Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair (37018 Views)

FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) / Flag Off Ceremony Of The Reconstruction Of Apapa-Oworonshoki Road (Pictures) / FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To UNIUYO (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Dee60: 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
agabusta:
Its seems a good move on the surface, but I hope FG wont get their hands burnt at the end.

Personally, I have some reservations about this. I dont trust that Dangote dude, he will get triple or quadruple benefits from this in addition to the fact that all the materials to be used will be supplied by his company.

Better than nothing.

They may also not be paying a lot of tax anyway. Talk about win-win.

Remember that FG do not have a lot of funds these days.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by somehow: 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
Better off that way. The Dangote we know pays little or no tax in the first place. Let him use his money to build infrastructure for us and get paid via tax relief.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by arsenal33: 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
goshen26:
Haba.....

It now dawn on me that this govt don't av any plan b4 assuming office.

Why would they exchange tax for project?
Where are the recovered loots?

So they are already making debt for their successor. Imagine, dangote not paying tax.

May God safe us from this people...

No direction

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
The other party that had plans, what did they do? Answer: Chop all d moni

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by uboma(m): 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
splendid2:
Personally I think 10yrs is too much, unless their will be a 10yrs gaurantee on the road. I don't think concrete can withstand 10yrs of pressure from heavy duty trucks. My opinion though.

With the right quality of materials and expertise, roads built with concrete lasts well beyond 10 years.

I see it as a good development.

Projects which the FG cannot execute at the moment owing to lack of funds, qualified service providers and construction companies should be tasked with these responsibilities and in return, they enjoy tax holidays.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by nickxtra(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
erico2k2:

realy ?
Link plz!!
Dangote was given a 5 year tax holiday for the construction of Obajana-Lokoja Rd. Google it, please.

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by CaptainFM1: 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
baby124:
10yrs tax. Looks like a pay back for campaign donations. What happens if the country is restructured? Big risk here.

There's no risk at all. Everything can be renegotiated.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Bluffly: 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
baby124:
10yrs tax. Looks like a pay back for campaign donations. What happens if the country is restructured? Big risk here.
Implore a little more of reasoning

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
doctorgold:
Fashola keeps giving us reasons to know he isn't really as clever and clean as he claims. In as much and we understand that 35km concrete based road is a huge deal, I still don't understand why the rush in declaring a 10 year tax holiday already.
He claimed that they await the road design and obviously, the bill of quantities. I am worried as to how they concluded that a 10 year tax holiday to a conglomerate as large as Dangote group is worth the cost of a 35km concrete road. What happens if at the end of the day, the cost of the road is just equivalent to a 6 year tax payment by Dangote group?. SMH
Huh the same tax that is severely embezzled by Govt and even at FIRS level you can't imagine the level of corruption that would be ongoing. Apapa road is a critically important project with hugr economic significance. If Dangote can construct it within the shortest time then let him have a go at it. If this were to be an FG project do you know the level of misappropriation that would stall the delivery time of d project not to talk of the unnecessary beurecracy.

6 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by erico2k2(m): 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
nickxtra:
Dangote was given a 5 year tax holiday for the construction of Obajana-Lokoja Rd. Google it, please.
I thought you said his 5 yrs was extended to 10 yrs .
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by indomie100: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
so funny Nija is moving forward indeed.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by CaptainFM1: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
Celestyn8213:
Wetin do berger

Dangote may still use JBerger.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by nickxtra(m): 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
erico2k2:

I thought you said his 5 yrs was extended to 10 yrs .
Plus the 5 years for the Lagos project, making 10 years.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Tizbid(m): 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
Islie:

Gives 10-year tax incentive as recompense for road rehabilitation

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/16/fg-hands-over-35km-apapa-oworonshoki-expressway-to-dangote-for-repair/

