Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb (10855 Views)

Poll: Which side's winning this?

Chelsea: 23% (4 votes)
Manchester City: 58% (10 votes)
Neither; they'll draw: 17% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April / Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nixnugo(f): 4:59pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hi guys, check this blog about nollywood out and comment!!!

http://nollyholic..com/
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

Fu/cking humiliation.
Hilario is a disgrace, give us Turnbull.

Your defence was the disgrace.
It was Tevez vs Carvalho + Terry.
How did he manage to score?

Mikel that y'all praised on Wed is a dummy. Just tackle Bellamy.

Drogba was more useless than Mikel today.

CA should never have brought in Sturridge. How can you bring in a rookie like Sturridge when Kalou is on the bench?
As a matter of fact, CA please stop bringing in Sturridge during serious games.

The damage had been done before Sturridge's substitution.
You lacked panache and there was no real creativity.

I see more problems ahead. Surely we shouldn't dream of beating Villa.
It always go wrong at the end of the season for us. Later y'all will say JM was a fluke.

Jose Mourinho's team was better than today's Chelsea.
Onigbinde woulda won the TREBLE with the team Jose had in 2004-2007.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
CA is to blame for making hurried and wrong subs.

I can't fault the full backs for going forward.
That really ain't the reason for the goals.

The center backs should have stayed at home, what was Carvalho doing in front?
If our goalie wasn't so useless today, things would have been different.

All in all, CA takes little blame for the disaster.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by edoyad(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2010
You as$ wires realise that if we beat stoke that the league is almost as good as ours right ? grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by FBS: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Cowardice? Sauron?
Those 2 words can never go hand in hand.
United are 3X Champions. . . . .WIN or LOSS. . . . .There's no God given right that United must be winning it every season.
Your team is desperate to win the league after 3 barren seasons. . . . Why should United fans run away from few bad results?

Chelsea WILL NOT win the league.
There i said it.
Everyone on here will agree that cowardice = Sauron.
Why are you never online each time you get thunked?
Word is that you went to Ipswich immediately after you lost to Everton.  grin  grin
It's was even funnier why ONLY YOU responded to that comment. Did I strike a chord?

The only prediction you got right since inception of NL is your CL match against Inter.
Asides that you have been way OFF target.
You have made zillions of predos and got just one right. What are the chances that this one is also zero? Yeah you that right. 10000000000 - 0.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by tayoccu(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
hmmn! chelsea decimated @ the pottato patch bridge

grin grin grin grin cheesy

BlueDiva:

your team was shyte.  grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by tayoast(m): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

Fu/cking humiliation.

Hilario is a disgrace, give us Turnbull.

Mikel that y'all praised on Wed is a dummy. Just tackle Bellamy.

CA should never have brought in Sturridge. How can you bring in a rookie like Sturridge when Kalou is on the bench?
As a matter of fact, CA please stop bringing in Sturridge during serious games.

I see more problems ahead. Surely we shouldn't dream of beating Villa.
It always go wrong at the end of the season for us. Later y'all will say JM was a fluke.

it amazes me that Hilario's become d second choice goalie. how on earth did this happen??

When w have Ross turnbull who at a point was Middlesbrough's 1st choice.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ask yourself the bolded question again. . .
Where was Ivanovic on Bellamy's first goal?
If he's playing his rightful position, do Citeh score?
If either one of Ivanovic or Malouda was in the full-back position, does Tevez score the first goal?

And that's why I told you 3 of the goals we conceded were not from the advancing full backs.
Yes if Ivanovic was there he may not have scored. . which is the downside of the formation.

However, the question remains, Was that why we lost? and the honest answer is . . . NO! That's not why.
So why blame the formation. . ?

Go and review Diego Milito's goal again, and you see similarities. . . in that one, Ivanovic was in his position, but the supposed right-winger (Anelka) was not in his position and allowed Zanetti to create the overload that caused the goal.

