Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb (10862 Views)

Poll: Which side's winning this?

Chelsea: 23% (4 votes)
Manchester City: 58% (10 votes)
Neither; they'll draw: 17% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April / Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
@FBS,

Just chill. Keep your rep intact.
Sauron never gives up, he gets his kick from dissing.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
FBS:

LOL. I don't get paid as a moderator. Doing it for the fun of it. I have the time. cheesy
But then I can still feed you even with that amount. tongue grin
I'm still the gentleman cheesy. Just trying to teach this goat a lesson.
It's over from me. Don't wanna spoil my rep. wink cheesy

~Sauron~:

Not in your lifetime and the after life.

More like you don't wanna get sacked.
U need your wages. £1.20 per hour @ 20 hours. grin
It will do a little for a peasant like you at Iceland. grin

lol, see wetin man city cause lol, cool cool cool cool cool grin

Come rain, come shine, Barca remains the most reliable team in the whole or Europe cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by chic2pimp(m): 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

@FBS,

Just chill. Keep your rep intact.
Sauron never gives up, he gets his kick from dissing.
True Talk grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
honeric01:

Come rain, come shine, Barca remains the most reliable team in the whole or Europe cool

Of course. . . .after Aguero and Forlan sodomised em few weeks ago.
Rubin Kazan nko?
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by denzel2009: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2010
Why cant people just chat here without stooping low to these bashings. I'm sure when some people meet in real life, they would regret ever typing some crap here. We are all adults(then I may be wrong). sad
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by chic2pimp(m): 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2010
Anyone care to explain to me why the Chav fans were booing Wayne Bridge?
What did the dude do wrong? undecided
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by honeric01(m): 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Of course. . . .after Aguero and Forlan sodomised em few weeks ago.
Rubin Kazan nko?

i am aware of that, what makes a champion a champion is how fast and strong he or she picks himself/herself up. cool
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2010
chic2pimp:

Anyone care to explain to me why the Chav fans were booing Wayne Bridge?
What did the dude do wrong? undecided

[flash=410,357]http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/lMf6FK868YpMTM4OVYY3/mov/1[/flash]
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by ritchboy(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2010
Sure enough, Arsenal have beaten Stoke and i bet nateevs(aka mr-arsenal-cant-copete-for-the-league) £10,000 Chelsea will finish BELOW Arsenal and United. Since that figure is probably commensurate with his net earnings in a decade, it is now my sworn duty to make sure Ibime gets his 200 quid come May! cheesy
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by aieromon(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2010
hmm. . . . the title's all for the blues to throw away.
i just hope united capitalise on this big time.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Myself2(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2010
I wont be denied:

CHASCUM HOW MARKET?? grin grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2010
ritchboy:

Sure enough, Arsenal have beaten Stoke and i bet nateevs(aka mr-arsenal-cant-copete-for-the-league) £10,000 Chelsea will finish BELOW Arsenal and United. Since that figure is probably commensurate with his net earnings in a decade, it is now my sworn duty to make sure Ibime gets his 200 quid come May! cheesy

Everyone knows Arsenal fans talk through their noses and arses when they are suddenly given a life-line.
How long before you start asking again why you did not buy. . .

Actually this time it'll be about not winning the title becos of Ramsey's broken.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ibime:

Chelsea could drop points against Manure (away), Liverpool (away) and Tottenham (away). . . and considering the Citeh result, even Villa (home) could be a problem. . . . and we can also drop points in any other away match. . . even a mid-table club will give Chelsea problems away from SB as our form since December shows.

Arsenal only need to worry about Stoke (away) and Tottenham (away). . . they will beat Citeh at Home.

This is simple Mathematics. . .if Arsenal beat Stoke today, all bets are off on Chelsea finishing in the top 2.

IMHO, Arsenal have just as much chance of winning the league as the top 2. . . .if they beat Stoke today, Im gonna make em my favourites!

No one will believe this is coming from a Chelsea fan if they saw this for the first time.
I have always maintained that you are a closet Arsenal fan and you would rather Arsenal won the league than Chelsea. .

Go ahead and make Arsenal your favourites. 10 games to go and you already know Chelsea will finish 3rd because it's simple maths.
And even though you quite rightly mentioned Chelsea "could" drop points. . . You think Arsenal are favourites. .

