Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Biafra Agitation,threats And Need For Sincerity Of Purpose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation,threats And Need For Sincerity Of Purpose (279 Views)

Kanu Vows To Drop Biafra Agitation If Anyone Stream Live From Buhari's Office / Atiku To Supporters: There Will Be Threats And Insults, Ignore Them Speak Facts / Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Agitation,threats And Need For Sincerity Of Purpose by Otunbalarry: 10:21am On Sep 13, 2017
Ever since the Biafra War,many persons till date have not found their family,many persons lost their lives but painfully Ojukwu did not lose his life nor his children.
There was starvation and hunger in the land but Ojukwu's immediate family did not experience any if this,far away they were from Nigeria while innocent Biafrans suffered from the initiative of a 'courageous' man.
This brings to the fore core issues we have suffered from as a Nation and the need for vocal understanding of our problems.

I have always toed the line of the beleive that Biafra is not the solution to the problems facing the South Eastern part of the country.

Smart enough,Nnamdi Kanu has taken his family out of Nigeria while many young Biafrans who perhaps want to have a feel of what it looked like then put their lives on the line from time to time.
I may be open to criticism but i would call the attention of Kanu to the fact that really achieving seccession is beyond the talk of burning down the country,i wonder deep in me if the "savior" does not understand that souls will be lost,perhaps he is less concerned about any such outcome.
Lets take issues back to perspective,the Biafra struggle currently now is borne out of feeling of neglect and economic issues facing Nigeria,while i agree that Nigeria needs to do more for her countrymen, i see desperation taking over Biafra on the long run.
The battle is of course fuelled by people who feel they will benefit if secession is actualized,that is not leaving out Kanu who even without Biafra according to pictures online accept people bowing to his feet and lots of other things that characterise even the present day Nigerian leadership,i see more worse when Biafra comes to play.

Jokingly,one would have expected a stern Kanu,he wanted Nigeria to burn but just a feel of heat is making him run helter skelter,there have been issues in this country before now, when we lose lives daily,we should retrace our steps. In fighting a battle as Nnamdi kanu poses,he should not leave issues and start attending issues,i have been caught in middle of crisis before now and i tell you,only survivors live to tell the story.

While we all know issues facing Nigeria, i look to recall statements by IPOB through their spokesperson Emma powerful

: “Arresting Kanu again cannot stop the agitation,
rather it will be a very big mistake on the side of federal
government and its security operatives because when the
security operatives arrested him on his arrival from London
in his hotel room in Lagos, it sparked protests and rallies
across the world.
“Arresting him again will draw the attention of the world
leaders and other relevant organisations closer to the quest
for Biafra independence.
“Therefore, we don’t give a damn, whether they arrest him or
not. We don’t bother. Keeping Kanu in or out of Nigeria
prison means nothing to us because the restoration effort
continues unabated. Having Kanu in prison is always good
for the struggle to restore Biafra.” this was widely reported.
If perhaps arresting Nnamdi Kanu is no big deal again,so why the fuse?
The disrapaging statements shows inconsistency from the acclaimed leaders of the 'battle'. If the IPOB leaders can easily backoff their own statements, they are no different from Politrikcians who will say something to sway people but cannot stand their foot.

Mr Kanu should not play on emotions and unhappiness of those who have made up his members,selfish interests may be interesting now but not on the long run.

Mr Kanu seems  not to be listening to his father too, In a widely publicized interview,Mr Kanu's father advised him to take thins easy and watch what he would say ,although the same father said he was not scared of his son been arrested again

" I am appealing to the Federal
Government to set Nnamdi free by
withdrawing all the charges, because he
has not come to kill anybody" he was quoted as saying in a newspaper report.

" Yes, my advice to my son is that he
should take things easy; he should be
careful on the things he will say. I am
saying this, because there are people
who are experts in distorting facts and
what someone says, for selfish reasons.
One will say something and they will turn
it to another thing to curry favour" the same report said this too, perhaps the father already saw a day like this coming, but nevertheless, Mr Kanu should know that Biafra does not end corruption, Biafra is not an automatic ticket to buoyancy economically too.

Agitations that would kill millions are better done in other ways too. C

If sincerity is the purpose then, words are the most powerful

Olanrewaju Oyedeji writes in from Lagos.
He can be reached via olanrewajusamuel8@gmail.com

cc lalasticlala
Re: Biafra Agitation,threats And Need For Sincerity Of Purpose by justmi1: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2017
i dey here!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Support Group Call On Pdp To Allow Justice Prevail / Nigeria@57:police Assure Of Watertight Security, Panic-free Celebration In KWARA / What Do Nigerians Really Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.