Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? (72132 Views)

10000 AK47 How Much Will It Cost And How Can I Get It Delivered / Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / My Uncle Is A Tenant In The City But Has An Empty Mansion In The Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by bangalee1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Candybob:
just prepare like 20m
20kobo ni
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by bangalee1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Candybob:
just prepare like 20m
20kobo ni
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by kobijacobs(m): 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
try 500k
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by solomex(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
Due to the high rise of building materials and aesthestic consideration of the design u posted, #250,000 per square metre is okay, both the ground floor & first floor floor area is 398.73sqm giving approximate estimate of #99,682,500. note this is just likely cost that will erect this building that is why u need a quantity surveyor to give u cost control advice so u wont spent more than the estimated stated above nd to help u in claiming money of work not done by contractor. i am a practicing quantity surveyor, if u need my professionalism. thanks. contact :07063713510
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by fitprince: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
olumide4christ:
Budget N50 million at least...it could even be N100 million depending on what finishing you put in it.
u go come build am for me?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Trottle: 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
Afam4eva:

50 million? is this a joke of what?

This is the kind of house that Linda Ikeji bought for 800 million. So, if land is like 100 million, the house should be atleast 200.

Not everybody is buying a land in banana Island, not everybody is building in Lagos, and not everybody has an exquisite taste.

Do away with the generalization. 50 million can build it, and 500 million can also.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by hothead(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
nice house
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by ikp120(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
80 million will fantastically tidy up the main building (with great finishing like wall tiles, wallpapers, etc), the compound landscaping, the swimming pool (4.5m by 9m) and the fencing.

But I didn't include the boys' quarters and the gate keeper's post in my calculations.

PS: This is not a guess. I did actual calculations using overblown prices and overblown quantities of building material. If I use the exact prices, it WILL cost much less. I used overblown values because you need just an estimate and because my taste no be here grin grin grin grin

The cost of furnishings no dey in the 80m o.

I assumed that you have land already (2 plots or more). If you no get, you are on your own o. grin grin grin

For those screaming 150m, that amount will build you a massive 13 bedroom mansion with cinema and 3 swimming pools (one indoor swimming pool and 2 outdoor swimming pools) and furnish it with nice chairs and 55 inch televisions in each of the 3 sitting rooms, plus a 32 inch television in each of the 13 bedrooms, plus bed in each of the rooms, plus a 65 inch television in the cinema room.

I'm not guessing; the design and costing dey my table for here.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Trottle: 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
anuoluwapo884:

That's not funny 20m will only purchase a Land

Is it too hard to decipher that not everybody is buying a land in posh areas? People still buy lands for 200k. Haha
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by akinsammy(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
CASTOSVILLA:
How cheap is the Faith? grin
like mustard seed... they selling in Ibadan... lol
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by thelegend1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
Calculate the entire square area of the building (including the roof), then multiply by 100 - 120k.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by laplace19(m): 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
CASTOSVILLA:
Hello Property lovers, Engineers, Fellow Architects and Quantity Surveyors in the house, this is Arc. CastosVilla. How much will it cost to erect this Mansion? I need your replies, it will aid me a lot.

Facilities :

Ground floor
1. Lounge (6x8m)
2. Bar (3x2.7m)
3. Bedroom 1 (4.5x4.5m)
*Wc/shower (3x1.8m)
4. Bedroom 2 (4.5 x5.1m)
*Wc/shower (2.7x1.5m)
5. kitchen (4.5x5.4m)
*Terrace (1.2x4.5m)
*Store (1.8x 3.6m)
6. Laundry (3.6x 4.5m)
*Veranda (1.2x3.6)
7. Dining (4.2x4.8m)
8. 2 staircases
9. Entrance porch (4.5x2.4m)
10. Ante room (3.6x 4.2m)
*Visitors wc (1.2x1.8m)

Upper Floor
1. Master's bedroom (5.7x5.1m)
*Wc/shower (3.6x4m)
*Balcony (1.2x2.4m)
2. Master's lounge (5.7x4.2m)
*Balcony (2.4x4.5m)
3. Madam's bedroom (4.8x5.7m)
*Wc/shower (2.4x3m)
*Balcony (1.2x2.4m)
4. Bedroom 5 (5.1x4.5)
*Wc/shower (2.7x 1.8m)
5. Bedroom 6 (5.4x 4.8m)
*Wc/shower (1.8x3.6m)
6. Family lounge (4.2x4.8m)
*Balcony (4.2x1.5m)

