Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair (37017 Views)

FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) / Flag Off Ceremony Of The Reconstruction Of Apapa-Oworonshoki Road (Pictures) / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To UNIUYO (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by SpartanJ: 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
I hope Oshodi area is managed well because ambode is also constructing from airport road to Oshodi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2017
Let me explain Dangote is an imperialist company with an African figurehead, mission is to mop up as much of wealth in Africa as they can.

pat1612:
Let me get this right 10years tax rebate and then u set up toll plaza to collect toll
Somebody please make me understand

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by nkowaputa(m): 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
baby124:
10yrs tax. Looks like a pay back for campaign donations. What happens if the country is restructured? Big risk here.

From the write up, they don't know the cost yet but they have given 10years tax whatever. I would have thought they should know the cost, then estimate what dangotes tax in 10 years will be then be guided by these facts in negotiation.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
Because that has been the way since super stooge Obasanjo started transfering our wealth to Dangote from 1999 onwards.
somehow:
How did you know it was handed to him without transparency? Tell us what we don't know.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by tiwiex(m): 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
baby124:
10yrs tax. Looks like a pay back for campaign donations. What happens if the country is restructured? Big risk here.

10 years tax of what? Lagos tax, federal tax? The richest man in Africa, gets a tax holiday to build a 34km road? I think we need more detail. This already seems fishy and stinky.

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by kennypedia(m): 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
It's seems many readers do not have idea of what they read. In there is a law in guiding companies who offer to repair or build federal facilities aiding their own business one way or another, the government repay them with tax relieved for certain years depending on the worth of the facility

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by kennypedia(m): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
tiwiex:

10 years tax of what? Lagos tax, federal tax? The richest man in Africa, gets a tax holiday to build a 34km road? I think we need more detail. This already seems fishy and stinky.
State tax should be charged since the facility is federal and only federal government taxes are relieved

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by kennypedia(m): 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
nkowaputa:

From the write up, they don't know the cost yet but they have given 10years tax whatever. I would have thought they should know the cost, then estimate what dangotes tax in 10 years will be then be guided by these facts in negotiation.
Since they said it will be constructed with concrete then they should know the estimate
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by adewaleykhas: 9:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
hmmm,nawa o......When did dangote become construction company,it's true that nigeria will better
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by AfonjaConehead: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
Keneking:
Next is to handover Lagos to take better manager

lols...and they coneheads will dobale from apapa to oworo for dangote.. grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by doctorgold(m): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
Statsocial:

Huh the same tax that is severely embezzled by Govt and even at FIRS level you can't imagine the level of corruption that would be ongoing. Apapa road is a critically important project with hugr economic significance. If Dangote can construct it within the shortest time then let him have a go at it. If this were to be an FG project do you know the level of misappropriation that would stall the delivery time of d project not to talk of the unnecessary beurecracy.

Still does not justify that he gets a ten year tax holiday behind the books. Tax holiday without a criteria. wether embezzlement at FIRS or wherever, the proposed cost of the project should determine how long tax holiday. the Dangote conglomerate is a very big one already and with his refinery starting operation soon, we just got ourselves shot in the leg, all thanks to Mr 'fix it' 'self acclaimed holy' "78 million website" Fashola
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
doctorgold:

Still does not justify that he gets a ten year tax holiday behind the books. Tax holiday without a criteria. wether embezzlement at FIRS or wherever, the proposed cost of the project should determine how long tax holiday. the Dangote conglomerate is a very big one already and with his refinery starting operation soon, we just got ourselves shot in the leg, all thanks to Mr 'fix it' 'self acclaimed holy' "78 million website" Fashola
On a second thought you are right. That deal most likely won't favour Nigeria. Especially if the tax holiday covers the entire Dangote group enterprise.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by belindar: 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
Very soon they will sell Nigeria to Dangote. What kind of agreement is these. Dangote vehicles are the one plying and damaging that road in question. He has the biggest investment on that route , so what charities does he do in Nigeria?
Meanwhile Lagos state is constructing from Oshodi to MMA. So why including some portion of what Lagos state is constructing in Dangote own again. That is another way to steal money by the minister of darkness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by goshen26: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
arsenal33:

The other party that had plans, what did they do? Answer: Chop all d moni

I am not siding any party, cos I am not a politician, I am only saying things the way it is...
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by goshen26: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
arsenal33:

I am not siding any party, cos I am not a politician, I am only saying things the way it is...