At least it wasn't caused by the advancing full back.
That is to tell you that we could have the full back there and still concede. . Why not take a chance. ?
And so far only about 10% of conceded have been as a result of advancing full backs.
On the flip side, we have scored bucket loads of goals.

What I am trying to make you see is that the Scolari/Carlotti formation and style of play is brittle. . . you are liable to win 5-0, and you are also liable to lose 1-0 or 2-0 on several occassions. . . this is not a league-winning  formation/style of play.

The formation is not brittle and I have proved that to you time and again. . .
Carllotti's undoing has been his failure to tackle the set-piece problem once and for all. . .
Take away all the goals we conceded from set-pieces and we will be on top league by at least 15 points. . .
Now tell me is that because of the advancing full back problem? . . . No! . . . Set-pieces have been our let down.
Clear as day. .

So I don't see what you talking about.

Manure are better than us, and they dont have better players than us. . . . if Ronaldo was here, we would be 7 or 8 points behind.
I hope you know that both Grant and Hiddink only lost once in their Premier League careers with Chelsea.
If we had either them or Jose now, I can guarantee we would be 7 points clear.

I am not buying this bullsh-it . . If ManU are better than us, How have we led them for 90% of the season.
If Ronaldo was with Chelsea by how many points would Utd be behind. . .
Oh suddenly you see that players can make a difference. . . and you tell me not to blame the players. .

Why was Jose not leading the table just before his before his sack. . If he was left to stay, it could have been his most disastrous season with Chelsea.
Roman did him a favour . . and if he had stayed, he won't have won the league in that season. . What's to say he will now?

With Grant and Hiddink, they enjoyed the renewed spirit players always have with a new manager . .
A new atmosphere and everyone trying to impress. . . They haven't started a season with the players and gone season long. . So it is irrelevant to compare.

Also it is pretty silly to compare (and we have done this before) players from 2 years ago till now.

There is nothing wrong with Carllotti and his tactics. . . If Carllotti has Essein, Bosingwa, Ashley, Zhirkov and Cech all fit we will not be where we are now.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
Your defence was the disgrace.
It was Tevez vs Carvalho + Terry.
How did he manage to score?

Granted, the center backs messed up.
What was Hilly doing?
That goal would never beat Cech.

Drogba was more useless than Mikel today.

He had a bad day. It happens.

The damage had been done before Sturridge's substitution.
You lacked panache and there was no real creativity.

What damage?
We were just a goal down.

DS is not a player that can influence games. Kalou stands a better chance.
Why did he remove Carvalho ?

ose Mourinho's team was better than today's Chelsea.
Onigbinde woulda won the TREBLE with the team Jose had in 2004-2007.

Not necessarily.
JM would have won things with this team too.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by FBS: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

With Grant and Hiddink, they enjoyed the renewed spirit players always have with a new manager . .
A new atmosphere and everyone trying to impress. . . They haven't started a season with the players and gone season long. . So it is irrelevant to compare.
You got that right.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

This is untrue . . What subs would you have made and how would you have made them?
It's not enough to say Carllotti made wrong subs. . . What subs were wrong?

I also cannot understand what you mean by rush. . . We were 2 goals down and he brought 2 strikers on. .
If he went on to win the game you would have called him a genius. . .

If Belletti and Ballack were not such utter idio-ts, we would have at least drawn the game because we attacked to the last minute even with 9 men.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
FBS:

Everyone on here will agree that cowardice = Sauron.

That is because those "everyone" and you are flaming retards!

Why are you never online each time you get thunked?

I was here when we lost to Chelsea and Liverpool.
The other matches i missed em because i don't sit around on the net 24/7 like a paraplegic which you are.

Word is that you went to Ipswich immediately after you lost to Everton.  grin  grin
It's was even funnier why ONLY YOU responded to that comment. Did I strike a chord?