I greet you bro. From the dimensions of the rooms, lounge and others it's really a big project. However, the cost depends on some factors like.
(1) The taste of your client's finishing
(2) The location of the proposed building as different soil conditions require different types of foundation.
(3) The concrete mix ratio your client can afford.
(4) Labour rate in the location/state.
(5) Duration of the building project from your client.etc.
Having said the above, a budget of 55mil upwards needs to be budgeted depending on the listed factors.
In addition , if you in any way need breakdown on the cost and quantity of materials and labour you can send me a pm let's work it out. I'm currently in southeast executing a project should you need someone to work with.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by dingbang(m): 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2017
Girls go just dey find who to send pm for this thread... I know ..

Them no dey use eye see figures

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by BecomeALandLord(m): 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
I don't know her much it would cost to build the house.

But I can help you cross the first hurdle of acquiring a genuine land with good documents.
I specialize in the sales of lands
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Adebayo4all: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
olumide4christ:
Budget N50 million at least...it could even be N100 million depending on what finishing you put in it.
finishin is where d money is
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by apharm(m): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
grin
free2ryhme:
This one wey you dey ask us so

Your way no pure ooo
grin
free2ryhme:
This one wey you dey ask us so

Your way no pure ooo
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by laplace19(m): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Materials, Quality of Labour, type or method of construction, location etc. They are too many things that contribute to the cost of building. For that duplex it is obvious not just any strip foundation would be used but a reinforced deep strip foundation preferably or a pile or pad foundation if the area is too marshy. These kind of foundation costs more couple with the fact that you may need to perform some kind of groundwater dewatering operation if the location is water logged. He should just contact a certified quantity surveyor to get a clear estimate.
It's just that the OP did not tell us the location of the proposed building, but a strip foundation on a very good soil (with bearing capacity above 100kN/m^2) can carry the structure, only that the block work on the substructure will have to be filled with weak concrete for additional strength. This is just a two-storey (British standard) building with just one suspended floor.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Jethrolite(m): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
Reference:

You must be a joker. Quality craftsmanship is very, very expensive because their works takes time and patience to achieve. Those who computerize or mechanise will charge you for that. Most top artisans I know do just a couple of jobs a year and some are booked two and three years in advance.
Anyway craftsmanship is art and thus subjective. What may be intriguing to you may be just average to me.
Hmm, I'm a trained visual artist and know what I'm saying. Let me be clear here when I say craftsmanship I'm referring to is normal tiling, masonry, painting, cast jobs and others. Pricing is based on individual preference. A previous employee of julius berger who decides to go solo will always charge less than another employee that leaves but starts a company around his craftsmanship, it does not mean the smart businessman of the 2 is compulsorily better than the other.

Other factors as social connections also come to play. A very good craftsman due to lack of formal education may not be given the opportunity to deal with influential and high networth clients who pay more so he has to charge clientele what they can afford while still delivering amazing craftsmanship.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by HVILLE: 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
CASTOSVILLA:
Hello Property lovers, Engineers, Fellow Architects and Quantity Surveyors in the house, this is Arc. CastosVilla. How much will it cost to erect this Mansion? I need your replies, it will aid me a lot.

Facilities :

Ground floor
1. Lounge (6x8m)
2. Bar (3x2.7m)
3. Bedroom 1 (4.5x4.5m)
*Wc/shower (3x1.8m)
4. Bedroom 2 (4.5 x5.1m)
*Wc/shower (2.7x1.5m)
5. kitchen (4.5x5.4m)
*Terrace (1.2x4.5m)
*Store (1.8x 3.6m)
6. Laundry (3.6x 4.5m)
*Veranda (1.2x3.6)
7. Dining (4.2x4.8m)
8. 2 staircases
9. Entrance porch (4.5x2.4m)
10. Ante room (3.6x 4.2m)
*Visitors wc (1.2x1.8m)