Restructuring Nigeria will be a hard nut to crack,truth is the influence these cabals (dangote happens to be one of them) have in govt is so strong and keeps getting stronger. They will do ANYTHING to prevent such moves coz in this false federalism we are practicing therein lies their power. BTW i don't need a financial expert to tell me that this 10 year tax evasion give and take all the shenanigans that will go into this deal is way way more than the rehabilitation cost of the said road...I know so coz dangote is a business man,those sanctioning this deal are politicians and this is Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by bennymark(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
McQueen95:
Is dangote into construction business now?
That is how nigeria is getting worse by the day!

yes he is, company is AG Dangote
CaptainFM1:

Dangote may still use JBerger.
McQueen95:

yes he is, company is AG Dangote
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by erico2k2(m): 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
nickxtra:
Plus the 5 years for the Lagos project, making 10 years.
Nop you got that wrong
the policy b4 now was for a max of 5 years tax holiday per person . The FG of today has increased it to 10 years max per person thats the new policy signed . Hence forth you can get up to 10 years break .
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by wolexf(m): 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
This is not wise from the government. He should pay more taxes after all Dangote trucks contribute significantly to the damage on the roads nation wide

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by COMPAQ(m): 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
FG should concession the key strategic roads in Nigeria.

Lagos Ibadan
Shagamu Benin (and rest of East West road)
Ibadan Ilorin (on to Abuja)
Port Harcourt Enugu
Abuja Kaduna
Kaduna Kano
Owerri Onitsha
Onitsha Enugu

There may be more since I'm not familiar with the north, but these are roads that should be in tip top shape at all times.

If I concession Lagos Ibadan for say 1bln for 10 years annual payment of N100mln, I upgrade infrastructure, am responsible for maintenance and I toll and keep all receipts for myself (of course still paying Company income tax on my profits), that seems like a win win to me - as follows:

For the people, yes they pay a toll, but the road remains in top top shape for 10 years. I'd rather pay N2k going to ibadan and back (N1k each way) on a spotless road than not pay and have issues with my car, waste more time and have more risk of dying.

For government, there is no need to budget for the road for 10 years and they actually get annual fee and taxes

For the economy at large, it add multiplier effects in terms of faster logistics, less loss of life for accidents
Support businesses will get a piece of the pie I e proper trailer parks and those selling food etc, and of course people working at the toll Plaza earn an income.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by erico2k2(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
CaptainFM1:

There's no risk at all. Everything can be renegotiated.
This is true.the UAE used the same system of tax holiday to build thier economy . But I think the 5 yrs was good this 10 yrs long shaaa
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by nickxtra(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
erico2k2:

Nop you got that wrong
the policy b4 now was for a max of 5 years tax holiday per person . The FG of today has increased it to 10 years max per person thats the new policy signed . Hence forth you can get up to 10 years break .
Maybe, but that's not exactly my understanding of the message.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by erico2k2(m): 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2017
nickxtra:
Maybe, but that's not exactly my understanding of the message.
It actually says that in the write up from where it says *We inherited a tax policy of five years from past administration *
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by signz: 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
IDnoble1:

Its not a big deal, his company will be considered in the new pact if restructuring takes place. Its a very simple stuff

Unknown to many, Nigeria is being restructured albeit slowly (Snail pace) before our eyes.

Low oil prices and high population number means that the size of tge national cake is reducing drastically. FG (Executive) will have no option than to shed it's responsibilities GRADUALLY to states and individuals/companies.

I heard that Nigeria needs 3 trillion dollars to fix its infrastructures and let's be honest how can we raise such funds in this era of low oil prices.

Economy will force us to reduce the Exclusive list, stop FAAC & Repeal the Land use act. Only question is will it happen between 2019-2023 or 2023-27?
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
What is the cost of this transaction? Don't we deserve to know? Naija i hail.

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by pat1612(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2017
Let me get this right 10years tax rebate and then u set up toll plaza to collect toll
Somebody please make me understand

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by vertueptime: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=agabusta post=60523205]Its seems a good move on the surface, but I hope FG wont get their hands burnt at the end.

