Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (47865 Views)

My Wife Hates My Daughter From My First Wife / My Wife Hates My Step-Daughter. Please Help / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by laudate: 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
misterme:
I don't care what people will say of my suggestion, I will give it anyway.

If all you said is true and you have not wedded yet, then CALL OFF the wedding asap or at least delay it until you can get her to understand the place of your family in your life.

Women tire me o. She expects you to now hate and avoid people you have known all your life for someone that is just coming into your life now? Pls I beg you, don't marry her no matter how far you have gone before now or how much you have spent. Otherwise you will regret it and you will cry a lot. If your family were bad, it will be a different ball game.

I am telling you from experience. My wife, for no just cause has vowed never to relate with my siblings and my mum. She hates them, she deleted their numbers from her phone. She said she will never pick their calls if she knows they are the ones calling. And if she picks her call & it is any of my family members, she will cut the call. And she specifically added that my mum is included. She vowed she will never allow any of them into our house. Now if you are in my position, what will do - especially as she is the extremely stubborn type? The situation causes me terrible pain.

Meanwhile I cherish all her siblings and her Mum.

Bros I am begging you don't marry her or at least delay the church wedding until she gets some sense. If you must marry her, get a written and video commitment from her that she will love and respect all members of your family the same way she loves and respects her family as long as your family don't do her any serious harm (in any case you won't allow your family hurt your wife). If she refuses to make the commitment or she does so halfheartedly, call of the wedding. I am just trying to spare a brother a lifetime of pain. Believe me you don't want the pain and confusion which among other things will affect your work/job/business or whatever you do. I don talk my own
What will I do? shocked Report her antics to her family and ask them to advise her to change. Watch her over a period of a few months, to check if she has adjusted her behaviour. If there is no improvement, bros' abeg I will divorce her, sharp-sharp! Life is too short to be miserable. sad

By the way how old is she, and what exactly did your family do to her? In what way did they offend her? Abeg, delete her from your marital status if she does not adjust her attitude. My old teacher used to say: "Oyinbo man wey do pencil, na im create eraser, too...!"

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
please I was only asking a question. I didn't and will not try to dissociate with my family members?
guy me i wil advice dat u cal a meeting asap. Bt dis shld b btw a few of her family members nd urx. So dat u'll ask her 2 xplain d reason 4 d hatred 2wards ur sistas nd mom. Personally i wont advice u 2 get married 2 her without resolvin d ish...

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by jamesbridget13(f): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2017
I am a married woman op. N with all fairness, don't begin to hate ur wife for this. Probably she is among d ones that believe what they hear about in laws being unfair to their daughter in laws(I have had my fair share)

Op talk to ur wife. Tell her to accept ur people. Tell her u will stand by her if perhaps there is any unfair treatment which won't be. Assure her that ur people love her n that if she loves them back she won't regret it.

She is only trying to avoid them to avoid troubles but that's not d best way to go about it. I hope she understands n change her mindset

2 Likes

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by aziaka111(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2017
those kind of wives God forbid once u lost ur job they are gone, think twice

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by ezugegere(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2017
Call off the Church wedding before you put yourself in a life of perpetual regret and misery. No woman in this world should ever come between you a nd your family unless you are a real F00L. Remember, your wife can disown you anytime when things go bad, but your family will never disown you.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
Good morning wonderful nairalanders.

I Am having a very delicate family issues now. I am an only son of my family and 5 sisters all married, since I brought my wife to be to them they all love her with passion and they keep telling me to take good care of the girl, they keep warning me not to treat her bad.

My sister love my Wife with passion including my aged mother but my wife to be in return hates them openly to me.

She doesn't like me mention them before her or discuss any thing with them. But she adores her family so much. We have finished traditional marriage remaining church wedding which is next two weeks from today.

During our preparations my family has noticed her long mute with them in issues of our wedding arrangement, they ask me but I told them that my wife is a shy type that doesn't talk too much but I was lying.

