Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? (2047 Views)

Tesla Owner Implants Keys Into His Own Hands ( Pics, Video) / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See / Grab Their Keys: 4 Ways To Convince Friends To Stop Drinking And Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by fineboynl(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
Lexus boys always like to flash keys in gathering. But you can hardly find same with benz boys?

What could be the reason?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by doublesigh: 11:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
Let people live smiley. They worked hard for it, e no easy buy anything in this country these days

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by latiephwald(m): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2023
doublesigh:
Let people live smiley. They worked hard for it, e no easy buy anything in this country these days

They worked hard by scamming locally and internationally? When you fall to thier victim, you will know they really work hard. Fool

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by doublesigh: 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2023
latiephwald:

They worked hard by scamming locally and internationally? When you fall to thier victim, you will know they really work hard. Fool

Sigh. I meant people who work legally. Young banker saves for 5-8 years to buy a small Lexus. Big win in my books still but go off

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by buygala(m): 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2023
latiephwald:

E no fit beta for the kain poverty wey hold you sotay you dey see all Lexus owners as scammers..abi na me no see wia op mention yahoo boys with Lexus?

Pesin flash key of im moto wey im carry im moni buy, but all you can assume is that he must be a scammer?... As u no want make e flash key of im moto, boya make e come cut your preek turn am to keyholder dey flash am?

Different kinds of animals dey nairaland sha grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2023
because they are childish,teenagers

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by chronos00: 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2023
Mumu. Because all Honda drivers na adults and responsible. Yet people like you are the most childish in this section. Jumping around from Toyota thread to Lexus thread exhibiting your ignorance like a homeless prostitute

Fool

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2023
Poverty regularly displays itself as a wanton need to impress and receive validation.

So yeah, anyone who flashes their keys is poor. The worst kind of poor as well.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2023
HeavenlyBang:
Poverty regularly displays itself as a wanton need to impress and receive validation.

confam poor,so disgusting

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by 9icetoo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Sarcasm or ....

I really don't get the penchant for comparing Mercedes and Lexus owners.

@OP, There are more Lexus cars on the roads than Mercedes so it might be purely coincidental that you see more Lexus keys than Mercedes keys.

Your perspective (flaunting keys) might be different from that of the car owner.

People do not pocket their cars for a variety of reasons.
1. Bulk
2. Tight clothing
3. Convenience
4. Accessibility.

I can't count the number of times I have had to dig into my trouser to get my key out when I am wearing a tight trouser and how uncomfortable it was.

In the end, I got a clip and hang my keys on my belt holder.

Am I flaunting?

I am merely doing what is convenient.

When I am wearing loose clothing, I pocket the keys since it is less of a hassle.

Frankly, I have not noticed that people flaunt keys.

@OP, are you bothered about people's keys in any way? Check yourself oo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2023
9icetoo:

Sarcasm or ....

I really don't get the penchant for comparing Mercedes and Lexus owners.

@OP, There are more Lexus cars on the roads than Mercedes so it might be purely coincidental that you see more Lexus keys than Mercedes keys.

Your perspective (flaunting keys) might be different from that of the car owner.

People do not pocket their cars for a variety of reasons.
1. Bulk
2. Tight clothing
3. Convenience
4. Accessibility.

I can't count the number of times I have had to dig into my trouser to get my key out when I am wearing a tight trouser and how uncomfortable it was.

In the end, I got a clip and hang my keys on my belt holder.

Am I flaunting?

I am merely doing what is convenient.

When I am wearing loose clothing, I pocket the keys since it is less of a hassle.

Frankly, I have not noticed that people flaunt keys.

@OP, are you bothered about people's keys in any way? Check yourself oo.

I didn't mention Mercedes owners at all?

And yes, now you mention it, I see the utilitarian quality of hanging keys. But in my experience most people who do it aren't doing it for utility or practicality; they do it to show off that they're car owners.

