Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (4989 Views)

Shehu Sani Warns Ike Ekweremadu Not To Decamp To APC / Photo Of Ike Ekweremadu And Adams Oshiomhole (Throwback?) / Ike Ekweremadu Wears N680k Versace Shirt To Tony Elumelu's Christmas Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by iamMoshood(m): 12:35am On Sep 17, 2017

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by iamMoshood(m): 12:44am On Sep 17, 2017

12 Likes

Re: . by iamMoshood(m): 12:45am On Sep 17, 2017

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by HiddenShadow: 12:46am On Sep 17, 2017
In summary UN law on Self Determination gives Biafrans the right to secede

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by DozieInc(m): 12:49am On Sep 17, 2017
Waiting for completion to comment.

Modified:
You made valid points, I couldn't agree more with your post.
Also the current 1999 constitution is faulty and should be reviewed, we should be operating a decentralised govt.
The corruption aching the country today largely stems from "federal character",it is backwardness to sacrifice competency on the altar of mediocrity.

#RestructureNigeria

Lalasticlala.
Cc: Seun
Mynd44

13 Likes

Re: . by iamMoshood(m): 12:59am On Sep 17, 2017

3 Likes

Re: . by Throwback: 1:05am On Sep 17, 2017
In summary the most notable Igbo leader recognised under the constitution is not in support of secession that is being championed by a terrorist group that has caused more havoc with its leaking mouthed arrogant leader who promised to behead the President of the country and burn down the country.

In summary, the South East is not ready to commit economic suicide that is being championed by the destitute and miscreants who have nothing of economic value to contribute.

In summary, the SouthSouth holds the destiny of Biafra in their hands, without them, Biafra is just jungle of men without resource to attract international support. No be by Ugwu leaf.

In summary, there is a laid down procedure for separation which if not followed, will never amount to anything tangible, no matter how vulgar the noise that is being made. While those who have succeeded legally, are already wishing they could reverse their unfortunate destiny.

Avoid hate speeches and reckless statements that do not help you politically.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by swazpedro(m): 1:08am On Sep 17, 2017
Nice write up

4 Likes

Re: . by ZUBY77(m): 1:09am On Sep 17, 2017
My stand all this while.

I am Igbo and I have always said it that I would even like the entire Africa to become one sovereign nation.
The bigger the better. My problem is that blacks are not good at managing themselves.
Everyone suspects everyone and that is bad.
I import goods to Nigeria and most are sold in the North and West. This would become difficult if there is a breakaway.
However there is need to decentralize power in Abuja.
The Federal Government are simply managing what is bigger than them. We have one finance minister who may not have even visited the South East all her entire life.
We have one minister of Education who may not have visited Borno or Yobe state all his life. How do we expect these people to perform wonders? It all boils down to the mistake the army quickly organised and called constitution in 1999 to enable them hand over power to civilians.

The problem is the 1999 constitution. The evil documents was hastily designed in a way that it won't allow any region to grow at its own pace.
.. .
I call on Nnamdi Kanu and his religious supporters to simply step down and push for restructuring. They have already raised enough dust to be heard.
They had no reason to form security groups such as BSS within a sovereign nation. The Federal government is actually afraid that if nothing is done fast, this BSS could be turned into army or even militant organisation soon. Therefore Nigerian government has valid reasons to send the army to my South East. I am not happy my brothers are being shot and killed like chickens and any reasonable human being should not.
I read some animal brains here rejoicing that a people are being killed, and I ask, where is the conscience here?
People would think Buhari loves what is happening in SE, no, I don't think he likes it. I remember the same Buhari once chose an Igbo man as running mate. I would rather think he has no options than to stop BSS by all means before it turns to a militant group within a sovereign Nigeria.

In conclusion, I support a Restructured Nigeria, not a divided Nigeria.
.. For the record, I am not a politician and never benefitted from any political position.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by obataokenwa(m): 1:14am On Sep 17, 2017
Every advice listed is good and nice... but it's unfortunate we have a deaf president and a blood sucker that don't care about what people feel about his demonic way of addressing issue. I can bet this things wouldn't have been an issue if the president acted like a human God created. It baffles and I wonder how can a number one citizen order the military to kill his own people without single remorse. I watch those videos and I just cry and pray for the Igbos silently. This people have parents that this president has put in everlasting agony cos of his wickedness. It's on record that such people don't always die as expected but must be alive to bear and witness evil dreams of all the people he sent to grave untimely.

