Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To (35995 Views)

5 Foods Nigerian And Ghanaians Have In Common / Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / See 4 Foods In Nigerian Which Is Origin Is Foreign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by chicoMX(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
mayordadon:
nothing special in this food ,not only students ,even nowadays with this our country wahala so, an average hme in Niger deals with dix..

ok bck to d qst op..humm

when u have 1k = indomie
when u have 600 =concortion
when u have 300 = beans
when u have 100 =garri 2(cup)60#sugar2(#20)kuli (20)
when u have 0 = u beg
so op.nxt

lalastica con du ur work oo...

Garri 2 cups is no longer #60 o, but then kuli and garri really helped my life back then at FUTA
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by stealthtiger(m): 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
What will a student not do just to survive.
Even this semester before the oloriburuku strike took off I discovered the cheapest food that will cost you just 70.
Ogi and sugar. Pour hot boiling water into a container with dissolved ogi. In Unilag there's always light so no need for gas or kerosene.

Man, that thing saved my life severally.
Beans and bread na staple o.
Then curry rice another delicacy. Just bombard the boiled rice with Gino curry, ground nut oil, Maggi, salt, pepper and your good to go.

Even when I have money I still do the above just to deeply enjoy this school life.
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by stealthtiger(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
What will a student not do just to survive.
Even this semester before the oloriburuku strike took off I discovered the cheapest food that will cost you just 70.
Ogi and sugar. Pour hot boiling water into a container with dissolved ogi. In Unilag there's always light so no need for gas or kerosene.

Man, that thing saved my life severally.
Beans and bread na staple o.
Then curry rice another delicacy. Just bombard the boiled rice with Gino curry, ground nut oil, Maggi, salt, pepper and your good to go.

Even when I have money I still do the above just to deeply experience this school life.

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
hehe we are tagged "beans men ", back in school , we eat beans with anointed G4 grin.

I have a roomie who cooks beans that lasts 4days , very economical titus grin. You just see him keep warming the stuff 24/7.

I remember the day he cooked beans late 10pm , wen the boiz havent eaten for 2dayz , i just told him to respect himself so the boys can have small joy. we kuku bring plate put near pot wey dey ontop fire cheesy

but this dude was trickish and decided to sleep off on us . his plan was to eat alone so it will last 4 days grin . He put off the stove and went to bed.
Oga titus woke up 2am and wandered past our beds like a saftey scout in search of danger . It was as though all souls were dead and no impedement was avail.

He abruptly dashed to the pot and dished a mighty bowl of beans in the dark, he made a gigantic bowl of garri shocked .

I was so hungry i began to have visions due to the aroma oozing from the pot. But before he could start eating, my other roomie put on the lights and rushed for two spoons (screaming no time to check time)cheesy. Then i sat up swiftly and sat like a monk who was ready to meditate to summon his "chi", with a sheepish smile wearing my face. we devoured the meal like it was our birth right cheesy

my guy was shocked and couldnt utter a word...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by donnaD(f): 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
No body don mention watery beans and eba.stew and eba great combo.six to six food
school life rocks.
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by MrDoGood(m): 11:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
TINALETC3:
If I eat concoction rice, it swells my eyes for complete 2days grin grin, no matter hw hungerbad reach, it's nt 4 me
Try and see your doctor.

Rice not good for you. Stick with item 4 den.
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by alhacq(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
TINALETC3:
If I eat concoction rice, it swells my eyes for complete 2days grin grin, no matter hw hungerbad reach, it's nt 4 me
why?
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by dadasupremacy(m): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Acid undecided
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Basaddawise(m): 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
true talk
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by RexTramadol1: 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
mayordadon:
nothing special in this food ,not only students ,even nowadays with this our country wahala so, an average hme in Niger deals with dix..

ok bck to d qst op..humm

when u have 1k = indomie
when u have 600 =concortion
when u have 300 = beans
when u have 100 =garri 2(cup)60#sugar2(#20)kuli (20)
when u have 0 = u beg
so op.nxt

lalastica con du ur work oo...

Breaking News: Sugar is now #20

and that is the real Hate Speech!!!
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Joelanthony: 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nigeria students, the answer and solution to that personal query of yours is finally here. Learn How to Grow your Penis in 2weeks
All thanks to the WORLDSHOCKER BLOG
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by anudking: 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
bumheit:
When my friends says Let's go and buy bread and beans and I still have #120 with me. Bread #70 nd #50 bread, i go drink water 4 hostel.
idiot boy,how ur life
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 18, 2017
anudking:
idiot boy,how ur life
G.I JOE, so network dey ur street? I happy 4 U o.

Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Greenbuoy(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2017
curvilicious:

Kpako! cheesy
Gbenu soun
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by 40kobo77part2: 12:42am On Sep 18, 2017
TINALETC3:

You like food.

The only person you follow on Nairaland has the picture of food on his dp. Should i add food to mine so you can follow me?
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by akmath: 1:01am On Sep 18, 2017
Beans and garri noni
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by jericco1(m): 2:21am On Sep 18, 2017
Reeberry:
You wan use 1k chop imdomie at ones? Why use up to 600 naira to cook concortion? How much you go come use cook normal rice? Your analysis no follow.
the thing tire me
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by tosyne2much(m): 3:59am On Sep 18, 2017
I can relate very well ooo cheesy
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by joyfullyjoyous(f): 4:26am On Sep 18, 2017
Toast made with Agege bread
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Babyurgly1(f): 5:15am On Sep 18, 2017
Back then, me and concotion rice be like 5&6. I don't even parboil mine. I will just wash d rice well, put d whole ingredients in d rice at once, and then head to d kitchen.

