Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,831 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Are Bankers Stingy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Bankers Stingy? (3285 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Bankers Stingy? by bamsonkumu(m): 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hello,

I want to really understand if truly bankers are stingy as some babes says or is it that  babes thinks they are?
I am a banker myself and i don't think we are stingy but are just being over hyped, so let me hear your view NL.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by dominique(f): 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
i have got no idea. maybe other bankers' chicks should speak out.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by mamagee3(f): 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2010
I have a banker in my family and he's not stingy. . .
So, what are you talking about?
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Freiburger(m): 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2010
bamsonkumu:

Hello,
Dis will be my first post in romance section, i want to really understand if truely bankers are stingy as some babes says or is it that babes thinks they have, am a banker myself and i dont think we are stingy but are just being over hyped, so let me here your view NL.

How many bankers have u come accrosed?
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by snowdrops(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
bamsonkumu:

Hello,
Dis will be my first post in romance section, i want to really understand if truely bankers are stingy as some babes says or is it that babes thinks they have, am a banker myself and i dont think we are stingy but are just being over hyped, so let me here your view NL.
Sweeping generalizations more often than not turn out to be false
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Ibime(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2010
bamsonkumu:

Hello,

No wonder the banking industry is struggling. . . with your level of literacy, Im not surprised. . .
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by googles: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
[size=13pt]its just a clichéd saying
and itz a very watery and baseless generalization
so a lawyer cannot be stingy
being a banker automatically makes u stingy ??
its like saying all doctors are good pple
doesn't make sense[/size]
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2010
Quite the contrary, they are big spenders.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by yme1(f): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2010
depends on the individual
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by bamsonkumu(m): 7:11am On Feb 28, 2010
@ibime wat do u mean?
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by axeman85(m): 7:45am On Feb 28, 2010
i am not stingy but i always believe in spending money on priorities first before any other thing. eg. if my madam ask me for 20k to make her hair and the dstv needs paying for, i will pay that first before her hair. so u might class dat as stingy but neverthtless. i believe in proper planning and budgeting before spending .
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by lourash(m): 9:20am On Feb 28, 2010
bankers don't even have money. they are broke people
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Stanfordx: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2010
bamsonkumu:

Hello,
Dis will be my first post in romance section, i want to really understand if truely bankers are stingy as some babes says or is it that  babes thinks they have, am a banker myself and i dont think we are stingy but are just being over hyped, so let me here your view NL.
I hate u al bankers,u might nt be stingy bt humanizerz.U al pursue al the newly employed girls in the bank both ur staff bomber to bomber including bank managers.My girl who jst startd her I.T in the bank are been molested sexualy both married n unmarid bankers.I hate u al.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by biina: 9:57am On Mar 01, 2010
@OP
Is the pope catholic? undecided tongue grin
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Yoighaman(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2010
What do you expect of an over-leveraged individual? 'stingyness' becomes his default character.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Alveez(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2010
@ POSTER
MAYBE those bankers you are talking about are those ones employed through AGENTS whose salaries have been MILK out by their employer(agents). they are usually cash counter.
Nobody is though ''stingy'' by nature, it is only when you don't have money dt people will coin out d name - STINGY as ur NICKNAME! when u av money, i mean REAL money, you will never be tagged stingy, @ worst they will claim you have too much POLICY.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Jcob(m): 7:59am On Mar 05, 2010
Maybe, Maybenot. It's an individual thing.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by fatai2: 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dear all,

Of course we r stingy cos we earn tru d hardest way & high level of uncertainty, there4 we have 2 save 4 rainy day as som of us r already in now.

Best rgrds

faisalfatai@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by nitendo(m): 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2010
na today?
look if bankers are stingy, very good they are. why do you think they are stingy? becos you demand more than they earn. you dont expect a banker to handover 22 days pay to you becos you are cool and chicky. be independent.
i think a lot is being expected from bankers. we go go steal for una?
be reminded that banker wife de fine well well o and no be stingy money dey make dem fine.
banker got buy every thing reach underwear with 3 post dated chqs and you still tag them stingy. thank u. i love been stingy/banker.
pressure for work reach to dey stingy o. come work for bank to know what am talking about. e no easy at all.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by scoro99(m): 12:13am On Mar 07, 2010
Bankers are not stingy people.

