Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church (20260 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire / How To Find A Local Church And Stay Committed There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Etizz: 7:13am On Sep 15, 2017
muller101:
Close down the church grin from what I see the sheep is wiser than the Shepard now . They don't even give u the opportunity to tax them . I love the way they launched their attack.

wild thought......... lol
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Coolcube: 7:30am On Sep 15, 2017
babyboom:
Hello,Pastor
Please i consider this a learning phase for you
i have some advise though,
1. Please go close to some pastors with rural branches and others too, ( am sure some will have started from rural branches also) to learn how to cope.
2. Speak to the provincial pastor concerning the need not to do returns, i consider this church as starting afresh and there is a 3 year period of no returns for new parishes.
3.Please as much as possible, formulate the policy and make it know to th church, that any one will need will have to be identified throught their house fellowship members a nd they must be workers, thus they will go throught the process of knowing the church's foundational policies. it was until i became a worker that i got to know the returns policies,
outsides do no know this.
4. Please try and give money as a loan to those who come to u for business ideas and do not have capital. this is for workers and full members,
thus some might return some might not.
but the money will be used to do business that might be able to feed the family
anyone that squaders it will not be in a hurry to come for more borrowing,
and the loan might be a capital.

please dont be tired. God will help you

Only God-fearing Provincial Pastors will give such grace period. And there are few God-fearing PPs in the mission. Most of them are politicians whose allegiance is to a man at top SATGO... the more returns they bring the more they are adjudged as good boys.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by darediamond(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2017
kennybabs1980:
I started pastoring a small parish of a big Pentecostal church in Akure in 2012. We used to meet in a small location in a housing estate until 2015 when we relocated to our permanent site, a location that's about 10km farther than our former site.

Most of the worshippers in the former location refused to relocate when we moved because of the distance and associated stress. That means we have to start the parish all over again. So we have been having very low attendance which has been improving since about 4 months now.

The new site is a new community occupied mainly by people who have just moved to their personal houses. More than 60% of the plots remained undeveloped for now.

One major issue here is the rate at which most people that attend the parish sees the church as a place where their needs must be met. They keep coming up with one demand or the other every week. Their demands include food, money and now that school is about to resume, school fees and books. Parents will teach their little children to go and tell stories of how they can't resume at school since they don't have school fees and books, elderly people even come around to ask for money and food, this situation is becoming very disturbing and worrisome.

How can people see a very small church of less than 40 (90% children) in attendance as a source of supply of all their needs? Our parent church don't get involved in funding the small parish, we are the one who returns our tithes and offerings to the national headquarters every month. Offering in the church is small, adults come around to put N10 or N20 in offering bag and later send their children to go and ask for N10k assistance, I got pissed off this evening when a small girl who attends a public secondary school came around to ask for school fees of N10k and books of N10k for herself and same for her 2 siblings making a total of N30k. We bought exercise books and gave 4 to each pupil just last Sunday with pencils and biros and between then and now, they have bombarded the church with demands of well over N100k. Where do they really want the church to meet their demands? The church is operating under a temporary shed we put up in 2015, we've not been able to continue with serious building project due to paucity of funds. We (I, my wife, my assistant and his wife) have been trying in the areas of giving out food items, money, drugs, clothes etc to these people yet its one demand or the other on a daily basis.
I see these attitude as unwholesome, disturbing and unfair.

I need serious suggestions on how to really handle this situation as it is already dampening my morale. Matured and spiritual suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Rubbish upone Gibberish!
In fake christian world, Christianity is business. Jesus said "you received free, give free". Must you even collect tithes in the first place to support Theocratic order ?
Does not the death of Jesus Christ ends the function of Levite's in leading Pure Worship as instituted by Jehovah via Moses for the Israelites or old and at large the Spiritual Istreal ushered in by Christ death on the Torture Stake?

Does Apostle Peter, Paul, John, Simon and all other First Century Christians talks about Tithe to support there Ministry? In the Book of Act, voluntary donation is all is now required not the Compulsory complex offering a.k.a Tithe.

