Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70559 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2017
My dear I wonder the type Christian who was almost a pastor in Deeper Life that doesn't need Jesus.
Image123:

Lol, frosb that has nothing wants others to be like him. Someone who never knew Christ and does not believe in Jesus is interested in how a church is faring? Oh, sing us a lullaby please.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by solreb: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

In all your Jesus worship where is the one and only ALMIGHTY GOD ??

OP, are you truly a christian?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2017
The term cult usually refers to a social group defined by its religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by mmsen: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2017
Most of these Nigerians churches operate in the same way.

Hundreds of thousands of people slavishly following one man.

I had a friend who joined Christ Embassy and started texting me 'Pastor Chris says...' every other day.

Sounds like a cult to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by kristen12(f): 9:43am On Dec 16, 2017
Before I opened this thread, I knew it was frosbel already.

Dude is soooooo obsessed with deeper life that he can't explain.

Olodo tongue tongue

Today isn't sunday, I wonder why it was even pushed to frontpage.
Nairaland lacks content already. Bringing controversial topics to the FP won't get you guys more audience

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by KOLISBABA(m): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.
Now , go and continue following your cult leader.
Bro hw do u mean u need God nd u dnt need jesus
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Joefixy(m): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2017
May God almighty judge you with this bunch of lies that you just said about this church...
frosbel2:
I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuyi

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Whoisshe(f): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2017
You have no right to destroy a churches identity like that. Worst of all is that you once belonged there even a worker. If you wanted to leave, you could have left quietly, you did not need to make all those false accusations against the church. Better go and ask God for forgiveness cos you are in deep trouble.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Peterosky(m): 9:49am On Dec 16, 2017
Op, stop criticizing churches,it is not good for your health and well-being. There is no need creating a thread on this matter. please be careful to avoid the wrath of God.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by beloveddan: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2017
OP wrote he was in the church for about 20years and grew in rank " to almost a pastor". If after 20 years of being in a church like DLCM, and you say you do not need Jesus because you have "Almighty God", then you have fallen from the faith. 'If you do not have Jesus, you do not have God' 1Jon 2:23
What makes you a child of God is God's life in your spirit. That life is given to you by Jesus. 1 Jon 5:12
I am not and was never a member of Deeper Life.
I advise op to trace his way back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by samzzycash(m): 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
NoWorries7:
Don't know... I'm Planning to join them though. I really do like their simplicity. I need it.
if you really want to join a religious group because of simplicity abeg jw is a better joice for you.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Adebunmiolufemi: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.

This is too harsh bro, you go to the Almighty God through Jesus, that is why we pray in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2017
Whoisshe:
You have no right to destroy a churches identity like that. Worst of all is that you once belonged there even a worker. If you wanted to leave, you could have left quietly, you did not need to make all those false accusations against the church. Better go and ask God for forgiveness cos you are in deep trouble.

I am not out to destroy one church or any church for that matter. If a church is true it cannot be destroyed.

I am out to expose the myths, fables and total madness being practiced in the Nigerian church, all done in the name of God while society as a whole is going from worse to worse from a purely moral perspective.

You guys need to find God and STOP following MEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by adeoyun(m): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2017
goshen26:
I stop believing their preaching and holiness higihaga since the GOs daughters wedding scandal
HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A DAUGHTER

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by annie74(f): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2017
lonikit:

yes my sis. some points are true. no church is perfect.
It's all good. May God help us all
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 16, 2017
Adebunmiolufemi:

This is too harsh bro, you go to the Almighty God through Jesus, that is why we pray in Jesus name

I believe in Christ the Messiah , not the White Jesus, lol- grin
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Deo1986(m): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2017
Funny how so called ''christ followers'' are castigating one another over doctrines. Another strong reason to shun religion.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 16, 2017
He is not a Christian, he just want to run down the church of Christ. I'm not a Deeper Life &
&I may not agree with them on so many issues but it still remains one of the church that instill discipline in their TRUE members
Didov1:
the hypocritic way of some so called christians on nl is heartbreaking..they are the ones that knows the church that leads to christ,the ones that leads to hell,the occultic one,the pastor that is in support of buhari nd prt of d cause of hardship in nigeria,the idol worshipers,the demonic church that wears only white,..,why why why?..why cant you live ur life and let others live.,.if u endup going to a church that doesnt suite ur way of life then make a change,.the church you hate so much might still be the church that have won nd is still winning many souls for christ..sofar we all bliv in christ,we are one in the body of christ..we shld be tolerance of other pples faith nd ways of worship please...op,tho u dnt sound like a christian,but goodluck 2 ur new found faith nd way of life#shalom
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Joshrob(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2017
goshen26:
I stop believing their preaching and holiness higihaga since the GOs daughters wedding scandal

G.O did not have any daughter,just two sons. get your fact right.
don't just come and comment bcus others are commenting, if you don't have anything good to say just keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Ranchhoddas: 9:55am On Dec 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

This is a blatant lie from the pit of hell! You were never a worker neither did you almost become a Pastor before you took off on your suicidal mission. The church almost made a mistake in making you a worker but with God's providence it did not happen. You knew that you were going to be exposed if you had taken up the offer. cool

If you had been a believer as you claimed to have been you would at least know the spelling of the name of your Pastor.

What has he said that is not backed up with Scripture?

Why should we believe you now that we know that you are a liar just like your father, the devil?

Even Jesus said that His coming will set the loved ones against each other, that's only the signs of the last days as you are already fulfilling.

And it took you how many years to discover this? undecided

How did they become members if true compassion was not extended to them in the first place? undecided

You lied again.

That will only happen to those who join the church with ulterior motives.

