Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Do You Serve God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Serve God? (768 Views)

Terhemen Anongo: Man Castrates Self to serve God properly / Benue Man Castrates Himself To Serve God (Photos) / My Experience In Christianity...Personal Encounter That Drives Me To Serve God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Serve God? by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 17, 2017
Is it because you want to be blessed? You want your life to be easy? You want money, kids etc Or you simply serve God because the religious books say so. Do we serve him because of the benefits promised or what? I've been asking myself this question for a while too.
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by Hier(m): 6:13am On Sep 17, 2017
You serve God because He deserves it.

You serve God because He commands it.

Lastly, service to God is the initial purpose God created us.

Jesus said, the time is coming and now is, when the true worshippers shall serve God as the Spirit helps us to
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 17, 2017
Hier:

Jesus said, the time is coming and now is, when the true worshippers shall serve God as the Spirit helps us to

Interesting. Will you serve God if you were sick and poor and have been serving him for ages without any improvement? Just wondering.
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2017
To keep the spiritual fire (life) burning
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by Hier(m): 6:37am On Sep 17, 2017
Gaggi:
p
Interesting. Will you serve God if you were sick ai) s s and have been serving him for ages without improvement? Just wondering.
y

Greatness in the kingdom doesn't tally with the haves, Jesus said, the abundance of a man does not consist in the things that He possesses. With that understanding, I come to know the "have" doesn't count.

But we have a surer word of prophecy which says, seek ye first the kingdom of God(a sincere life of service to God) and every other thing shall be added. God has said He will add to me, so what I do is, ask while seeking the kingdom, it might seem Joseph, but everything eventually works for my good.
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by Freethought(m): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2017
Tbh, still don't know yet
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by hopefulLandlord: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2017
nice!
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by MummyJackson(f): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2017
because he created me and still caring for me.

meanwhile download post-UTME past questions for all university here

http://www.collageschool.com/2017/08/download-all-university-post-utme-past.html?m=1
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by Didov1(f): 6:50am On Sep 17, 2017
i serve him because of who he is
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by MhizzAJ(f): 7:09am On Sep 17, 2017
Hier:

Okay
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by pesty100(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2017
Most people who serve God, serve him for selfish reasons
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by Hier(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Okay

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. Corinthians 5:20

Pls get to know God for yourself

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Pls, get to know God. Its Gods will that we know Him, and I'm having this feeling you need a good pastor, that your present or so pastor is not teaching you the right thing, but this is coming too, like you had an ish with him or so. And God sincerely wants to heal you of that.
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by 0temAtum: 8:23am On Sep 18, 2017
Gaggi:
Is it because you want to be blessed? You want your life to be easy? You want money, kids etc Or you simply serve God because the religious books say so. Do we serve him because of the benefits promised or what? I've been asking myself this question for a while too.
People serve Yahweh and Allah because they threatened them with hell fire. As per the promises they made, they don't fulfill their promises and people have realised that but they just can't stop serving(or servicing) these gods because of the threats of fire. However, this is a time of serving your own individual purpose on earth rather than serving a god.
Re: Why Do You Serve God? by vaxx: 9:55am On Sep 18, 2017
Gaggi:
human are by nature submissive . it is either you serve God or you serve your own desire. you can't be without one. you either obey your own desire or you obey God.

(1) (Reply)

Let’s Say The Truth And Die, Nigeria Is Negotiable – Bishop Kukah / The Full Explanation Of The Number 666 Found In The Book Of Revelation / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/11/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.