I know what you've always been, you only Chelsea becos of the manager.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by rasputinn(m): 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

No one will believe this is coming from a Chelsea fan if they saw this for the first time.
I have always maintained that you are a closet Arsenal fan and you would rather Arsenal won the league than Chelsea. .

Go ahead and make Arsenal your favourites. 10 games to go and you already know Chelsea will finish 3rd because it's simple maths.
And even though you quite rightly mentioned Chelsea "could" drop points. . . You think Arsenal are favourites. .

Ibime's prognostication are spot on with very high probabilty of a bull'e eye,like I said earlier it takes a very objective and realistic mind to comment as he has done
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by ritchboy(m): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2010
Nateevs
Lifeline? I have been telling you since the start of the season Arsenal will be right up there with the rest and you f00lishly concluded "Arsenal cant compete for the league". You have already been proven WRONG.
I even remember your daft list of reasons why Arsenal cant compete: "they dont have a 'top striker' ", "they dont score enough late goals", "they dont have strength in depth", "they lack character", "they sold Adebayor & Toure" and a bunch of other dumb sh|t.

I will be here to laugh at you and your cohorts when Chelsea end up 3rd after spending most of the season leading the league for the second year in a row. HAHAHAHA!!

P.S. HOW MARKET? grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

Nateevs, stop hyperventilating.
Whether Arsenal will win it or Liverpool will clinch it. . . . .It's only about 10 weeks away.
Fasten your seat-belt and letz see what pans out in the end.

I have got confidence in ma team. You should be confident with yours.
It's an OPEN title race and even Liverpool must now feel they have got a chance.
In another 5 weeks, the boys shall be separated from the men.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by chamotex(m): 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2010
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Ibime(m): 11:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
nateevs:

hehehe. . . so now am an Arsenal fan?

Listen mate, my statements are pure logic.

I dare you to pull up a league table from December till now, look at it and tell me Chelsea will win the league. . . like Ive said, we're only in this title race because of our Aug - Nov form.

In case you havent noticed, in our last 14 games, we have dropped 17 points from 1st Dec till date.

In our first 14 games, from Aug to Nov, we only dropped 6 points. . . go figure!

Pull up our away record in the last 3 months, and we've only won 2 away games out of 7. . . against Wolves and Burnley!. . . i.e, we are only winning away at certain relegation candidates.

I think we have enough volume of data now to conclude that Chelsea's form is building a trend.

One month of bad results is a blip. 3 months is a trend!

If we do forecast analysis of Chelsea's points tally after 38 games using any Moving Average method, Chelsea will finish third! tongue

If I believed our problem was personnell, I might believe we still have a chance if the players come into form.

However, as Ive been saying, our problems are structural, and we will continue to leak points with this style of play.

Arsenal on the other hand have a clear run to the finish line. . . the ruthless ease with which they dispatch the small teams tells me that they have a better chance than us.

I believe at the end of the season, we will look back at 2 crucial turning points in our season:

(1.) The return of Drogba from the ANC which disrupted our attacking play. As today & Wednesday showed, any defender (as long as he is strong and good in the air) nullifies Drogbas threat. Meanwhile we have lost the fluidity of having a technically gifted forward who can make the team play well.

(2.) John Terry brouhaha.

I am not just chatting. . . Im backing it up with cold cash. . . so save further arguments until you give me my £200!  tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2010
Ibime:

(1.) The return of Drogba from the ANC which disrupted our attacking play. As today & Wednesday showed, any defender (as long as he is strong and good in the air) nullifies Drogbas threat. Meanwhile we have lost the fluidity of having a technically gifted forward who can make the team play well.

WORDS OF A PROPHET. . . .

~Sauron~:

The doom and gloom is always AFTER the ACN.
If you don't believe me, ask the GAYnners in 2008.
They won all their games during the ACN but their season went bosoms up when their African stars came back.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=362607.msg5382568#msg5382568
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by nateevs(m): 12:57am On Feb 28, 2010
@Ibime.

All I have to say is unlike you I am standing here giving Chelsea the greatest prospects of winning the title. .
At least this day will serve as a day in history when we distinguished between those that support becos of logic and those that believe.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by VIPICO(m): 1:10am On Feb 28, 2010
Blues pass Blues. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I happy?
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Ibime(m): 1:23am On Feb 28, 2010
nateevs:

@Ibime.