OK?
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by goshen26: 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
Very soon they will sell Nigeria to Dangote. What kind of agreement is these. Dangote vehicles are the one playing and damaging that road in question. He has the biggest investment on that route , so what charities does he do in Nigeria?
Meanwhile Lagos state is constructing from Oshodi to MMA. So why including some portion of what Lagos state is constructing in Dangote own again. That is another way to steal money by the minister of darkness.
arsenal33:

I am not siding any party...none of them feeds me, may be u av what u gain from them sha

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nigeria is quietly being sold to the highest bidder and our activists are drunk on fame n ego, and our youths are strapped to their phone screens. Our leaders are devoid of ideas and will. When money is not looted, it is wasted. When money is not wasted, it goes to inflated contracts.

Let's track 9ja shall we? Come with me and let's connect the dots shall we? Find the tracking 9ja thread.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by ogbeniolola: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
who told you union bank is igbo-owned?....oh is it because it 's led by an Igbo indigene?
Pls get your facts right before posting them on NL.
mrvitalis:
This is a good move

Time for Igbo leaders to get Igbo owned banks to take over south east roads instead of paying tax that's Hausa and Yorubas would share

Next oil

Capital oil

Zenith

Uba

Fidelity

Union
Diamond
Mtn
Curtex
What's project can you do for your people in place of tax

But Igbo leaders they fall my hand

I'm tempted but I would not join politics( I need to make good money Jor )
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by deomelo: 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
lol, Dangote shud leave road construction for those who have the expertise, go and check out what his company is doing at the 2km rd project from wharf gate to area B then you will agree with me that they are in the midst of confusion, but then i dont blame him, i only blame the clueless FG with no plan to even execute any single project despite all the billions of recovered loot. What do u expect when a whole FG is waiting and hoping for Dangotes refinery instead of building its own.

In an interview in Lagos, the Managing director and chief executive of AG Dangote, Ashif Jumar said “We are building a four kilometer concrete dual carriage road that has a life span of over 40years. It is a rigid pavement road of 250 millimeters thickness with solid underlying materials… We have already mobilized to site, but our major challenge is the chaotic Apapa traffic and the inclement rainy season. I appeal for patience and cooperation.”
Speaking at the MOU signing ceremony held at the Conference Hall of Area B Command of the Nigeria Police, Apapa, Honorary Adviser to the President/Chief Executive of Dangote Group, Engineer Joseph Makoju said the Group is moved by the deplorable state of the road which informed the need to look for like-thinking partners to effect repairs and salvage the road.

L-R CEO, AG-Dangote , Construction Company Ltd., Ashif Juma, Chairman

1, Dangote himself or his company is not going to build the road, AG-Dangote is going to build the road.

2. AG/Andrade Gutierrez is a Brazilian private multinational conglomerate headquartered in Belo Horizonte. The company was founded in 1948 and they do over $2 billion worth of business every year with over 200,00 employees.

3. Dangote teamed up with AG to create AG-Dangote to handle Dangote's construction projects and they jointly constructed the first concrete highway in Nigeria.

4. Governments have no business building refineries, private entities do better than governments when it comes to such projects.

Educate yourself before running your mouth.

And the construction work in Lagos is going on smoothly and unlike the rubbish road we have all over Nigeweria that falls apart every rainy season, this is going to last for at least 40 years so spare us your ignorant ipob bad bele nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
deomelo:

1, Dangote himself or his company is not going to build the road, AG-Dangote is going to build the road.

2. AG/Andrade Gutierrez is a Brazilian private multinational conglomerate headquartered in Belo Horizonte. The company was founded in 1948 and they do over $2 billion worth of business every year with over 200,00 employees.

3. Dangote teamed up with AG to create AG-Dangote to handle Dangote's construction projects and they jointly constructed the first concrete highway in Nigeria.

4. Governments have no business building refineries, private entities do better than governments when it comes to such projects.

Educate yourself before running your mouth.