"He who says the mouth of a dog is good, if it's been offered to him... let him make sure he eats it"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by iamMoshood(m): 1:17am On Sep 17, 2017

10 Likes

Re: . by ImperialYoruba: 1:19am On Sep 17, 2017
Nice submission by Senator Ekweremadu.

Thank you OP for sharing.

7 Likes

Re: . by LoveMachine(m): 4:20am On Sep 17, 2017
Sen Ekweremadu just made a major statement. Cogent points and clear cut facts. This can't debated nor refuted. Big up!

12 Likes

Re: . by Yyeske(m): 4:52am On Sep 17, 2017
This guy captured it all but he will be tagged aboki or afonja by some haters

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Yyeske(m): 4:54am On Sep 17, 2017
Radio Biafra can never teach them this, they are only taught how to insult and hate

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by kingkoboko: 4:59am On Sep 17, 2017
King kObOkO is pro-Biafra but I mst admit dat Sen. Ekweremadu has spoken well.

Nonetheless, I'm sure d North won't agree 2restructure Nigeria knowin dat they'r benefitin more from dis present centralized unitary system dat's only been CAMOUFLAGED as a federal system. Besides, they fear dat agreein 2restructuring is like bowing 2 Ojukwu's Aburi Accord in disguise & admittin dat he was right 50yrs ago. Hehehe...

I see d North sufferin in d future wen their poor almajiri population rise up in a revolution against their leaders. I see d North cryin 4disintegration afta crude oil has become an irrelevant resource all over d world. But tragically, d Kanuri NE, Igbo SE, Yoruba SW, d oil-devastated SS & herdsmen-ravaged NC will take d 1Nigeria war 2them in a 2nd Civil War.

U may dismiss King kObOkO as a prophet of doom but I only want d North 2look far in2 d future & realise dat their children will bear d brunt of dis present oppressive Nigerian unitary system.

I weep 4d North 40yrs from now. They'll wish they allowed dis same restructuring Sen. Ekweremadu & all other regions hav been clamoring 4.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by TheCabal02: 5:01am On Sep 17, 2017
Throwback:
In summary the most notable Igbo leader recognised under the constitution is not in support of secession that is being championed by a terrorist .

He tried to preserve the easterners pride. But Anambra would not tolerate the insult from Nnamdi. The businessmen from Aria also want him zeroed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by seunmsg(m): 5:27am On Sep 17, 2017
Good submission by Ekweremadu. Even though most of the opinions expressed in this write up had been raised and discussed severally on this forum by some of us, ipob members call us Afonja and unity begger for it. It is good that the same views are now being expressed by a well known Igbo leader. Nobody can call the DSP an Afonja ewedu unity begger. The biafran agitation is more emotional than pragmatic and it is good that most Igbo elites see it as such.

Breaking up Nigeria will do nobody any good. Each region should sit down and define what restructuring means to them. We can then take it to a constituent assembly and harmonise our different positions. Nigeria is big and rich enough to work for everybody if properly managed. We should endeavour to make it work and not break it up out of tribalism.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ironheart(m): 5:52am On Sep 17, 2017
For the first time, an igbo man was thinking critically. If kanu had been well educated and we'll read, he would have understood this and I bet, he would have been the greatest leader Nigerians would have loved. But he slaughtered his good will on the alter of pride and greed. He lost my support the moment he started his insults and hate speech

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by BALLOSKI: 6:01am On Sep 17, 2017
Ekweremmadu, you risk being called an islamist jigadist from syria or somalia because of your position on this matter. Those guys, just like nna-MAD kanu, they don't have respect for anyone.
bamite:
Finally we can have some decorum on this forum, after the leader of those direspectful, illiterate vile commenters has shamefully gone into hiding.

Victory sweet die!!!!
grin grin grin
You call it python dance, but dilekto aka ohamadike who has extra eyes, saw surugede dance(and it's a deadly dance of the spirit that destroy both those who they see and those who see them while dancing it. ), orchestrated by ogbuagu himself, the people's general.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Xano(m): 6:06am On Sep 17, 2017
Intersting
Re: . by Yyeske(m): 6:07am On Sep 17, 2017
TheCabal02:

He tried to preserve the easterners pride. But Anambra would not tolerate the insult from Nnamdi. The businessmen from Aria also want him zeroed.

He must be silenced forever, ndi Anambra have spoken

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pryme(m): 6:19am On Sep 17, 2017
Watch them come out to call him Afonja

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by bamite(m): 6:22am On Sep 17, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Ignore any ignorant comment from a defeated ipob tout.