Personally, I have some reservations about this. I dont trust that Dangote dude, he will get triple or quadruple benefits from this in addition to the fact that all the materials to be used will be supplied by his company.[ agree to do this kind of thing
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by abfalkolly(m): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=McQueen95 post=60524797]Is dangote into construction business now? P
That is how nigeria is getting worse by the day! [/quote
Bros He doesn't nt need to be in construction b4 u can sign such agreement ...]
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by birdsview(m): 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
mrvitalis:
This is a good move

Time for Igbo leaders to get Igbo owned banks to take over south east roads instead of paying tax that's Hausa and Yorubas would share

Next oil

Capital oil

Zenith

Uba

Fidelity

Union
Diamond
Mtn
Curtex
What's project can you do for your people in place of tax

But Igbo leaders they fall my hand

I'm tempted but I would not join politics( I need to make good money Jor )
this dude is out of his mind
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
PMB is likely gone from the presidency seat possibly never to return, now we hear he is travelling to imperialist USA for UN Assembly and then on to imperialist London for undisclosed reasons.

I called it; that Osinbajo will be back as Acting President before 1st Oct. Keep watching.

Dangote seems to have a midas golden touch because it was likely become an imperialist owned multinational with a black face to mop up our wealth and that of Africa.

On the eve of PMB's exit this unconfirmed news is being released to make it seem PMB approved the decision. After tomorrow when PMB exits the news would then become credible.

Osinbajo is the imperialist stooge to oversea Nigeria's destruction just watch and see what happens.

Don't be surprised if tomorrow Boko and Kanu re-emerge to cause turmoil and mayhem.

Any patriotic Nigerians who can intervene should start making their stand now time is against Nigeria.

10 year of taxes Dangote may exceed $30bn for wetin? Is the road not captured in the 2017 budget bill imperialist stooges Osinbajo and Saraki are colluding to keep secret from Nigerians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by gabe: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
Our govt should just give us to dangote to sell as slaves. Dangote cement made N180 billion profit before tax in 2016. Tax on that at a conservative 30% is N54 billion. For 1 year. A 35 km road at the exhorbitant rate of N1 billion per km used for lagos-ibadan will cost 35 billion. And we are giving him a 10year tax holiday! If his tax in 10 years is about 500 billion, shouldn't he be helping us build 500km of roads? Roads his trucks spoil the most. Are we okay? Anyway, maybe they use other parameters to calculate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
Why hand it to Dangote without transparent tendering process?

What guaranteed that it would completed in a normal timeframe if it is ever completed at all.

PMB is exiting and imperialists are already devouring Nigeria.

Every man do what you can to save yourself and your family oo!
somehow:
Better off that way. The Dangote we know pays little or no tax in the first place. Let him use his money to build infrastructure for us and get paid via tax relief.
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by GoldNiagara(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
mrvitalis:
This is a good move

Time for Igbo leaders to get Igbo owned banks to take over south east roads instead of paying tax that's Hausa and Yorubas would share

Next oil

Capital oil

Zenith

Uba

Fidelity

Union
Diamond
Mtn
Curtex
What's project can you do for your people in place of tax

But Igbo leaders they fall my hand

I'm tempted but I would not join politics( I need to make good money Jor )

una don't start. I will unleash a python soon
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by somehow: 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
How did you know it was handed to him without transparency? Tell us what we don't know.
GenBuhari:
Why hand it to Dangote without transparent tendering process?

What guaranteed that it would completed in a normal timeframe if it is ever completed at all.

PMB is exiting and imperialists are already devouring Nigeria.

Every man do what you can to save yourself and your family oo!
Re: FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair by MabraO: 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
McQueen95:

Yes it is called Dangote construction company
Go to Obajana in kogi state where the biggest cement factory is he is constructing the road using concrete.
Last November wen I passed that road I felt pity for him, kogi state nd Nigeria. But now to some extent the road is better and a solid work is being done there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Dolapo-Osinbajo, Ngige At Ocholi's Residence / Osun Election: Davido Hails Rejection Of Vote Buying / Photo Of Orderly Fuel Queue In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.