Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,083 members, 7,845,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Who Does Babapupa Think He's Foolong? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Does Babapupa Think He's Foolong? (1981 Views)

Muslims Have The Right To Kill Any Non-muslim Who Does Not Respect Islam - Imam / What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / The President Has A Ph.D, But I think he has Low IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Does Babapupa Think He's Foolong? by babapupa: 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
kyuubi:

Abiola was a crook who cried foul only after his criminal bed fellow betrayed him. Its an insult to MLK to compare abiola to him.
and how have you reached that conclusion? undecided
you dont know what I have done, are doing or will do, and yet you jump to the conclusion that I am fustrated undecided
I have nothing against trying to make changes, but i will scoff at anyone that suggests that writing letters to a legislator is the way to move Nigeria forward. I will desist when someone provides evidence that such an approach is effective in Nigeria.
Be it Ghana, Peru or South Korea, it doesnt matter. The guy made a categorical statement about how to do things in Nigeria, using evidence from outside Nigeria. Imported does not mean made in USA, but simply means not made in Naija! undecided 

Your take on Abiola is obviously your own version of History. The man did not spend a minute in any court or jail for whatever you scribed. The fact still remains that he died for what he believed in.  You're free to season and roast it our own way, history states otherwise.

I don't get get you, you mean writing letters to elected officials is foreign to Nigeria? Are you for real or you're just joking? Do you know how many letters and emails the governor of lagos state have responded to, including this by a little boy just last week?

http://happylagosian..com/2010/02/schoolboy-gets-governor-fasholas.html

It's Ok if you don't, but you don't have to paint the rest of Nigeria with the same brush.
Re: Who Does Babapupa Think He's Foolong? by kyuubi: 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2010
babapupa:

Your take on Abiola is obviously your own version of History. The man did not spend a minute in any court or jail for whatever you scribed. The fact still remains that he died for what he believed in.  You're free to season and roast it our own way, history states otherwise.
Most of our past corrupt leader have not been charged, talk less of  being found guilty, and that makes them saints? undecided
What I said is not my version of history, as there are documented evidence of corruption starting from the 1975 ITT contract that led to the suspension of Akindele, and the fact that prior to June 12, Abiola and IBB were very close pals.

I don't get get you, you mean writing letters to elected officials is foreign to Nigeria? Are you for real or you're just joking? Do you know how many letters and emails the governor of lagos state have responded to, including this by a little boy just last week?
http://happylagosian..com/2010/02/schoolboy-gets-governor-fasholas.html
It's Ok if you don't, but you don't have to paint the rest of Nigeria with the same brush.
Are you kidding me? So a school boy inviting a governor to his school is your evidence that writing letters will get legislators to act in the best interest of the people  undecided
When you have relevant evidence of the legislator responding positively and effectively to a written letter, we can revist the issue.

BTW there was the recent news of a guy who got flogged by a governor for writing a petition against his office   grin grin grin
Re: Who Does Babapupa Think He's Foolong? by babapupa: 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2010
kyuubi:

Most of our past corrupt leader have not been charged, talk less of  being found guilty, and that makes them saints? undecided
What I said is not my version of history, as there are documented evidence of corruption starting from the 1975 ITT contract that led to the suspension of Akindele, and the fact that prior to June 12, Abiola and IBB were very close pals.
Are you kidding me? So a school boy inviting a governor to his school is your evidence that writing letters will get legislators to act in the best interest of the people  undecided
When you have relevant evidence of the legislator responding positively and effectively to a written letter, we can revist the issue.

BTW there was the recent news of a guy who got flogged by a governor for writing a petition against his office   grin grin grin

Just stating that Abiola spent a day in jail for corruption would have sufficed instead of your tabloid stories, 

Btw, is the little boy not a lagosian and a citizen of Nigeria or reaching the governor for what was dare to his heart  rubbish and inconsequential to you?

The apathy in you is obviously a sad and  shameful perpetual state of mind.
Re: Who Does Babapupa Think He's Foolong? by lastpage: 1:04am On Feb 27, 2010
I hate to be involved in this kind of endless arguments but it is very easy to see and know, when peeps are strategizing and advertising themselves for a contract or government employment position grin

Too many "Chukwumerije" and "Wada Nas" + "Segun Adeniyi", on this nairaland angry sad shocked

"Crying more than the bereaved" is an over-flogged tactics,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True Ade Dosunmu Is Actually Running For Office? / Jonathan Opens The Importation Gate For Igbos: Politics? / Senate Names Oil Subsidy Thieves,adenuga, Tinubu, Dantata, Iheanacho Fingered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.