Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu (1703 Views)

Edo Election: I Foresee Bloodbath - Primate Ayodele Says, Warns Buhari / Ikpeazu Inspects Projects In Abia, Stops Street Trading At Opobo Area (Photos) / Nigeria More Divided Under Buhari Than Any Time In History – Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by sarrki(m): 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia has expressed gratitude to God for averting bloodbath in the state, following the withdrawal of troops deployed to Abia for a one-month military exercise code-named “Operation Python Dance.”

Ikpeazu made the remark on Sunday when he visited the secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Abia council to commiserate with journalists over last Tuesday’s invasion of the secretariat by soldiers.

The governor noted that the presence of the troops sparked tension across the state.

He said “we are grateful to God for intervening in stopping what could have been the greatest bloodbath known in the history of mankind.”

He also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for reposing confidence in Southeast Governors’ Forum, “by giving us a second chance to talk to our people on the need for us to live as one united nation.”

He added that the Igbos remained the most widely travelled people in Nigeria, living and conducting
businesses in every nook and cranny of the country.

The governor put the estimated population of Igbos in the north at about 12 million, with Borno having the least population of about 50,000 Igbo households.

He said Abia needed peace for business to thrive, especially in Aba, the commercial nerve centre of the state.

“I am very happy to say that normalcy has returned to the state,” he said, adding that Muslims worshipped in their Mosque on Friday in Aba.

He, therefore, urged residents of the state to go about their lawful businesses, assuring them that government would continue to provide adequate security for lives and property.

The governor described the invasion of the NUJ secretariat as unwarranted, saying that “journalists do not deserve such an attack.”

He said that although journalists faced different hazards in the course of their duty, military attacks only happened under military regime or war situation and not in a democracy.

Ikpeazu, who complained that the activities of his administration were under-reported, urged journalists to help in reporting the state positively to the world.

He promised to look into some of the challenges facing the Abia NUJ, including taking steps to complete the union’s unfinished permanent secretariat.

Earlier, the state Chairman of the union, Mr John Emejor, narrated how the secretariat was invaded by no fewer than 20 soldiers without any provocation.

Emejor said that Abia NUJ was the only council in the country that still operated in rented apartment.

He described the relationship between the union and Ikpeazu’s administration as frosty and urged the governor to take steps to reverse the trend.

The Abia correspondent of The Oracle Today newspaper, Bonny Okoro, was manhandled during the attack.

His Samsung tablet, as well as a cellphone belonging to the correspondent of Daily Times, Mr Sunny Nwakanma, was also destroyed by the assailants.

Gov. Ikpeazu was accompanied on the visit by his Deputy, Chief Ude Oko-Chukwu, Rep. Sam Onuigbo representing Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Constituency, and the Pillar of Abia NUJ,
Dr Anthony Agbazuere. (NAN)

http://thenationonlineng.net/abia-bloodbath-would-have-been-greatest-in-history-ikpeazu/
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
South-East politicians tried to use IPOB to arm twist Nigeria.
They have learnt a bitter lesson

5 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by sarrki(m): 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Igbos are funny people

You called a place zoo and you don't expect to see pythons within ...

5 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheCabal:
South-East politicians tried to use IPOB to arm twist Nigeria.
They have learnt a bitter lesson

I'm worried for the Nigerian youth, they don't read and they don't understand. But for nairaland they will be clueless. Too much ethnic comments by small boys and girls every where . You guys have learnt evil things !!!

4 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
instead of them to caution Kanu when he started his madness they were playing politics with him with pat on the back. Thank God sanity has been restored...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by 9jvirgin(m): 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
The people following Kanu are worst and more low life than almajiris. How can an eediot ask you to go and behave stupid on an empty stomach. I don't know who is more stupid between Kanu and these hungry scoundrels.

Heard Operation Kobo Kobo Dance is getting ready to unleash a more nasty flogging on these nonentities.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by sarrki(m): 9:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
He also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for reposing confidence in Southeast Governors’ Forum, “by giving us a second chance to talk to our people on the need for us to live as one united nation.”

Hmmm

Thank you Muhammadu Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Tamass: 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
some idiots have already died for a fruitless course

3 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by littlewonders: 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nigeria is turning to be the best place to avoid even as a citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by tobida: 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wake me up wen IPOB finish.
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by tobida: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
instead of them to caution Kanu when he started his madness they were playing politics with him with pat on the back. Thank God sanity has been restored...

The troops left? IPOB is still in their zone, wake me up wen Biafra finish.

