Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil ? (729 Views)

"I Am Thinking Of Selling My Soul To The Devil" - Nigerian Woman / Sell Your Soul To Me. I Am Satans Representative In Nigeria / Man Dedicates His Soul To Satan On Facebook, Vows To Initiate Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil ? by lovedayugo(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2017
In the fanciful tale of Dr. Faustus, a man makes a deal with the devil: in exchange for his body and soul, the man is to receive supernatural power and pleasures for 24 years. The devil agrees to the trade, and Dr. Faustus enjoys the pleasures of sin for a season, but his doom is sealed. At the end of 24 years, Faustus attempts to thwart the devil’s plans, but he meets a frightful demise, nonetheless. This legend works well as a morality tale and as a metaphor for the wages of sin, but the details of its plot are not biblical.

The Bible has no instance of a person “selling his soul” to Satan, and it never implies that making a bargain with the devil is possible. Here is some of what Scripture does reveal about Satan:

1) Satan has power enough to oppose even the angels (Jude 9; Daniel 10:12-13).

2) Satan seeks to deceive by masquerading as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).

3) God has provided the means of defending ourselves against Satan’s attacks (Ephesians 6:11-12).

4) Satan’s power is limited by God’s will (Job 1:10-12; 1 Corinthians 10:13).

5) As “the god of this world,” Satan has dominion over those who live without Christ in the world (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Surely, there are those who suffer under direct satanic control, such as the young medium of Philippi (Acts 16:16-19). And there are those who have devoted themselves to the devil’s work, such as the sorcerers Simon (Acts 8:9-11) and Elymas (Acts 13:cool. However, in each of these three examples, the power of God prevails over Satan’s slavery. In fact, Simon is offered a chance to repent (Acts 8:22). Obviously, there had been no irrevocable “selling” of Simon’s soul.

Without Christ, we are all under condemnation of death (Romans 3:23). Before we are saved, we are all in bondage to the devil, as 1 John 5:19 says, “The whole world lies in the power of the evil one.” Praise the Lord, we have a new Master, One who can break the chains of any sin and set us free (1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Mark 5:1-15).

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil ? by obinna58(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2017
God created devil
God have power over devil
God can destroy devil anytime
God loves us all
God is kind and merciful
God badly wants all our souls living none to the devil
God gave devil access to earn souls
Pleasing God is very hard
Pleasing devil is enjoyable

Can't you just realize that religion has eaten you deep
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil ? by cjfbn: 11:35am On Sep 17, 2017
OP,
Most of what you wrote is Mumbo Jumbo.
The problem with Christianity is the way we interprete the bible.
We interprete it in such a way to suite us.
God did not create evil. Man did.
It would take so much to tell u about Lucifer.
All those things you see in movies are all fictions. They don't work nor exist.
The devil is not as powerful as we think. I have much to say but I can't put type everything here.
We give the devil much more than he deserves. I am very surprised because we claim we are Christians but we fear the devil so much.
Beats me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil ? by Daviestunech(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2017
cjfbn:
OP,
Most of what you wrote is Mumbo Jumbo.
The problem with Christianity is the way we interprete the bible.
We interprete it in such a way to suite us.
God did not create evil. Man did.
It would take so much to tell u about Lucifer.
All those things you see in movies are all fictions. They don't work nor exist.
The devil is not as powerful as we think. I have much to say but I can't put type everything here.
We give the devil much more than he deserves. I am very surprised because we claim we are Christians but we fear the devil so much.
Sir,pls I will need more insight of dis.
Can I add u up on Watsapp?
Beats me.
Re: Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil ? by cjfbn: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wouldn't want to post my number here. Do me a mail on chijiokefbn@gmail.com. Will send my number across

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Winners Chapel Church Member Build N1billion Chapel For Oyedepo In Lekki / Stephanie Otabor Confesses: I Was Paid To Destroy Apostle Suileman / Pastor Biodun Fatoyibo and wife celebrates their wedding anniversary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.