God does not change but His requirements does change. Are you ready to align with Him?
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by KAYD007(m): 7:42am On Sep 15, 2017
icon007:
Sorry to doubt ur person. I don't think you are what you claim. If you are, then you are not properly trained. No one here, I mean this platform that can provide you with the help you seek. It's all complain I see here! God guide your path.

Will you keep shut!! angry
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by KAYD007(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2017
muller101:
Close down the church grin from what I see the sheep is wiser than the Shepard now . They don't even give u the opportunity to tax them . I love the way they launched their attack.
grin grin
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by KAYD007(m): 7:46am On Sep 15, 2017
translux:
Youngman you are not yet mature in the work of the ministry, you cant get a good advice on this sinful platform, imagine someone that just commited fornication advising you! thats terrible, pls seek God's counsel and teach your congregation on how to be givers than brggars

geerararraah mehn angry angry
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by LanreGH(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2017
What is the primary purpose of Churches? It's not just about worship and preaching the gospel, it's helping the people in need.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by benzion72(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2017
You have a good problem. You only need to study entreprenurship practice it until you master it, thereafter empower your members so they will make more money and stop paying 10 naira.

Also invite people in the neighbourhood who are coming for help for training empower them also. If you invite them for free skill acquisition and emporment they will come

Era of teaching and preaching only has gone. People need to be empowered.

If you continue to give and give you want to turn yourself into Elshadai or rather ishalldie.

This solution was shared by Pastor Sam Adeyemi
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Homeboiy: 8:04am On Sep 15, 2017
Young03:
I only read it half way

I don't even know when last I went to church
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by chokovirus: 8:11am On Sep 15, 2017
I wanted to doubt the OP but when I saw AKURE I changed my mind because those my brethren like awuf well well. Magnificent religious edifices abound in the very poorest of other regions of Nigeria but when you get to many parts of western Nigeria its not so. Because dem dey use sense follow religion. Dem no get time for do or die fanaticism. I doff hat for my Yoruba brethren
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Deicide:

Not everone shares the same mythical believes as you so you can save this poo 4 the Dogs.

Is it not the xame holy-spirit that raped mary? what is holy about that?

i guess this post is for Christian and not for atheist or whatever you are. So get lost, all the atheist that i know don't mingle with religion, only Nigeria atheist. Shame
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Johnrake69: 8:31am On Sep 15, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

That is why pastors settle or sow into the life of the guys close to the corridors of power at the headquarters or people who do the postings. This is to make sure they ie the pastors are posted to lucrative parishes.

My brother it's time we all condemn these practices in churches. Churches of today are helping to spread poverty. You will be shocked that local assemblies in rural areas that have no viable economy are mandated to contribute for head quarter projects. Shifting resources from areas already experiencing deficit to the head quarters that is overflowing with milk and honey. If you have been a church worker before you will understand these things.

We can't shy away from speaking out. It's not right. The Catholic Church is the richest and largest organisation in the world but, the Pope doesn't fly around in his private jet. There has been records of missionaries from the Catholic Church going to rural areas aside from preaching the word, they help people put up shelter, and together they built a self sustaining economies. That should be the mission. Not going to plant churches so you can start taxing them immediately.

Note: People who are hungry can't serve God

1 Like

Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Apina(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2017
kennybabs1980:
I started pastoring a small parish of a big Pentecostal church in Akure in 2012. We used to meet in a small location in a housing estate until 2015 when we relocated to our permanent site, a location that's about 10km farther than our former site.

Most of the worshippers in the former location refused to relocate when we moved because of the distance and associated stress. That means we have to start the parish all over again. So we have been having very low attendance which has been improving since about 4 months now.

The new site is a new community occupied mainly by people who have just moved to their personal houses. More than 60% of the plots remained undeveloped for now.

One major issue here is the rate at which most people that attend the parish sees the church as a place where their needs must be met. They keep coming up with one demand or the other every week. Their demands include food, money and now that school is about to resume, school fees and books. Parents will teach their little children to go and tell stories of how they can't resume at school since they don't have school fees and books, elderly people even come around to ask for money and food, this situation is becoming very disturbing and worrisome.