N/B they have not done anything evil to her and they will not think about it because they all fear me but my confusion Now is why my wife hates them? One of my sister lives in the same city with my wife but she hardly visits her.

My fellow comrades please what do I do? I can't hate my sisters because they and their husbands train me in the university . I came from a poor home but seeing the love I have for education all My sisters and their husbands swear that I must attend university . My God's grace I am working in one of the best organization in the country now am comfortable. Do I chase my family away now because of a woman I am getting married to? Help am confused.

Thanks in anticipation
u are lucky ur woman showed her own color b4 marriage, mine pretended b4 marriage and showed her true color few months into marriage

2 Likes

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by AceVentura: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
Advice from someone who has been married for a while, shut this "sham" of a marriage down now.

It's bound to fail cos you're getting hitched with a selfish lady.

Your own don be if you go ahead with it.

All the best in life.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Ola5TP: 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:

I Am having a very delicate family issues now. I am an only son of my family and 5 sisters all married, since I brought my wife to be to them they all love her with passion and they keep telling me to take good care of the girl, they keep warning me not to treat her bad.

My sister love my Wife with passion including my aged mother but my wife to be in return hates them openly to me.

She doesn't like me mention them before her or discuss any thing with them. But she adores her family so much. We have finished traditional marriage remaining church wedding which is next two weeks from today.

During our preparations my family has noticed her long mute with them in issues of our wedding arrangement, they ask me but I told them that my wife is a shy type that doesn't talk too much but I was lying.

N/B they have not done anything evil to her and they will not think about it because they all fear me but my confusion Now is why my wife hates them? One of my sister lives in the same city with my wife but she hardly visits her.

My fellow comrades please what do I do? I can't hate my sisters because they and their husbands train me in the university . I came from a poor home but seeing the love I have for education all My sisters and their husbands swear that I must attend university . My God's grace I am working in one of the best organization in the country now am comfortable. Do I chase my family away now because of a woman I am getting married to? Help am confused.

Thanks in anticipation
Bro u must be a fool, no offense. How could u let a woman who came from no where and can still leave u for another man in no time take u away from ur family? Only stupid and fool men allow that.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Lotechi(m): 3:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
That girl wants to reap where she did not sow!!!!!!! Run for your life or watch her make life a living hell. a word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Ogechux(m): 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
You have given room to a beast to be born by your "wife's" attitude. You ought to have tackled this issue before talking of marrying her; it didn't just start. Would advice you put your feet to the ground before the church wedding to put to her "stupidity" in check or you live your marriage to her in misery. She's wicked and callous. Think with your head and be a man. All the best
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Lotechi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
.I can't imagine a girl make me love my siblings any less. If it hasn't dawned on you, let me tell you that your sibling is just like you in another form.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Bimbilla(m): 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:

Thanks in anticipation
pls my bro she not your future wife

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Oyindidi(f): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2017
misterme:

I don't care what people will say of my suggestion, I will give it anyway.

If all you said is true and you have not wedded yet, then CALL OFF the wedding asap or at least delay it until you can get her to understand the place of your family in your life.

Women tire me o. She expects you to now hate and avoid people you have known all your life for someone that is just coming into your life now? Pls I beg you, don't marry her no matter how far you have gone before now or how much you have spent. Otherwise you will regret it and you will cry a lot. If your family were bad, it will be a different ball game.

I am telling you from experience. My wife, for no just cause has vowed never to relate with my siblings and my mum. She hates them, she deleted their numbers from her phone. She said she will never pick their calls if she knows they are the ones calling. And if she picks her call & it is any of my family members, she will cut the call. And she specifically added that my mum is included. She vowed she will never allow any of them into our house. Now if you are in my position, what will do - especially as she is the extremely stubborn type? The situation causes me terrible pain.

Meanwhile I cherish all her siblings and her Mum.

