Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars (3873 Views)

Naija Used Vs Tokunbo Cars In Nigeria Which One Should You Buy? / Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) / How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars by poshpaul: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2017
This is the question; will you prefer to buy a Nigeria

Re: Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 12, 2017
There's only 1 answer.
Foreign used is always a lot better than naija used, this shouldn't even be a topic. A car used for 15 yrs abroad and shipped here will still smell good with clean engine bay and interior. Let that car use 6 months in Nigeria u will see the huge difference. In fact using a car for 10 yrs abroad is equivalent to using it for 1 yr in Nigeria. Main reason is maintenance culture, better roads, better mechanics and use of genuine parts abroad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars by poshpaul: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2017
But there are people as a matter of fact a whole lot of people who have good maintenance culture and drives carefully. I have once met a man who sold out an EOD he got years back and he practically never used the car because there were more than ten (10) more cars in his yard. Moreover not all foreign used cars are good. Last year, I got a car for someone and we later discovered from the documents that the car was brought in new to Nigeria and used rarely by the man that bought it.
Re: Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2017
poshpaul:
But there are people as a matter of fact a whole lot of people who have good maintenance culture and drives carefully. I have once met a man who sold out an EOD he got years back and he practically never used the car because there were more than ten (10) more cars in his yard. Moreover not all foreign used cars are good. Last year, I got a car for someone and we later discovered from the documents that the car was brought in new to Nigeria and used rarely by the man that bought it.

Yes some Nigerians have good manitenance culture but majority are careless. The thing is majority just want their car to drive, they don't care if the abs or check engine light is on or the leg is making some noise, so far the car drives it's ok. There was a time I was in traffic and I was bored so I decided to peep into the dashboard of every car I come across and look and behold, only 1 out of 10 cars don't have disco lights on their dashboard. Some cars are very clean outside but have all warning lights on the dashboard illuminated. Check engine, abs, airbag. In places like the us when cars go for emmision tests these things don't happen. And I don't want to know how much of a careful driver u are, u are going to drive through lots of potholes and bad roads. So a car used for 3 yrs in this country is equivalent to 10-15 yrs in the us.

A 12 yrs old Honda pilot with 140k miles odometer bought from the us will be much more cleaner and drive better than a 5 yr old pilot with lower mileage bought brand new in 2012 in Nigeria. I know some people do take care of their cars in this country but only a few. An oem strut can last 15 yrs in the us but that same strut will hardly survive 5 yrs here. And then when it fails, most people will replace with substandard china strut. Do I blame them? No.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars by MrHenshaw: 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
poshpaul:
I was so disappointed yesterday when I and someone went to get a car and were faced with two options. I tried convincing him but also trying to avoid imposing a car on him.

This is the question; will you prefer to buy a Nigeria used car or a tokunbo car? I will appreciate reasons.

This shouldn't be a question because you know the answer already.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO / How To Identify Fake Drivers Licence / Difference B/W Corolla Altis And Corolla LE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.