Stats: 3,154,010 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) (9998 Views)

Apple Unveils Iphone 15 And Iphone 15 Plus (Specifications & Prices) / Iphone 11, Iphone 11 Pro & Iphone 11 Pro Max: Apple Unveils Three New Iphone 11 / Iphone XS, Iphone XS Max & Iphone XR: Apple Unveils Three New Iphone Xs (2) (3) (4)

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Decale: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

Yh you nailed it but unfortunately they will still buy it.
What's special about Apple watch? I swear down, you haven't read much about it. Did you know Apple just introduced LTE to Apple watch and it's been on Samsung Gear S2 .

Do you know you can't make phone calls with Apple watch without iPhones?

Apple watch is BS compared to some other watches. Read up on Gear S2 and S3

Lol. Where did you read this one from?
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2017
Decale:

Lol. Where did you read this one from?

Lol. Kindly prove me wrong

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Decale: 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

The camera design placement is boring as hell

I quite like it

and wondering why FPS was ditched all together when they could have embedded it on the power button or the logo behind it.

Me thinks they're experimenting with that FPS. If FaceID turns out to be what they said it is and becomes a success, then the FPS may not come out. If it turns out otherwise, it won't still come back. Apple and their pride, lol.

The only impressive thing about this launch is A11. Apple isn't innovating anymore. The only beautiful thing about this event was a stolen product which is the SoC

How? Were they sued or something?
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Decale: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. Kindly prove me wrong

Read about the watch 3 yourself. They should have an eSIM
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
Decale:

I quite like it

Me thinks they're experimenting with that FPS. If FaceID turns out to be what they said it is and becomes a success, then the FPS may not come out. If it turns out otherwise, it won't still come back. Apple and their pride, lol.

How? Were they sued or something?

Yes they are but iPhone X is their premium iPhone and shouldn't lack anything whatsoever. They should have doesn't either of those things. With time, it will be improved upon so FPS wouldn't come back never again.

The SoC patent belongs to University of Wisconsin. Apple was found guilty though but were made to pay a paltry amount
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
Decale:

Read about the watch 3 yourself. They should have an eSIM

Is it available?
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

Yh you nailed it but unfortunately they will still buy it.
What's special about Apple watch? I swear down, you haven't read much about it. Did you know Apple just introduced LTE to Apple watch and it's been on Samsung Gear S2 .

Do you know you can't make phone calls with Apple watch without iPhones?

Apple watch is BS compared to some other watches. Read up on Gear S2 and S3

Stop saying BS!

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2017
KillerFrost:

Stop saying BS!

Lol. Quit embarrassing yourself. Apple watch can't make phone calls without iPhones. It's just being corrected on the Apple watch 3 that was lauched today.

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Decale: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

Is it available?

The way you typed it was very clear you didn't know it's introduced. No need arguing this point

Apple watch without LTE is still the best initiative smart watch out there. And right, it sells more than Rolex.

You should get one and see how good it is rather than reading about it
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by DAVE5(m): 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
ip2121918021:

Yup, if you're on any apple device (6s and above) just keep your money.

Let's see what they come up with in 2018 though.

I'm only considering switching to iOS because no Android Wear watch matches the Apple Watch

I used to love the Apple Watch until I met the Samsung gear s2 sport, mehn I'm feeling the thing like kilode... replaceable straps yapa to fit any outfit

Been using it for more than 6 months now and it's been love at first site...

S2 classic looks off to me
S3 looks too clunky for my liking

You might like the s2 or s3 watch...

I've not used the apple watch though so I can't speak for it

Mind you... I'm an ardent apple lover... fone, watch, music player, Macbook... erything apple

Was going to trade in my i7 for the i8 but apple bleeped up on this... pple even mistake my i7 for i6...so they'd still mistake the 8 for 7 or 6 as well
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. Quit embarrassing yourself. Apple watch can't make phone calls without iPhones. It's just being corrected on the Apple watch 3 that was lauched today.

You're the one embarrassing yourself... quit claiming ITK ... this article was written today right??

https://www.lifewire.com/making-phone-calls-with-apple-watch-156689
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
KillerFrost:

You're the one embarrassing yourself... quit claiming ITK ... this article was written today right??

https://www.lifewire.com/making-phone-calls-with-apple-watch-156689

Don't let comprehension be your problems.

http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/can-the-apple-watch-work-without-an-iphone-1288140
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2017
Decale:

The way you typed it was very clear you didn't know it's introduced. No need arguing this point

Apple watch without LTE is still the best initiative smart watch out there. And right, it sells more than Rolex.