Bros I am begging you don't marry her or at least delay the church wedding until she gets some sense. If you must marry her, get a written and video commitment from her that she will love and respect all members of your family the same way she loves and respects her family as long as your family don't do her any serious harm (in any case you won't allow your family hurt your wife). If she refuses to make the commitment or she does so halfheartedly, call of the wedding. I am just trying to spare a brother a lifetime of pain. Believe me you don't want the pain and confusion which among other things will affect your work/job/business or whatever you do. I don talk my own
Watin you do your wife? I'm more interested in your story

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by tukdi: 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2017
Rozaytee:
3 gbosa for u!!
Don't mind him dear! cool
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Obiwiz(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:

Thanks in anticipation
Bro, this sounds like ur wife-to-be isn't really matured. And from what I've seen, and known, life is harder with immature people around a person. Talking about mental maturity, which is not always dependent on age of individuals. Talk to ur wife about the issue in the company of a neutral elder who's experienced in matters of life. And if u guys can't reach a reasonable resolution after the talks, you should walk, bro. No use ur hand buy wahala for urself.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
A little of what transpired between us two days ago. In one of the people we want to use for our wedding, the person she recommended charge a huge amount of money which I can not pay, then I contacted my sisters to look for other person's we can use lo and behold they found people with a big difference in price variations so I decide to settle with the ones my sister recommended hence they will render same quality of services. Immediately I told her the latest, she started grumbling and saying that my sisters are controlling me that they can't come to her own family and decides what happens, I was shocked to hear that again after I caution her some months back for using this same language. My brethren 400k and 280k are they same thing? This is just a tip of her yelling about my sisters. My sisters don't know about this oh now, as am writing now my elder sister called me now and was telling me to make sure that I give My wife money to select a good wedding gown . They even told me last time that I should make sure I buy car for her before she born her first child to lessen the stress of her carrying a child in Keke or bike or Taxi. What do we call this?
oga, go and sit down. Didn't you go for marriage counselling? Whatever your plans, plan and decide only with your wife. Let God only be the your third party. Like what you just said, before choosing the vendor, you should have called to intimate her on the progress of things. The biggest threat to a woman in her matrimonial home is when her position feels threatened. Never allo w her feel like her role is being taken away from her

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Demainman1: 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nice piece. I also married this type of immature woman. Na die I dey o grin

Badgers14:

Have you asked your wife privately about why she is feeling that way towards your family

That's a good starting point, then from her response then you can atleast hear from her.

I had a similar experience with my wife, she came to our house greeted my mom.. She said my mom didn't respond. My mom in return was upset that the lady i was marrying didn't greet her. Wahala grin

There was a bit cold reception between two of them for a while.. My wife thought my mom don't like her, my mom thought she was disrespectful. Then i know my mom don't have any issue with her and she in turn doesn't have any issues.. The only problem was the greeting stuff.

Now, i can't turn my back on my mother neither can i turn my back on my wife. So i had my wife buy a hollandaise and gave her telling her she was sorry, when they first met she was too overwhelmed that she contained her exciting too much, she thought she greeted her but the greetings didn't come out loud enough. She is a shy girl bla bla. My mom accepted the wrapper and that was the end of it.

The reason why i approached the situation like that was one, i don't know who was right and wrong.. I was there oo but i was talking with my dad. Asking my mom to accept that she was greeted and talk to my wife.. She wouldn't be too happy.. Infact that would be world war 3. So my wife had to bear the burden of accepting that she was at fault but not in a rude way so.. We are now a jolly happy family.

The reason why i told you mine story is to give you idea .

But first thing first.. Talk to your wife and find out her reason for feeling that way towards your family.