How can people see a very small church of less than 40 (90% children) in attendance as a source of supply of all their needs? Our parent church don't get involved in funding the small parish, we are the one who returns our tithes and offerings to the national headquarters every month. Offering in the church is small, adults come around to put N10 or N20 in offering bag and later send their children to go and ask for N10k assistance, I got pissed off this evening when a small girl who attends a public secondary school came around to ask for school fees of N10k and books of N10k for herself and same for her 2 siblings making a total of N30k. We bought exercise books and gave 4 to each pupil just last Sunday with pencils and biros and between then and now, they have bombarded the church with demands of well over N100k. Where do they really want the church to meet their demands? The church is operating under a temporary shed we put up in 2015, we've not been able to continue with serious building project due to paucity of funds. We (I, my wife, my assistant and his wife) have been trying in the areas of giving out food items, money, drugs, clothes etc to these people yet its one demand or the other on a daily basis.

I need serious suggestions on how to really handle this situation as it is already dampening my morale. Matured and spiritual suggestions welcomed, thanks.
Start giving account of their offering to them every Sunday so that they know how inconsiderate their demands are.

1 Like

Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by donqx: 8:35am On Sep 15, 2017
oh
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by krayon22: 8:48am On Sep 15, 2017
Habah .....why members dey offload pastor na,dey wan mk u run mad??
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by DLuciano: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2017
kennybabs1980:

Are you really an ordained pastor called by God? Do you really know the word of God? I am shocked of your complains, when your Caller is there, when your parent church is there. Sorry NL is the right place to lay your complains.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by phillips1959: 9:04am On Sep 15, 2017
My dear Pastor,
I read your piece carefully and I want to advise you.Teach your members how to be self reliant.Ask me how? By setting up a church co-operative society.The cooperative society will periodically offer small loans to all members who register with it.Those who receive loans will in turn empower others in need within a specified time frame.The method of operations for the cooperative will be slightly different from that of the outside society.But it will be available to only those who contribute weekly to it.Ammount contributed into the society is basedon individual capability and it also determines how much you can ask for as loan.Guarantors for anyone asking for a loan shall come from among members of the cooperative and each member"s occupation must be ascertained even before anyone is registered,I can give you all the operational modalities if you are seriously in need of it.It is free.I have been in the situation before and when I stated the cooperative, it not only helped the poor church members,but attracted even nonmembers from outside,who joined the chuch and our membership grew beyond my own imagination.Moreover,you will use this approach to differentiate those who are actually in need from those who want to rip you off just because you are a pastor.I am obliged to pass on this strategy to you because I know God will not fail to bless me when you eventually stabiilze that church.The devil who wants to use fake members to discourage you must be defeated.IJN.Amen. Abel.07060844883

1 Like

Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Ten06(m): 9:44am On Sep 15, 2017
Pls tell your headquarter to support the people in your area, it is not good for the headquarter to be collecting without giving
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Standing5(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2017
Johnrake69:

The catholics and Anglicans did it with their missionary schools. Is the church supposed to have bank accounts running into billions? When majority of the members are poor. Who is the church? Our men of God prefer to invest in church buildings than the members of the body of christ whom Christ died for.

What the young man is complaining of is that there is no profit being made from the local assembly because that is the number priority. If there is sincerity on the part of the leaders of today's churches. Surpluses from some branches should be used to supplement others but that's unthinkable. If the wicked world governments can practice that, I wonder how hard it can be for our religious leaders who are meant to be selfless.
You don't know what you are talking. How do you take record of who pays tithe? Tithe should go to the needy but then need is different from want. The church to me is trying to satisfy peoples want disguised as need. That money you call billions is when used to meet the peoples need may not even satisfy 10% of what they will present to the church as their needs. So I ask, shld the Church meet peoples need for a short period and stop expansion or should the people be honest and take responsibility?
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by BluntBoy(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2017
kennybabs1980:

Jesus fed the hungry. Feed them. By feed them, I mean, by every means, feed them. You know why I left the "church"? Because it is filled with hypocrisy and selfishness. When I was sent by a mother church to test my faith in a small village, I obeyed. But when the Church in the village became a burden, I went on outreach, gathered money and fed them. I would go out every morning, calling out big men and speaking hard words to their dead consciences. It worked a little as I got donations. I sold them and fed these people. When it became so much, I got a teaching job but still it was hard. So I made plans to see the senior pastor of the church. After months and my request to see him was not granted, I went to see the regional pastor. He asked me what I wanted him to do. I was angry. I told him to sell his car. Few days later, they brought in another pastor and I left.

