Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. (750 Views)

IPoB: Igbos come here and discuss Biafra agitation as led by Nnamdi Kanu / N200m Water Fountain In Benin, Oshiomhole Built: See The Current State / Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari Regarding The Current Issues In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2017
It's not a bad thing for a geopolitical zone in a country to seek for Independence if done in the right way. It's undeniable that the remaining parts of the same country will oppose this. I know the shortcomings of my people and I clearly suggest that these shortcomings be addressed before clamouring for Biafra. We all know the reasons why the Igbos wants to leave Nigeria but i think that so many factors have inhibited the Biafran dream. They include :
1. Tribalism
2. Religious beliefs
3. Born to rule ideology
4. Control of power
5. Diversification of Natural resources
6. The need for togetherness and Unity
7. Already existing businesses
8. Lack of civil leadership
9. Political differences
10. Wrong information from the media
11. Corruption
12. Hate (sorry to say this)
13. Fear of war
14. A list of others
The manner at which the President is going about this issue of Biafra is totally wrong. The Operation Python Dance I and II shouldn't have come into this matter. The other parts of the country might feel safe and sound today but if things go south to an unbearable extent, we'll all feel the impact. Biafra is nothing like Boko Haram. Biafra is one third of the Nations population and if in anyway this issue of Biafra should go too violent, even the Igbos like me that are feeling Neutral will defend my people and i don't think my Military brothers will forsake their families for a proven lost cause. I beg of every well meaning Nigerian to rise up and address this issue, change our mindsets and the way we view each other. I'm in the Building Industry and I've experienced the positive effects of everyone in this field and I cannot afford to loose such. The manner at which we attack ourselves here is outrageous and ill. Some hate speeches can change the way one sees the other and it's not good a thing. Seun my brother, please intensify the fight against tribal and religious bigotry and fights here on Nairaland cause it's really causing a lot of psychological and emotional problems. We should all be reasonable and know the right thing to do and say because what you say can affect you and others negatively in the future. The cause for Biafra is a very delicate matter and it should be addressed with upmost care and discretion.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2017
Good one from you. May your wife never run away from you.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by madridguy(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2017
In pigs and idiots voice, AFONJA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by paiz: 9:42am On Sep 13, 2017
Before you have a say who are you?
And what have you achieved?

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by Jetjacky(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2017
Now that I have read, I share the same view, and the government is holding this raised issues in their measures to calm the agitation. Give each region a good rule to give them equality of all things, no. Give them their desire to stand alone, no. If the british had done the same, do yuothink Nigeria will be independent?
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by madridguy(m): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2017
Good job and I suggest you write another article to caution your brothers to stop preaching hate. You bring the Python dance upon yourselves so you guys should get enough dancing shoes.

CASTOSVILLA:
It's not a bad thing for a geopolitical zone in a country to seek for Independence if done in the right way. It's undeniable that the remaining parts of the same country will oppose this. I know the shortcomings of my people and I clearly suggest that these shortcomings be addressed before clamouring for Biafra. We all know the reasons why the Igbos wants to leave Nigeria but i think that so many factors have inhibited the Biafran dream. They include :
1. Tribalism
2. Religious beliefs
3. Born to rule ideology
4. Control of power
9. Political differences
11. Corruption
13. Fear of war
14. A list of others
The manner at which the President is going about this issue of Biafra is totally wrong. The Operation Python Dance I and II shouldn't have come into this matter. The other parts of the country might feel safe and sound today but if things go south to an unbearable extent, we'll all feel the impact. Biafra is nothing like Boko Haram. Biafra is one third of the Nations population and if in anyway this issue of Biafra should go too violent, even the Igbos like me that are feeling Neutral will defend my people and i don't think my Military brothers will forsake their families for a proven lost cause. I beg of every well meaning Nigerian to rise up and address this issue, change our mindsets and the way we view each other. I'm in the Building Industry and I've experienced the positive effects of everyone in this field and I cannot afford to loose such. The manner at which we attack ourselves here is outrageous and ill. Some hate speeches can change the way one sees the other and it's not good a thing. Seun my brother, please intensify the fight against tribal and religious bigotry and fights here on Nairaland cause it's really causing a lot of psychological and emotional problems. We should all be reasonable and know the right thing to do and say because what you say can affect you and others negatively in the future. The cause for Biafra is a very delicate matter and it should be addressed with upmost care and discretion.

Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by voiceofreasonin: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2017
can there be another way of getting this Biafra? cos this one I'm seeing, there's gonna be a lotta blood shed.
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by AkProsper(m): 10:06am On Sep 13, 2017
open, in one word are you or against biafra . . . . . . . . . . check my signature ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:21am On Sep 13, 2017
paiz:
Before you have a say- who are you
what have you achieved
I've not achieve half of what you have achieved but i strongly believe that there're no meta humans among us so, each to it's own opinion.
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by ificatchmodeh: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2017
BIAFRA OR DEAtH.. they can only try..

we're resolute..and that what scares them.. they just can't comprehend.

but is happening..right before dia very eyes..

the SPIRIT IS ALIVE.
IPOB the MOVEMENT.

in the end..Biafra FLAG will fly so high..
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by Adebola02(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2017
I applaud your peace making gesture

Tribalism will lead us to nowhere

Such a nice piece
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by otokx(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2017
How are the Igbos a third of Nigeria? That is so untrue.
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by Ballmer: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2017
CASTOSVILLA:

1. Tribalism
2. Religious beliefs
3. Born to rule ideology
4. Control of power
9. Political differences
11. Corruption
13. Fear of war
14. A list of others

Buhari will be a fool to grant Biafra a single of this concession. When PDP takes over Ipob can ask for a new planet if they want. Left to me if I was Buhari I will ensure this descend to where Congo Democratic is today so the entire Igbo race will have a reawakening of what the federal might is. After discovering how PDP sacrificed your population for their lost you'd never dream of Biafra talk less of wanting it. This buhari is just too senseless. Ordinary to read world news and learn how leaders handles situation such as this e no fit.
Re: My Take On The Current Agitation As An Igbo Man. by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:41am On Sep 13, 2017
Ballmer:

Buhari will be a fool to grant Biafra a single of this concession. When PDP takes over Ipob can ask for a new planet if they want. Left to me if I was Buhari I will ensure this descend to where Congo Democratic is today so the entire Igbo race will have a reawakening of what the federal might is. After discovering how PDP sacrificed your population for their lost you'd never dream of Biafra talk less of wanting it. This buhari is just too senseless. Ordinary to read world news and learn how leaders handles situation such as this e no fit.
Your approach is not commendable at all. Tell me, how's Spain dealing with Catalonia or how was Brexit achieved. Good morning sir

(1) (Reply)

How Was Buhari Able To Deceive Nigerians He Was Going To Fight Corruption? / Details Of 2017 Budget Bill Still Not Published / IPOB Not A Terrorist Organisation — Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.