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Lilimax(f): 6:24am On Sep 18, 2017
comradespade:
Life of a student
When pocket money comes on time, u eat chicken;
And as the pocket money reduces, u eat product of chicken, (eggs);
And, subsequently, u begin to eat chicken's food (Corn, Garri, Millet);
And finally, when pocket money is finished, u become chicken itself, spending ur time walking around, just looking for what to eat! ��

� �� � � ����
Lol
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by MAK211(m): 6:34am On Sep 18, 2017
U add value to concortion when u add onion
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by encryptjay(m): 6:59am On Sep 18, 2017
Jacksonville:
hehe we are tagged "beans men ", back in school , we eat beans with anointed G4 grin.

I have a roomie who cooks beans that lasts 4days , very economical titus grin. You just see him keep warming the stuff 24/7.

I remember the day he cooked beans late 10pm , wen the boiz havent eaten for 2dayz , i just told him to respect himself so the boys can have small joy. we kuku bring plate put near pot wey dey ontop fire cheesy

but this dude was trickish and decided to sleep off on us . his plan was to eat alone so it will last 4 days grin . He put off the stove and went to bed.
Oga titus woke up 2am and wandered past our beds like a saftey scout in search of danger . It was as though all souls were dead and no impedement was avail.

He abruptly dashed to the pot and dished a mighty bowl of beans in the dark, he made a gigantic bowl of garri shocked .

I was so hungry i began to have visions due to the aroma oozing from the pot. But before he could start eating, my other roomie put on the lights and rushed for two spoons (screaming no time to check time)cheesy. Then i sat up swiftly and sat like a monk who was ready to meditate to summon his "chi", with a sheepish smile wearing my face. we devoured the meal like it was our birth right cheesy

my guy was shocked and couldnt utter a word...

1 Share

Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by TINALETC3(f): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2017
grin k na, upload it
40kobo77part2:

You like food.

The only person you follow on Nairaland has the picture of food on his dp. Should i add food to mine so you can follow me?
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by neighy(m): 7:03am On Sep 18, 2017
EruditeNews:
Here are four (4) types of food anyone who went to a Nigeria university must have eaten.

http://www.erudite.com.ng/2017/09/4-foods-nigerian-students-can-relate-to.html?m=1

1. CONCOTION RICE:
I do not know where the name "concotion rice" actually originated from. But we all know that it is a life saver for famished students and that it is so easy to prepare. It's main ingredients are just;
-Rice
-onion
-palm oil
-Maggi
-pepper
-salt.

You just have have to per boil the rice and then add the the necessary ingredients and viola food is ready.
guy wetin u dey per boil.. As water dey enter pot naso evrythin dey follow..

1 Like

Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2017
mayordadon:

ok bck to d qst op..humm

when u have 1k = indomie
when it remain 600 =concortion
when it remain 300 = beans
finally left with 100 =garri 2(cup)60#sugar2(#20)kuli (20)
when u have 0 = u beg
so op.nxt.

THANK GOD FTC...
God bless garri
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by suzzy4God(f): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2017
Hmmm,sch life.
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by ImaIma1(f): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2017
My own was rice. I can eat rice so much. I still make concotion rice in my house. Noodles was hardly ever an option till now.
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by DJInfluence: 11:35am On Sep 18, 2017
EruditeNews:
Here are four (4) types of food anyone who went to a Nigeria university must have eaten.

http://www.erudite.com.ng/2017/09/4-foods-nigerian-students-can-relate-to.html?m=1

1. CONCOTION RICE:
I do not know where the name "concotion rice" actually originated from. But we all know that it is a life saver for famished students and that it is so easy to prepare. It's main ingredients are just;
-Rice
-onion
-palm oil
-Maggi
-pepper
-salt.

You just have have to per boil the rice and then add the the necessary ingredients and viola food is ready.
Where is the crayfish na? Without crayfish and/or smoke fish, dis meal never set for me. I no mind go canal, go catch the fish myself. Ahh..the good old days mehnn. grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Worksunlimited: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2017
Wonder where feshelu with palm oil would fall under?

Or

Bread with groundnut?

Or

Bread with water?

The list is endless...
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Bowaley17(m): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2017
There's something we call Sokudale or pakulubati... Mix Garri with the beans when it's still on fire. After its has been served leave it opened, after some minutes it's will become thick. Finish it up. Till the end of that day, all you need is water.
Re: 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To by Worksunlimited: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2017
neighy:
guy wetin u dey per boil.. As water dey enter pot naso evrythin dey follow..

I tire o... Been get one room mate bak in the day, wey love to parboil rice.. The guy fit spend two whole hours parboiling rice like say na beans e dey cook..

His excuse was he was removing excess starch, buh we saw it as removing essential nutrients..

Anytym we dey H, we no dey gree am cook Sam sam, before night meet us for where e still dey parboil morning rice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Bush Meat We Killed In Our Farm / I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / Python Killed In My Area, Turned To Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.