What is the essense of my story? Pastoring is a challenging job. Many see it as a job of comfort and a job to make one rich and powerful. That is why pastors hoard up treasures here on earth. Why would a megachurch send out pastors and ask these pastors to develop these parishes without financial assistance or even support programs for the needy and the widows in obscure locations? The other day I was telling someone that pastors have not done enough for the society for them to own jets. If these pastors know what it means to serve humanity, earthly properties would not even matter to them. They would be running rigorous outreaches spiritually and physically that they would think of owning jets in the midst of poverty as shameful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by samuelson06(m): 10:31am On Sep 15, 2017
pastoray:

Proverbs 4:7, "Wisdom is supreme – so acquire wisdom, and whatever you acquire, acquire understanding!"

You brought a spiritual matter into a platform you know too well... You've allowed the infidels to judge what they can't understand because of their folly. May God have mercy on you. If you have a problem with sorting yourself out, seek counsel from the right mind...

Lastly, Proverbs 11:14, "Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Shalom!

He's simply ignorant. I'm actually questioning his call to ministry. A real minister of God wouldn't make the kind of complain he is making here. Anyway, I don't just have strength to talk now.

1 Like

Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Analee(f): 10:31am On Sep 15, 2017
kennybabs1980:

build u memebers spiritually so dat dey can b able to fend 4 dem selves,daz y i lov OPM,pple ar been cared for,lik members who liv n d opm free estate,whose church children goes to d free schl,who collect free food!t.p everysunday,pple who learn n d free oil n gas,free tailoring,nursing etc nw some of d members are nw left d opm estate dey ar nw livin on der own,som ar even landlord,dey are nw contributors nomore collectors,those who learnt skills ar nw workin contributn to d church,so no,infact d list goes on n on,so impact on dem spiritually,empower physically wit differnt typ of skills God blesses dem,dey can nw b contributors to d church no longer tax collectors.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by 400billionman: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2017
icon007:
Sorry to doubt ur person. I don't think you are what you claim. If you are, then you are not properly trained. No one here, I mean this platform that can provide you with the help you seek. It's all complain I see here! God guide your path.

Sorry, you didn't make any sense..
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by jdluv(f): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2017
Dididrumz:
E no go pass RCCG. Buh na MY CHURCH Sha, buh I nor support dat kind way of sending the larger percentage of titles nd offerings to headquarters
i can bet this is Rccg.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Johnrake69: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2017
Standing5:
You don't know what you are talking. How do you take record of who pays tithe? Tithe should go to the needy but then need is different from want. The church to me is trying to satisfy peoples want disguised as need. That money you call billions is when used to meet the peoples need may not even satisfy 10% of what they will present to the church as their needs. So I ask, shld the Church meet peoples need for a short period and stop expansion or should the people be honest and take responsibility?

Mr. It appears you're the one clueless of what you're talking about and for your information most churches do keep records. The expansion you clamour for is to what end? You're obviously among those Christians that believe they can impress God with the Architectural aesthetics of your church building. Is man, made for development or development made for Man? How has today's expansion of the church benefited the human race? Another question who owns the church buildings and other assets like the private jet, motels in their head quarters? You think it's the members? The G O and his board members owns the physical assets of the church. So the expansion of the church in the real sense means more assets to the portfolio of the GO and his boards.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Deicide: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

i guess this post is for Christian and not for atheist or whatever you are. So get lost, all the atheist that i know don't mingle with religion, only Nigeria atheist. Shame
Maybe when religion stop mingling with our business we would stop grin
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Ajewealth123(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
Deicide:

Not everone shares the same mythical believes as you so you can save this poo 4 the Dogs.

