Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu (69712 Views)

Obasanjo's Call For Restructuring; Why The North Will Continue To Resist It / Femi Adesina Posts Cryptic 'reaction' To Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku / Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsing Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Yyeske(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
Noneroone:
you will still die and i will still die whether for or not for Biafra. hope it should also make me sad?
Say something sensible and remain on topic or stop mentioning me
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by bfire(m): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ninethmare:
The best advice from a war veteran...
Baba I know they won't listen
Their hatred has blinded their mental capacity
They will definitely see what they are looking for

When he leveled Odi in Bayelsa State, who did Obasanjo listened to?

When he imprisoned Adams of OPC and Dokunbo for years in
the dungeon, who did he listen to?

He should not make an opinion on what he can't tolerate, simple!
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by victorDanladi: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ninethmare:
The best advice from a war veteran... Baba I know they won't listen Their hatred has blinded their mental capacity They will definitely see what they are looking for
grin

1 Share

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Noneroone(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yyeske:
Say something sensible and remain on topic or stop mentioning me
until then...get a life.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Nedfed(m): 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Thumbs up to OBJ
The voice of an elder
But mind Buhari can't meet KUNU sorry I mean KANU.

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Patode: 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
This has been overtaken by events. Since IPOB is now a terrorist organization (like ISIS), you cannot negotiate with it. Terrorism is an international crime.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
idupaul:
Nigerians have once again lost focus as the discourse is now about IPOB here and there..IPOB has never been a formidable idea , at best it was a joke amplified by Buhari's poor decision..Enough of this IPOB please let the discourse return back to govt performance

boko haram was one of the fattest joke at the beginning. I personally laughed @ them wen they detonated many bombs n it could only wound people but not kill.

today they have been a thorn in our flesh.
don't denigrate any group because they are peaceful n refused to take up arms even in front of oppression.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
stagger:

Do you know what they discuss behind closed doors in the Council of States meetings?
Oga, if I may ask you, how many council of state meetings have Buhari convened since he came in as president? Certainly not more than two. Makes me wonder what you mean by "discuss behind close doors" cos a council of state meeting is not a secret meeting but it's a celebrated event which adds credibility to any administration.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
All we need is peace.Let's stop killing of Innocent people in Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by GoodMuyis(m): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Badgers14:
Since they outlawed IPOB calling them Terrorist organization.

What about Fulani Herdemen killing and raping people working jejely on their farm? Destroying their crops , sometimes their only means of survival.

I think they believe Fulani Herdmens are peace loving organization. angry

Stop being naive Fulani Herdsmen have being declared 4th Terrorist Group since 2014

https://www.nairaland.com/2748729/nigerian-fulani-militants-named-fourth

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by iammo(m): 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
lyntiffany:
My pls what do you mean by verbal terrorism? There is nothing as such. Terrorism is act of violence. I say it again it's act not wordish as you portray it to be.

violence
noun
1.behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
2."strength of emotion"[code][/code] or of a destructive natural force.

In ipob's case violence 2 is what i refered to
And as for verbal terrorism
You can read more here https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/verbalterrorism./2011/08/23/what-is-verbal-terrorism/amp/ or simply google it
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
Pesuzok:
Really, can somebody tell me what they hope to achieve from this dialogue?

NK wants Biafra or referendum, or death, what do you want the FG to dialogue about.

Is it that the FG will ask him to stop the agitation in exchange for what exactly.

Nigerians like rhetoric a lot, the same way everybody is saying restructuring but nobody explaining the kind of restructuring they are talking about

it's 100% better n more productive to sit with ipob 8 times in the next 2 years looking for a solution n slowing their their progress than to jump in n kill them. Pls show me where violence has been successfully used to solve issues.

all the FG needed to do was to make nnamdi kanu lose supporters, and this is not going to nw difficult because disuading n persuading igbos is usually easy. killing dem only brings more sympathy, more hatred n possibly a new militant group. Trust me they won't be like boko haram killing , they will only bomb pipelines n the 3rd mainland bridge n the 2 other bridges that leads to Lagos island.

Pls we know the restructure we want, if u don't know whatnu want, don't assume others don't.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Papaaldrich: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ninethmare:
THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by kolexy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Just see as they will begin to idolise OLUSEGUN Obasanjo now, forgetting that he was the one that massacred hundreds in Odi, Bayelsa State, and he didn't bother to 'invite' the people for any discussion. Yet no Igbo, Ohaneze, IPOB, BIM, MASSOB, or whatever they call themselves, spoke against that. When the military occupied the Niger Delta waterways, towns, and villages, no Igbo spoke against its illegality because it guaranteed them free flow of oil money.

As long as no Igbo person is a casualty, all is well and rosy and then when it favours them, they stand tall and say "we are one with the SS"! I reject such selective unity based on double standards.

Meanwhile, this goes out to the SE-and-SS-are-one unity beggars...

What discussion? I don't think you know what really happened. Are you the youths of that town killed Police Officers
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by dembularrr: 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
fratermathy:
Just see as they will begin to idolise OLUSEGUN Obasanjo now, forgetting that he was the one that massacred hundreds in Odi, Bayelsa State, and he didn't bother to 'invite' the people for any discussion. Yet no Igbo, Ohaneze, IPOB, BIM, MASSOB, or whatever they call themselves, spoke against that. When the military occupied the Niger Delta waterways, towns, and villages, no Igbo spoke against its illegality because it guaranteed them free flow of oil money.