Keep in mind that most contemporary cars don't need you to actually bring out your keys for anything, thanks to keyless entry and keyless go. Imo, unless in a very niche case like yours where there's just no space in pockets, I don't see the point in hanging a car key.

In most cases, it's a similar issue to those who walk about waving iPhones around the place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by 9icetoo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

And yes, now you mention it, I see the utilitarian quality of hanging keys. But in my experience most people who do it aren't doing it for utility or practicality; they do it to show off that they're car owners.

Keep in mind that most contemporary cars don't need you to actually bring out your keys for anything, thanks to keyless entry and keyless go. Imo, unless in a very niche case like yours where there's just no space in pockets, I don't see the point in hanging a car key.

In most cases, it's a similar issue to those who walk about waving iPhones around the place.
If you are talking about cars with push to start and keyless entry systems, then I totally get you.
Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Djreloaded(m): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Is this sarcastic? Or an inherent display of shallow thinking?
I'd pray it's the former.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by doublesigh: 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

How many cars on Lagos roads have keyless entry? For a start?

Or whatever state you are in?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2023
doublesigh:

How many cars on Lagos roads have keyless entry? For a start?

Or whatever state you are in?

Post said Lexus owners. Most Lexus on Nigerian roads have keyless entry and go as far as I know. The popular IS and ES both have.
Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2023
Djreloaded:
Is this sarcastic? Or an inherent display of shallow thinking?
I'd pray it's the former.

Poverty of the mind is a terrible disease, my friend.

BTW, if you follow for those wey dey hang key for waist to show people say you get motor, try change this 2023 grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Djreloaded(m): 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

Poverty of the mind is a terrible disease, my friend.

BTW, if you follow for those wey dey hang key for waist to show people say you get motor, try change this 2023 grin
I'm not your friend you Skunk head.

This is officiald.j, and if you think people "mainly" hang their keys to show-off, rather than convenience, then you deserve a brain refund..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:24am On Feb 28, 2023
Djreloaded:
I'm not your friend you Skunk head.

This is officiald.j, and if you think people "mainly" hang their keys to show-off, rather than convenience, then you deserve a brain refund..

If I know say na you, I for no reply. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Djreloaded(m): 8:40am On Mar 01, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

If I know say na you, I for no reply. cheesy
ómó alé grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Elsueno: 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
I don't think it's a show off, most people who hang keys on thier belt do not only for car keys alone but sometimes with apartment or office keys.....it's kind even hard to notice unless u are specifically looking for it

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:40am On Mar 04, 2023
It's so childish, even oyibo wey manufacture the cars dont hang keys on belts or trousers.so irritating. Spits
Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by chronos00: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2023
Omo ale. Constantly exhibiting ignorance and stupidity. Hanging keys from a belt has been a fashion statement for longer than you have been alive

Stating oyibo don't hang keys from belt as if you have ever left your stinking decrepit backwater village in the entirety of your existence

If seeing fine car keys hanging on belt dey pain you, I have a recommendation for you, an action to take so it can all stop. It benefits you, and the larger sane society will be very grateful.
Just go ahead and kill yourself
Idiot

1 Like

Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
chronos00:
Omo ale. Constantly exhibiting ignorance and stupidity. Hanging keys from a belt has been a fashion statement for longer than you have been alive

Stating oyibo don't hang keys from belt as if you have ever left your stinking decrepit backwater village in the entirety of your existence

If seeing fine car keys hanging on belt dey pain you, I have a recommendation for you, an action to take so it can all stop. It benefits you, and the larger sane society will be very grateful.
Just go ahead and kill yourself
Idiot
e dey funny me why u are pained.Na teenager u be.dem suppose abort u.Ode
Re: Why Do Lexus Boys Like To Flash Their Keys In Public? by ariesbull: 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

I totally agree with you

(1) (Reply)

Audi A4 Vs 406 All Estate And 1999 Model. / The New G-class Squared / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.