Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic – Simi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic – Simi (500 Views)

Guy Pursues Girlfriend Saying She Is Not Romantic, See What Happens Next / Guy Pursued Girlfriend And Says She's Not Romantic, See What Happens Next / Pearl Chidinma Ogbulu: Nigerian Men Romantic When They Haven’t Tasted Honey Pot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic – Simi by Ekakamba: 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
Songstress Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye known by her stage name Simi has said that she doesn’t believe Nigerian men are romantic, stating that she thinks it’s because “no one pushes Nigerian men to fight for anything so they have this sense of entitlement.”

29 year old Simi who just released her album “Simisola,” in an interview with PUNCH‘s Saturday Beats said:

“I don’t believe Nigerian men are romantic. I think Nigerian men do not think they have to be romantic. I am not saying this to bash men but I think no one pushes Nigerian men to fight for anything so they have this sense of entitlement.

I was watching a Nigerian movie one day and there was this unfaithful Nigerian man who left his wife for another woman. At the end of the day, the other woman left him and he retraced his steps to his initial wife. The lady’s mother actually told her to kneel in front of the man and that bothered me a lot even though I knew it was a movie. That is the way things are.

A lot of men grow up in this country feeling entitled to certain things and they believe that they don’t have to work for anything. This has been the case for generations and a lot of our mothers were unhappy because the society expected them to stay in the relationship.

I am not saying it is the right thing for people to leave their relationships but a man needs to fight for what he wants so he can value it. I think the problem is because a lot of Nigerian men feel self-entitled and I blame our culture and our mothers. Most mothers are the problem because when something happens, they are quick to advise the daughter and wives, they don’t tell the men that their actions are wrong. So if a man feels that he does not have to fight to keep the relationship, he would not,” she said

http://tz.ucweb.com/9_1yyFy
Re: Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic – Simi by Ekakamba: 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic – Simi by DOUBLEWAHALA: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
Those who are romantic end up sharing their hard earn wealth with kim kadarshains

(1) (Reply)

7 Success Tips From Nipsey Hussle / Wizkid Gives Health Update, Appreciates Fans For Their Support [see Photo] / Banky W And Adesua Etomi’s Traditional Wedding Ceremony To Hold In Lagos (see Da

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.