Just say that you are a wine lover just as atheists love their sinful lifestyle and do not want to part with it and as a result will assert that God does not exist.

It is only genuine salvation that can give you the joy of the Lord. The fact that you had a false conversion should not be projected to the whole church.

What stopped you from getting saved?

Is that what you experienced from your loved one?

And you believed that for 20 years? You must have taught that to others, no?

It is actually for the young ones who you seek to mislead as I can see for some who are already following in your footsteps that I am responding to your lies. They have to know that you are a bold faced liar and deceiver. They should at least know who they are following and not blindly jump into the pit with this deceiver.
You always type like a robotic computer programme.

But on this topic you have spoken like a human being and have taken time to address his points. This means you were really affected by the OP. It also means there is some truth in what the OP has said.

That you think every member must know how to spell your pastor's name further buttresses his claims about the cultic nature of your organization.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2017
Let m ask u , u poster. Jesus disciple are cult? Where de name Christian come out from?
Pple saw dere unity , one language , one behaviours, dey named den Christ likeness? Please bewarn.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by eph12(m): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:
You can see how far away from Christ these whitewashed hypocrites are, first of all, they always attack the messenger and never the message, then they start cursing with the foulest language possible and thereby exposing the darkness of their heats.

I stand by this post, any MAN who believes he has the absolute truth and cannot be questioned is dangerous and the group he leads is a CULT.

Deeperlife rain curses on poor members every Sunday with Malachi because they are unable to afford tithes, they denigrate women for the way they dress instead of carefully and lovingly admonishing them, they call any critic a backslider and they deny you were ever a worker the moment you start to write posts like this particular one ( which by the way makes them liars ).

God is God, he alone possesses truth and he alone is our master and savior through Christ.
There will be chaos if that is allowed. People with ulterior motives will have field days.

Aside being unable to challenge Kumuyi, what are the things you didn't agree with?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by rinzylee(m): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2017
You are looking for an excuse to SIN. go and meet Pastor Kumuyi and tell him these things face to Face and not come here where heathens and unbelievers would join you to mock God and His church. I doubt you were ever born again let alone really converted. you should know better than coming here to expose the body of Christ and say dirty things about her. Yes, there are excesses, every church has a tendency to have such challenge. If God opens the video of your life, your deep secret sins and thoughts of your heart, I bet you would commit suicide !!!
Go and tell the leadership of the church what you are not comfortable with and stop helping Satan to destroy lives.
Do you know how many people will never ever become born again because they read this rubbish you wrote Don't worry you will explain yourself to Jesus on the day of Judgement.
And.... I am not a deeper life member... have never attended a service there . Be very careful!!!

4 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by gpmorgan: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2017
From ur statement; the truth is not in you. U can deceive man to be a worker but u can't fool God. If you are for Christ i
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by jeruzi(m): 9:58am On Dec 16, 2017
You are a child of the devil trying to lead people, most especially the young one to their destruction. You are bitter. This write up is useless. #I not a member of his Church.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by rinzylee(m): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2017
adeoyun:

HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A DAUGHTER

Don't mind him... he doesn't even know the real story. pastor kumuyi just has 2 sons.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

This is a blatant lie from the pit of hell! You were never a worker neither did you almost become a Pastor before you took off on your suicidal mission. The church almost made a mistake in making you a worker but with God's providence it did not happen. You knew that you were going to be exposed if you had taken up the offer.

So you have added Liar to your name ??

I was a worker for many years in Deeperlife. You don't have to act like a raving fanatic in order to defend your MOG.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by kristen12(f): 9:59am On Dec 16, 2017
Opeyemiebun:
Well,I will add few things though certainly the OP is not a christian but he has few points due to doctrines.
I have them so well on my street
1.they choose marriage partners for individuals I.e like a woman with masters compelled to marry a mechanic with little or no education

2. I witness one where a member of almost 20yrs whose wedding was not allowed to be carried out in the church just because the daughter married someone outside the deeper life church. God saved her she was a principal of an Anglican school at the time and used her influence to hold the wedding in the school chapel .
3. They don't interact with people both on street and outside and view people as not holy as them
But,I love pastor kumuyi lifestyle and his simplicity and I believed he is not aware of most of these unholy doctrines

Jesus!!! That's a big, fat lie. I'm not a member ooooo but my mum has been working in their marriage committee for more than 27 years and it has never happened.

Please get your facts right and stop spreading lies.

PS. wedding between deeper lifers and other church members is allowed(it happens very well) when due process is followed

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by femi4: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

In all your Jesus worship where is the one and only ALMIGHTY GOD ??
The funniest thing is that you can't separate the two.

Jesus told the Pharisees; you claimed you know God yet you couldn't believe that he was sent by God
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ojochidem(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2017
My brother, I advise that you repent of your sins before it is too late. Heaven and hell are real.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by gpmorgan: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2017
From ur statement; the truth is not in you. U can deceive man to be a worker but u can't fool God. If you are for Christ from any church at all; you can't say such things. By their fruits we shall know them. Just accept Jesus now and join Bible believing church. Note: we have Bible doctrine and church doctrine : try to fully obey the Bible doctrine

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2017
kristen12:

Jesus!!! That's a big, fat lie. I'm not a member ooooo but my mum has been working in their marriage committee for more than 27 years and it has never happened.

Please get your facts right and stop spreading lies.

PS. wedding between deeper lifers and other church members is allowed(it happens very well) when due process is followed

This is another sign of a CULT.

The bible says that "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from God " and "therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.".

The marriage committee is just another control tool to rule over the church masses. Cults always want to control every aspect of a man's life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex / There Are Plans To Assassinate Buhari – Mbaka / Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.