Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Female Boss or Male Boss? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Boss or Male Boss? (25606 Views)

Poll: Which do you prefer

Male boss: 76% (56 votes)
Female boss: 23% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Sleep With Me Or I Fire You - My Female Boss. / I Need Help, My Female Boss In The Office Touches Me At Inappropriate Pla / Sleep With My Boss Or My Resignation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by sekem: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2017
None

I am my own boss
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by 0b10010011: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

Male or Female.
Why this long epistle?

Me sef fear!
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by kingsmaila(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2017
From my experience, I prefare the Male Boss to Female as the female are too bossy and autocratic while the Male are considerate and democratic.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by benfluleck: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lol In this days of over 43% unemployment you can't afford to be picky. Any boss is fine, sex is not and should not be used as a factor in decision making
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by toseen7: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
benfluleck:
Lol In this days of over 43% unemployment you can't afford to be picky. Any boss is fine, sex is not and should not be used as a factor in decision making
Abi ooh
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
@ Seun how do you create a poll on Nairaland
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by bigtt76(f): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
Both can be good or bad to have. It all depends more on the personality than the sex at times. You can have both a caring or bitchy boss of either sex the most important thing of all is ensuring you are able to manage your work relationship with them in order to get the most out of your job.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by dingbang(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Male please
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Iamzik: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
sade511:
I'd prefer a male boss because I can bend him anyway I want him.

Whehdon ma.

You must be an expert bender grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Daeylar(f): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
This Is the highest I've seen, thread from 2005 shocked shocked

no wonder I was shocked when I saw a comment from seun on FP

real throw back Saturday. lol

6 Likes

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by bonetalk(m): 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Seun:

I prefer a jewish boss! cheesy

A female boss who might be interested in my sexy sexy self? Bring her to papa! cheesy
oga Seun, perhaps Zuckerberg is your role model and u wish to be successful like those Jews.
and for the second paragraph, I don't understand what you mean.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Bugatie(m): 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Seun:
[s]Same here, thank you! Although a female boss will tend to have less ego problems- that is, if she's not from my tribe.[/s]

This thread is 11 years already, how time flies...

When oga Seun had time to comment on threads tongue tongue

There's always hope, destiny can only be delayed, not denied!
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by fetrillion(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
lifexpress:
If I have to choose between two departments in the same company, I would look out 4 performance and not sex as a first option. And if they are rated equal in every way, I would choose the one whose physical appearance is more charming. My boss must be able to be a role model for me.
When u know that we come into this life as equal children of God, reincarnating again and again each time alternating between the sexes, then u can lose your likes and dislikes. The human mind is so strong as the prison-warden that locks us away from our divine knowledge, because it's best weapon is to make us like and dislike to create in us fear and anger, greed, lust for power/sex etc, vanity and undue atachment to our beliefs/properties. Spiritually though, the male is cut out for serving in the role of ultimate boss or spiritual leader of the universe! And u can't choose here.
dey asked u just simple question... male boss or female boss?...

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by banmee(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
Male. Anytime and day. Women are to emotional.

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Ichietome: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
alarinjo:
I think most women prefer female bosses because there is always some kind of competitiveness between women, why can't women just get along with women (is it because they are all generally, lipsrsealed fill in the blanks! grin) Even in day to day life, most women I know prefer to have male friends than their fellow females, hmmm, curious,

As for men, we all know why they prefer female bosses, lets just leave it at that. wink

I'm am male and I couldn't really give a hoot what the gender of my boss is. I have worked for both and can't say their is really all that much of a difference based on gender. There are cool headed females out there, just as there are male bitches! tongue
By your last statement, you indirectly implied that males are generally cool headed while females are generally bitches
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by bababeejay: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
hotangel2:
Who needs a boss when i'll be a boss?

I won't work under somebody (in Jesus Name -- Amen).
then u wont manage people till the end of time. To be a leader, u have to be a follower first. The most difficult task in the world is managing people.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Maj196(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
Who resurrected this ooo
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by TKDEE(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
babymine:
A male boss, definitely!
u females knows ur capabilities
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by 7footre(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
Seun:

I prefer a jewish boss! cheesy

A female boss who might be interested in my sexy sexy self? Bring her to papa! cheesy

Oga boss? So you naughty huh? But you be acting all 'withdrawn' now huh

2 Likes

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Ichietome: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
dakmanzero:
you are a woman.

if you were a boss, would you be a bitch and have a dysfunctional relationship with your co-workers?

why are you limiting yourselves.