U replied me directly. . . . .I don't joke with ma username especially when brainless, spineless renties dweebs are concerned.
United fans have nothing to lose this season if they finish TROPHYLESS. The glory of the last 3 seasons covers all United fans on NL.
London clubs are the ones desperate to lift the EPL title and y'all are a disgrace to English football.

The only prediction you got right since inception of NL is your CL match against Inter.
Asides that you have been way OFF target.
You have made zillions of predos and got just one right. What are the chances that this one is also zero? Yeah you that right. 10000000000 - 0.  

I have predicted the destination of the premiership in the last 3 seasons and it came to pass.
Nateevs will educate you more on that cos obviously, you are a newbie.
Chelsea are shyte. . . .Old age is creeping up on you losers. . . . .There's no confidence in your gameplay and JT is a shadow of himself.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by A40(m): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Ibime
To be honest the wigga was too eager i can only guess he was trying to re-enact 07's comeback against the Spurs in the FA cup and went ahead to shoot some dice with those subs. He missed out three important points

1. Chelsea where a younger and stronger side then
2. Tottenham was weaker compared to this Man City team
3. Y'all had a midfield henchman/mafioso in Makalele who played his position (If i recall i think he played that game)

Sturridge had no biz in that game! He could have moved Malouda forward and played with 3 CB's! Belletti and Ballack in front of the D and the rest of the attack picks itself that way y'all woulda been able to push for goals and still keep shape at the back
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by FBS: 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

That is because "those" everyone including you is a retard!
What an i.diot you are.

~Sauron~:

I was here when we lost to Chelsea and Liverpool.
The other matches i missed em because i don't sit around on the net 24/7 like a paraplegic like you.
Now clap for yourself. Ph.ucking slowpoke.

~Sauron~:

U replied me directly. . . . .I don't joke with ma username especially when brainless, spineless renties dweebs are concerned.
Bloody liar. You responded to mine first. I made no mention of your username (or any other for that matter) until you responded.
Yes I said it, I struck a bleeding chord. Coward = Sauron.
Now go jump inside River Thames.

~Sauron~:

I have predicted the destination of the premiership in the last 3 seasons and it came to pass.
Nateevs will educate you more on that cos obviously, you are a newbie.
Chelsea are shyte. . . .Old age is creeping up on you losers. . . . .There's no confidence in your gameplay and JT is a shadow of himself.
ta ta.
Even Yaradua will agree that JT is a shadow of himself. It's a no-brainer.
But what makes you think that will not change.
I'm a newbie? Don't be silly.  grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

DS is not a player that can influence games. Kalou stands a better chance.
Why did he remove Carlvaho?

Not necessarily.
JM would have won things with this team too.

If Carllotti did not bring DS in, who should he have brought in?
We can't act like we don't watch Chelsea all season. . .
How many times have we watch Chelsea calling for the head of Kalou. . He is a below average player. .
And today DS had more influence on the game than Kalou . . . and has done so many times this season. .
Are you saying this becos we lost?

He also took out Carvalho and moved Belletti to CB. . . Nothing wrong with that. .
That way Belletti's attacking instinct can be employed on the right while we still have a proper centre back in Ivanovic. .
Belletti can cross better on the right and shoot on goal. .
Plus if we have a set-piece Ivanovic is more of a goal threat than Carvalho. . . It was perfect tactics up until Belletti made a foolish decision. .

As if that was not enough Ballack of all experienced players launched at a player causing no danger when he knew he was on a yellow card. .
How is that Carllotti's fault . . ?
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Ibime(m): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

And that's why I told you 3 of the goals we conceded were not from the advancing full backs.
Yes if Ivanovic was there he may not have scored. . which is the downside of the formation.

Dont be silly. . . is that not the goal that put Citeh in front? Is that not the goal that LOST the game for us and forced Ancelotti to make a raft of silly substitutions that totally unbalanced our team?

nateevs:

And so far only about 10% of conceded have been as a result of advancing full backs.

This is pure rubbish. . . 65% of our goals have come from set-pieces. . . at least 20-25% of the others have come from counterattacks.

