to him, “People who are bereft of ideas about entrepreneurial spirit always think that everyone else is a thief just like them.”

He added that it is morally offensive for people who despise honest labour to become judges in the courts of public opinion.

The Waziri Adamawa explained that though he has not been convicted of corruption by any court in the land or elsewhere, his political enemies have been parading a fake morality to fool gullible Nigerians.

“Despite previous desperate efforts to link me with corruption, the William Jefferson trial in the United States ended in 2009 without indicting me or linking me to corrupt activities,” he said.

Atiku, who was responding to the welcome address by the Chairman/CEO of Yaliam Press Limited, Yahaya Ali Amfani, recalled that he had pasted a reminder at his bed rest during his training as a Custom Officer that he (Atiku) would retire from any agency if he had not attained the headship of the place at the age of 40.

Atiku said that he was only able to attain the position of Deputy Director before his exit in 1989 to chart a career in business.

He was quoted as informing the management and staff of Yaliam Press that he retired from the Customs Service with untainted record, and that if anybody has evidence that he stole a kobo at the Customs or during his tenure as vice president, such accusers should come forward or file a petition against him.

Atiku said he didn’t become a Vice President in 1999 as a pauper because he has been a successful investor throughout his retirement life.

“If Atiku is a thief merely because of his resourcefulness and successful investments, my political enemies should tell Nigerians the sources of their own stupendous wealth,” he added.

He charged the management and staff of the company to manifest the values of honesty, hard work and diligence, attributes, he said stood him in good stead during his years as a public servant and entrepreneur.

Subtly declaring his interest in the 2019 presidency, the former Vice President said he is well equipped to fight corruption because of his vast experiences both in the public and private sectors and his ability to build a team capable of accomplishing the task.

“I will shock everyone because I believe that I will fight corruption like never before,” he said.

http://independent.ng/atiku-declares-for-2019-presidency/
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by dat9jaguy(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
OBJ over to you.

For me........

Sai Buhari cool

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by 989900: 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
Shots fired!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by PatriotTemidayo: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
Atiku just started his campaign on wrong foot.

Using anti-corruption as campaign strategy is a dead-end.

Nigerians have no interest on the issue of corruption, they've been deceived with that cliché for too long that they see even the loudest crusader of anti-corruption as a noise-monger, and sometimes more corrupt.

He should tell us what he will do differently.

To be more precise, he's an epitome of corruption, but I'll still vote for him if he's got developmental plans that beat the opponents. We don tire to dey hear "fight corruption".

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by Omeokachie: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2017
Whilst I will never vote for Atiku, one thing no one can take away from him is his open confession and desire to be president.

This is quite different from all the ones we have had who always claim to have been pressured and begged into doing us the favour of ruling us.

When a man thinks he is doing you a favour, what makes you think he will bend over backwards in doing his job?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2017

I cant and will never support or vote for atiku.

Atiku becoming president will be the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
He is wasting his time

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by martooski(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2017
He has my support for now, but if a better candidate emerge then thats it
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by jpphilips(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
Thieves don't fight corruption, however, if Atiku is serious, he can visit the US for starters then the spirit of Jefferson will fight corruption on his destiny, utobo!!

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by adem30: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
Markafi said PDP will fight Corruption better than Buhari government.

Atiku said He will fight Corruption better than Buhari government.

Definitely Buhari is truly fighting corruption and his enemies knows, they only desive their gullible.

Kudos to Buhari & Osibanjo

12 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by swagagolic01(m): 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
In 2019 I will vote Atiku...

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by ojobekehinde: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2017
Evaberry:

I cant and will never support or vote for atiku.