And the construction work in Lagos is going on smoothly so spare us your ignorant ipob bad bele nonsense.
If you go deeper, you'll realize you are also ignorant.

I don't mean that as an insult. I'm also ignorant on some issues too..
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by deomelo: 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
[s]
0lumide:

[/s]

Please keep quiet, I wasn't even talking to your self acclaimed ignorant self.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by mrvitalis(m): 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
ogbeniolola:
who told you union bank is igbo-owned?....oh is it because it 's led by an Igbo indigene?
Pls get your facts right before posting them on NL.
Majority of it share holders are Igbo

It's largest share holder is Igbo
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by somehow: 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2017
Assumptions.

How many roads did he build before now?
GenBuhari:
Because that has been the way since super stooge Obasanjo started transfering our wealth to Dangote from 1999 onwards.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by laiza(m): 4:22am On Sep 17, 2017
agabusta:
Its seems a good move on the surface, but I hope FG wont get their hands burnt at the end.

Personally, I have some reservations about this. I dont trust that Dangote dude, he will get triple or quadruple benefits from this in addition to the fact that all the materials to be used will be supplied by his company.
How is that a problem? Have you seen Chinese companies working in Nigeria? Every single item they use in construction or repair, they import from China because their government give them interest free loan and other incentives. If Nigeria govt can start with that then it's a good move. Would you rather the govt give it to Julius Berger and still pay her when we all know she would import everything either from Germany or China? What's your point really?

3 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by t2luv1: 6:16am On Sep 17, 2017
sanerugwei:
ten years loun loun
Na wa o

The Chinesse handed Hong Kong to the British for 99 yrs. Guess what the 99 year lease has expired and now China owns Hong Kong, Ten years will go like that. (oju lo pe si)
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by t2luv1: 6:21am On Sep 17, 2017
0lumide:

Why is everything in that country being handle by only Dangote related entities. By the way how much is the contract. The devil is always in the detail. This Dangote man owns everything in that country. (Rice Sugar Cement Oil etc)
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by sarrki(m): 6:30am On Sep 17, 2017
mrvitalis:
This is a good move

Time for Igbo leaders to get Igbo owned banks to take over south east roads instead of paying tax that's Hausa and Yorubas would share

Next oil

Capital oil

Zenith

Uba

Fidelity

Union
Diamond
Mtn
Curtex
What's project can you do for your people in place of tax

But Igbo leaders they fall my hand

I'm tempted but I would not join politics( I need to make good money Jor )

I support your motion

Even with the tribal hates undertone
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by DisturbingGidi: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2017
They should handover this ikorodu Sagamu road to them instead. This road has been terrible for over a decade now. Trucks fall on this road almost every week. And The Government is turning their back on this area.
Islie:

Gives 10-year tax incentive as recompense for road rehabilitation

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/16/fg-hands-over-35km-apapa-oworonshoki-expressway-to-dangote-for-repair/

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Guitary(m): 7:24am On Sep 17, 2017
Ten years tax free? This is craziness, there is something wrong somewhere. Can't we oppose this usless deal ni?
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 17, 2017
Please is this that road that leads to the wharf and tank farm areas? If it is, then it's a very welcome development , Fashola is really trying to make progress in the face of daunting challenges, God bless him!
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2017
Guitary:
Ten years tax free? This is craziness, there is something wrong somewhere. Can't we oppose this usless deal ni?

I think the road should be given to you, with 20yrs tax rebate instead. Whether Dangote pays tax or not, will you know? Or is it because this one is in the news, all the tax Dangote has been paying, have you received a penny, if you live in that area of Lagos, you'd agree with me it'd be worth it,
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 17, 2017
t2luv1:

Why is everything in that country being handle by only Dangote related entities. By the way how much is the contract. The devil is always in the detail. This Dangote man owns everything in that country. (Rice Sugar Cement Oil etc)

Better go and start your own company today, maybe a few decades from now, you'd also be receiving FG patronage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Matthew Achigbe And His Wife Die In Ghastly Motor Accident / Ex-Abdulrasheed Maina Arrives Court In Wheelchair For Trial - PHOTO / Aisha Buhari, Dolapo-Osinbajo, Ngige At Ocholi's Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.