It is like the militant u give dem amnesty, but dey are still in NigerDelta, anythime dey like they resume work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
tobida:

It is like the militant u give dem amnesty, but dey are still in NigerDelta, anythime dey like they resume work.
Kanu is watching

1 Like

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by fergie001: 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
We thank God for peace
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by hungryboy(m): 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
I'm always of the opinion, that the South East and South South has always had the worst set of leaders in this country.

Thanking God that a bloodbath was averted, innocent unarmed civilians, the people you claim to serve, were killed by Soldiers sent by this ex dictator and you didn't even dare to protest and speak against Buhari's action,

You didn't warn the Government against deploying Soldiers on the streets on an operation you knew will only lead to bloodshed,

You didn't waste time in proscribing Ipob when you were told by Buhari to, an action that's not even legal.

How many Northern States have banned Fulani Herdsmen for killing thousands of farmers in their farms,? none

The North will keep ruling the South for a thousand years, not because the are more intelligent, but because the are always United in purpose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Amarabae(f): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
My main anger is at innocent people who may not be ipob members yet were shot, the army must probe it, Restructure this country,let all these noise end!
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by ZorGBUooeh: 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
Useless governor..God punish yu dia angry

1 Like

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
1acre:

I'm worried for the Nigerian youth, they don't read and they don't understand. But for nairaland they will be clueless. Too much ethnic comments by small boys and girls every where . You guys have learnt evil things !!!

Are you saying the south-east support for IPOB was not for greed but genuine grievance.
I wonder what SS and NC want to do, if the SE wants to burn down the zoo..

1 Like

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by tabletman1: 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ignorance kills faster than anything. major conflicts and terrorism in Africa is caused by ignorant. Kanu 's followers believed everything he told them because they are just like programmed zombies, how can someone in his right sense challenges someone who wields a fully loaded gun with cutlass,kitchen knives and broken bottles just to protect a leader who has not lead anything since his entire life. KANU is just an average man with no track record of leadership but his followers believed that he will give them Biafra with just spoken words rather than tactical Nigerian politics.
I feel sorry for those who gave their souls to the struggle because no matter what, they are still my brothers.

May God protect and guide the Igbo race both home and abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by zlantanfan: 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
f
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by sarrki(m): 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
Amarabae:
My main anger is at innocent people who may not be ipob members yet were shot,
the army must probe it,
Restructure this country,let all these noise end!

Nigerian army were professional In the Python dance exercise

Also note that it was when they attacked the military that they responded in kind

No innocent lives lost

1 Like

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Amarabae(f): 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
sarrki:

Also note that it was when they attacked the military that they responded in kind

No innocent lives lost
innocent lives were indeed lost,
infact i am tired of commenting on this whole thing,
romance and family section is calling me back,
goodluck to you and Igbos!
Lols

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by myrrtle(m): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
sarrki:

No innocent lives lost
since you speak with so much certainty on this, I wish you what happened to the innocent people who lost their lives.
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by sarrki(m): 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
Amarabae:
Lols

I must come DAT section to bring you back here grin grin

Your input is also needed

Those for and against is what will make us great as a nation

Aside terrorist organization

1 Like

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by slivertongue: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
Amarabae:
Lols

the military and their minions like sarrki are busy stoking the crisis with lies. when it is nt the killing of hausas and yorubas and burning their mosque, it is attacking the military.

those killed are mostly innocent people but like odi like zaki biam
muje zuwa

2 Likes

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheCabal:

Are you saying the south-east support for IPOB was not for greed but genuine grievance.
I wonder what SS and NC want to do, if the SE wants to burn down the zoo..
I am not shifting grounds, im entitled to my opinions remember!!
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Amarabae(f): 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
slivertongue:

the military and their minions like sarrki are busy stocking the crisis with lies when it is the killing of hausas and yorubas and burning their mosque, it is attacking the military.

those killed are most innocent people but like odi like zaki biam
muje zuwa
Aba indeed saw hell,
i heard that the city is cool now,
thank God,
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Jesusloveyou: 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hmm
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by Jesusloveyou: 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
tobida:

they can never get peace like boko haram .
Idiotic pigs of Biafra are now terrorist like boko haram.
Anywhere you see both, kill them
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by cowardafonja: 10:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Wretched low life!

That stipend will soon run out
Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by ritababe(f): 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2017
tobida:

resume work right? you realize this operation is part two right? part three will soon come, I just hope u know how bornu is now.

1 Like

Re: Abia Bloodbath Would Have Been Greatest In History- Ikpeazu by ritababe(f): 11:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
cowardafonja:

Wretched low life!
That stipend will soon run out
typical Ipob, always resulting to insult when they have nothing else to say..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shock And Anger As Buhari Bans Admission Of Female Cadets / We Need Nnamdi Kanu Now: Fani-kayode / Aisha Shares First Photos Of Yusuf Buhari After His Return From Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.