Upper Floor
1. Master's bedroom (5.7x5.1m)
*Wc/shower (3.6x4m)
*Balcony (1.2x2.4m)
2. Master's lounge (5.7x4.2m)
*Balcony (2.4x4.5m)
3. Madam's bedroom (4.8x5.7m)
*Wc/shower (2.4x3m)
*Balcony (1.2x2.4m)
4. Bedroom 5 (5.1x4.5)
*Wc/shower (2.7x 1.8m)
5. Bedroom 6 (5.4x 4.8m)
*Wc/shower (1.8x3.6m)
6. Family lounge (4.2x4.8m)
*Balcony (4.2x1.5m)

bros o i hail u.lot of things miss here no architecture drawing with the working drawning,structural design miss too,soil test miss u too to determine the can of foundation that will needed for d building
No by picture there lot of things involve ooo
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Jethrolite(m): 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Materials, Quality of Labour, type or method of construction, location etc. They are too many things that contribute to the cost of building. For that duplex it is obvious not just any strip foundation would be used but a reinforced deep strip foundation preferably or a pile or pad foundation if the area is too marshy. These kind of foundation costs more couple with the fact that you may need to perform some kind of groundwater dewatering operation if the location is water logged. He should just contact a certified quantity surveyor to get a clear estimate.
Lol, this is what I meant. This house will cost N50m to N100m to build, it does not matter if you take it to my village where land is N600k per 100X100 or you build it in ikoyi where that same plot is N300m.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Wisebisho: 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
vincentjk:
My elder brother built something bigger than this last year but he spent less than N400m

Am not so sure though
I thought it was you... So who is your elder brother make we ask am?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by bigK001: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
It will be up to 200million naira. One of my friends father built something like that and he spent up to 400million for everything, the furnitures and other things
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by santopelele(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
guy, your measurements are out standard, including your bedroom which suppose to be 3.6x3.6 by international standard, abi you want use your bedroom as party room?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by CaptainFM1: 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
CASTOSVILLA:
How cheap is the Faith? grin

As small as a mustard seed!
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by CaptainFM1: 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
thelegend1:
Calculate the entire square area of the building (including the roof), then multiply by 100 - 120k.

Is that a thumb rule?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by sirgid2469: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
bigK001:
It will be up to 200million naira. One of my friends father built something like that and he spent up to 400million for everything, the furnitures and other things

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Chinatown1759: 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2017
vincentjk:
My elder brother built something bigger than this last year but he spent less than N400m

Am not so sure though

can I have his number so i can confirm
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Pauls0n(m): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
So after the amount you told me, you run to NL to know if you can make more profit.

No build again, pay me back angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by CaptainFM1: 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
ikp120:
80 million will fantastically tidy up the main building (with great finishing like wall tiles, wallpapers, etc), the compound landscaping, the swimming pool (4.5m by 9m) and the fencing.

But I didn't include the boys' quarters and the gate keeper's post in my calculations.

PS: This is not a guess. I did actual calculations using overblown prices and overblown quantities of building material. If I use the exact prices, it WILL cost much less. I used overblown values because you need just an estimate and because my taste no be here grin grin grin grin

The cost of furnishings no dey in the 80m o.

I assumed that you have land already (2 plots or more). If you no get, you are on your own o. grin grin grin

For those screaming 150m, that amount will build you a massive 13 bedroom mansion with cinema and 3 swimming pools (one indoor swimming pool and 2 outdoor swimming pools) and furnish it with nice chairs and 55 inch televisions in each of the 3 sitting rooms, plus a 32 inch television in each of the 13 bedrooms, plus bed in each of the rooms, plus a 65 inch television in the cinema room.

I'm not guessing; the design and costing dey my table for here.

Why not add Helipad or Runway with control tower to it.......
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by Thatnawtichick(f): 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
Osinachi1:
grin

I spent well over #100 Million to build mine few years back in Wazobia town

The only problem was that Ewa agoyin was banned in that Town
So I abandoned the building and rented a room in Oshodi where I can enjoy Ewa agoyin without restriction
grin grin grin
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by 400billionman: 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
Afam4eva:

50 million? is this a joke of what?

This is the kind of house that Linda Ikeji bought for 800 million. So, if land is like 100 million, the house should be atleast 200.

He didn't ask you cost of land.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? by 400billionman: 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
chloride6:

That is the beauty of construction, you lay 12000 blocks of 180 naira, the world thinks you have spent 100 million grin grin grin

True.

Block work is cheap. Finishing coosts money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) / Drop A Picture Of Your Sitting Room / Man Shares Photos Of An Apartment Of N700K He Checked Out In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.