Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History (29146 Views)

West Africa's Top 6 Most Modern And Beautiful Airports?? Gh,Senegal,Naija, Togo / Today In History / The Most Fatal Mistakes One Should Never Ever Make. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by MRAKBEE(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2017
tunjijones:
I was in abuja stadium to take the test during the immigration stampede. A 60000 capacity stadium yet 68000 candidates were invited. In my very eye I saw a girl being step upon. She cried for help luckily for her myself and another guy were around to pull her up from being stampede to death. She came out alive but not without several bruises. Not fewer that 18 pple died in abuja stadium that day.i still haven't forgiven Jonathan and PDP for this act.
So u Cudnt testify without adding political party?
Atleast the recruitment was open to all and not what is happening now.
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Waladade4luv(m): 8:00am On Sep 14, 2017
PSVITA:
people way die no reach 50.
And because of that its not a stampede or dia lifes doesnt worth anything
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by peeberry2(m): 8:31am On Sep 14, 2017
benedictjohn:
lost interest as it isn't Explorer
as if you are in my mind.explorer na baba
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by dbynonetwork: 8:52am On Sep 14, 2017
tunjijones:
I was in abuja stadium to take the test during the immigration stampede. A 60000 capacity stadium yet 68000 candidates were invited. In my very eye I saw a girl being step upon. She cried for help luckily for her myself and another guy were around to pull her up from being stampede to death. She came out alive but not without several bruises. Not fewer that 18 pple died in abuja stadium that day.i still haven't forgiven Jonathan and PDP for this act.

Bro I was there too, I remember we broke d gate which resulted into mass influx of people into d premises... It's effect was catastrophic..
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by martineverest(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2017
lonecatt:
and people did not run for safety thereby having themselves killed in the process to the extent that hundreds died in a canal faraway isolo. what do you even understand by stampede? you that is already calling someone ODE?
that was PANIC and helter shelter....... Stampede is different....... Imagine a gunshot in an open space with 200 ppl and a gunshot in an small room contain 200 ppl with just a single door as escape route
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by wackpoet(m): 8:01am On Sep 15, 2017
martineverest:
that was PANIC and helter shelter....... Stampede is different....... Imagine a gunshot in an open space with 200 ppl and a gunshot in an small room contain 200 ppl with just a single door as escape route
this is dumb tho. stampede is a result of panic. I and my family were one of the first people to cross the canal, way before close to 600 people died check (Wikipedia for cross reference). If that is not a stampede, I don't know what is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is That Bad Incident You'll Never Forget? / Have You Broken Your New Year Resolution On The First Day Of The Year? / Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.