Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor (3310 Views)

I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo / Fayose To Dino: ‘Political Hushpuppi’ Who Teamed Up To Enthrone Calamity In 2015 / Governor Obiano, Catholic Church Want To Take Our Land - Anglicans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ctorch: 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ahead of the 2021 governorship election in Anambra State, Anglicans Churches, Pentecostals and other Charismatic groups are ganging up to enthrone Governor Willie Obiano’s replacement.

They declared that Anambra is not a private enterprise that one Church will always dominate

The declaration was made on Thursday by Bishop Emma C Obiorah of the Life of Faith Gospel Assembly, Nkwelle Ezunaka in Oyi local government area

It was during the Christo Feast Anniversary celebration of the Church, which attracted many dignitaries from the state, including one of the governorship contestants, Chido Nwankwo.

Obiorah said they were looking for anybody ready to deliver Anambra State from its present condition.

According to him: “Every body keeps complaining that President Muhammadu Buhari and the APC government are not doing well, what have you done in your own area like this state?

“I’m calling on Anglicans, Pentecostals and other Charisma groups to come together to support who will take us to the promised land.

“There are people today who believe the wealth of Anambra State is their own .Anambra is not a private enterprise, any government that is not of God will collapse ”

“One group can not continue to rule our state. A particular denomination feels they own the state and that is not of God ”

“We want to unite to fight that, it is injustice and unholy in the state. I train politicians. We should embrace the word of God ”

He statee that the journey for 2021 in Anambra state had started already.

https://thenationonlineng.net/anambra-2021-anglicans-pentecostals-team-up-to-enthrone-obianos-successor/?fbclid=IwAR3TjoJXWezNW7UnW-yki0OaJb0-prFetN3pgXiuHczsp9IAZXfwhHP2Q_Y

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 3:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Though the Bishop speaking is not an ordained one but he is right.

Well, we know Obiano won't be fielding a Roman catholic as his successor unless he has full arsenal to embark on such.

But if he tries that, I will only advise APC to field an Anglican candidate and leave the rest for the church, the priest, the Bishops and the Archbishops.

No need going to campaign ground. Na church the campaign go finish.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by warripekin(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Silly move. Catholics are more in Anambra state but should that really be an issue. How will that transform to good governance?

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
warripekin:
Silly move. Catholics are more in Anambra state but should that really be an issue. How will that transform to good governance?

Who told you such rubbish?

Stop exhibiting Ignorance because catholic can't win anything on their own.

Obiano knows better than you do.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
grin grin grin grin Roman catholics make up at least 70% of Anambra voters so pentecostal teeming with babalawos wont do much.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ndibunna:

Who told you such rubbish?

Stop exhibiting Ignorance because catholic can't win anything on their own.

Obiano knows better than you do.

please dont be stupid.If the votes are to be decided on religious basis then protestants do not stand a chance against catholics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

please dont be stupid.If the votes are to be decided on religious basis then protestants do not stand a chance against catholics

Not all trolls deserves reply.

Only situation deserves.

Telling me what I know more than you and expecting reply is like encouraging propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by UAE123(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Misplace priority, instead of fighting for the election of a competent & hard working person as a Governor, they are busy fighting over definitions. Where other denominations prevented from contesting for the position of Governor in Anambra state by the Catholic Church? or where they force to vote him as Governor. His the Governor doing well or not?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ndibunna:

Not all trolls deserves reply.

Only situation deserves.

Telling me what I know more than you and expecting reply is like encouraging propaganda.
you know more than me? are you kidding me? Do I look like someone from Osun state? Some towns in Anambra including mine are almost 100% catholic.Please quit been stupid.Its too early in 2020

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

you know more than me? are you kidding me? Do I look like someone from Osun state? Some towns in Anambra including mine are almost 100% catholic.Please quit been stupid.Its too early in 2020

Alright noted.

Not only 100% but 150%.

Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
Any politiciuan who wakes up and says he wants to fight the catholic church in either of Anambra,Enugu and Imo states is committing political suicide.These states are overwhelmingly catholic.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ndibunna:

Alright noted.

Not only 100% but 150%.

Lol

okay go ahead and form your protestant coalition.I wish you goodluck
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Osaze007: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
Legendhero , Metaphysical

Did I not say these people are under Catholic subjugation looool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Osaze007: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
The foreign Catholics Cameroon who conquered the indigenous Pentecostal Iboz should let peace rain

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by engrtee(f): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Christian are not united. nooo, let a Muslim rule anambra
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

okay go ahead and form your protestant coalition.I wish you goodluck

You still stressing yourself further.