Is it not the xame holy-spirit that raped mary? what is holy about that?
you could have just kept your useless personalty off my mention. You are not even quoted so why the need to fool your life ?
Take your demented soul somewhere else abeg, whatever you bring on yourself is your problem so get lost and stop disturbing my mention
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
ideologies:
there is nothing good about that.

If the members at HQ are also doing the same and other branches too, where will the HQ get money to give everyone

They can do it as long as the net balance across branches is positive.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
kennybabs1980:

I doubt if you are what you claimed to be. Sorry but I doubt ...... I can't imagine an ordained pastor seeking solution from the world that he ought to be a light to ...Pastoeing is not your calling , you elected yourself to that position.

To help you, go to Genesis ...The book of creation and I am doing this as someone addressing his subordinate, .....The book says ....In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth ...... God so loved us that he gave his only begotten son but he never created the heaven and the earth at the same time ... He finished the heaven and be sure if it Splendour and then created the earth..... If you are so called Pastor you should be able to complete this charge yourself .... I am a Winner ,by the way.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
BluntBoy:

Jesus fed the hungry. Feed them. By feed them, I mean, by every means, feed them. You know why I left the "church"? Because it is filled with hypocrisy and selfishness. When I was sent by a mother church to test my faith in a small village, I obeyed. But when the Church in the village became a burden, I went on outreach, gathered money and fed them. I would go out every morning, calling out big men and speaking hard words to their dead consciences. It worked a little as I got donations. I sold them and fed these people. When it became so much, I got a teaching job but still it was hard. So I made plans to see the senior pastor of the church. After months and my request to see him was not granted, I went to see the regional pastor. He asked me what I wanted him to do. I was angry. I told him to sell his car. Few days later, they brought in another pastor and I left.

What is the essense of my story? Pastoring is a challenging job. Many see it as a job of comfort and a job to make one rich and powerful. That is why pastors hoard up treasures here on earth. Why would a megachurch send out pastors and ask these pastors to develop these parishes without financial assistance or even support programs for the needy and the widows in obscure locations? The other day I was telling someone that pastors have not done enough for the society for them to own jets. If these pastors know what it means to serve humanity, earthly properties would not even matter to them. They would be running rigorous outreaches spiritually and physically that they would think of owning jets in the midst of poverty as shameful.

For now long did you imagined you were going to continue to teach, preach to their conscience to make donations so you can sell and help. ....Sir, poverty is spiritual.... Until you can get the spirit of poverty out of them you can't get them out of poverty irrespective of your physical effort......That same place is a miracle place for another Pastor operating divine wisdom .... You are not equipped enough yet
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by BluntBoy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

For now long did you imagined you were going to continue to teach, preach to their conscience to make donations so you can sell and help. ....Sir, poverty is spiritual.... Until you can get the spirit of poverty out of them you can't get them out of poverty irrespective of your physical effort......That same place is a miracle place for another Pastor operating divine wisdom .... You are not equipped enough yet

You missed the whole point.

I used my story to illustrate the hypocrisy and selfishness in the church of today. If I ask Oyedepo to sell his jet and give the money to the poor, I know he would give me 101 reasons why he needs the jet. Now, if Oyedepo asks a man to sow his car as a seed and the man starts looking for excuses to not sow the seed, I am sure Oyedepo would tell him not to let the Devil stop him from giving to God. That is hypocrisy. Pastors justify why they need to have universities, jets, etc. but will not want to tolerate excuses from the flock they claim to lead.

I have heard pastors preach sacrifices when they do not even practice it. In the Early Church, the saints did things together. They lived as one.
Re: Demands For Money And Other Things By Worshippers In My Local Church by Olabenjamen22(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
Deicide:

Maybe when religion stop mingling with our business we would stop grin
Lol. Your business? Just behave like an atheist that you claim and leave religion alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Recognizable Traits Of Wolves In Sheep's Clothing / Baby Girl Leading Her Family In Prayer (Video) / Pastor YEMI Exposing Christ Embassy Pastor Chris Birthday Celebration Money Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.