I used to be a banker b4 d tsunami in December.

d issue is this:

1. too many girlfriends to maintain.

2. family members callin.

3. Buying too many unecessary things to pay later.

the order of priority change for some people.

What i just gave u was my own scale of troubles,
grin cry grin
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 07, 2010
Professional Bankers are stingy

nigerian [b]bank workers[/b]on the other hand. . .most get caught up in the big boy lifestyle. . .
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by makky(f): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2010
They dnt even have d money, they tend to be who they r not & practically spend their salary b4 being paid. They just live in pretence and lies.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by 2lexy: 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
well, talking about bankers being stingy, in my own view, bankers are not stingy but rather conservative. working from 7:30 am to somtimes 7-8:30 pm is enough to make them conservative, people feel its all about working under the air conditioning system and looking fresh all day, well, let me annouce to you that banking is not easy, fine u're working under the air conditioning system u dont even feel its coolness, why? due to stressand internal pressure. this reason alone is enough to make dem conservative/ the stigma stingy. some foolish bankers spend above there means like buying too much unnecessary things to impress there numerous honnies/hommies, things like too much suit, shirts, shoes, perfs and all knowing fully well that just a suit cost about 15-20k on the average and all this are on there 3 post-dated cheques. A foolish banker life is a life of illusions and vague, but nevertheless, i wont blame them because that is what the coporate world has to offer them and hence they have to be trendy.[/font]
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by boyebabe(f): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2010
Hey, m one, and m not stingy!!!! Though,most of our men bankers are,i cant deny that fact,
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Sagamite(m): 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
Stingy?

They read the banker's book for him/her? Or they worked to put money in the banker's pocket? Who are they to demand money from him/her? Or tell him/her how to spend her money?

Bloody Nigerians!  undecided

axeman85:

i am not stingy but i always believe in spending money on priorities first before any other thing. eg. if my madam ask me for 20k to make her hair and the dstv needs paying for, i will pay that first before her hair. so u might class dat as stingy but neverthtless. i believe in proper planning and budgeting before spending .

Mate, I personally would have thought wifey's hair is more important than DSTV. As long as it is not an obsessive frequent hairstyle changing thing
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by spoilt(f): 1:23am On Mar 25, 2010
A lot of them live way beyond their means. Those flashy cars are bought with car loans. There are a lot of hangers on and hungry girls looking for their own share of the national cake. At the end of the day, that fat salary is all gone before it hits the account.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Hafolabi: 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
was it only me that noticed d dude whose Gfriend is being molested, it happens every where, would not hate any body for such but it happens and its not fair

so sorry for you, am sure if your girl friend is upright the hyena's will let go of her.

best of luck

who is not stingy? do u expect to start spend like log head
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by careerprof(m): 8:18am On Apr 07, 2010
i dont think they are stingy, they are only trying to be conservative which is the best as a fund manager
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by bashdecash(m): 9:37am On Apr 07, 2010
Stanfordx:

I hate u al bankers,u might nt be stingy bt humanizerz.U al pursue al the newly employed girls in the bank both your staff bomber to bomber including bank managers.My girl who jst startd her I.T in the bank are been molested sexualy both married n unmarid bankers.I hate u al.

English ooo.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by onimolej: 9:18am On Apr 09, 2010
Bankers are not stingy, just very prudent with their money considering the things mentioned by socro99 and others.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by jossylad86(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
we are stingy. and soooo. I will keep askin what do naija babez have to offer in relationship-jst askin for everytin to satisfy their fake lifes. Plz give bankers a break. When we start moving funds like the sacked CEOs to keep up, Sanusi wil start acting saviour. Rubbish.
Re: Are Bankers Stingy? by Mobsync(m): 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2010
YES grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graduate Cv Without Work Experience/ How / In progress / Consulting Vs Investment Banking - What You Need to Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.