Ask youself this question. . . if Chelsea are playing Barca tomorrow, dont you expect a silly manager like Ancelotti to give Zhirkov the licence to attack despite the presence of Messi?

This just buttresses my point that great managers adapt to any situation, whilst brittle managers play the same style regardless of the opposition.

nateevs:

This is rubbish. . . Grant played almost a whole season (except 5 or 6 games). . . and we all know that both players and fans alike disliked and opposed Grant. . . Grant DID NOT ENJOY ANY RENEWED SPIRIT. . .  the opposite was the case.

Yet Grant only lost one game.

Avram Grant is better for Chelsea than Ancelotti!!!
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by chic2pimp(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
I can't help but feel had Jose been incharge of this team, y'all would be 10 points ahead of your nearest rival undecided.
Carlo is more adept in managing champions league winning teams than he is in managing league title winning teams.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

This is untrue . . What subs would you have made and how would you have made them?
It's not enough to say Carllotti made wrong subs. . . What subs were wrong?

I also cannot understand what you mean by rush. . . We were 2 goals down and he brought 2 strikers on. .
If he went on to win the game you would have called him a genius. . .

If Belletti and Ballack were not such utter idio-ts, we would have at least drawn the game because we attacked to the last minute even with 9 men.

Why did DS come in?
You def know he has little influence on games, be honest.
Kalou woulda made a better impact. DS is a rookie fit for the FA cup only.

Kalou would have come on for Mikel.
Carvalho should never have gone off, what for?
We are short of natural defenders and you take him off?

IMO, all we needed was to bring in Kalou for Mikel
Belletti for Cole.

I wouldn't be hard on Ballack.
Mikel should have done that to Bellemy and gotten a red. That would have been better for us all.

Belletti would never have made that challenge if Carvalho was still on.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by chelseabmw(m): 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2010
am laughing at of frustration grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
Sturridge had no biz in that game! He could have moved Malouda forward and played with 3 CB's! Belletti and Ballack in front of the D and the rest of the attack picks itself that way y'all woulda been able to push for goals and still keep shape at the back

I owe you a bucket of Haagen Dazs.

CA panicked and did the wrong thing.

DS does not have what it takes to change a game.
Belletti would have played LB why Malouda moves front and reinforces the attack.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by FBS: 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2010
Emotions running high. . .you all have very VALID points.

We will get this right. And we have to.
It will be a shame if we don't and allow MU to win the league.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
Dont be silly. . . is that not the goal that put Citeh in front? Is that not the goal that LOST the game for us and forced Ancelotti to make a raft of silly substitutions that totally unbalanced our team?

Like you said that's the goal that put them ahead. . but that's not the goal that won them the game.
We are talking about games lost not goals conceded.

And Carllotti did not make raft subs. . I wonder where you guys get all these info. .
Before that red card to Belletti, the team shaped up like this in defence. . .

----------------Hilario---------------

Belletti---Ivanovic--Terry---Malouda

Ballack

How is this unbalanced. . . . That is a prefect tactical change. . . The same formation we would have played if Mikel and CArv were injured. . .
Why are you guys just wanting to blame. .?That's all I see. .

I am absolutely disgusted that no one is chastising Belletti and Ballack for their stupid challenges. . and everyone is going on about Carllotii. .
If we had Belletti and Ballack on the pitch we woul d have left with all 3 points from 1-2 down.

is is pure rubbish. . . 65% of our goals have come from set-pieces. . . at least 20-25% of the others have come from counterattacks.
Ask youself this question. . . if Chelsea are playing Barca tomorrow, dont you expect a silly manager like Ancelotti to give Zhirkov the licence to attack despite the presence of Messi?
This just buttresses my point that great managers adapt to any situation, whilst brittle managers play the same style regardless of the opposition.