As chris rock said (hell of a source, huh), women are their own worst enemy. You all are holding yourselves back

One of my best bosses ever was a woman, and she is certainly NOT a bitch- plus I can't think of anyone in the entire company that could do her job better. Not among all the men, even.

But then what do I know. I'm not a woman. You guys know urselves better. She may have been a bitch inside for all I know.
You are being sentimental
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Ichietome: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
alarinjo:
I think most women prefer female bosses because there is always some kind of competitiveness between women, why can't women just get along with women (is it because they are all generally, lipsrsealed fill in the blanks! grin) Even in day to day life, most women I know prefer to have male friends than their fellow females, hmmm, curious,

As for men, we all know why they prefer female bosses, lets just leave it at that. wink

I'm am male and I couldn't really give a hoot what the gender of my boss is. I have worked for both and can't say their is really all that much of a difference based on gender. There are cool headed females out there, just as there are male bitches! tongue
By your last statement, you indirectly implied that males are generally cool headed while females are generally bitches
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Ichietome: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cleofel:
WHY SHOULD MEN ALWAYS BE THE HEAD? WOMEN CAN ALSO DO WHAT MEN CAN DO,EVEN BETTER.
You are being sexist
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Ichietome: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cleofel:
WHY SHOULD MEN ALWAYS BE THE HEAD? WOMEN CAN ALSO DO WHAT MEN CAN DO,EVEN BETTER.
You are being sexist
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Ichietome: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cleofel:
You are being sexist
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by unqombothi(f): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
nferyn:
I would go for a female boss. The women I worked for are usually better managers and know how to deal with people better. if you want to go for a clear objective in a competitive environment, I'd rather work with men, they're more focussed
The reverse is my experience. Women are focused but men manage people better.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by TKDEE(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
kiwibabe:
undecided Female Bosses in my experience tend to be too bitchy.  undecided

Male all the way!!!
grin
kiwibabe:
undecided Female Bosses in my experience tend to be too bitchy.  undecided

Male all the way!!!

u guys know ur talent.....quarrel
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by unqombothi(f): 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
flower:
I'd have to say a female only because they would understand emotions better than men. I also tend to think they'd be more compassionate although I may be wrong. I've never had a female supervisor.
Women more compassionate? As we say in Chinese, you neva chee chun chin.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
This thread na ancient and modern .

some Nairalanders sef still der inside womb then

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Flintstone06(m): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
I PREFER A FEMALE BOSS, THEY TEND TO LIKE ME grin grin grin. I HAVE HAD 3 FEMALE BOSSES WITH DIFFERENT COYS. THE SECOND(CHINESE) WENT AS FAR TO FETCH ME DRINKING WATER FROM HER OFFICE DISPENSER UPSTAIRS. I WAS STUMPED shocked shocked shocked...MALE BOSSES? NOT FEELING THEM JUST LIKE AM NOT FEELING THIS CURRENT ONE I HAVE.
Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by raphy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
HV been working with female boss the past 3yrs.I HV a good relationship with her.

my first male boss was during my apprentice days 2 and a half yrs with him.he smoke weed too much.
when I com late to work he will cane me.

but I grow a thick skin .I graduated from apprentice n become my own boss.

female boss are OK to me...

you HV to serve someone before someone will serve you.
its a circle.

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Kingsley1000(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
THIS THREAD IS 13YEARS OLD..WONDAMENT

1 Like

Re: Female Boss or Male Boss? by Flintstone06(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
unqombothi:

The reverse is my experience. Women are focused but men manage people better.

WELL, NOT MEET A MAN THAT CAN MANAGE PEOPLE LIKE THE FEMALE BOSSES I HAVE MEET

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Do Dispatch Riders Make Monthly? / Ericsson Sacks 160 Nigerian Workers, Takes Jobs To India / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.