Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Female Boss or Male Boss? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Boss or Male Boss? (25611 Views)

Poll: Which do you prefer

Male boss: 76% (56 votes)
Female boss: 23% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Sleep With Me Or I Fire You - My Female Boss. / I Need Help, My Female Boss In The Office Touches Me At Inappropriate Pla / Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by mukina2: 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2006
yes o desiree dey can be real bitches angry angry angry angrymean bitches

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by desiree(f): 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2006
@mukina2

There!!! you just gave me the right words to use grin grin ---mean bitches
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by alarinjo(m): 11:59pm On Jun 08, 2006
I think most women prefer female bosses because there is always some kind of competitiveness between women, why can't women just get along with women (is it because they are all generally, lipsrsealed fill in the blanks! grin) Even in day to day life, most women I know prefer to have male friends than their fellow females, hmmm, curious,

As for men, we all know why they prefer female bosses, lets just leave it at that. wink

I'm am male and I couldn't really give a hoot what the gender of my boss is. I have worked for both and can't say their is really all that much of a difference based on gender. There are cool headed females out there, just as there are male bitches! tongue
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by chinani(f): 12:58am On Jun 09, 2006
I had a really bad experience with a female boss. I think women (in general) tend to like or dislike ppl they work with and then let there feelings show. If they like you, it's gravy, if not, then lipsrsealed. Males are more like whatever whether they like or dislike you.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Ndipe(m): 7:01am On Jun 09, 2006
Job performance should not be tied to one's gender. I have worked under male and female bosses that have been both nice and not so kind to me. So overall, I would want an understanding and compassionate boss.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by dakmanzero(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2006
Depends on the task at hand

The best boss I've ever had was female. But then she was top management- gave her a lot of 'default' power.

Other female bosses may be good but they tend to have less power than equally ranked male peers- which leads to them and their team getting victimized. Not nice no matter how 'nice' they are.

Weak male bosses are just as bad, even worse, because they become bullies. A weak female boss wont bully you around just because she feels she's being victimized- the one I had actually gave us all a feeling of 'dont mind them, we shall overcome'

The second best boss I've had was a relatively low ranked but strong male boss. Because of his force of personality he could easily roll with the big boys, and we, his men, became 'stars' after a fashion as a result. However bosses like him are 1 in a million.

Summary: gender DOES matter, but unfortunately it is not clear which is better. it all depends (as usual) on context
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by babaiyabo1: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2006
male bosses are the best,
female bosses always have complex problems,the gender factor always comes in one way or the other
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by thelma2(f): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2006
Talk about working in a company where the MD/CEO is a male and HIS WIFE the ED.
my gawd! she keeps thinking every Female staff is after her husband. the day you dress very appealing to the office, when she finishes eyeing you ehn, you would want to strip right there in the office and put on a sack instead. angry

Abeg give me a male boss anyday anytime joo. kissand if you're giving me the male boss, please make it one who is so cute that he'll make me want to come to the office even on sunday grin
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2006
i would prefer a male boss,cause some women as bosses can be such headache.

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by zionchic(f): 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2006
@ Thelma

i hear you, now can we balme the MD's wife undecided undecided cheesy
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by justme3(m): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2006
i luv a female boss if there is the sex angle to it but if not i think a guy would be better
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by diddy4(m): 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2006
i will prefer a cute female boss, flirt with her a lil bit and get good evaluation. its all about the benjamins.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by zionchic(f): 4:50am On Jun 10, 2006
diddy how is it all about the benjamins, i thot benjamins meant money?