You should get one and see how good it is rather than reading about it

It just for introduced but it's not yet available so at the moment,

Now that Apple has inttroduced LTE to Apple watch, what would you call it ? " Super" initiative ??

Quit attaching sales to comparison of devices or products especially when they are Apples and Oranges comparisons. For God sake, Apple fans will buy anything with the logo on it. That's simple and straight. It doesn't mean it's the best.

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

Don't let comprehension be your problems.

http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/can-the-apple-watch-work-without-an-iphone-1288140

Stop being clumsy... you said you can't make phone calls without an iPhone using the Apple Watch.now you're sending something entirely different... stop being a snake..accept your ignorance and move on!..it's disgusting for crying out loud!
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
DAVE5:

I used to love the Apple Watch until I met the Samsung gear s2 sport, mehn I'm feeling the thing like kilode... replaceable straps yapa to fit any outfit

Interesting, I'll see if it's on display at a store near me and If i do like it, I'll get it.
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
KillerFrost:

Stop being clumsy... you said you can't make phone calls without an iPhone using the Apple Watch.now you're sending something entirely different... stop being a snake..accept your ignorance and move on!..it's disgusting for crying out loud!

How is that entirely different from what i said?
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

How is that entirely different from what i said?

Go and read the link you posted and tell me how that supports the fact that you can't make phone calls without an iPhone on Apple Watch...
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
krattoss:
Nothing pass my Samsung s8+ cool
i swear samsung lg xiaomi and a lot others have already done this.Iphone tins are always late.Imagine its only the x version that is bezeless.for 470k chai wen i fit buy note 8 or lg v30 for same price.Abi how u see am.

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
Decale:

You're never thinking of moving to iPhone X. Everything you typed is devoid of objectivity but filled with vitriol.

The only thing you said that's a little bit of sense was the wireless charging (+ fast charging)

The A11 is too much hardware in 2017 but your contradiction is well seen with your approach on the 750p screen resolution on the iPhone, which first of all is only on iPhone 8 and second of all, FHD is too much hardware for a 4.7 inch phone.

You've already concluded that FaceID is slower and less intuitive. Unless you've used the iPhone X, your point here is moot. It's well explained how the Faceid utilises projector beams and illuminators with a failure rate of 0.0000001%, 20 times more secure than TouchID. And it's compliant with Apple pay, apps same as the TouchID

And Apple is playing catchup with Samsung's model number? What does that even mean? The flagship is iPhone 10 not 8. And last I checked S8/S8+ is still playing catchup to iPhone 7 in sales

Level up, young man. Your biased points are rather immature

The faceID failed at first public test. So your grammar and Apple's is just is a marketing ploy

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Seunosewapenis:
i swear samsung lg xiaomi and a lot others have already done this. Iphone tins are always late. Imagine its only the x version that is bezeless.for 470k chai wen i fit buy note 8 or lg v30 for same price.Abi how u see am.

Besides 3D Touch though.
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
ABBkelvin:
Only the iPhone X is worth buying. PS no physical difference between iPhone 7 and 8.
I swear ur head dey there.Iphone hasnt released anythin innovative from the iphone5s to 6 to 7 and now to 8 same design only upgraded hardware its so annoyin.IMAGINE WAT THE SAMSUNG S9 WOULD BE LIKEcheesy

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
ip2121918021:

Besides 3D Touch though.
Yes u are right about that but if u are to compare iys features with s8 u would see that the s8 beats it hands down and am sure it would still beat the iphone 8 too xcept the SoC though.
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
Decale:

You're never thinking of moving to iPhone X. Everything you typed is devoid of objectivity but filled with vitriol.

The only thing you said that's a little bit of sense was the wireless charging (+ fast charging)

The A11 is too much hardware in 2017 but your contradiction is well seen with your approach on the 750p screen resolution on the iPhone, which first of all is only on iPhone 8 and second of all, FHD is too much hardware for a 4.7 inch phone.