It is 150% not 100%

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by AtikuNetwork: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
The fight will be brutal. Though I think there are more catholics in Anambra, the rivalry between Anglicans and Catholics in the state is fierce. They (the Catholics and Anglicans) don't even marry one another from what I heard.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Stanweezy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
If election should tow the line of Catholic against Anglican and protestant combine, hmmm na em be say catholic will continue to rule Anambra.

In my compound alone we get two catholic priest one is my Dad brother and the other from distant uncle. You can imagine other villages in Anambra.

I can remember when I was small women used that word "Nne father to brag" b4 u know it other families want their son to be Rev. Father too and Rev. Father come dey every where.

Even my school days in Anambra, it was as if the whole student na Catholic bkus every Sunday, crowd that leaves church is always massive.

Is better they practice Politics and pick a competent person than to use religion to determine next governor

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stanweezy:
If election should tow the line of Catholic against Anglican and protestant combine, hmmm na em be say catholic will continue to rule Anambra, in my my compound we get two catholic priest one is my Dad brother and u can imagine other villages in Anambra. I can remember when I was small women used that word "Nne father to brag

So because your family has two priest others doesn't have Rev and the rest.

Sense is not easy and common.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
All my anambra friends are catholic, Anglicans and their pot belly bishops should go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
Drobitol:
All my anambra friends are catholic, Anglicans and their pot belly bishops should go and sit down.

Nne you look so beautiful this 2020...
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
We are united in Igbo land either catholic or protestant

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by archangel1(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
PaChukwudi44:
Any politiciuan who wakes up and says he wants to fight the catholic church in either of Anambra,Enugu and Imo states is committing political suicide.These states are overwhelmingly catholic.
Naked Truth!
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Rekhina(f): 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
So no more voting base on rotation from anambra south _ north to central ?

A Moslem should rule then grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Anambra is 80% Catholic....if you start this tussle you will never win....nuf said

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stanweezy:
If election should tow the line of Catholic against Anglican and protestant combine, hmmm na em be say catholic will continue to rule Anambra.

In my compound alone we get two catholic priest one is my Dad brother and the other from distant uncle. You can imagine other villages in Anambra.

I can remember when I was small women used that word "Nne father to brag" b4 u know it other families want their son to be Rev. Father too and Rev. Father come dey every where.

Even my school days in Anambra, it was as if the whole student na Catholic bkus every Sunday, crowd that leaves church is always massive.

Is better they practice Politics and pick a competent person than to use religion to determine next governor

Anambra is so rooted into Catholic traditions....its no joke. I used to pray 15 decade all the time with my parents and siblings
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by chy101: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:
Anambra is 80% Catholic....if you start this tussle you will never win....nuf said

Odenigbo it will be safe to say it is 60-40.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
This country is something else. It's no more Christian's and Muslims it's Catholic and Pentecostals. My Igbo brothers wettin dey sup na.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Osaze007: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
CASTOSVILLA:
This country is something else. It's no more Christian's and Muslims it's Catholic and Pentecostals. My Igbo brothers wettin dey sup na.

When I was telling you people there’s Catholic hegemony in Ibo land you thought I was joking

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Height of propaganda and I think next election will define such path...

Though Peter Obi started that Catholic thing...but it will only lead back to old status.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stanweezy:

You went to Catholic seminary school or should I say Catholic controlled school and automatically everybody in anambra state is now Catholic.

What is the Nne father gibberish and voting blocks of Catholic because if such battle is fought Catholic won't win it

Peter Obi started that politics of Catholic because clearly before he assumed power nobody has that mindset. It is always who rules and nobody cares where you from before Obi introduced such Catholic tendencies to an equal population.

Brag of Nne father meaning what? Such language is only inherent to Romans afterall others don't use and if you draw such rubbish conclusion my own uncle retired as an Archdeacon and one currently a Canon. So don't bring up so rubbish.

If you argue further that is to formally prove this un-ordained bishop right.

Maybe Obiano will formally bury apga if he fields another Catholic candidate.

I will urge APC to field Anglican candidate and let everyone take their campaign to the church and see who wins.

Afterall vote won't count but propaganda will.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by LegendHer0: 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Osaze007:
Legendhero , Metaphysical

Did I not say these people are under Catholic subjugation looool

Lol, so the Anglican and Catholic issue is real like this?

So both divide are fighting on who to assume the mantle of leadership?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Former Lagos State Governor Dies Of COVID-19 / Richest African Countries By GDP Per Capita / How The North East May Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.