Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Omoyele Sowore - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore (1266 Views)

Omoyele Sowore & Wife Opeyemi Celebrate 15th Wedding Anniversary (Wedding Photo) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Nnamdi Kanu In New York (pic) / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore by Queenlovely(f): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
omohayek:
While I see lots of nice fantasies here, I don't see a single concrete suggestion as to how any of them will be brought about. Without those, what does any of this amount to but mere daydreaming in public?

you are not helping by been cynical. Anything is possible if you so desire it. Look around you, everything around you was once an idea, it starts with a little spark of imagination. Even your phone, bed and clothes was once somebody's dream. Show others the possibility and they will Act. Some can dream but cant act, while some can act but cannot dream.
Re: Omoyele Sowore by omohayek: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
Queenlovely:

you are not helping by been cynical. Anything is possible if you so desire it. Look around you, everything around you was once an idea, it starts with a little spark of imagination. Even your phone, bed and clothes was once somebody's dream. Show others the possibility and they will Act. Some can dream but cant act, while some can act but cannot dream.
What you call "cynicism" I call being realistic. Do you really think you're the first person to come up with a long list of lovely daydreams? What makes you any different from all the many dreamers who have come before you, but failed to see any of their dreams come true for lack of well-thought out proposals to realize them? If you think a lack of inspiration from daydreamers like you is why no positive development happens in a place like Nigeria, you're seriously deluded.

Africa has no shortage of fantasists wanting to see the continent capable of standing on its own and gaining the respect of the world: what it lacks is individuals with the necessary intellect, idealism, willpower and political savvy to turn such grand fantasies into realities, especially in the face of millions of fellow countrymen blighted by superstition, weighed down by poor education, and narrowly focused on short-term issues of survival, even if it means collecting bribes, taking on useless government "jobs" or seeking contracts from their kinsmen to execute poorly (or even not at all). Your inspirational endeavors won't amount to a hill of beans as long as public officials are happy to drive in Mercedes Benzes along potholed roads, cheered along by their victims happily chanting "Oga! Big man! Chief!" from the side.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore by Queenlovely(f): 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
Been angry at me won't fix the system. Only action does. This is like a diary for me to rely on once I set the ball rolling. I have my plans and dont expect me TO go into details explaining it on a public forum. I won't explain because you will only hear what you want to hear. For those who dare to dream. Anything is possible. As for the longlist of dreamers in africa, I am me. There is no other me else where in the world. I am unique..only few would have the Greatness to bend history. I can bend history

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore by urahara(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Queenlovely:
The name africa will no longer be used to scare kids. Africa will be synonymous to paradise. American will be organising visa lottery to visit africa. Our tourism industry is world class. The world will take notice of our history. People will be studying african history and culture. Foreigners will be learning african languages in schools. Many black Americans would want to go back to their root. Black skin is Equivalent to genius. African will be so rich we would be using technology for simple task. We won't have to learn Shakespeare anymore. Soyinka will be studied instead.

I love the way you think smiley
Re: Omoyele Sowore by Queenlovely(f): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
Our heroes like nkrumah will be known to the world. No more Abraham Lincoln. We would honour them on african currencies. African interest comes before personal interest. Our people will be so proud to be called africans. The wealth divide is not much. So many thriving middle class family. African Olympics champions becomes normal. We have our own Nobel prize. Our kids learn by practical, electricity is no longer rocket science. Solar panels has become common place. We harness the energy from the sahara desert. In future we even start cultivating the sahara desert. Mass shootings dont happen in my africa. Flying in a plane becomes common place.
Re: Omoyele Sowore by sonofluc1fer: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Queenlovely:

reading the first page alone caught my attention. Although those funny replies and comments made my day
grin
Happy Sunday grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore by ivolt: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Great imagination,
but I wonder how a continent which many of its individual countries cannot
maintain their unity will suddenly have a single voice on the world stage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happened To Restructuring! Is It Dead On Arrival?? / Fayose's 78yr Old Mother Spotted Drumming In Church 2day As Others Dance(pics,vi / Successor Battle: Uche Nwosu Out, Ololo In, As Okorocha Plots Plan B. Imo Govern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.