Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:30 AM

Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse (674 Views)

Laptop Doesnt Turn On, But Battery Indicator Is Always On When Battery Is In / My New Laptop Doesnt Browse At Cafe. Pls What Do I Do? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse by Bamtek: 7:26am On Feb 27, 2010
All in house my laptop refuses to browse. Even after formating. It doesnt send or receive bytes. It recognises the lan cable tho. And also connects to wireless.
Re: Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse by deji2009(m): 3:31am On Feb 28, 2010
Bamtek:

All in house my laptop refuses to browse. Even after formating. It doesnt send or receive bytes. It recognises the lan cable tho. And also connects to wireless.

Dear Bamtek,

Thanks for the above enquiry, what's the make and model of your computer ?
Are you connecting by cable or wireless. does any connection work ?

Good luck !
Re: Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse by Bamtek: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2010
The model is hp compaq 6720s. I am using lan in cybercafes. The received byte is always zero and the sent will increase from 1,2,3 then return to zero. I ve formated its still the same. The mouse also hangs when lan cable is connected
Re: Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse by Mobinga: 9:51am On Feb 28, 2010
throw it out the window
Re: Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse by Bamtek: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2010
GUYS, GIRLS, GROW UP. THERE IS NO PRE-ARRANGED OR MEMORIZED LINE. ITS THE CONDITION THAT SORROUNDS YOU THAT WILL DETERMINE WHAT TO SAY AND DO. SOME GIRLS DONT EVEN NEED ANY LINES. Ciao.
Re: Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse by oladuro(m): 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2010
Hello guy the problem u having is as a result of drivers go to hp website download the driver for networking and lan related software install on ur system and check it whether it will browse or not. Cheers
Re: Help! My Laptop Doesnt Browse by deji2009(m): 6:09am On Mar 01, 2010
Bamtek:

The model is hp compaq 6720s. I am using lan in cybercafes. The received byte is always zero and the sent will increase from 1,2,3 then return to zero. I ve formated its still the same. The mouse also hangs when lan cable is connected

Dear Bamte,

I take is Windows XP ? if this is so, follow the link below to download ethernet drivers. if not then go to HP
website to select your operating system type.

www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3442832&swItem=ob-54791-1&prodNameId=3442833&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3442832&swItem=ob-54791-1&prodNameId=3442833&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Before we start download things it worth checking/having the basics
[b]
Use google to find out how you can get to device manager as this could be the problem. illustration below
when cable is connected if it is xp or vista there should be a little icon on your right hand side to indicate
what is going on. since i dont know your operating system type i wont be able to go further.

click start > run > cmd and you will get a black page. we are going to query the network card in identifying
what the problem is.on the black page type in ping 127.0.01 and press enter should get ping request
sent=4 receive=4 lost =4 and let us know the result[
/b]. Good luck !

(1) (Reply)

Hello Unclesam,pls Help / Mtn Fastlink Modem / 3g/evdo/izap Fbt : Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.