Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company (19943 Views)

A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 / Access Staff Sack And Denial: Over 1000 Sacked And Was Not Paid Off / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by jashar(f): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hmmm
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by yemshine: 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
This is not a new thing in nigeria. The last time my company remitted pension was 2012 and its usually deducted from my salary every month.
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
deluxeT:

Against armless and frustrated people.

Just let a Nubian arrow laced with ordinary frog poison graze the skin of any of them.

then you will start hearing tributes to falling cowards called heroes.

Your grammar too much. No be only Nubian arrow, na Buharian bullet.
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by idupaul: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
jdluv:
Straight to the point, last year, my brother got a sack letter from a company he was working for after 3 years with the organization.

Then this month he got another employment. During the process of submitting forms after employment [you know all this guarantor forms, bank statement, etc.] He was asked if he had a pension account which he affirmatively replied. So he submitted the account detail only for the HR To check and find out that no single dime has ever been paid into the account. And for 3 years the company has been deducting a sum of 5k per month for pension. There was even a time he got a silp from the pension office that a sum of 7500 was paid in.

I want to know if there is something he can do or its normal?

There is nothing called pension ...it's a mirage..tell Ur brother to face his front
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Knight0777(m): 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
There are shylock employers all arround the country harvesting the efforts of hardworking employe and use it in fatening themselves. That's why i love the efforts of those guys at Listngist as it concentrate more on being your own boss rather than working for pension stealing employers.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by galantjoe(m): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
Can your brother answer these questions

Don't he get from PFA via his cell phone?

HR has no access to view any employee's RSA \pension balance

Do your brother have RSA Pin
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by bedspread: 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
SACKED AND DUPED.... ON 1 PERSON.....
TELL YOUR BROTHER TO FIX HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS TIGHT B4 Going for another Job
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Lizme21(f): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
Such companies are plenty, one just has to be watchful. My husband worked for a company they call orange drugs for almost 10months when they sacked him.. All through when he worked with them, they never paid his pension but they were deducting it from his salary.. in fact they r owing him his lieu of notice and some money n it's 10months from when they sacked him yet they haven't paid him or remitted his pension.... undecided cry undecided.. I wish there was a body in Nigeria one could report all these things to n they will take action.. But the last time I checked, din't c any....

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by jdluv(f): 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
obajoey:
This mostly happens when one is a contract staff. They deduct, but they don't remit all.
he was a contract staff but does that mean we cant take the matter up or should we leave it this way
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by jdluv(f): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
yemshine:
This is not a new thing in nigeria. The last time my company remitted pension was 2012 and its usually deducted from my salary every month.
but its unfair
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by jdluv(f): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
galantjoe:
Can your brother answer these questions

Don't he get from PFA via his cell phone?

HR has no access to view any employee's RSA \pension balance

Do your brother have RSA Pin
yes he does he said he HR askd him to check with d pfa that was where he got to know

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by jdluv(f): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
Policymaker88:
First thing to do is identify which organization was responsible for the pension scheme in his organization, then put together all the documentation relating to the pension scheme. If he still has records of alerts of payment into the pension account, he should include it too. Take all the documentation to the organization, they should be able to sort this out. Hope this helps.
thanks i just told him you suggestion
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Engrgreg231(m): 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
He should take his pay slip to his pension managers from there they will take it up let him be cal, his money is intact
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by jdluv(f): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
Lizme21:
Such companies are plenty, one just has to be watchful. My husband worked for a company they call orange drugs for almost 10months when they sacked him.. All through when he worked with them, they never paid his pension but they were deducting it from his salary.. in fact they r owing him his lieu of notice and some money n it's 10months from when they sacked him yet they haven't paid him or remitted his pension.... undecided cry undecided.. I wish there was a body in Nigeria one could report all these things to n they will take action.. But the last time I checked, din't c any....
this is wickedness
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
ceeroh:
Python Dance. Ekun oko Kanu ati BSS grin
grin
ceeroh:
Python Dance. Ekun oko Kanu ati BSS grin
You are very funny.
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by kolokolobi(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
1. Visit your PFA, pension fund administrator with your certificate and request for your statement of account.
2. If you notice non remittance by the firm, write to PENCOM office in your state attaching your statement, employment and disengagement letters. They will take it up and if that firm failed to remit they will be made to and even face a penalty. They don't joke.
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
Me I have over six hundred thousands in my ibtc pension account, I want to know how I will get part of the money,can it be possible?
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by extremelygolden: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
This is why I like Leadway Pensure.

When you open an account with them, they assign you an Account Officer you can always contact for enquiry and complaints. And every month, they forward your pension statement of account to your registered email address to keep you abreast of the transactions in your account.

They operate just like the banks.
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by osazsky(m): 9:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
pls we want to know the name of the pension firm he registered with because am a worker too I nor wan hear story o. big self. he shld leave the company and sue the pension firm
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by barristerzinny(f): 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2017
jdluv:
Straight to the point, last year, my brother got a sack letter from a company he was working for after 3 years with the organization.
He should sue them at national industrial court to recover his money. Join the pension company as defendants through a garnishee proceedings or default summons in a magistrate court or undefended list at high court.
Then this month he got another employment. During the process of submitting forms after employment [you know all this guarantor forms, bank statement, etc.] He was asked if he had a pension account which he affirmatively replied. So he submitted the account detail only for the HR To check and find out that no single dime has ever been paid into the account. And for 3 years the company has been deducting a sum of 5k per month for pension. There was even a time he got a silp from the pension office that a sum of 7500 was paid in.

Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by barristerzinny(f): 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
jdluv:
thanks but wat is a pencom. Is it the pension company? like ibtc pension
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by barristerzinny(f): 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
jdluv:
thanks but wat is a pencom. Is it the pension company? like ibtc pension
yes
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by fm001(m): 12:22am On Sep 17, 2017
Did ur brother fill the pension form called RSA (Retirement Savings Account ) form from one of the pension fund administrator like stanbic IBTC or others. If he does that, he would have gotten RSA number or pencode which he can use to log into his account online and monitor his payment.
Also, he should have been getting alert via sms or e-mail or both from the PENFUND Administrator (or the bank that his pension is being paid into). If any of these has not been there , he need to report to PENCOM with his first letter of employment, letter of disengagement from the company service and the payment slip for appropriate action.
jdluv:

Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by brushesz: 1:10am On Sep 17, 2017
obajoey:
This mostly happens when one is a contract staff. They deduct, but they don't remit all.

I 100% disagree with you.

Pension remittance is automated as mandated by Pencom.

If it is deducted and not remitted, then it is called FRAUD!
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by obyrich(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2017
jashar:
Hmmm
Happy birthday.
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Roseey0(f): 7:25am On Sep 17, 2017
I worked on contract basis for an organisation in 2016. This post made me rush to my email to retrieve my access to my RSA account. I just checked and saw the company remitted till the last month I was with them.

I think your brother should do the same thing.
If confused, he should visit the office physical and get things sorted out.
Pencom should come last. Anyone can make mistake
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by galantjoe(m): 7:32am On Sep 17, 2017
[quote author=jdluv post=60530550] yes he does he said he HR askd him to check with d pfa that was where he got to know[/yquote]

If that is the case
Let him go to Pencom office to logde a complaint. Pencom has offices in all states of federation.
Good luck to your brother
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by jashar(f): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
obyrich:
Happy birthday.

Thanks sweetie. Sincerely, God bless you.
Re: My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company by Pojomojo: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2018
Sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shares Hilarious Encounter With A Keke Driver In Lagos / FG Sacks 30 N-Power Beneficiaries In Adamawa / Certification Course/training In Mechanical Engineering In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.