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by diddy4(m): 4:53am On Jun 10, 2006
yes dats what im trying to say. with a female boss, i will get good evaluation and promotion which will increase my benjamins. all i need to do is do my work and flirt a lil bit.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by zionchic(f): 4:56am On Jun 10, 2006
i hear you, don't be alarmed if her husband blows of your head with a .47 before the benjamins begin to roll in tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by jgirl3: 4:56am On Jun 10, 2006
lol. My preference is a male boss. Male bosses don't make women work as hard as female bosses do. Besides, male bosses have less to worry about
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Seun(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2006
As long as both men and women prefer male bosses, we will have more of them. Sorry girls! wink

Zainab wrote me and said: "I prefer a male boss cos they are more understandin, more dependable and more approachable. On the other hand, female bosses lack most of these qualities but not all of them do but most at times, female bosses could be harsh and haughty. To me I think male bosses are better based on the qualities I earlier mentioned."
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by yankidelta(m): 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2006
I love d response of IAH,but all the same I think I'll orefer a male boss at my level.They are more pragmatic in dealing with issues and I consider women as extremists-either too sentimental or too brash!
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by diyobdw(f): 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2006
I would prefer a male boss! Though i have only worked for females.
I think
i will flow better with fad and responsible male boss than someone who sees me has ac ompetition in every way!

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Mystique(f): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2006
NEITHER, Why?

Male Boss=Sexual Harrassment

Female Boss = Beef

BE your own BOSS!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by onydchic(f): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2006
I'm all for females gettin ahead and whatever, but my gosh, they can be so petty and BITCHY. Esp if ur a female under them. Dont know y they can be so paranoid. i've also had irritating male bosses, but at d end of d day, if REALLY had to choose, would be male. besides, they're more psychable.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by onydchic(f): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2006
I'm all for females gettin ahead and whatever, but my gosh, they can be so petty and BITCHY. Esp if ur a female under them. Dont know y they can be so paranoid. i've also had irritating male bosses, but at d end of d day, if REALLY had to choose, would be male. besides, they're more psychable.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by retro(f): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2006
I want a male boss, I get to bang him.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by dm(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2006
retro:

I want a male boss, I get to bang him.

Wow, that's a new one.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by mamaput(f): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2006
I think a male Boss, Because Women sometimes get carried away and do not know how to talk to people
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by dakmanzero(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2006
All the women here seem to prefer male bosses.

funny enough, you then go ahead to explain why women bosses are inferior and incompetent, because they are women!

I hope u know you are de-recommeding yourselves for any form of career advancement.

Next time you are passed over for promotion in favour of a man, remember your own words.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by mamaput(f): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2006
Its just got to do with the fact that they are bitches. They may do the work better but they just do not have good relationship to co workers.

My big boss is a woman but she is a kind of very cool person and never there.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by dakmanzero(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2006
you are a woman.

if you were a boss, would you be a bitch and have a dysfunctional relationship with your co-workers?

why are you limiting yourselves.

As chris rock said (hell of a source, huh), women are their own worst enemy. You all are holding yourselves back

One of my best bosses ever was a woman, and she is certainly NOT a bitch- plus I can't think of anyone in the entire company that could do her job better. Not among all the men, even.

But then what do I know. I'm not a woman. You guys know urselves better. She may have been a bitch inside for all I know.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by mamaput(f): 8:32am On Jul 18, 2006
I too can be a Bitch. People say i have a sharp mouth.
I believe in solving problems by cutting it at the root.
But I also stand up (Cover up) for anyone at any time.
Its a hard world out there.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Cleofel(f): 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2006
WHY SHOULD MEN ALWAYS BE THE HEAD?
WOMEN CAN ALSO DO WHAT MEN CAN DO,EVEN BETTER.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by onyiio(f): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2006
When i first worked with a female boss i vowed never to work with another again having worked and compared them with a male boss. But now, wow!, am working with a female boss, and am very glad and happy working with her. Before i joined the coy i was sceptical because of my boss gender, but now i hv come to understand, that the issue of boss being good or bad is an individual thing and not a gender thing. I work as a personal assistant to the MD, you know what it entails, you close when your boss closes work. my former bosses, who were males normally close work late, after work they may want to have their girlfriends visit them in th office, they will talk and talk till late in the night before you go home, but here, i hv a responsible boss (female), and go home latest 6pm which i love so much.

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Mystique(f): 7:31am On Aug 23, 2006
I hav a female boss, trust me when i say she has her moments angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ericsson Sacks 160 Nigerian Workers, Takes Jobs To India / Working In Abuja Vs Lagos / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.