The actual summary is
The same tree stump does not trip a wise man twice. We must learn from the past and act wisely and decisively

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BALLOSKI: 6:31am On Sep 17, 2017
HiddenShadow:
people like you who hate reading will always post a wrong summary of a brilliant piece like this.
So, UN law is superior to our laws? UN laws respect sovereignthy of member state and do not force things on them. UN has benefitted from Nigeria than Nigeria got from them.
Without nations, there can't be UN, but without UN , they were nations, there are nations and there will forever be nations.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by obyrich(m): 6:31am On Sep 17, 2017
ZUBY77:
My stand all this while.

I am Igbo and I have always said it that I would even like the entire Africa to become one sovereign nation.
The bigger the better. My problem is that blacks are not good at managing themselves.
Everyone suspects everyone and that is bad.
I import goods to Nigeria and most are sold in the North and West. This would become difficult if there is a breakaway.
However there is need to decentralize power in Abuja.
The Federal Government are simply managing what is bigger than them. We have one finance minister who may not have even visited the South East all her entire life.
We have one minister of Education who may not have visited Borno or Yobe state all his life. How do we expect these people to perform wonders? It all boils down to the mistake the army quickly organised and called constitution in 1999 to enable them hand over power to civilians.

The problem is the 1999 constitution. The evil documents was hastily designed in a way that it won't allow any region to grow at its own pace.
.. .
I call on Nnamdi Kanu and his religious supporters to simply step down and push for restructuring. They have already raised enough dust to be heard.
They had no reason to form security groups such as BSS within a sovereign nation. The Federal government is actually afraid that if nothing is done fast, this BSS could be turned into army or even militant organisation soon. Therefore Nigerian government has valid reasons to send the army to my South East. I am not happy my brothers are being shot and killed like chickens and any reasonable human being should not.
I read some animal brains here rejoicing that a people are being killed, and I ask, where is the conscience here?
People would think Buhari loves what is happening in SE, no, I don't think he likes it. I remember the same Buhari once chose an Igbo man as running mate. I would rather think he has no options than to stop BSS by all means before it turns to a militant group within a sovereign Nigeria.

In conclusion, I support a Restructured Nigeria, not a divided Nigeria.
.. For the record, I am not a politician and never benefitted from any political position.
Very intelligent submission. I agree with you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BigIyanga: 6:38am On Sep 17, 2017
Never been a fan of Ekweremadu right from his struggling days as a lawyer in N/Haven in Enugu, but I agree with him 100% on this one, but IPOB is not a terrorist organisation.
Wish northern leaders like GMB and co had unequivocally spoken against Boko Haram when they were only bombing Xtians and Churches in the north.

2 Likes

Re: . by BALLOSKI: 6:39am On Sep 17, 2017
ironheart:
For the first time, an igbo man was thinking critically. If kanu had been well educated and we'll read, he would have understood this and I bet, he would have been the greatest leader Nigerians would have loved. But he slaughtered his good will on the alter of pride and greed. He lost my support the moment he started his insults and hate speech
if he had made it about idea and not geography, hate for corruption and not for other tribes, push for restructuring and not structural dissolution- maybe i'd have been a biafran myself by now.
Nna-MAD kanu is bereft of modicum knowledge to lead a struggle and a people.
He's too androgenous!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by bamite(m): 6:42am On Sep 17, 2017
Finally we can have some decorum on this forum, after the leader of those direspectful, illiterate vile commenters has shamefully gone into hiding.

Victory sweet die!!!!

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: . by obyrich(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2017
A very good one from DSP Ekweremadu. This is the incontrovertible truth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by bamite(m): 6:49am On Sep 17, 2017
BigIyanga:
Never been a fan of Ekweremadu right from his struggling days as a lawyer in N/Haven in Enugu, but I agree with him 100% on this one, but IPOB is not a terrorist organisation.
Wish northern leaders like GMB had unequivocally spoken against Boko Haram when they were only bombing Xtians and Churches in the north.

You should be grateful PMB loved the igbos enough to not allow ipob toe thesame path boko haram was allowed to take by the ineffectual buffoon.

Why not take a stroll to the NE and ask those who were in support of their actions in the begining just as you people are doing for ipob now, how far?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 17, 2017
front page. A very nice and detailed write up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos 2019: “no One Will Regret Voting Sanwo-olu” – APC Campaign Group / NNPC Records N13.43bn In Trading Surplus (dailytrust) / Own Goal: INEC Submits Wrong Shettima's Withdrawal Form To Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.