Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,678 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

The Other Side Of Ladipo Market - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Other Side Of Ladipo Market (16435 Views)

Find Out Cost Of Engine, Transmission Or Gearbox At Ladipo Market. / Nigerians In Shock As Us-based Man Shares Photos Of ”ladipo Market” In America / As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Hexilon: 6:56am On Sep 22, 2017
cheesy Those guys eh!!
Logician:
ladipo guys go still show you missing parts on your car even if you bring a brand new 2018 model car
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by kendraloops(f): 11:39am On Sep 22, 2017
360command:
When I read the name of the hospital, my mind did not take me to Aqua as in water. but it took me to Aqua, a persons name from Ghana..I was right ...

aqua is a Ghanaian name? really? we truly learn everyday. thanks.
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by kendraloops(f): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
gypsey:
oh! really? so that tall halfcast doctor is Ghanaian, i knew him personally I once met his daughter who is also a doctor, one Christmas time i blew my fingers off with a knock out fire works accidentally, you remember knockout right? I was admitted in that hospital the hospital was right opposite my uncle's shop 37 palm Avenue he sold cement and marble products. grin last time I was there number 37 has disappeared i was told that no 37 was burnt down by fire years back by my uncle. the hospital has been turned into a bank.

yes, I remember banger abi na knockout, I'm not that young, lol. your uncle burnt his shop?
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
kendraloops:

yes, I remember banger abi na knockout, I'm not that young, lol. your uncle burnt his shop?
yes! Banger! That's it!. NO! he did not burn his shop. Apparently the shop caught fire a case of arson. So which Area of mushin did you grow up, if you were born in Aqua hospItal palm Avenue? grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by TRYGO(m): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2017
@abiolaladipo. This guy. You don catch me. I had wanted to do a writeup on that market.

But, kosi wahala.

Yeah, back to business.

The market is run by different varying groups.
The alayes, that prefer to sit down, and just come get some cash from people, when you buy parts, mist especially engine/transmission;

The excos of the market, who run it, and at the end of the day, share the proceeds they get from the collection of illegal taxes.

Then next you ha e the BARANDA people, that can also be somewhat classified as glorified "oloyes". They stand all day long on the road side, or shops, looking for clients. If you aren't lucky, as a novice, you meet any of them and tell them you want a particular part, instead of them telling you they don't have, they straightaway say, " I get am for my shop. make I go bring am". That way, you don enter one chance be that o!

So, in summary, the market us a cool place, with everything you want. I mean just everything you want. Igbo delicacies are just rampant over there.

My experiences has being;

1. I don't hand over parts to baranda guys to go look for parts for me. I tell them, Oga go bring the part.

2. Don't also give them money for parts search. Let there be parts, then money go show

3. Bought an engine/transmission, sometime ago, a trolley man said he'd deliver the parts to the taxi driver, and that he won't pay the alayes.

When he got there, na fight start oooooh. Alayes came from no where, and said to me, "Oga, efun wa #5000". I opened my mouth and said, " na by force? #5000 owo ki ni? They said, "owo loadi na". Their eyes were becoming bloody, I just had to negotiate 1500 with them.

PS: Nice and funny place; you got to learn how humans behave there.
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by TRYGO(m): 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
@InyinyaAgbaOku. Are you kidding or what? Have never heard of that before o, despite my plying that road.
Where excalty is it situated in Anambra please?
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by kendraloops(f): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
gypsey:
yes! Banger! That's it!. NO! he did not burn his shop. Apparently the shop caught fire a case of arson. So which Area of mushin did you grow up, if you were born in Aqua hospItal palm Avenue? grin

lol. I was only born there, I did not grow up there. lived in Isolo and after my 1st birthday, moved to okota, ago palace way till I left for university. Some history right? lol.

but I have folks in muslin, my uncle and family stay at Bello street, Papa Ajao. I do enter from the daleko side as I dey fear that mushin last bus stop, agbero too dey fight there.
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 23, 2017
kendraloops:

lol. I was only born there, I did not grow up there. lived in Isolo and after my 1st birthday, moved to okota, ago palace way till I left for university. Some history right? lol.

but I have folks in muslin, my uncle and family stay at Bello street, Papa Ajao. I do enter from the daleko side as I dey fear that mushin last bus stop, agbero too dey fight there.
cool! All the Above area you mentioned i am familiar with, they area still part of the mushin hood. Up to Aswani market so you are still one of the hoods queen grin grin. I was even born in England i only visited my uncle in palm Avenue numerous times, for holidays some times stayed for months till Christmas. From 12 till when I was16 years old. one time I stayed for 3 years just because it was a lot of fun. grin
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by maysimsimple(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2017
I remember In d early 90's, when d market was just springing up. I sell pure water n soft drinks... Got lot of memories of d place..
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by laudate: 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
igbsam:
Then you have no business being on this thread to discuss what goes down at ladipo market cos you have no idea what that market stands for or look like!

no pun intended
Don't mind him. He does not live in Nigeria. undecided
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by laudate: 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
gypsey:
cool! All the Above area you mentioned i am familiar with, they area still part of the mushin hood. Up to Aswani market so you are still one of the hoods queen grin grin. I was even born in England i only visited my uncle in palm Avenue numerous times, for holidays some times stayed for months till Christmas. From 12 till when I was16 years old. one time I stayed for 3 years just because it was a lot of fun. grin

Aswani, Ajao Estate, Ire-Akari Isolo..... those places bring back memories! cool Those Tuesday weekly markets at Aswani always caused huge traffic!
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by egike(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2017
gypsey:
what? shocked he was shot? they didn't blame you for his death. damn! terrible coincidence that was.
reminds me of when I was younger i met a girl and we were supposed to go for a date the next day. next day came i was exited, dressed up ready for the date, turn up at their house asked about her and her mother told me that she died the night before. shocked showed me her dead corpse, i think I went into a coma, still get nightmares after nearly 25 years it happened.
sorry bro for that awful experience,am a military​ person per say ,the only reason i want to get the police involved was cause i didn't want to declare my identity since they police patrol around the market at ladipo
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by masties2(f): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
gypsey:
i am not familiar with what you have mentioned, No! There's nothing i can do. And he even has the Audacity to buy himself a house some were in Abule super (i have no idea were that place is located) After he must have sold the Goods. Even though i let him and his families live in my property in palm Avenue rent free for years.

That's what is called sense of entitlement. Once there is a person based abroad, it is the intention to milk him dry for what he is worth. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by masties2(f): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
Had my share of ladipo when I went to buy some small parts for my car in 2014. What I found really strange was the continuous honking. I would jump in fear thinking a trailer was behind me. Later saw that it was the car horn repairers making all the noise. And yes, I got duped my first time buying parts there.
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by erico2k2(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ladipo ladipo, well what can I say,but Im still coming there lol
Re: The Other Side Of Ladipo Market by mutfad: 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
Is this the same ladipo where used uk/usa phones are sold?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Could Be Wrong With My Power Steering? / The Top 10 Futuristic Cars At Geneva Motor Show 2018 / What's Inside Channel Cuts Open Mercedes S-class Seat To Reveal How It Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.