As long as no Igbo person is a casualty, all is well and rosy and then when it favours them, they stand tall and say "we are one with the SS"! I reject such selective unity based on double standards.

Meanwhile, this goes out to the SE-and-SS-are-one unity beggars...

Y are d igbos only in ur mouth. U hateful vemin. Igbos dnt gv a hoot abt ur crude oil that keeps hitting new lows on a regular. Kai sm Nigerians cn b daft sha

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by lightwind(m): 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
do u people assume this is the end of Biafra? NO it is not, after Nnamdi Kanu biafra continues .

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by ibnyak01: 4:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
kanu need same treatment with Zakzaki.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by femia1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
Pesuzok:

NK wants Biafra or referendum, or death, what do you want the FG to dialogue about.

Is it that the FG will ask him to stop the agitation in exchange for what exactly.

Nigerians like rhetoric a lot, the same way everybody is saying restructuring but nobody explaining the kind of restructuring they are talking about

you ask what kind of restructuring i will say in simple tenses;
1. Nigeria should be Shares into six geopolitical zone(ss, se, sw, mb, ne and nw)
2. Presidency should be rotated around these six zones
3. Presidencial winner should be base on the candidate with the highest number of geopolitical zones and if there is a tie the highest number of population should be consider.
4. Political appointments should be base strictly on geopolitical zones and state.
5. Allocation of allowances to political appointment holders should be commensurate with civil servant, their take home pay should be cut down seroiusly.
6. Federal projects should be evenly distributed across all zones and state
7. State should generate their own revenue, moderate percentage of the state revenue should be allowed to the state this will help to carry out recurrent and physical projects in the state not totally depending on federal allocation.
8. The judiciary should be fortified against corruption,
So many to say, these are just some that are more pressing,

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Iamzik: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
Pesuzok:

[b]
Bros restructuring is not rocket science.

Let the federal government be in charge of defense, fiscal management and foreign affairs.

Let states be grouped into regions as we had them before. No more Senate. Only few federal house of reps members representing each region. State assemblies to be replaced with regional assemblies.

Each region will control and manage its resources, generate it's own revenues, pay it's workers and contribute a percentage to the federal government rather than the present situation where federal government hijacks resources from all states and dole out allocation every month. Several states are not productive or viable and needs to be merged.

That is the restructuring and it was so before Aguyi ironsi introduced the federal system after the coup. Nothing like concurrent, legislative or residual list. All regions will be free to embark on any project that will attract development to their region. Each region can have it's own police and laws so long as it doesn't contradicts the federal constitution.

This will bring a healthy competition and no region will neglect it's natural resource in expectation of fgn tax and oil money to be shared every month.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by dizzyime: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
The United States Diplomatic Mission has required a conclusion to interven in the midst of growing crisis in the nation. Read more. http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/ breaking-news/united-states-we-will-fight-biafia-see- why/

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is a caword period. Imagine such level of foolishness from a timeless lunatic.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by FBIL: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
Children everywhere on this anonymous Site. When tempers are high people reason poorly. Let us wait for those who understand the players in this brouhaha to advise us. Nigeria is in a democracy when we begin to act as if we're in Military regime, it negates most of the International treaties we signed. We aren't living in isolation. Just calm down, control your tongues and fingers.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by iammo(m): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
lyntiffany:
My pls what do you mean by verbal terrorism? There is nothing as such. Terrorism is act of violence. I say it again it's act not wordish as you portray it to be.
then again you should read up on non physical violence..

Kanu has a great course, but he used a very risky format to achieve is agenda, persecution is never a good thing for both parties
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by allstarcomic(m): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
The Python Dey Dance Kanu dey run
what will happen when The python start to Combine music with Dance He will surely
Varnish like Enoch

guys my video is out on youtube
click the link below to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4xrUTWbTvw
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ninethmare:
don't Pray For War. This Is Not 1967 When Buhari Was Involved As A Young Military Officers. It Won't Take Nigeria Army Months To Turn The East To Desert, May Allah Forbid War Anyway. Let's Sue For Peace
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Topestbilly(m): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin

The battle between Buhari and Obasanjo has begun

Cattlerists grin
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
I dnt beliv in any of dis It'z just a mata of time.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by brightalo17: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
deepwater:
Thank God they agreed his residence was stormed

Now to what end was that action

UN will ban Nigerian military and usher in BSS in there place.

USA will strip Buhari off the presidency and give it to Kanu then jail buhari.

RUSSIA will make Umuahia the capital.

ISRAEL will make that impostor from Turkey the Senate president

You OP will replace Lai muhammed
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by aggahegbema(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
any fly that refuses to hear follows the corps to the grave.
Re: Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu by danieljr: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
grin grin grin abeg apart from operation python dance 1 and 2; whch one come be corcodile smile 1 declare by the nigeria army spokeman Dat will befall d good people of south south and south east....i tire o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Fatima Ganduje-Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Can Never Come Close To Ajimobi / Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo Meet In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.