I will go and review every single PL match now and I will give you the exact % of goals conceded from counter attacks and how many of them have caused us to drop points and I will come back to you . .
I will prefer to allow Zhirkov go gung ho against Barca and perhaps force them back and hope we get 3 away goals against a poor defensive Barca than sit 11 men behind the ball for 90mins . . . kill football and create a bad image like we did last season. .
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2010
FBS:

What an i.diot you are.

It seems there's a phallus swimming in your cranium.

Now clap for yourself. Ph.ucking slowpoke.

Don't take your frustrations out on me. My name is not Craig Bellamy.
If you are this pissed, go and play 5-a-side with your limp cock. grin

Bloody liar. You responded to mine first. I made no mention of your username (or any other for that matter) until you responded.
Yes I said it, I struck a bleeding chord. Coward = Sauron.
Now go jump inside River Thames.

You are the coward. . . . .The retard we see constantly on NL because Chelsea are on top.
The cookie is about to crumble now and i can see you bleating like a nanny-goat with menstrual cramps. grin

Even Yaradua will agree that JT is a shadow of himself. It's a no-brainer.
But what makes you think that will not change.
I'm a newbie? Don't be silly.  grin

Nothing will change with this Chelsea. . . . .John Terry's cock has landed Chelsea fans in big trouble.

chic2pimp:

I can't help but feel had Jose been incharge of this team, y'all would be 10 points ahead of your nearest rival undecided.
Carlo is more adept in managing champions league winning teams than he is in managing league title winning teams.

I disagree. . . . . .Jose wouldn't have done squat with this team.
Jose's Chelsea were 4-5 years younger than what we have today.
Cech, Terry, Carvalho, Lampard, Drogba, Essien and Joe Cole under Jose were on top of their schitznit. . . They are OLDER now.
Y'all should factor AGE in your spastic analysis.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by tayoast(m): 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2010
looks like d team fu.cked things up big tym,

and i tot i was missing an eventful victory, not knowing i saved myself of a much heavier frustration
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

CA panicked and did the wrong thing.

DS does not have what it takes to change a game.
Belletti would have played LB why Malouda moves front and reinforces the attack.

BlueDiva:

Why did DS come in?

Belletti for Cole.

Mikel should have done that to Bellemy and gotten a red. That would have been better for us all.

Ibime:

This is pure rubbish. . . 65% of our goals have come from set-pieces. . . at least 20-25% of the others have come from counterattacks.

Yet Grant only lost one game.

Avram Grant is better for Chelsea than Ancelotti!!!

Funny, every Nigerian is a potential Technical Adviser without resumes.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2010
tayo_ast:

looks like d team fu.cked things up big tym,

and i tot i was missing an eventful victory, not knowing i saved myself of a much heavier frustration

Even Roman knows the title is LOST. grin

Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

I will prefer to allow Zhirkov go gung ho against Barca and perhaps force them back and hope we get 3 away goals against a poor defensive Barca than sit 11 men behind the ball for 90mins . . . kill football and create a bad image like we did last season. .

And they will promptly give us the same treatment they gave to Bayern Munich last season.  grin grin grin

I hope you remember that Maicon is also an attacking fullback/ pseudo-winger. . . yet when you see Inter playing in Champions League, Mourinho does not allow Maicon to go forward any and anyhow. . . even Patrice Evra goes purely defensive when Manure is playing Barca, or even Chelsea. . . Great managers adapt to the opposition, silly managers insist on playing the same way all the time.

Anyway, you agree that Ancelotti plays the same style/formation as Scolari. . . thats enough for me. . . one was a failure. . . the other will be.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

Why did DS come in?

Belletti for Cole.

DS came in because just when we needed 3 points against Fulham, he came in and created 2 goals in a match that was already lost.
At least Kalou was in the game. . If he was such a game changer why did he not change the game. He did even make a single shot on goal and never crossed the ball to anyone despite playing against Richards.

How many matches has Kalou changed this season? This is just a plot to find someone to blame.