All I have to say is unlike you I am standing here giving Chelsea the greatest prospects of winning the title. .
At least this day will serve as a day in history when we distinguished between those that support becos of logic and those that believe.

Your belief is founded on hope rather than expectation. . . the trend of the last 3 months is worrying. . . this trend can only change by changing the style of play or changing the manager. . . I would hate to say I told you so, but I will tell you so at the end of the season. . . .infact I would be more than happy to lose my bet!. . . but the evidence before me tells me that that aint gonna happen!

As for your comments about my support for Chelsea, you should know I am not one of these johnny just come like FBS  tongue . . . I can show you pictures of me supporting Chelsea from the late 1990's!
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by kemacrude: 3:31am On Feb 28, 2010
those man city players are heartless
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Rastamann: 5:42am On Feb 28, 2010
This football. Some you win some you lose.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by darqly(m): 7:04am On Feb 28, 2010
Funny thing soccer,ex-red devils are gonna do chelsea in on our behalf. 1st king Saha wit 2 sweet strikes and now Tevez! I love fergie. Talk about Les Blues having the blues,lol. I wouldn't bet against Ancelotti getting the sack b4 this season is over.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 28, 2010
whoever must have pasted this crap on the homepage is definitely anti-chelsea and an enemy of progress.what kind of bogus vocabulary is that 'WALLOPS'.i'm sure its the work of mukina2.anyways chelsea is coming back on courseu**smiles**
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by chelseabmw(m): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2010
@~Bluetooth
don't worry, all this haters should kill on hating, this mukina2 girl dey use us dey play, forget say u be moderator but u dey Bleep up, no shakes
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Vincent41(m): 10:16am On Feb 28, 2010
Yes go man city
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Vincent41(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2010
Yes go man city
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by loyika(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2010
Nateevs tongue

Put a sock in it and have a coke and sit down tongue Being realistic sometimes comes with the territory. Pre the game against Stoke, i called Kit up and told him; "If Arsenal lost against Stoke, we don't deserve to win anything and i would hang up my support for the club" Now in reality i won't do that, but Kit got my point AND AT THAT MOMENT I MEANT WHAT I WAS SAYING!!.

Ibime is just saying that, the way Chelsea has been playing of late, THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BE CHAMPIONS!! Anyone in the top 5 still has a chnace of winning the league (mathematically) and i am replacing Spurs with Liverpool in my own league table of the top 5 grin grin

Arsenal lost badly against The Scum and Chelscum and folks were all gutted!! But i still had no problems with that, where i had problems were the draws against Villa and Burnley and the earlier loss to Sunderland. If we don't win the league, i will look at those 3 games as turning points for us. The same way i put the game against Stoke as a bigger game for us than against you guys or The Scumtwats. tongue

What Ibime is simple saying is that, this Chelsea team is so inconsistent, it makes Turai look like the best thing to happen to Naija since Cassava bread was introduced!!

Does that stop him from being a Chelscum fan will that stop him from celebrating if Chelscum win a trophy HELL NO!!

Face it, your club has been a disgrace all season long with the scandals and all!! Jose might put the last nail in CA's coffin if Inter knock you guys out of the CL. And least i forget grin You guys have to face Stoke in the FA Cup grin Oh what Joy! Capello feels youR English players are a joke;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/international/article7043921.ece

Craig Bellamy summed up what the rest of the World (apart from Chavs part) thinks of JT and do you honestly think JT, Hilario your backline can win you any trophy Drogs should know that he isn't playing Arsenal always, and other defenders can shut him up like the B$tch he is tongue tongue

This Chelsea team are on the brink of imploding and if you do end up empty handed, i see a mass change in the squad come end of season (With JT being the first one to leave, followed by that Geezer Cashley Cole and then with Lamps being their mate and all, guess he will leave based on loyalty)

Season still a bit to go!!

lets see how it all pans out.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Duniverse(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2010
Na wa, bad belle full here oh.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb by Eddie4(m): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2010
That was some very woeful game guys. I just wasn't expecting that. But i'll say, the league is just beginning to get interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Newcastle Agree £12m Fee To Sign Trippier From Atletico Madrid / Funny Messi And Ronaldo Memes / Fulham Vs Liverpool: EFL Cup Semi-Finals (1 - 1) On 24th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.