You've already concluded that FaceID is slower and less intuitive. Unless you've used the iPhone X, your point here is moot. It's well explained how the Faceid utilises projector beams and illuminators with a failure rate of 0.0000001%, 20 times more secure than TouchID. And it's compliant with Apple pay, apps same as the TouchID

And Apple is playing catchup with Samsung's model number? What does that even mean? The flagship is iPhone 10 not 8. And last I checked S8/S8+ is still playing catchup to iPhone 7 in sales

Level up, young man. Your biased points are rather immature
Dude the iphone 7 might be better in sales but isnt in any form better rhan the s8 or s8+.i mean even the iphone X in terms of design and features doesnt beat the note8 or LG V30 only the upgraded chip thats all.I'm Sure the s9 would destroy the iphone X hands down.

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Decale: 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1:

The faceID failed at first public test. So your grammar and Apple's is just is a marketing ploy

So, I should take it from you, a nairalander that Apple lied to us just cos of a test on a phone without the final software?

You are what exactly?
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Decale: 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2017
ollah1: Now that Apple has inttroduced LTE to Apple watch, what would you call it ? " Super" initiative ??

Without the LTE, it's one of the best ones out there.

Quit attaching sales to comparison of devices or products especially when they are Apples and Oranges comparisons. For God sake, Apple fans will buy anything with the logo on it. That's simple and straight. It doesn't mean it's the best.

You are making errors there. When Apple doesn't step up in a year, their sales drop and vice versa

These phones make up top 3 phones in a year, attach that to their monopoly in Ios department and we have best sellers.

It's not rocket science
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by Decale: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
Seunosewapenis:
Dude the iphone 7 might be better in sales but isnt in any form better rhan the s8 or s8+.i mean even the iphone X in terms of design and features doesnt beat the note8 or LG V30 only the upgraded chip thats all.I'm Sure the s9 would destroy the iphone X hands down.

You have both phones to know which one is better? Oh sorry but can you a do a little review on them?

Features na ios vs android debates which I'm not going to get into that.
Even the S8 "destroyed" IPhone 7 but the world's population doesn't agree. So who's winning?
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
iAvengers are on full force today grin
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by TechPanda(m): 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
bedford101:
More Runs girls will go down, more pvssy will be squashed..iphone X and Iphone 8. Let the hussle begin

I can't just wait to see the first Nigerian Celebrity to buy one.

Real matters. Me and you know say our power nor reach this one, so make we dey our lane. grin

Kukuma read this post and feal alright wink 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix or Tecno Phone Can't Do
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
Decale:

You have both phones to know which one is better? Oh sorry but can you a do a little review on them?

Features na ios vs android debates which I'm not going to get into that.
Even the S8 "destroyed" IPhone 7 but the world's population doesn't agree. So who's winning?
Dude even if 5 billion people are goin for the iphone doesnt mean its better ok.Lemme take u back to the iphone 5s

The iphone 5s was released the same year with the S4 remember.
Now the 5s sold over 60 million units while the s4 sold just 40 million+ units.
But coming to the hardware parts the s4 outmatched the 5s bar far in terms of hardware and software.The only edge iphone had as at that time was the fingerprint but the s4 had a 1.6ghz quadcore cpu compared with the 5s 1.3ghz dual core.
The s4 had 2gb ram and the latter 1gb.
The s4 had 2600mah battery the 5s 1560mah.
The s4 had 13mp back cam and a 2 mp front cam compared with the 5s 8mp back and 1.2mp front.Abeg i neva still mention the crazy features the s4 had yet the 5s beat it in terms of sales.So guy i believe u can now agree that the iphone might be winning in terms of sales but the samsung beats it in both hardware and software PEACE.Looking forward to the s9 thoughcheesy

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by microjoystick: 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
ip2121918021:
iAvengers are on full force today grin
I swear they don brainwash them.Imagine the s7 with 4gb ram and their iphone7 was still comin with 2/3 gb ram.Chai omo they never experience power nah why them dey make noise.even the iphone7 no come with fast chargesad

Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by DAVE5(m): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
ip2121918021:

Interesting, I'll see if it's on display at a store near me and If i do like it, I'll get it.

kk, if u do get it, pls quote me as to how u feel the thingy... maybe I'm overhyping it
Re: Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS) by ip2121918021(m): 11:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
DAVE5:

kk, if u do get it, pls quote me as to how u feel the thingy... maybe I'm overhyping it

Watched the review, it runs on its own OS instead of Android Wear. That's a minus for me undecided

How I Get 7gb+ For N600 On Airtel Rather Than Using Glo 6gb For N1500. / Is Etisalat's N15/per Min To All Networks A Ruse? / How To Use SP Flash Tool (full Guide)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57