We did not lose the game because Carv went off. . We had more than enough defensive cover in Ivanovic and Terry. .
If we showed up at 12.45 pm today with a defensive line up of Belletti, Ivanovic, Terry, Malouda, would you write the game off even before we kick a ball?
So aw come it's a rash decision. . . I can't believe the way we Chelsea fans have this blame culture.

Are you actually suggesting that Belletti made that challenge becos Carv was not playing ?
So if Carv was injured and Ivanovic and Belletti played together you would have predicted a penalty and a red card because Carv did not play?

What sort of gist is this?
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by tayoast(m): 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Even Roman knows the title is LOST. grin

indeed and look who's talkin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ibime:

And they will promptly give us the same treatment they gave to Bayern Munich last season.  grin grin grin

I hope you remember that Maicon is also an attacking fullback/ pseudo-winger. . . yet when you see Inter playing in Champions League, Mourinho does not allow Maicon to go forward any and anyhow. . . even Patrice Evra goes purely defensive when Manure is playing Barca, or even Chelsea. . . Great managers adapt to the opposition, silly managers insist on playing the same way all the time.

Anyway, you agree that Ancelotti plays the same style/formation as Scolari. . . thats enough for me. . . one was a failure. . . the other will be.

So why didn't JM win the CL with Chelsea then since his tactics did not involve advancing full backs.
You are saying the same thing. . . We have conceded far less goals as a result of advancing full backs than you are making it seem.

Would you wait till we play Messi and see what happens? When Carllotti was playing without width you blamed him. Now he is playing with width you blame him . . . If he decides not to play with advancing full backs tomorrow, there will be something you take up again.

This is absolute garbage.

Scolari employed attacking full backs but passed endlessly and never created goals.
Carllotti's formation scores goals and by scoring goals, you win games. . . That's a big difference between them.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 5:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

DS came in because just when we needed 3 points against Fulham, he came in and created 2 goals in a match that was already lost.
At least Kalou was in the game. . If he was such a game changer why did he not change the game. He did even make a single shot on goal and never crossed the ball to anyone despite playing against Richards.

How many matches has Kalou changed this season? This is just a plot to find someone to blame.

We did not lose the game because Carv went off. . We had more than enough defensive cover in Ivanovic and Terry. .
If we showed up at 12.45 am today with a defensive line up of Belletti, Ivanovic, Terry, Malouda, would you write the game off even before we kick a ball?
So aw come it's a rash decision. . . I can't believe the way we Chelsea fans have this blame culture.

Are you actually suggesting that Belletti made that challenge becos Carv was not playing ?
So if Carv was injured and Ivanovic and Belletti played together you would have predicted a penalty and a red card because Carv did not play?

In all honesty, until Tevez's 1st goal in the 45th min, Citeh offered nothing upfront which means CA's plans shoulda worked.
Mikel Obi should take the blame for the first goal cos he headed backwards without any pressure whatsoever.
The ball fell to Tevez who still had to beat Carvalho and Terry and Hilario. . . . How he managed to score should be questioned by Chelski fans.

Obviously, Chelsea missed their full backs and Essien but the team out there was still decent enough to have copped a victory.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

If we showed up at 12.45 am today with a defensive line up of Belletti, Ivanovic, Terry, Malouda, would you write the game off even before we kick a ball?

DS ain't sh/it abeg.
Who the f is DS? Because he's scored in every FA cup game?
Maybe he helped against Fulham, this is City, a serious club.

Kalou didn't play badly today.
He's impact was more than that of your DS.

If Belletti was deployed to the LB, we wouldn't be talking of that challenge. . . cheesy

Get me right my dear, CA ain't a bad manager at all !!!

He just panicked and made the wrong subs. He probably wanted to preserve our home record.
He ended up doing worse. How many centuries ago did CFC concede 4 goals at home?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager / Funny Messi And Ronaldo Memes / Newcastle Agree £12m Fee To Sign Trippier From Atletico Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.