Atiku becoming president will be the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.
To happen to you.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by uwa1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hmmm... Atiku..... Is it Nigeria u want to buy this time around....
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by CriticMaestro: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
His corrupt past will always affect him, aside that, he is better than most of this northern goat...the dude gat initiative

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by rinzaugustine: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
He is contesting with his own money.With the blockage of funds in nigeria now by buhari,how many politicians outside government can contest governorship not to talk of presidential elections with the own funds now.I believe the era of voting and expecting to improve our economy people who had never ran a barbing salon business successfully in their lives is over

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by MaziOmenuko: 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
Lol....Atiku presidency is dead on arrival. Old things have passed away...I will personally campaign vigorously against the cesspit we were coming from which Atiku is part of. If you forgot anything at aso rocn, kindly tell us to way-bill it for you. Your ambition is dead on arrival.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by SalamRushdie: 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2017
In the event of no other candidate for now I totally declare for ATIKU ABUBAKAR even though I have in the past been his vehement opponent but today is its this incompetent Buhari Vs Atiku me and my generation would gladly go for ATIKU ..Because of Buhari Atiku is now Electable

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by SalamRushdie: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
CriticMaestro:
His corrupt past will always affect him, aside that, he is better than most of this northern goat...the dude gat initiative

Where was he corrupt and who is not corrupt in Nigeria today , abeg this story of corruption is dead this time if Buhari dares contest

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by digoster(m): 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
Atiku may be heading to aso rock in 2019 if he plays his card very well

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by Paperwhite(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
"Fight what" grin grin cheesy Though Atiku was corrupt Nigeria might have fared better under him being highly enterprising unlike Buhari that never developed himself or established humanitarian ventures.That said, divide or disintegrate this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
Atiku fighting corruption is very funny..
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by policy12: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
..but he must do medical test. I don't want to hear story that dt touches d heart.
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by MORNDEW(m): 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
As in Atiku to fight corruption? And there are people who will support him? And tomorrow these same people will tell you they don't want the old ones simply because it's Buhari.
May some of you never be so confused in life.
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2017
Every Nigerian politrickcian out there wants to fight corruption. If you ask me,it is the lack of sincerity on their part that is most annoying. Tell me,my friends,can a man making mad profit from a good business put an end to it? IMPOSSIBLE. That man should tell us something new please. Even the broom strong as it is has not been able to sweep away corruption. No major convictions,no bloody nothing. I am fed up with these deceitful old politicians and their ancient promises.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by SalamRushdie: 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
Want we don't want to hear again is a candidate that wants to fight corruption, we want a man that has vision

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by surgical: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
Atiku just started his campaign on wrong foot.

Using anti-corruption as campaign strategy is a dead-end.

Nigerians have no interest on the issue of corruption, they've been deceived with that cliché for too long that they see even the loudest crusader of anti-corruption as a noise-monger, and sometimes more corrupt.

He should tell us what he will do differently.

To be more precise, he's an epitome of corruption, but I'll still vote for him if he's got developmental plans that beat the opponents. We don tire to dey hear "fight corruption".

I hope those that have his ears can get this to him, cause that's what he needs now, you have said everything.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by surgical: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
Atiku fighting corruption is very funny..
it takes a thief to catch a thief, if thief catching is what you want and you belief atiku is a thief, then atiku is who you need except you have other reasons.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by AK481(m): 1:26am On Sep 12, 2017
I will vote for someone who can generate business for Nigeria and close deal. I will vote for a detribalized Nigeria the one who will love all ethnic groups equally and give equal opportunity for me to grow based on the content of my character and not my tribe.

I will vote for atiku abubakar, one who can expose the satanic darkness of obasanjo

As a youth leader and an influencer,i will mobilize my entire local govt to vote for atiku, Insha Allah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by Chiidi(m): 2:17am On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by Ratello: 3:15am On Sep 12, 2017
One has declared his ambition openly today where are the others. Buhari needs to go and rest now.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by Sall(m): 3:59am On Sep 12, 2017
Restructured Nigeria is what we want, not some old cargoes who pretend to be holier than all.
Re: Breaking: Atiku Declares For 2019 Presidency, Promises To Fight Corruption Bette by cjrane: 4:50am On Sep 12, 2017
He very likely to win if true and fair election happens in 2019 and if he carefully chooses a running mate

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Caught On Camera Sharing Money To Crowd Of People / Twitter User Shows How To Confirm Tinubu Cocaine And Heroine Cartel Case In USA / BREAKING: IGP Alkali Booed On Arrival In Lagos (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.