Good luck my brother.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by rainbow88: 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:

Thanks in anticipation
Nothing from your story shows that she hates them. If you think she does, confront her. Take your decision based on her response

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by ezesun(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:

Thanks in anticipation
Sir, please settle everything before you marry her. Same thing happened to my brother, he cries everyday.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by losom(f): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
I dont think your wife hates your sisters and mother rather i think she has had a bad experience growing up! She has this fear that they would be cruel to her when she finally becomes your wife! Help her change her orientation about this. its not easy but i can relate to this perfectly but with time she would come to love them

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by delpee(f): 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2017
@op

Resolve all these issues with your wife before you get married. Frankly I don't think it wise for a woman to marry into a family that she doesn't love. Love is what makes the burdens of marriage easier to bear. If only she knows that dumping your family will make you miserable and that it will rub off on her. Probably you didn't give her enough opportunity to get close to them and understand your family relationship and your expectation before proposing marriage. Marriage is far deeper than a fine face and other mundane issues. It's a lifetime commitment for serious minded people.

By the way, does she expect you to relate to her family the same way?
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by delpee(f): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
ezesun:

Sir, please settle everything before you marry her. Same thing happened to my brother, he cries everyday.

That's really sad. He should go for counseling and watch his health. Misery is a silent killer. May God be with him.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Augustap(f): 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
I don't know if i should call you a fool or a brainless mistake of a child. Either ways you need a resounding slap to get ur senses back from where it's being held hostage. Your family have been there for you from day one, and will keep being there even after the silly cockroach you call a wife leaves you. She wants to cause disharmony in your home and you're thinking of supporting her. Many ladies pray for mothers and sisters in-law that will love them and that gorilla is there forming nonsense. You better send her packing cos if she eventually starts liking dem now, that's going to be pretence and when she fully enters, then she'll unleash the dragon. Btw, i suspect her mother is her accomplice. No good mother will keep shut when her daughter hates her new family. Run before it's too late. You must not come here again wailing that she fought your mother or did other stupid things, if you do, I'll catch you and break every piece of bone you've got, one after the other.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Truesapiosexual(f): 4:50am On Sep 15, 2017
I don't understand why ladies of these days don't want to see their inlaw eye to eye at the end of the day we ladies are also gonna be mother in laws and wouldn't want any thing to cut ties with our children , what you serve it's what you get anyways

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by sfinkzslot(m): 5:14am On Sep 15, 2017
sfinkzslot:
no woman is worth pursuing your family for, blood is thicker than water

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by temmylorlah(f): 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
tyson98:
Can't love my family less,if a woman is marrying me then she's marrying me and my family which is my bro and dad ,cos mum died in 1999 and we went tru hell to get tru to where we are now

Na so my bro tell hin wife up till nw me and hin wife close pass my bro sef grin

So nigga have a rethink family will be there for u but a strange woman u met in your journey in life can leave u at any damn time!
Can't even deal! my mother! If you can't dot on her, we can't be friends!
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by MightyFortress: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Useful
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Coolgent(m): 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
amliftedhigher:

Thanks in anticipation

One of my friend has suffered from similar incident, but the refused to change even after 3yrs of marriage, she even tried to poison his Mum!
My advice is you should do the needful now before its too late remember your family are very important considering what they have done to you especially your Mum, if i were u i will cancel the wedding before its too late.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Naolo: 8:57am On Sep 16, 2017
This kind of wife will end up like my brother wife. Please go and read my story and ask me any question I will five you the answer and tell you all about my family. As I am writing now my mum is still in the hospital.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Viking007(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2017
coolcatty:
Smh

This marriage is so so heading to the rocks.... See massive red flag.

10k bet that this marriage won't get to 1year mark.

Who's betting with me on this?
You need to stake a higher amount to get a good profit, because the odd for it NOT to exceed 1yr is less than 1% i.e 1.01.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by ezesun(m): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
delpee:

That's really sad. He should go for counseling and watch his health. Misery is a silent killer. May God be with him.
Amen oo. Thank you ma.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by lastmessenger: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2017
Suspend the white wedding until you iron the issue out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Am Not Satisfied With Food, Money Without Sex – Wife / So My Woman Has Been Cheating Me!! / Maternity Shoot Of 4 Pregnant Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.