Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. (31951 Views)

10k Giveaway For 10 Lucky Students / 10 Lucky Discoveries That Made People Rich / 8 Lucky Finds That Turned People’s Lives Around(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Gloryejims(f): 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
Since I've asked a question in chemistry, for the benefit of those with biology majors, I'd go in that direction.

A man with a dominant gene for albinism marries a woman with a recessive gene for same character. If they were to give birth to 20 children, how many of them are likely to be dominant albinos?

Is it possible that all children are albinos?

It's possible that all will be albinos if the dominant gene prevails but on equal grounds there's a 5050 chance.. I.e 50% will have dominant and 25% recessive while 25% will have little or no traits of the gene at all
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by eddie7: 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Pls get a bank with many branches, I have not seen union bank for over a year now.
Hey, hope u ain't patronising with the young man's emotions and time. U can assuage this process by a simple bank transfer using your mobile device or quickTeller...we no spastics to these things. Enough said
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by kenness(m): 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
Since I've asked a question in chemistry, for the benefit of those with biology majors, I'd go in that direction.

A man with a dominant gene for albinism marries a woman with a recessive gene for same character. If they were to give birth to 20 children, how many of them are likely to be dominant albinos?

5 of them
Yes its possible
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by cuvox(m): 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

Since the dominant gene dominates the recessive gene, all the children are likely to be dominant albino

Yes it is possible for all the kids to be albinos
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

15 children are likely to be dominant albinos

It's not possible that all the children will be albino
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Gloryejims(f): 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

If they give birth to 20 children, 10 will be dominant albinos
5 will be recessive
5 might not be albinos
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by eddie7: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
kelvinreality:

Thanks boss... The issue has been solved.

Thanks for your concern, much love.
U don collect?
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by VinceSpence(m): 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
They would all have dominant albino gene

It's not possible for all the children to be albino though it will be in their gene.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nazareth10: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
the possibility of them being albinos is 50:50. all of them can still be albinis
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
AstonM:
No, 0/20 chance
or better still, ALMOST ZERO chance outta 20 children
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by LionDeLeo: 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
eddie7:

Hey, hope u ain't patronising with the young man's emotions and time. U can assuage this process by a simple bank transfer using your mobile device or quickTeller...we no spastics to these things. Enough said
I have stated in the beginning on this thread that I won't do such. I also stated it clearly that banks with many branches will be preferred to ease the job for the guy I will send to the bank as I'm not free to go myself.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by omenka(m): 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ifelove1:

Yes
This is the right answer, and it comes first.

Besides this only a few more respondents got it right.

50% of the offspring have a "chance" to show dominant character for albinism and in a population of 20, that amounts to 10.

And yes, for every individual birth, there's a chance, even if it were 25%, that we get a dominant albino. Therefore, it is true that ALL 20 offerings can be albinos.

Cc: LionDeLeo.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by deain1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
It is not possible that all will be albinos
Albinism is a genetic condition which is mostly caused due to recessive gene which means that a child receives one abnormal gene from each of the parent. The parents have both a abnormal gene and a fully functioning gene. While the fully functioning gene always dominates the abnormal gene, the parents never suffer from albinism. When both the parents carry a abnormal (recessive) gene, on mating, there is a 25% chance that the child will suffer from albinism, 50% chance that he will not suffer from albinism but will be a carrier of the abnormal gene and 25% chance that he will neither be a carrier nor will suffer from albinism.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nazareth10: 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nazareth10:
the possibility of them being albinos is 50:50. all of them can still be albinis
I mean all can be dirminant albino. bcs the chance is equal
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by veilkonsultant: 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
veilkonsultant:
10 children.
yes. very possible

a random pairing situation can theoretically occur to favour albinism everytime
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nazareth10: 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nazareth10:
I mean all can be dominant albinos as the chances for each us equal
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by kenness(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

10 of them are likely to be Dominant albinos
Yes its possible
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by LionDeLeo: 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

50% of the offspring have a "chance" to show dominant character for albinism and in a population of 20, that amounts to 10.

And yes, for every individual birth, there's a chance, even if it were 25%, that we get a dominant albino. Therefore, it is true that ALL 20 offerings can be albinos.

If he sees this post, let acc info pls.

My turn
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by eddie7: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I have stated in the beginning on this thread that I won't do such. I also stated it clearly that banks with many branches will be preferred to ease the job for the guy I will send to the bank as I'm not free to go myself.

Well I had to air my mind cos every labourer deserves his/her wage... no qualms
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Ifelove1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by cuvox(m): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

My turn

In how many minutes?
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
eddie7:
U don collect?
Tomorrow.....I hope you are good.
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by LionDeLeo: 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Next question for 10k in 5 minutes.

1 Like

Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by omenka(m): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

My turn
Shoot. wink
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by babyfaceafrica: 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Next question for 10k in 5 minutes.
subject
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Endomorph: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:

I take strong exceptions to your answer. Do you mind explaining better
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by afo7219: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

My turn
Next question sir. How many minutes?
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by omenka(m): 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ifelove1:

Thank you very much.
Odewale Ifeoluwa David
First Bank
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by veilkonsultant: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
that's the right answer. next question please
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by eddie7: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
kelvinreality:

Tomorrow.....I hope you are good.
I'm cool my brother. Enjoying ur answers. Ride on
Re: 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
eddie7:

I'm cool my brother. Enjoying ur answers. Ride on

Thanks. ....we just have to utilise any opportunity when we see people that value Education and knowledge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (50) (Reply)

Ajayi Crowther University VC Shuts School After Students Poured Him Water / Change Your Jamb Details- Phone Number/ Email 2018/2019 Academic Session / Answer This And 2 Others For 10k, Students Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.